Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you had a Nyx in public run what would you prefer?

Raskol

Having some fun with her after the rework and started to wonder how to minmax every aspect of her skill set, including being "team friendly"

So my question is would you like for a random Nyx to cast her Chaos or not? If so, what color of her energy (so the Nyx holograms on enemies) would you consider the best?

Also mind control... yay or ney? AI is kinda dumb and ppl tend to shoot is thinking its regural enemy

As far she doesn't die every 30s, i don't mind. Just play whatever you like it.

If you just want build sujestions, I always laugh when i see a hamster ball build. Seems funny. For chaos just use a color that don't blind so much, such us black. 

Also, for mind control you need an energy color like green, red or pink to see which enemies are minions. I only control minions like healers or eximus for the AoE buff, or bursas (it works vs razorback 😄 )

PS. I don't know if it is fixed, but some time ago, mind controled minions counted for the defense rounds and was pretty anoying wait till the ability's end.

Just mark the mind control target if you feel people are mixing it up. And depending on the mission objective you can decide whether or not Chaos is the right call, generally speaking though if the objective is killing enemies don't, and if killing enemies is unrelated and you are just trying to keep enemies out of the way do. No idea on colors. 

3 minutes ago, Dragoncroac said:

PS. I don't know if it is fixed, but some time ago, mind controled minions counted for the defense rounds and was pretty anoying wait till the ability's end.

Recasting 1 breaks the mind control, resulting in (very often) the death of the mind controlled target

I'd prefer the Nyx player to play some other frame. 

Loki does what Nyx #3 does but better. He can also decide to not bring confusion to the table by simply not equipping irradiating disarm, while still bringing the regular disarm, speeding up the fights and making them less dangerous.

Mag, Oberon, Ash, Rev and Saryn all strip armor and Gas weapons ignore shields, this turns #2 into a waste.

Frost and Limbo can protect the objective just as well or better than a static Nyx sitting ontop of it or augmentedly walking around it. Rev, Wukong and Valkyr can be immune, Baruuk nearly can aswell, so as a defensive skill her #4 is also a complete waste in its current state.

Rev can MC if needed, it isnt like Nyx #1 does any remarkable damage.

Nyx kit is bloated at best while doing really nothing useful for the team.

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd prefer the Nyx player to play some other frame. 

Loki does what Nyx #3 does but better. He can also decide to not bring confusion to the table by simply not equipping irradiating disarm, while still bringing the regular disarm, speeding up the fights and making them less dangerous.

Mag, Oberon, Ash, Rev and Saryn all strip armor and Gas weapons ignore shields, this turns #2 into a waste.

Frost and Limbo can protect the objective just as well or better than a static Nyx sitting ontop of it or augmentedly walking around it. Rev, Wukong and Valkyr can be immune, Baruuk nearly can aswell, so as a defensive skill her #4 is also a complete waste in its current state.

Rev can MC if needed, it isnt like Nyx #1 does any remarkable damage.

^DE please read. 👍🏻

The only thing I'd "Want" from a pubbie Nyx is predictable. No Dark/Practically invis energy color. It helps me help you if I can see what your skills are doing. Honestly though, the same thing can be said for any frame big on CC or buff or debuffs. It just helps if I can spot who you've affected.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

This isn't completely true. Loki can use irradiating disarm but the confusion is actually shorter than chaos. When Nyx uses Chaos on enemies they become unable to operate interactables like Intercept points. Her Chaos is actually better lockdown for that reason.

On top of that, Disarm has a base range of 20m and Chaos has a base range of 25m at max level. This means Nyx will snag foes from further away and for less energy.

Edit: Since I checked this out for another thread to, posting it here.

Confusion Duration:

Loki - 9 seconds base. Effected by Ability Duration.

Nyx - 25 seconds base. Effected by Ability Duration.

Range:

Loki - 20m base.

Nyx - 25m base.

Edited by Blatantfool

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Recasting 1 breaks the mind control, resulting in (very often) the death of the mind controlled target

If your new friend's services are no longer required (or you see a better potential friend...), just hit '1' and MC will drop and things progress from there. 

I like Nyx a great deal, but she's not in a good place. The rework hasn't really changed anything except to confuse her build strategy. I'd prefer she still be a max range, low duration Chaos spammer. MC is clunky and simply wastes time better spent shooting something. PB is good and should be used for defense negation, but the hold function is more clunk we don't need. Chaos is still Chaos and Nyx' best thing. Absorb still isn't worth fiddling with past retreating into your bubble to avoid damage (durations are too short on damage loading).

I do not understand why DE fears buffing Nyx to actual greatness. It makes no sense when you have Saryns, Mesas, and Octavias running around. No sense at all. Crowd control isn't nearly as relevant as it was a few years ago and it's what Nyx primarily does. She needs more easily used damage, or buffing power--not more fiddly clunk /coughPB/cough. 

Lastly, I don't want to hear about Loki. This isn't about him. I don't care about him, never did care about him, and will never care about him. He's not a substitute for anything. This is about getting Nyx up to speed in 2019.  

2 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

This isn't completely true. Loki can use irradiating disarm but the confusion is actually shorter than chaos. When Nyx uses Chaos on enemies they become unable to operate interactables like Intercept points. Her Chaos is actually better lockdown for that reason.

On top of that, Disarm has a base range of 20m and Chaos has a base range of 25m at max level. This means Nyx will snag foes from further away and for less energy.

Edit: Since I checked this out for another thread to, posting it here.

Confusion Duration:

Loki - 9 seconds base. Effected by Ability Duration.

Nyx - 25 seconds base. Effected by Ability Duration.

Range:

Loki - 20m base.

Nyx - 25m base.

It still doesnt make Chaos less of a bad ability. I rather have a map disarmed and coming at me so I can kill them for affinity and loot without having to move from the intercept objective. Irradiating Disarm is an overrated augment to begin with, Disarm doesnt need it to be one of the best CCs in game already. Melee mobs are as harmless as they can get, so stripping the mobs of their weapons and having them come for you is far more effective than confusing the map and having them shoot eachother somewhere far off. Loki also has the option to decide exactly where he wants the disarmed mobs to gather up by popping a simple little clone in their way.

Nyx is just a pointless frame, even after her rework because DE barely did anything to her.

6 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

So my question is would you like for a random Nyx to cast her Chaos or not? If so, what color of her energy (so the Nyx holograms on enemies) would you consider the best?

Nyx's job is to keep the enemy from shooting any Tenno. There is basically no downside to her casting Chaos, even if you are a Maimquinox munchkin who thinks that a hard CC frame is bottom tier.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I don't think you down what "bloated" means in game design. Nyx has the least bloated kit in the game behind maybe Frost. What you're trying to say is that Nyx's existence is itself roster bloat

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I don't think you down what "bloated" means in game design. Nyx has the least bloated kit in the game behind maybe Frost. What you're trying to say is that Nyx's existence is itself roster bloat

Nyx kit is bloated because everything she does can be better done by several other frames without requiring 4 wasted skill slots to do it. Just look at it as if every frame was a skill tree path, a talent or a perk. Nyx just has a bunch of skills that other frames have aswell without them having to give up anything useful. She just doesnt have a single unique thing that is worth using over another frame.

But yes I guess it can be seen as roster bloat aswell.

47 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nyx kit is bloated because everything she does can be better done by several other frames without requiring 4 wasted skill slots to do it. Just look at it as if every frame was a skill tree path, a talent or a perk. Nyx just has a bunch of skills that other frames have aswell without them having to give up anything useful. She just doesnt have a single unique thing that is worth using over another frame.

But yes I guess it can be seen as roster bloat aswell.

I've heard the "just a box of scraps ripped off better characters" complaint before, but this is the first time I've ever heard anyone argue it about the very first character in the game

58 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Melee mobs are as harmless as they can get

U ever played at lvl idk 70+? Melee mobs are the most dangerous enemies, thats why i abbandoned the idea of using disarm loki for kuva surv - after 30 min they can wreck the harvester before anyone notice. Also squishy frames get 1hit easily.

Overall i agree that chaos is a very very VERY soft form of CC cause enemies are still most likely gonna target you/teammates and should get some buff but i wouldnt say that disarm (alone) is much better

Just now, Raskolnikow said:

Overall i agree that chaos is a very very VERY soft form of CC cause enemies are still most likely gonna target you/teammates and should get some buff but i wouldnt say that disarm (alone) is much better

I have never had that problem. Chaos'd enemies are hardcoded to consider each other a bigger threat than players if distance is equal, and enemies tend to stand closer to each other than players, so... not sure what you're doing wrong

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

being "team friendly"

Well, when playing Nyx, I don't usually cast Chaos if my teammates are destroying enemies just fine. I cast it when the odds were against us, Tenno, when a defence objective starts to take damage, or someone needs revival.

I rarely use Mind Control, usually when other players are not nearby, and dispel it when no enemies are left (like the end of a defence wave). As for thinking it's a regular enemy... I sometimes got the same reaction to mooks spawned by Nekros. Or friendly MOAs. Or pets. Honestly, it's up to the player to learn to distinguish such things. 🙂

Using white energy color. At least I think it looks pretty distinctive for marking affected enemies.

8 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

Having some fun with her after the rework and started to wonder how to minmax every aspect of her skill set, including being "team friendly"

Also mind control... yay or ney? AI is kinda dumb and ppl tend to shoot is thinking its regural enemy

Don't use Chaos when you're at the end of a wave in a Defence mission (or mod it for lower range; just don't make it necessary to go search for enemies), and release your MC target when it's the last enemy.

Don't use the brightest energy colour (Chaos), but not the darkest either (MC). If you're using Chaos Sphere, take something a bit more muted, the circle can be distracting. Also, I like to jump up and cast it in the air so it doesn't obstruct the view on the ground.

You can mark your MC target as ally if they don't get that it's yours. If you like, you can also mark it to remind you when MC runs out, it'll turn red again. Use MC on Heavy Gunners and Techs, they're at least trying to shoot stuff. But I still think it's better on Eximi for the auras, or on Ancient Healers to get the damage reduction buff/deny it them.

Other than that, go ham.

Chaos Nyx should be played just like Slova.  It's helpful to slow or Chaos enemies when you don't have to kill them all (Interception or Mobile Defense for instance), it's aggravating when you do need to kill and have to fan out and hunt enemies down.  (Defense or Excavation).  

The energy color I use is the green that came default with original Nyx.  It's easy to see who is chaosed/mind controlled without being obnoxious.  This is from a guy who normally uses hot pink on every frame.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

Mind Control control any Grineer Heavy, Tech Crewmen, or Ancient Healers. Make sure you have a weapon that can ramp up the Mind Controlled target's damage and takes advantage of your ability to strip armor. Chaos everything else. Never bring Corrosive Projection. Mute trashbabies that whine about you using your powers. Mute, screenshot, and report the ones that toss out slurs in the chat to Support.

Pretty much the same as playing any warframe, really.

• Like 1