Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we getting any content this month?

Circle_of_Psi

6 hours ago, Kyronz said:

Lately content has been both anemic and disappointing.    So hoping for content is not all that hopeful, since it will be late, and disapointing considering, you are asking a studio suddenly proud of pushing out mostly garbage.

So why are you even here then, if the content is so bad? There must be other games out there you could be playing instead.

Or do you just like to troll?

5 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

This community doesn't really want "content". That's too broad of a generalization, even though it's the buzzword everyone throws around. The community (excluding YouTubers, for a reason) want more items, with rewards as the main type of item. YouTubers want something new that they can show off and talk about, so they prefer new game modes that they can make videos on for months to come to keep and draw in subscribers.

Did your forgot a /s behind that or do you really believe in that? o.O

How about a gamemode with randomized warframe, mod and weapon load outs in different mission types so you have to adapt? That would be fun and give us some things to do. Rewards maybe Kuva, Endo and some Arcanes. In that way we would get some rewards that dont suck and could play a gamemode that could be challenging and fun for I think the most part.

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

So why are you even here then, if the content is so bad? There must be other games out there you could be playing instead.

To leave the game is not an option if its your only game you play or want to play. Also he just asks. No need to play the Whiteknight for DE. He is right the last drop is over a month ago. Its not bad to ask if this game gets content more than normal. Calm down.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Serafinia said:

I don't need any new stuff at the moment cause I still have a lot to do. I play mainly for fun so not really care to get any new item instant or farm weeks for it. I simply just pass my time in game and do something else. 

And others dont. So why is this even an argument?

10 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

They complain when nothing happens...and when something does happen, they find things to criticise anyway. 

Different people with different reasons. They are not the same people so thats fine. And a discussion over the new content is better than over no content at all.

8 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

If you're not finding anything fun to do in the game, take a breather and come back when you feel there's something fun to do.

Stop whiteknighting DE... they dont need it. That does not help anyone.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Voltage said:

I was waiting for this comment.

Many players complain that there is nothing to do. We then get an update. People complain about it being too grindy and DE makes adjustments. Fast forward a few weeks to a month and people complain there is nothing to do. 

The Spiral of Madness. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20120617123214

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Hope not, not to sound bad, but u pc guys can take a back seat for a bit, Consoles does'nt even have fortuna  2 yet.....so hopefully u guys are on hold til consoles and swtich gets fortuna 2....

Does that really matter ? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Henji said:

Does that really matter ? 

yeah it does, how bout u. playing without an update that de has said was coming and u still don't have it while someone does...Clearly, u'r on pc, due to only someone that is on pc would say that, but if u were on consoles, you wouldn't be saying that would ya? No, u wouldn't.......

11 hours ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

yeah it does, how bout u. playing without an update that de has said was coming and u still don't have it while someone does...Clearly, u'r on pc, due to only someone that is on pc would say that, but if u were on consoles, you wouldn't be saying that would ya? No, u wouldn't.......

I play Monster Hunter World on PC, I know the feeling.

Still, it wouldn't really matter for me either way because I understand that I'll still be playing that content on the same pace as everyone that is playing with me in my platform and since, as far as I know, we don't interact at all aside from the forums and maybe the discord channel, I can hardly see why are you being so...upset about it ?

Edited by Henji

21 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

For this brief moment, you got a taste of what it feels like to play on console.

I guess I did, huh?

21 hours ago, Serafinia said:

I don't need any new stuff at the moment cause I still have a lot to do. I play mainly for fun so not really care to get any new item instant or farm weeks for it. I simply just pass my time in game and do something else. 

@Renovakunumaru 

Consoles at least getting a more polished product. 

I can see that, got other stuff to do and what not.

21 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I suspect we shall, actually.

That whole deck 12 thing they said they had 'nothing to show for'? Yeah, not buying that they don't have anything. Those images flicker up were awful suspicious, and looked awfully deck twelve-y.

I'm guessing that we'll be getting that Wednesday-ish. Probably Gas City next month, since that's so close to done.

I hope so, but I rather have both this month (or very shortly after each other)

20 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

My personal hope is we get a first taste of melee 3.0.

Eh, I'm not really bothered about melee 3,0, tbh (please don't kill me)

20 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Content drought!!!

20 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Joke aside, if February ends up like January you could make this argument.

It will trust me.

20 hours ago, Naftal said:

I hope they're releasing Exploiter this month and the last orb, if that's going to be content, in february.

I rather have both, as I said above

18 hours ago, Voltage said:

Many players complain that there is nothing to do. We then get an update. People complain about it being too grindy and DE makes adjustments. Fast forward a few weeks to a month and people complain there is nothing to do. 

Can't please everyone, I'm afraid, but I rather have a balanced thing, (Grindy-ish and a steady flow of stuff)

17 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Jumping in here to put my two cents in.

To be completely honest, there really isn’t much to do. By that I mean, we may get an update full of content of things to explore and do which is perfectly fine by all means, but after a week or a even month of completing said all new content, there isn’t much in the game to do after that. I feel like the main core problem is that we are in a dire need of sustained content in the game to keep us (the players) happy and content so they are able to work on other things so that there isn’t a content drought.

This ^

16 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

No - and you're not getting any next month for having the impertinence to ask!

"I want" never gets, as they say.

Also, while you're at it - go to your room without any dessert! :tongue:

Soo, this means, I'm not allowed my sentient zanuka, for "dessert"

oh ok 😞 

16 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

This can't be a serious question.

It is.

16 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Yeah, a whole month. How dare they.

how you lose players this way, one month after another 

14 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

If you really feel that you have nothing to do in the game right now, then don't play for a while and play another game instead. It's that simple.

Even the devs don't expect your entire (gaming) life to revolve around Warframe. That's the benefit of a game that has no subscription fees. You can always leave and you can always come back. People do it all the time, and the game still lives.

I'm planning to play Anthem once it drops, but that doesn't mean I'm quitting Warframe. I've actually just been playing some single-player games for the last couple weeks

I have and I almost closed the clan down cuz of it, I can see your viewpoint, but when Anthem does drop, where do you think all the players will go when DE releases nothing? if the game turns out to be a really great game, then, well, we all know what happens next.

DE even made shots towards the game, shows you how much, they are worried about it (joking or not, it feels very convenient they fire shots at a game that looks promising, with constant drought in warframe, don't you think?)

13 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

I look at the main page every day expecting at least a couple weapons and cosmetic items that go with them for decent bundle.. 

I think DE is trying to hold some things back so Switch can catch up with other consoles. 

I feel you. but I doute they'll risk that as PC is their main platform ( I think?)

12 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

Next month , it's called Anthem lol.

lol

12 hours ago, Kyronz said:

Lately content has been both anemic and disappointing.    So hoping for content is not all that hopeful, since it will be late, and disapointing considering, you are asking a studio suddenly proud of pushing out mostly garbage.

Indeed

12 hours ago, trst said:

But what does the community exactly want for content to be sustainable? Because the problem is that it seems people only care about content when there are new rewards to get and proceed to abandon said content the moment they have every reward from it.

Even if it's content where the rewards require a lengthy grind or time walls to it (the entirety of Fortuna) people just complain about going through the work to get said rewards then complain again about being out of rewards when they get it all.

11 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

This community doesn't really want "content". That's too broad of a generalization, even though it's the buzzword everyone throws around. The community (excluding YouTubers, for a reason) want more items, with rewards as the main type of item. YouTubers want something new that they can show off and talk about, so they prefer new game modes that they can make videos on for months to come to keep and draw in subscribers.

IMO, Warframe needs both but also gameplay that is designed to last longer. It's not enough for DE to throw in content, especially when their content tends to be rather shallow. I think we need new game modes, new systems, new items, and also more narrative-driven content that provides greater context and meaning to gameplay. We also need some semblance of endgame-style content, namely some kind of Raids/Dungeon system to engage the hardcore player (and one not built around puzzles but difficult enemies and high-end rewards).

All that said, it isn't enough to just throw this stuff into the game, but it needs to be fully developed and DE has to continually add to it. There has to come a point where DE isn't just adding new unique systems every year for the sake of being different. Warframe doesn't need to experiment every year with something new. DE needs to have a core set of different types of content (some of which I mentioned) and they need to iterate on that year after year. My suggestion: Build content thematically around the open worlds every two years. I believe DE should focus on quality of life this year, as well as the systems they've already planned for this year. Next year, they should come out with a new narrative-driven open world (I suggest Mars). Then, they should introduce new content and rework old content within the context of that open world and its story. The following year, they should continue to build on that story and the content released, while setting things up for the next open world (including any reworks and new content). If they structure their development plan in such a way, then we could continually see content release that also fits into a larger focus, specifically expanding further into the system while developing the story of the Grineer-Corpus conflict and the Tenno (and their history). I believe that, with a more planned, structured, and disciplined development process, DE can remedy their content drought issue by giving players regular content while building on Warframe as a whole.

Both if you have good points here.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Nope, clear that DE is in their lazy "wait for tennocon" period again.

Steve said, they stopped that in he Devstream  I think he did, someone timestamps it for me)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2019-01-21 at 10:21 PM, Voltage said:

PoE was too grindy in comparison Fortuna stuff was kinda too easy to grind.

I guess I could build some more kitguns and a new Moa.

19 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I have and I almost closed the clan down cuz of it, I can see your viewpoint, but when Anthem does drop, where do you think all the players will go when DE releases nothing? if the game turns out to be a really great game, then, well, we all know what happens next.

DE even made shots towards the game, shows you how much, they are worried about it (joking or not, it feels very convenient they fire shots at a game that looks promising, with constant drought in warframe, don't you think?)

What you're missing is that DE isn't gonna be releasing "nothing"

If you really did watch the latest devstream, you would know. They have a lot of plans for 2019, even before Tennocon.
Their very first order of business was to joke that they're renaming Warframe to "Javelines"
Their way of saying "We see Anthem, we know what's up."
They're not worried. They see the competition, and are responding to it.

I think the competition of Anthem is only going to make Warframe better. DE has needed a little incentive to kick it up a notch, and now they have it.

It's also a mistake to assume you can't play both. I intend to. If I find that I really enjoy Anthem, I'm not going to stop enjoying Warframe.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-23 at 10:46 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

What you're missing is that DE isn't gonna be releasing "nothing"

If you really did watch the latest devstream, you would know. They have a lot of plans for 2019, even before Tennocon.
Their very first order of business was to joke that they're renaming Warframe to "Javelines"
Their way of saying "We see Anthem, we know what's up."
They're not worried. They see the competition, and are responding to it.

I think the competition of Anthem is only going to make Warframe better. DE has needed a little incentive to kick it up a notch, and now they have it.

It's also a mistake to assume you can't play both. I intend to. If I find that I really enjoy Anthem, I'm not going to stop enjoying Warframe.

This is a great point, thank you so much.

I've up and arms about their little "Joke" for quite some time now (Had a massive argument with clan mates, all that jazz). to tell the story in legit in one sentence its: "I feel Anthem needs to trump Warframe" given that last year was such a content drought.

I feel the same way, I won't stop playing Warframe, but the more and more we get "Hype content" and not an "a year later" type of thing is stopped, then the more and more that happens keep pushing me away from Warframe.

I mean, I have to ask you, Drake, do you truly believe, DE is capable of getting 3 Warframes (or 2?), Gas City, Fortuna Part 3 (AKA: Exploit Orb Event), The Wolf of Saturn Six & New War BEFORE Tennocon? that is legit only in 6 months? (6 months is not that long if you truly think about it).

Cuz I don't and surely not holding my breath. 

While on the topic at hand: We're drawing very close to the end of Feb, and still only Hotfixes and Augments and (another unvaulting of the same items), nothing from Roadmap or anything? 

• Like 2

On 2019-01-21 at 1:21 PM, Voltage said:

Except de hasn't made it less grindy. also with fortuna the "grind" that players complained about was time gating with rep farms to stretch the update to about a week or two. If there wasn't a rep time gate in total it would probably have taken less then five days to do all of fortuna. And we waited a year for that.

10 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Except de hasn't made it less grindy. also with fortuna the "grind" that players complained about was time gating with rep farms to stretch the update to about a week or two. If there wasn't a rep time gate in total it would probably have taken less then five days to do all of fortuna. And we waited a year for that.

They have made it less grindy. Look at the Profit-Taker and Gravimag crafting. Debt Bonds drop like candy from the Profit Taker. Vox Solaris and Pax arcanes don't have to be crafted. Fortuna as a whole is so much easier than Cetus on launch, and was made easier after release. The only grind in Fortuna that has not changed is the Ventkids.

This is a free to play game. Time gates are inevitable. I agree that the update was extremely shallow to begin with. However, players don't like when they need to take more than 5 days to get something. See: complaints on Khora farming, Focus Farming (in 2015), Vauban Prime Oxium costs, Plains of Eidolon Arcane enhancement crafting costs, Hema research, and more. It has been shown time and time again that the majority prefer "bite-size" content with little to no depth/grind as it takes too long to finish.

This is an inevitable cycle DE will face. Hopefully the "lack of challenging content" problem DE is addressing this year creates missions and objectives that give feedback to players. Mundane tasks like Fishing, Mining, and low level Corpus/Grineer/Infested enemies only go so far. The syndicate model with reputation is also a poor bandaid to this issue.

On 2019-01-21 at 5:39 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, as the title says, are we going to get anything from roadmap this month or even the next?, besides Hotfixes and band-aid Augments?

Been some time without some.

Speaking of Content, what do you guys think will come first out of the Roadmap?

content will be slower and slower these days due to the change in focus to large, slow, static maps, also they have racked up a huge lineup of features, nm the new ones, theres still railjack etc still to come which no doubt will get a quick release, little fixes/changes, lots of irrelevance folowed by abandonment for the next new feature in queue.  Its nice to have your hopes up but history/track record suggest you brace for disappointment.

13 hours ago, deothor said:

wait... what xD?

Like.. Why should we care about what you have or not to do xD?

Noone said need to care about what I wish but I have also an opinion like others. Opinions are differ. My personal opinion is I don't need any new content because I progress slowly so I won't burn out like many players here. 

Many wants more and more content and then complain when they burn out. This happens all the time I just wanted to say " my opinion " we should slow down a bit and seek around what we have now and what progression can be done. This game has a lot of content but I agree with it most of them are boring or half baked or have below zero replayability but that is just a different subject.

If the community wants something then it should ask for a content which replayable or give more variety of rewards and add some gameplay value not only pure grinding. The devs have a nice concept of game but most of the contents are half baked or altered in the wrong way and cannot fullify it's potential.

also don't use the " we " tag because you are saying it in your own name and not represent the whole community. The community is widely differ in ideas and there are peoples whom sharing my opinion or ideas other differ from it anothers again wants the opposite.

You should not downgrade it to a personal level or laugh on the others, that is rude.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Serafinia said:

also don't use the " we " tag because you are saying it in your own name and not represent the whole community.

oh no no, when I said 'we" i meant to represent everyone and everything in our part of galaxy.

Jokes aside. OP asked if we'd get more content this month. he didn't ask "Serafinia, please tell me do you need more content, I really need to know if you still have something to do in this game".

Who the heck cares, really, we don't need updates from your personal life xD

ah those prom queens.. xD