Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Weapon

ChaoticEdge

Just now, trst said:

The only ammo that works for the Archguns is the heavy ammo drops from the Archgun enemies that spawn during the Profit Taker fight.

now I am curious why does none the other enemies drop them if the archgun ammo is implanted 😑? yes I know the profit taker fight and so and so, but why they don't drop for other location or is it just only meant for that location specialized...*sigh*

2Yyd.gif

I don't get it why the DE had to do it only this enemy only...

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

now I am curious why does none the other enemies drop them if the archgun ammo is implanted 😑? yes I know the profit taker fight and so and so, but why they don't drop for other location or is it just only meant for that location specialized...*sigh*

I don't get it why the DE had to do it only this enemy only...

They don't want to risk them replacing standard weapons and having their ammo available in normal missions could enable that.

Just now, trst said:

They don't want to risk them replacing standard weapons and having their ammo available in normal missions could enable that.

they already did, its that warframe with the heavy weapon does the job and ppl is going use that gun alot more then you think they will.  Using shield power sources = infinite power source, its all thanks to the mods to increase the shields high enough prime vigor and that shield mod then slap on fast recharge shields mods (there is 2 I believed) then you have sential or moa to recharge your shield if it gets depleted even thou none thous 3 don't do the job, you got the gadget to recharge the shields.  Plus even thou you used the heavy weapon ammo all gone including without that frame, there is a 2 min and 30sec for I realized that...I think they already took over the primary weapons and secondary weapons including the melee weapon as well (maybe on the melee), although ppl is going use alot heavy weapon more then ever and I think maybe chance that there will be riven mod for arch guns then it be over... GG ppl welp I think I will sink down with the ship here Good bye my sweet sweet primary and secondary I'll be sinking down with you.

captain-sinking-ship.jpg?w=473&h=267

Honestly I dont see that much of a problem. Most arch guns can be used for a solid 10-15 minutes straight in group play because if ammo chain. For longer endless runs just put them away every now and then and let them recharge. Like the inperator gives you something close to 300 rounds per mag and with ammo chain you get what... 2400 spare? Fire a whole mag or two and out it away. Those 2 mags alone will last you and itll only be ~30 second cooldown or something each time.

Unless youre trying to use corvas or velocitus which are a bit too specialized for their ammo pool. 

As far as im concerned for 95% of my play i use them nonstop with no issues outside of how infuriating they are to use with harrow.

2 hours ago, Annnoth said:

Honestly I dont see that much of a problem. Most arch guns can be used for a solid 10-15 minutes straight in group play because if ammo chain. For longer endless runs just put them away every now and then and let them recharge. Like the inperator gives you something close to 300 rounds per mag and with ammo chain you get what... 2400 spare? Fire a whole mag or two and out it away. Those 2 mags alone will last you and itll only be ~30 second cooldown or something each time.

Unless youre trying to use corvas or velocitus which are a bit too specialized for their ammo pool. 

As far as im concerned for 95% of my play i use them nonstop with no issues outside of how infuriating they are to use with harrow.

you did forgot a mag mod.  Magazine Extension mod.  Bring up to 660 mag into imperial vandel, so add firing rate high to it you are burning lot faster then you think with harrow.

27 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

you did forgot a mag mod.  Magazine Extension mod.  Bring up to 660 mag into imperial vandel, so add firing rate high to it you are burning lot faster then you think with harrow.

Not really unless all you do is hold down the trigger and pay no attention to your ammo. I say this because I usually run harrow. With a fast reload even without penance why would you take up an extra slot for uneccesary magazing capacity? Ammo chain is important in letting you use the gun much longer in general to ensure some longer missions can get near full use but also increases the ammo:cooldown efficiency by making each bullet fired punish you less when you put it away, the other mod is just uneccesary and only does a fraction of what ammo chain can do. This isnt even mentioning how youre losing damage by having this ammo mod making your bullets less efficient because it takes more shots to kill.

Once you kill 3 guys and a big unit you'll realize how many shots it takes to kill enemies and just control yourself. Shoot when you know things will get hit and for as long as it takes to kill them, swiping left a right hoping for the base 25 fire rate on vandal to everything is just asking to run out of ammo. Sabot rounds helps immensely too. Less rounds spent on individial targets and more multiple kills per burst. I understand its not a common thing to actually have to do in warframe because of the abundance of ammo packs, but ammo conservation is something you need to get comfortable with for these guns.

I know its not exactly the action movie spray and pray fantasy but some missions are easily short enough for some seriously satisfying spam, even without ammo chain, but there are still plenty of moments in normal play where you have every excuse to just mow down a small hallway just cause its quicker and safer.

Edited by Annnoth

13 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Not really unless all you do is hold down the trigger and pay no attention to your ammo. I say this because I usually run harrow. With a fast reload even without penance why would you take up an extra slot for uneccesary magazing capacity? Ammo chain is important in letting you use the gun much longer in general to ensure some longer missions can get near full use but also increases the ammo:cooldown efficiency by making each bullet fired punish you less when you put it away, the other mod is just uneccesary and only does a fraction of what ammo chain can do. This isnt even mentioning how youre losing damage by having this ammo mod making your bullets less efficient because it takes more shots to kill.

Once you kill 3 guys and a big unit you'll realize how many shots it takes to kill enemies and just control yourself. Shoot when you know things will get hit and for as long as it takes to kill them, swiping left a right hoping for the base 25 fire rate on vandal to everything is just asking to run out of ammo. Sabot rounds helps immensely too. Less rounds spent on individial targets and more multiple kills per burst. I understand its not a common thing to actually have to do in warframe because of the abundance of ammo packs, but ammo conservation is something you need to get comfortable with for these guns.

I know its not exactly the action movie spray and pray fantasy but some missions are easily short enough for some seriously satisfying spam, even without ammo chain, but there are still plenty of moments in normal play where you have every excuse to just mow down a small hallway just cause its quicker and safer.

Eeeehhh hard to believed when your doing it solo to see that you can take down the big guy...Had anyone did it alone before?

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

Eeeehhh hard to believed when your doing it solo to see that you can take down the big guy...Had anyone did it alone before?

Define big guy. Orb mother? Yes. Ive done it solo. Without ammo chain. Grab chroma with whatever focus school can allow you to heal yourself 60% hp over 4 seconds as well as a companion with the life steal link mod and some damage. If they are powerful enough, and chroma has a significant effect on them if they are close to you still, 1 hit from them instantly recovers you to full and its oddly reliable. But in times when burst is too high or the ai does kinda crap out you can heal yourself and your pet.

You only use the arch gun for like 30 seconds at a time once the shields are down so the recharge alone works but once you identify who drops arch gun ammo its even easier. The fight itself isnt hard imo, its just a mess of constant argualy unavoidable damage from every single direction.

The Heavy Gun is fake damage, most riven modded weapons are far stronger. Making Orb armour weak to heavy guns only is weeding out a lot of players (including Veterans) who never gave poop about Archwings (they should focus on shields). Better not to use that stuff in Sortie, no matter how cool the guns look.

Edited by Toran

38 minutes ago, Toran said:

The Heavy Gun is fake damage, most riven modded weapons are far stronger. Making Orb armour weak to heavy guns only is weeding out a lot of players (including Veterans) who never gave poop about Archwings (they should focus in shields). Better not to use that stuff in Sortie, no matter how cool the guns look.

In real life, bigger the gun the powerful it is depending the bullet size, but yea that is true no matter how it look or how cool it is.  Ppl get so scared of black guns *cough**cough* racist*cough*.  Anyway I am aware of that new warframe most likely I can't get my thoughts about it will either sux or either it be too OP because the arch-gun exalted...

Edited by ChaoticEdge

de thought archguns are too op to let us use them freely. but since they dont know how balance works they are actually significantly weaker than any decently built weapon and only really usable as a main weapon in a single piece of content. cus players werent asking to have a proper heavy weaponry class for years and this wasnt the perfect opportunity to do so /s

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

de thought archguns are too op to let us use them freely. but since they dont know how balance works they are actually significantly weaker than any decently built weapon and only really usable as a main weapon in a single piece of content. cus players werent asking to have a proper heavy weaponry class for years and this wasnt the perfect opportunity to do so /s

Actually they arent that bad. Imperator Vandal alone blows something "decent" like a Soma Prime and similar weapons out of the water when it comes to damage. And that is even with the worse modding options available to the archwing weapons. When they get better mod options along with rivens they will be able to hold their ground versus many other guns and be a great option for certain normal fights too.

They arent OP atm but I can see the reason why DE wanted them balanced by limiting their ammo, because they are on par with several primaries already.