Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeches idling

numanoid

I have started to notice a disgusting trend in the plains. in many matches you can find a player who just keeps standing around in the zone or the terminal waiting for you to clear bounties.

I know you can report players, but this kind of behavior is not listed and i also know its often abused by "dele ur gam" crowd even if not that much of an issue right now in wf.

• Like 2

leeching idle topic #464366

this topic has been talked about MANY times an will always get the same main answer from players of you to just to either do the bounties with friends an clan mates only or just do it solo.

Not much that you the player can do about these people other than purposly lead enemies to the leecher to force them to use up all there revives an are unable to get any loot cause are forced into being in idle state an there nothing the lazy leecher can do

1. Use valkitty

2. Drag them to enemies

3.grofit 😄

kidding aside, i find that the most practical way to deal with these kinds of folks is to do bounties solo. These people are far more worse than mr1-3 in bounties because despite all their disadvantages, they still do their best to bullet jump to the objective, and hit grineers with a mk1 bo. Unlike folks who use an archwing and just stay in the air and once ur in the final stage of the bounty, they are the nearest ones in extract. 😞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Castlefrost said:

1. Use valkitty

2. Drag them to enemies

3.grofit 😄

kidding aside, i find that the most practical way to deal with these kinds of folks is to do bounties solo. These people are far more worse than mr1-3 in bounties because despite all their disadvantages, they still do their best to bullet jump to the objective, and hit grineers with a mk1 bo. Unlike folks who use an archwing and just stay in the air and once ur in the final stage of the bounty, they are the nearest ones in extract. 😞

i raise your rage kitty with using a telaporting loki to directly put them in middle of some agressive ghouls

17 minutes ago, Castlefrost said:

1. Use valkitty

2. Drag them to enemies

3.grofit 😄

10 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

i raise your rage kitty with using a telaporting loki to directly put them in middle of some agressive ghouls

Be great if it wasn't usually a Limbo sitting in the rift.

1 hour ago, HellVOps said:

But why is it not a ingame option?.....~sigh~

Because you need proof of him being afk, screenshot of him, the mission progress, or perhaps ingame chat. Otherwise it’ll easily be misused.

what the game needed is a way to record player activity in some sort of a way to record players activity that can be send to DE as ingame report attachment.

amazing how open world generate more topic like those.I want a kick ban and report option

kinda remember the sentinel week-end rework with the slice of pie display from your lotus,its no

Edited by Ouinpis

3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

leeching idle topic #464366

this topic has been talked about MANY times an will always get the same main answer from players of you to just to either do the bounties with friends an clan mates only or just do it solo.

Not much that you the player can do about these people other than purposly lead enemies to the leecher to force them to use up all there revives an are unable to get any loot cause are forced into being in idle state an there nothing the lazy leecher can do

No, it's good and let people keep on making more and more topics because that's the only way to get attention from DE and maybe get something done about it. I my self ran into tons of leechers or fishers / miners and they are really cocky and bossy about it believe me. And why they shouldn't feel like that? They know they are not going to be punished for that because there is no fast procedure of reporting for leeching and boi if you have like 4-7 leechers a day? That's a bunch of tickets to submit and no one gonna be waisting that much time, especially with long response time on tickets.

well see that the point with open world that Is forced on us

why go to a relay,forced to see the fashion,its a showcase its good for sell

soo be it.Yet cant blame someone from showing up in mission to see and do his stuff. cuz he or she dunno

lack on DE info for new player.selling tennogen 1 thing making open world for those that need soo call needed challenge is and other

was expecting that all you elite.lol would help a new player

3 hours ago, spyroxion said:

No, it's good and let people keep on making more and more topics because that's the only way to get attention from DE and maybe get something done about it. I my self ran into tons of leechers or fishers / miners and they are really cocky and bossy about it believe me. And why they shouldn't feel like that? They know they are not going to be punished for that because there is no fast procedure of reporting for leeching and boi if you have like 4-7 leechers a day? That's a bunch of tickets to submit and no one gonna be waisting that much time, especially with long response time on tickets.

why do you need to wait for a response?

open the ticket with your report, attach your proof and you are done.

DE will in no way tell you what punishment they deal to the leech so there is no point of waiting for a reply.

Or they can just implement a system that squad members can vote to kick someone from the team, if it's just the two of you then the lazy turd gets kicked right away.

Don't tell me to just play solo if I don't want to encounter players like this when that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated in the first place...people who play properly SHOULDN'T be the one adjusting for the unruly players.

40 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Don't tell me to just play solo if I don't want to encounter players like this when that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated in the first place...people who play properly SHOULDN'T be the one adjusting for the unruly players.

we, the players don't tolerate it: if I could, i'd have all those caught leeching banned for a week, or longer, but Leechers are always gonna be a thing no matter what. like it or not, solo or premade is the only viable solution to the problem, it's just up to you whether or not you wish to use it. DE have stated multiple times that a kick sytem will never be implemented as they are prone to abuse. 

if you aren't willing to solo or use recruit chat, then I suggest you temper your expectations of public games: public means you're signing up to take literally anybody with you, useless or not. public games will not go your way 100% of the time, and to expect so is completely unreasonable. leechers suck, but then so do many other things in life that we can't get rid of.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Is recruit chat and/or clan/friends lists disabled for some players?

I'm beginning to think this "leech problem" is an excuse to whine.

Recruiting manually takes more time instead of just joining random party with 1 click of a button. If you are going to go and make manual party for every single thing you do you are going to end up spending quite a bit of time.

What do you mean excuse to whine? It IS a problem and don't act like it should be like this. Unless you are one of those leechers yourself and it just triggers you seeing so many complains lately knowing that people despise this kind of behaviour?

I really hope these complains will keep on going until DE finaly does something about it. This is co-op game and not "I will watch anime whike afk'ing and you cary me" type of game.

28 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Recruiting manually takes more time instead of just joining random party with 1 click of a button. If you are going to go and make manual party for every single thing you do you are going to end up spending quite a bit of time.

What do you mean excuse to whine? It IS a problem and don't act like it should be like this. Unless you are one of those leechers yourself and it just triggers you seeing so many complains lately knowing that people despise this kind of behaviour?

I really hope these complains will keep on going until DE finaly does something about it. This is co-op game and not "I will watch anime whike afk'ing and you cary me" type of game.

It's not like that. 

The game does offer options with who you want to play with and you have total freedom to either keep playing with the leech or leave and either solo, play with friends or find another group of people. 

Having these threads being repeateadly brought up won't really change things, bringing it to the support in a well structured manner so the leecher recives proper punishment is the best bet on actual changes.

Edited by Henji

43 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

we, the players don't tolerate it: if I could, i'd have all those caught leeching banned for a week, or longer, but Leechers are always gonna be a thing no matter what. like it or not, solo or premade is the only viable solution to the problem, it's just up to you whether or not you wish to use it. DE have stated multiple times that a kick sytem will never be implemented as they are prone to abuse. 

if you aren't willing to solo or use recruit chat, then I suggest you temper your expectations of public games: public means you're signing up to take literally anybody with you, useless or not. public games will not go your way 100% of the time, and to expect so is completely unreasonable. leechers suck, but then so do many other things in life that we can't get rid of.

But talking as if nothing can be done is almost the same as tolerating it. 
I understand how pubs work but other games have a system that makes it easy to get rid of crappy people in a team INSTEAD of making the whole team leave because of 1 person. 
I don't mind carrying someone afk-ing but it can get really irritating when it's a frequent encounter and it becomes an issue because why aren't they doing anything to stop it? And then people will start telling you "play solo", "use recruit chat", "play with friends or clan"...see, afk-ers and leechers won't stop because everyone is tolerating them.
It's like you found a rotten apple, do you throw the whole box or do you just get rid of the rotten one? People here seems to suggest to throw the whole box and to never buy a box of apple ever again.
I don't know how many similar threads have existed before but if there's been a lot, then it is obviously a big problem. 
People keep making threads like this because they wanted to talk about it and have a discussion about it so idk what you guys accomplish by going in here and shrugging like "hey, it's not that bad, just play solo if you don't like it". How about we just do something to stop this kind of behavior, right?
Again, people who play properly shouldn't be the one adjusting for them.

1 hour ago, Henji said:

It's not like that. 

The game does offer options with who you want to play with and you have total freedom to either keep playing with the leech or leave and either solo, play with friends or find another group of people. 

Having these threads being repeateadly brought up won't really change things, bringing it to the support in a well structured manner so the leecher recives proper punishment is the best bet on actual changes.

Basically my answer is what @Yxivi said above. 

Mainly with the point why we, fair and honest players, have to go around this, look for other methods etc etc? It's us, who should have easier time and not leechers. 

By the way you are so okay with it I really think you are leeching your self. 

Maybe vote kick is something that shouldn't be done because it can (and it will) be abused but option to be able to report player in game after mission should really be there instead making us to record, take pictures, upload them, go to support and submit a ticket. Then afterwards instead of matching up either spend time and make your own party (and by the time you make party you could have done half of the bounties) or go solo which usually takes longer (especially if you get bounty to find 3 caches and no matter how OP you are it's always faster to have 4 people looking for 3 caches rather than to do it all by your self.) 

It's really odd for me that so many people are okay with suggestions that fair players has to look for alternative methods of playing and okay with not having fast and easy report option within the game.

32 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Basically my answer is what @Yxivi said above. 

Mainly with the point why we, fair and honest players, have to go around this, look for other methods etc etc? It's us, who should have easier time and not leechers. 

By the way you are so okay with it I really think you are leeching your self. 

Maybe vote kick is something that shouldn't be done because it can (and it will) be abused but option to be able to report player in game after mission should really be there instead making us to record, take pictures, upload them, go to support and submit a ticket. Then afterwards instead of matching up either spend time and make your own party (and by the time you make party you could have done half of the bounties) or go solo which usually takes longer (especially if you get bounty to find 3 caches and no matter how OP you are it's always faster to have 4 people looking for 3 caches rather than to do it all by your self.) 

It's really odd for me that so many people are okay with suggestions that fair players has to look for alternative methods of playing and okay with not having fast and easy report option within the game.

Thats because you still don't understand the point. 

Again, if you want to make a change, the best way you can do it EFFECTIVILY is by reporting said player, yes, is more labroeus, yes it waste your time on searching for people or reporting the leecher BUT you also deny the leecher it's free run and also make sure that he will be punished in the future. 

I would also appriciate if you didn't call me a leecher specialy since you DON'T KNOW anything about me or anyone here, just because we don't have the same opinion doesn't make anyone here a leecher. 

Vote Kick is stupid, you pretty much asking for a worse system that doesn't work and WILL be abused by anyone thus adding another issue on top of the leecher problem. 

Edited by Henji

I 100% agree not only does not doing something not fix it but completely encourages more people to do this. At this rate this game will almost always be played solo. Yes im exaggerating a bit but im seeing this more and more everyday. It doesnt have to be a vote to kick option that everyone is so terrified of. Hell alot of games have that and it works fine. How about a system that automatically boots a player if there not damaging a mob for a certain duration. There are plenty of suggested ways to do this thats not a vote to kick. Just saying leave it just drop or play solo is not a SOLUTION its a cop out.