Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are consoles going to get an update?

(PSN)Veloseraptbaby99

Question

I'm guessing they'll get it to cert by the end of the week, and it'll drop next Tuesday-thursday? I think they try to release the updates with the current hotfixes too.

All done? With everything? All the primes? Syndicates maxed out? Sorties? All nodes unlocked? Top rank mastery? Focus schools maxed? Always something to do. Index, eso, aberrations, 2 large open areas. So you get the next update and burn through that, what next? Cry on the forums that there needs to be more content.

Yeah, it's for this reason that Elder Scrolls Online has been getting much more play time from me lately. I have pretty much lost interest in WF on console with the last few updates makes it feel like console is just an afterthought. I just feel like the console love Is just not there atm. The updates keep getting further and further apart. 

Edited by (XB1)Eminem2420

12 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I agree, but the part with no faster updates is not true, exactly 1 update was faster than usual..

I think the excuse for the cursor was just a blatant lie for a bad design decision..

I can't mention one other game I've played the last years that had a cursor in it..

Nope, not one.

Destiny.

That game has many flaws but the UI is not one of them.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

Its not about the Certification process, its because DE has a small console team that optimizes updates to match console requirements, this team being small it takes them a long time.

Given that console makes up about half the player base what's the reason for such a small team?   Shouldn't these updates be worked on in tandem?  Yes, there would be a small delay for cert but that should really be it.   Or do de make the update solely for pc, send it out and then say to themselves " right, let's now work on doing this for console" ?  Doesn't seem very efficient to me and understandably creates frustration in half their players.

4 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Getting warframe to consoles was an afterthought.

Not true at all. DE selected the PS4 as the console platform because they wanted the option to have crossplay with PC (Xbox was anti-crossplay back then). This was their intention very early in development. It was during development on PS4 that DE realized the console update cycle was prohibitive for their current team so they decided to drop crossplay.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Not true at all. DE selected the PS4 as the console platform because they wanted the option to have crossplay with PC (Xbox was anti-crossplay back then). This was their intention very early in development. It was during development on PS4 that DE realized the console update cycle was prohibitive for their current team so they decided to drop crossplay.

Actually, they selected the PS4 because Sony paid for them to be a launch exclusive on the platform.

On 2019-01-21 at 9:54 PM, (PS4)Veloseraptbaby99 said:

Lets remember that there hasnt been any sort of update after pc got multiple, this is longer than usual.

PC Fortuna, 2018.11.08, part II 2018.12.18 = 40 days.
XB1 fortuna 2018.12.10, part II 2019.01.29 = 50 days. (Based on Tuesday ETA)
So only 10 more days than PC, I think that is mostly due to Certification and multiple holidays.

The updates in Cert, the updates are always coming. Why are people still complaining about this. Just get used to the fact we wait 1-2 months for updates. 

Its actually awesome for us because we can see what’s coming and plan for it, grind resources for research, stock up on rivens for a weapon type, get warframes equipped properly, prep a squad to run the content.. knowing what’s coming is an advantage for us.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

The updates in Cert, the updates are always coming. Why are people still complaining about this. Just get used to the fact we wait 1-2 months for updates. 

Its actually awesome for us because we can see what’s coming and plan for it, grind resources for research, stock up on rivens for a weapon type, get warframes equipped properly, prep a squad to run the content.. knowing what’s coming is an advantage for us.

I remember back in my time on Defiance we had to wait like half a year or more for an update lol! Infact that trash called Defiance 2050 hasn't had an update since October, and it's a MMO that came out a few months ago!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I remember back in my time on Defiance we had to wait like half a year or more for an update lol! Infact that trash called Defiance 2050 hasn't had an update since October, and it's a MMO that came out a few months ago!

Haha yeah and we still got bugs with those updates lmao good times 

1 hour ago, (PS4)zXz-Subzer0-zXz said:

You need a source to confirm WF launched on PS4 first? Lol

No, to prove that Sony paid for exclusive access. Sony did support DE and was given 3 months of exclusivity but the Xbox version didn't launch until 10 months after the PS version regardless. So to claim that Sony paid for exclusivity is misleading at best.

On 2019-01-20 at 11:19 PM, (PS4)Veloseraptbaby99 said:

Why is it that I've seen warframe youtubers with tons of new things to work with when I've been waiting for a very long time for just the new update? Would love to get Nyx rework as soon as possible!

Solution is to play Anthem when it drops switch back and forth Anthem definitely won’t delay any updates 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

That doesn't make the console launch less of an afterthought if we keep in mind that Closed Beta started on October 24, 2012; Open Beta started in March 25, 2013 and PS4 release was only on November 15, 2013 and probably only because Sony saw how successful was warframe getting on PC. As you can see, DE didn't have consoles in mind and iirc there was even some concerns from the already stablished PC playerbase of PS4 updates slowing down PC development.

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

That doesn't make the console launch less of an afterthought if we keep in mind that Closed Beta started on October 24, 2012; Open Beta started in March 25, 2013 and PS4 release was only on November 15, 2013 and probably only because Sony saw how successful was warframe getting on PC. As you can see, DE didn't have consoles in mind and iirc there was even some concerns from the already stablished PC playerbase of PS4 updates slowing down PC development.

No offense but PC players always cry about slower development when a game is developed for consoles; that's just a fact of gaming. As for the rest, you can claim that DE never intended to develop for consoles but that doesn't change the fact that they made the PS4 launch window. So either Sony had the foresight to invest in Warframe back when it was still in beta giving DE time to learn the PS4's architecture or DE was already developing Warframe for the PS4. Which do you think was more likely?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

And by that logic we'd also have the same game-breaking bugs PC does. No thanks. cert is there for a reason.

Certification doesn't fix bugs, it prevents the update from harming the system or causing problems with the network. The bugs still come with the update if DE doesn't catch them, it just won't cause catastrophic damage to your console.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Certification doesn't fix bugs, it prevents the update from harming the system or causing problems with the network. The bugs still come with the update if DE doesn't catch them, it just won't cause catastrophic damage to your console.

Cert may not fix the bugs, but the cert process does cause DE to batch up changes giving PC folks a chance to kick the tires and for DE to make fixes and QoL adjustments, I appreciate this...and I think that's what Skippy was referring to. Just look at Fortuna part 2, we're not going to suffer through the same repeller systems pain the PC folks had to, we'll be able to get them with standing from day 1, etc.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

No offense but PC players always cry about slower development when a game is developed for consoles; that's just a fact of gaming.

Sure! That's what happens when a game is developed for consoles first and then ported to PC. But in this case things are backwards and warframe console players are usually crying about slower development.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

As for the rest, you can claim that DE never intended to develop for consoles but that doesn't change the fact that they made the PS4 launch window. So either Sony had the foresight to invest in Warframe back when it was still in beta giving DE time to learn the PS4's architecture or DE was already developing Warframe for the PS4. Which do you think was more likely?

Since it usually takes DE around 1 month to get console updates out (most likely around 3 weeks to make the port and 1 for certification) and warframe back then was a way smaller game, I still see more likely that sony saw warframe's success on PC and wanted it on PS4, if DE had been learning PS4 architecture or Sony had been investig from earlier in warframe's development, you can be sure the frame who shall not be named would run free on PS4 too given how quickly DE can still port complete updates that are bigger than the size of the whole game by the end of 2013.