Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

match a frame with a class

maddragonmaster

was thinking of doing a little fun little thing sorry about this being in general chat but the idea of what this topic is doing is just match a frame with any class you can think of from things like mmos, pen and paper games, role playing games, and what not. 

and i'll start off with stating chroma, valkyr and a little bit of garuda matches with berserker class.

21 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Downside to matching a frame to a class is that some builds can change the class the resulting abilities would fit.

that may be true but most of the frames at least the ones i either play or know a general idea of seems to fit a pacific role. but i didn't really say it had to be one class or at least i didnt mean to. i just listed berserker for those 3 because it was the only current thing i had in my mind.

Edited by maddragonmaster
spelling error

Well, you've gone and done it. My mind instantly went to Neverwinter Nights, a game that literally changed my life - and I've repeated sworn and failed to complete over the years - so now I suppose I'll just go with the base classes for now. Let's do this.

Barbarian: Atlas, Chroma, Nidus, Rhino, Valkyr
Bard: Octavia
Cleric: Harrow, Trinity
Druid: Khora, Titania
Fighter: Excalibur, Gara, Inaros, Mesa, Volt
Monk (no armour, yet very difficult to kill): Baruuk, Wukong, Zephyr
Paladin: Nezha, Oberon
Ranger: Ivara
Rogue: Ash, Loki
Sorcerer (spammer casters): Banshee, Equinox, Ember, Mag, Mirage, Nyx, Revenant, Saryn, Vauban
Wizard ("pick your moments" casters): Frost, Garuda, Hydroid, Limbo, Nekros, Nova

Some are probably in the wrong places, but I gave, what, 15 minutes of thought into this? Whatever, it's just for fun.

Edited by KnossosTNC
Moved Chroma - just remembered he has Vex Armor
  • Like 2

Limbo, obviously, comes under god :wink:

Ok, biased jokes aside, he's probably a mage of some sort. The closest I can think of is a Final Fantasy Time mage, and whilst that isn't entirely accurate, it's close enough. He's pretty unique.

10 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, you've gone and done it. My mind instantly went to Neverwinter Nights, a game that literally changed my life - and I've repeated sworn and failed to complete over the years - so now I suppose I'll just go with the base classes for now. Let's do this.

Barbarian: Atlas, Nidus, Rhino, Valkyr
Fighter: Chroma, Excalibur, Gara, Inaros, Mesa, Volt
Sorcerer (spammer casters): Banshee, Equinox, Ember, Mag, Mirage, Nyx, Revenant, Saryn, Vauban
Wizard ("pick your moments" casters): Frost, Garuda, Hydroid, Limbo, Nekros, Nova

Some are probably in the wrong places, but I gave, what, 15 minutes of thought into this? Whatever, it's just for fun.

good point with those choices would chroma work with monk since we don't really know if chroma's  "pelt" is considered armor?

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Limbo, obviously, comes under god :wink:

Ok, biased jokes aside, he's probably a mage of some sort. The closest I can think of is a Final Fantasy Time mage, and whilst that isn't entirely accurate, it's close enough. He's pretty unique.

well i think breach has something slightly similar called veil demons though limbo works a little bit differently. but yeah agree but i think he would be a special type of mage that messes with space and some time magic. note i didn't know about time mages from final fantasy.

Edited by maddragonmaster

Just now, maddragonmaster said:

good point with those choices would chroma work with monk since we don't really know if chroma's  "pelt" is considered armor?

I moved him to Barbarian; I remembered he has Vex Armor, which is kind of a "rage" mechanic, in a way.

He still absorbs damage directly, which puts him in one of the warrior classes. NWN Monks sort of work around damage; through deflection and evasion and such.

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

I moved him to Barbarian; I remembered he has Vex Armor, which is kind of a "rage" mechanic, in a way.

He still absorbs damage directly, which puts him in one of the warrior classes. NWN Monks sort of work around damage; through deflection and evasion and such.

ah i see.

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Barbarian: Atlas, Chroma, Nidus, Rhino, Valkyr
Fighter: Excalibur, Gara, Inaros, Mesa, Volt

Ivara and Saryn would be dual classed.  Ranger/thief for Ivara and Saryn would be sorcerer/fighter.  

Now that i think on it, Ash would be fighter/thief.  Banshee as mage/thief.  Frost would be mage/fighter.  Nekros is just a straight up necromancer.  Garuda would fit more a blood mage/vampire/fighter.  

Just my two cents to this topic.  😁 

Let me try it with the classic classes:

Druid: Oberon, Nidus

Mage: Ember, Frost, Volt, Zephyr, Octavia, Limbo, Gara, Mag, Nova, Mirage, Vauban

Priest: Trinity, Harrow

Warrior: Atlas, Rhino, Valkyr, Chroma, Excalibur, Inaros, Wukong

Hunter: Ivara, Mesa, Banshee, Kohra, Titania

Rouge: Ashe, Loki

Warlock: Garuda, Equinox, Hydroid, Nyx, Revenant, Saryn

Paladin: Nezha

Shaman: -

Edited by DerGreif2

I'll go with this quote:

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Downside to matching a frame to a class is that some builds can change the class the resulting abilities would fit.

• Trinity can be considered Healer (obviously), but also is a Tank with Link and was a Nuker when she could transfer self damage.
  • Oberon as well can be considered Healer as well as Tank (at the same time, whereas Trinity has to choose) and would be more like a Paladin...but then he can be played as DPS in which his healing and tanking abilities suck...
  • Mesa is a typical DPS/Nuker...but if you cripple her damage output she can be Tank and CC

9 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I play her more rogue than Loki

9 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Sorcerer (spammer casters): Equinox

Neither her CC (Rest) and Buff (Provoke) are spammer/casters

It just doesn't work out in the slightest for Warframe imo

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I'm sure melee Trinity with double Arcane Guardian, Link-Bless build (while still having an use for EV), Adaptation and the extra damage channeling gives qualifies it more as a Paladin than anything, its armor even have the looks of a Paladin class character, maybe a vampiric dark paladin because of how WoL and EV works.

Banshee could be best described as an Assassin class character.

Harrow sacrifices shields for healing, it's a Warlock class.

Loki is Troll Magi class, can troll with switch teleport and heal you with it.

14 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Let me try it with the classic classes:

Druid: Oberon, Nidus

Mage: Ember, Frost, Volt, Zephyr, Octavia, Limbo, Gara, Mag, Nova, Mirage, Vauban

Priest: Trinity, Harrow

Warrior: Atlas, Rhino, Valkyr, Chroma, Excalibur, Inaros, Wukong

Hunter: Ivara, Mesa, Banshee, Kohra, Titania

Rouge: Ashe, Loki

Warlock: Garuda, Equinox, Hydroid, Nyx, Revenant, Saryn

Paladin: Nezha

Shaman: -

funny bit. chroma could fit in shaman class right? but he would be a little bit bad at it.