Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor vs Synoid Simulor

Riger82

Question

Is the base simulor stronger now? And actually useful as a status monster?

The base simulor has 5% less status, and less ammo both per magazine and overall, slightly lower fire rate, and slightly higher reload time.

On the other hand, it has more damage for both orbs merging and the aoe cloud. As well as every tick in the cloud having the chance to do a status proc. Doesn't that make the simulor WAY more powerful? With the sheer number of dots a single aoe cloud hits for, you could strip armor in 2-3 seconds, no problem.

The synoid simulor's dots have 0% chance to do status procs at 98% status. I'll throw one more forma in so I can stack the last 60/60 mod in to hit 100% and see if that matters. I'm currently crafting a simulor to test the status procs per tick. The info that it CAN do that came from the wiki.

I put in a post in the bug section about maybe the synoid version's aoe ticks were bugged, but who knows.

Edited by Riger82

9 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

The simple fact the Synoid has the innate Syndicate proc makes it better imo

The syndicate proc only goes off every two minutes or so, and only for 1k damage or so. The 25% energy is nice, but since I run arcane energize and zenurik, not even noticeable in the long run. It doesn't remotely compare to another pox, torid, or other status monster cloud weapon. You don't even have to build it for damage, and it only takes a few shots to reach the fully powered orb. And since the orb ticks for so many times per second, you can strip 100% armor very very quickly with corrosive.

The wiki even says it only takes 3 orbs for the simulor to reach the largest, while the synoid version takes 4. And at a fire rate around 3, that's only a second of firing.

Edited by Riger82

22 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

... For higher damage as well

The only thing that does higher damage for the synoid is the electric explosion. Each fused orb adds 75 explosion to the right click, so 4 is obviously more than 3.

Simulor orbs do 75 merge damage, so three orbs have two merge damages of 150 damage to get to the largest. Synoid does 50 per merge with three merge damages in four orbs being also 150 damage. So the same amount of damage, but more shots needed to reach it for the synoid.

The orb damage itself is 50 for the simulor, but only 20 for the synoid. Though the simulor can do status procs from the ticks, while the synoid CAN'T. And pretty much everyone knows that status is king.

Did you mean the simulor does the higher damage, or the synoid? Because you made a comment with nothing in it to point in either way. I've done pretty decent damage by spewing out synoid orbs and detonating them constantly, but that's about the only way even with the buffs.

Sorry if this sounds like an attack. But open ended non-directional comments bug me because they serve little purpose in a discussion.

Edited by Riger82

11 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

Simulor orbs do 75 merge damage, so three orbs have two merge damages of 150 damage to get to the largest. Synoid does 50 per merge with three merge damages in four orbs being also 150 damage. So the same amount of damage, but more shots needed to reach it for the synoid.

56 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

The base Simulor has slightly lower fire rate, and slightly higher reload time.

Synoid is like an AK while the normal variant takes a sip of tea between each shot. Only counting damage per shot doesn't do the math here.

As for the topic: Idk. I used it A LOT to open crates before the nerf; since then it's dead to me and I moved on never using it again. It may be good again but meh. Does it really matter without a Mirage?

56 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Synoid is like an AK while the normal variant takes a sip of tea between each shot. Only counting damage per shot doesn't do the math here.

As for the topic: Idk. I used it A LOT to open crates before the nerf; since then it's dead to me and I moved on never using it again. It may be good again but meh. Does it really matter without a Mirage?

I was using the synoid in Hydron with an unleveled trinity and it was doing quite well when I kept placing the orbs in the four main routes the enemies take. I was killing most of them myself. So on choke points, thechanges are wonderful if you ignore the status issues.

Also, a fire rate of 3 vs a fire rate of 3.33 doesn't seem like a big enough gap to 'take a sip of tea'. I do quite like the full auto change to the firing of the synoid, though. The simulor still has 6 hours on it before I can use it.

25 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Judging by your replies to people, it seems your mind is already made up on using the base version, so I don't really see the point of this thread tbh.

Isn't it the point of a post to make replies? The syndicate proc is meh when you have far more useful ways of gaining energy. And even on Hydron the 30-40 mobs only take 800-900 damage on said magnetic proc, so it's only one orb explosion of damage at best. And a generic "For higher damage" without actually saying which weapon they're commenting on is pointless. The whole data dump was something I meant to edit into the original post, but after seeing the silly comment I just added it into the reply instead.

And saying I made my mind up is only partially true. I've said multiple times I'm crafting the simulor and I'm using the wiki info numbers to compare, and that comparison shows quite blatantly that the synoid loses so far. Unless I'm missing something. Maybe the much more powerful, status proccing simulor orbs affect a smaller area? I'll find out soonish. I have enough plat to rush it, but I don't want to rush something I may be tossing after leveling it a couple times for testing.

Okay, had some RL things take up my day.

I finished crafting the simulor, and took it out for a spin...pun intended.

Using the exact same mods, serration and the four 60/60 mods to hit 100% status, I've found the wiki to be full of crap. The orb does not proc status ever, just like the synoid. Or at least neither show it visually, which all my other weapons do. On the other hand, it does more damage in just about every way. The simulor kills much faster than the synoid, shot per shot. The catch is that is has half the magazine and 1 more second of reload. So overall, the synoid should be able to put out more damage over time. But only by a bit, considering it does 2/5 the damage.

I tested both on Hydron, due to never bothering to get the simulacrum key. I'm mr 26, so I should have it once my simaris caps after the next reset. Then I can test it on opponents that don't die in just a few seconds of the orb ticks, and they should live long enough so I can see if their armor strips.