Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player questions

(XBOX)Jepetto82

Question

I have read a few different new player guides and I haven’t been able to answer this question(or maybe I missed it). 

I maxed out a warframe(mag), maxes out a primary(bow and rifle), secondary, sword and sentinel. Working on the Archwing and have gotten alittle but into the foundary crafting components and weapons. But I’m running out of open spots for weapons.  I did use the 50 plat to buy weapon and warframe slots but my big question is. 

Do I need to keep switching out maxed out weapons and Warframes and level up new ones? I know most guides say to try out as many combinations and to experiment to see what you like. My problem is that right now I’m a week into the game, I’m not entirely sure how much I want to put into the game(money wise) and if I do put money into the game I was hoping to wait for a discount coupon. So if I decide to just keep my mag with the few things I maxed out and horde resources am I gimping my progression. 

I will admit right now Mag is doing it for me. I know I play her pretty noobishly. I just use pull as an “oh S#&$” button and crush when the challenge calls for it but I will admit I’m still feeling her out as far as maxing her potential. 

Thanks for listening to my early morning, still drinking coffee and trying to wake up rant and any insight I could get would be helpful

8 answers to this question

Leveling up gear is how you increase your mastery rank so yeah, you should definitely max everything you get. Never sell anything before it's level 30.

Unlike many people claim, Mag is actually a good frame. She does need some advanced modding to reach her full potential, though.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Jepetto82 said:

I have read a few different new player guides and I haven’t been able to answer this question(or maybe I missed it). 

I maxed out a warframe(mag), maxes out a primary(bow and rifle), secondary, sword and sentinel. Working on the Archwing and have gotten alittle but into the foundary crafting components and weapons. But I’m running out of open spots for weapons.  I did use the 50 plat to buy weapon and warframe slots but my big question is. 

Do I need to keep switching out maxed out weapons and Warframes and level up new ones? I know most guides say to try out as many combinations and to experiment to see what you like. My problem is that right now I’m a week into the game, I’m not entirely sure how much I want to put into the game(money wise) and if I do put money into the game I was hoping to wait for a discount coupon. So if I decide to just keep my mag with the few things I maxed out and horde resources am I gimping my progression. 

I will admit right now Mag is doing it for me. I know I play her pretty noobishly. I just use pull as an “oh S#&$” button and crush when the challenge calls for it but I will admit I’m still feeling her out as far as maxing her potential. 

Thanks for listening to my early morning, still drinking coffee and trying to wake up rant and any insight I could get would be helpful

You need to keep mastering gear to increase your mastery rank as a lot of frames/weapons are locked behind specific ranks. This doesn't really become an issue until you are well into the game though.

I would keep the frames and purchase slots as needed. If you don't know this you don't actually have to spend any money to buy slots though as you can trade items with other players for plat. When you start opening relics you can sell the prime items you don't want and many mods will sell as well. When Baro appears every 2 weeks a lot of players will want "prime junk" (prime stuff they don't need) so they can sell them for Ducats which they then spend with Baro. Head on over to https://warframe.market  to see what sort of stuff sells and for how much.

Edited by Shalath

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Jepetto82 said:

I have read a few different new player guides

These were kinda bad then I guess?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Jepetto82 said:

Do I need to keep switching out maxed out weapons and Warframes and level up new ones

Yes and No.

As for your starting gear, it's MK1. There are normal version availavle pretty cheap (almost no requirements or credits only). So yeah, you can safely switch to those weapons. A general rule is: if there is a better weapon variant in the game and you can get your hands on, sell the worse one. You can always buy them again if you have enough slots later in the game.

Like Pr1A already said, leveling new stuff increases your overall MR which gives you a wider variety of frames and weapons (minimum MR is 5 for you to complete the Story/Star Chart)

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Jepetto82 said:

I’m not entirely sure how much I want to put into the game

You don't need to. You can always sell ingame stuff to other players

A lvl 30 (maxed lvl) weapon gives 3000 Mastery exp. Lvl 30 warframe/sentinel/pet gives 6000.

Each of the above only gives MR exp for maximizing to lvl 30 for ONCE. In the future you will know about a common thing called Forma (u can read it on wikia now if u want), you can't use it to spam MR exp for a same weapon/warframe/blah blah.

So try to craft and level up all stuffs. Try to get all necessary mods. You can ask people what mods are fundamental and essential to make a weapon or warframe strong. Also, take some studies on the property of each stats of everything, understanding them helps you a lot !

You can get Mag easily later on if you want so yeah, get another frame like Rhino and sell her. Same for weapons since pretty much everything is viable in the first few planets, just build as many as you can and sell them after they're maxed unless you really like it. As for plat get yourself some Dragon keys from a dojo and look for vault runs in recruitment chat, good mods you find there are worth 20p

The guides I read weren’t bad, they did explain a lot. But most guides didn’t touch on the MR except to point out that it locked certain things behind it.  And truth be told if you are going to grab everything you can then mentioning the maxing gear raises Mr isn’t as important bc it would happen on its own. 

I do thank you all for your replies. I didn’t realize that you could get plat in game and I think I will start getting rid of some of my maxed out gear and play around. I was just afraid once I did it I’d have sellers remorse. 

Thanks guys. 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Jepetto82 said:

yield the same

Look at said relics. They have a fixed drop table. You have a chance for each of it with different chances. check wiki or https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html for exact loot and chances.

running in public lets you choose one of your random rewards OR one of the random rewards by other players. You also do not have to use the same relics as others. 

Other way round, if you want some rare drop (2% for intact) you refine it to radiant and look for Rad share groups where VEREYONE uses a rad relic of the said one (4x 10% chance)