Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founding Warlord policy is utterly ludicrous

MXXVI

I recognize the problem of clan leaders leaving the game and leaving the rest of the clan stuck without a leader, however I believe 30 days is too short a time period. I know in the U.S. the standard is 2 weeks paid leave a year (ugh), however in more civilized regions (most of Europe and part of S. America), it is 3-4 weeks. Going away on Holiday for a month is fairly standard in many parts of the world, and believe it or not logging into Warframe is just not a high priority when partying in Rio. I would highly recommend doubling the time in which you consider a clan founder to be AWOL. When you consider that many spent a huge amount of time and resources getting their clan going and dojo built I don't think waiting 2 months before taking it away from them is unreasonable.

Hopefully you're a console player and you can send him a message and explain what happened.

I'm a founding Warlord of a mountain clan. It did the proper thing and made me the founder when the update hit. I would have been upset enough to quit playing had that happened to me. With my dojo and stuff complete, not to mention I have 300 players, no one would just have handed back the keys. 

I would create another support ticket in hopes of finding a DE member who will slow down enough to read the ticket accurately. Most of th time they refused to help me, they didn't read the question properly, and I have to submit multiple tickets. 

6 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Really anyone who has encountered this system before, guess I just assumed you had as well sorry. 

Just curious how specifically the selection process for swapping leadership works, whether randomly, by the runner up for most activity/highest position, and so forth. While I don't think the core system should be removed, if its runner up selection process could be improved I would be entirely behind that. 

Sadly, yeah I got caught by it too in a different game...For me it was the lottery of whomever logged in next after my timer elapsed.

...That person proceeded to dump the other guildies and that was that.

It sucked and I had to start over due to reasons outside my control.

What makes it doubly worse here is that rooms could be rushed for plat and had insane build times attached to them.

Who's to say that the Founding Warlord didn't spend money on their dojo build?

...It's just potentially so messy. 

This is why I made my own clan so I could decorate my own dojo as I pleased and refuse to invite anyone, even though I'm not inactive, but just in case.
And the solution is simple: options. Have clan settings to toggle this feature on or off so people with big/active clans don't get screwed over if their leader goes poof, so they know the clan they joined has this feature enabled and decide to stay or not. Or a rank that has the same power as the Founding Warlord gets automatically placed on X member if the main one is offline for an X period of time, without actually taking away the 'key's away from them in case they someday return.

Edited by Vanille