Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Slots

Desard

Why is it that everyone on these forums that ask for free weapon/warframe slots seem so entitled?

It cant all be teenagers creating these threads.

Ill try and explain this as simply as i can for people that struggle to comprehend english or are just stupid.

If you like the game enough to want more than 2/6 slots then PAY SOME MONEY, for the price of a boxed game (£30/$60 or whatever it is) you can buy all the slots you would ever need and then some.

The developers really are better than any other i have come across when it comes to free to play titles.

Constant updates.

Community collaboration.

Excellent communication.

Free content.

Regular updates.

Listening to there player base.

Any one of these things on there own is awesome but to find them all in one development team is more than rare and DE should be applauded for it.

If you like the game support it, if you don't go whine on another games forums.

I love the game more than any other hence the Grand master but i am no fan-boi or idiot and if DE were doing a S#&$ job i would say, but as things are they are handling things brilliantly and Warframe is defiantly worth some of your money.

To all those that say "i have no money for Warframe" then tough S#&$ on you inst it get a job or sell some crap on Ebay you would be amazed what crap people will buy, there is not a single excuse on this planet for not being able to pay for platinum other than being in a third would country and then you wouldn't need to because you wouldn't be playing Warframe.

Also there have been more than enough deals on cheap platinum and free give away's.

Rant over.

1. constant updates? The game would be DEAD without constant updates. Saying that the devs give us constant updates as an excuse for anything in a F2P game is silly.

2.Community collaboration? On what?

3. "Excellent communication" ehh... Not really imo. It's gotten better true.

4. Free content/regular updates. See #1.

5. Listening to a player base is vital for any new F2P game really.

As for free slots, eh, there should be someway to earn them, i.e. mastery rank.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

1. constant updates? The game would be DEAD without constant updates. Saying that the devs give us constant updates as an excuse for anything in a F2P game is silly.

2.Community collaboration? On what?

3. "Excellent communication" ehh... Not really imo. It's gotten better true.

4. Free content/regular updates. See #1.

5. Listening to a player base is vital for any new F2P game really.

Exactly what im talking about "entitled", why do you think you have the right to anything for free? please explain to me?

People ask for free slots but how do you know they haven't really spent any money in WF? Not everyone's pockets may be as deep as yours.

Exactly. If there was no Acrid I'd see no reason to even make it to Mastery Rank 7.

People ask for free slots but how do you know they haven't really spent any money in WF? Not everyone's pockets may be as deep as yours.

Exactly. If there was no Acrid I'd see no reason to even make it to Mastery Rank 7.

so im guessing you didnt read the post then?

Exactly what im talking about "entitled", why do you think you have the right to anything for free? please explain to me?

"Entitled"? To what? Free slots? I've only said what the devs have said (that mastery rank should be used for something more than locking weapons away.  feel free slots (i.e. mr 1 gives another weapon slot, mr 2 gives another weapon slot, mr 3 gives a frame slot, and the pattern repeats))

Free content/regular updates/constant updates? Bud, in case you didn't notice, it's a free to play game. You know that means right? That if the devs abandon it and stop updating it, it dies.

Free content/regular updates/constant updates? Bud, in case you didn't notice, it's a free to play game. You know that means right? That if the devs abandon it and stop updating it, it dies.

He's not played many MMOs/Free to Plays if he thinks these basics are new or special.

I thought you just tried to counter this idea on a different thread?

Anyway 1 slot per 4 mastery ranks isn't a bad idea.  If i'm not mistaken if you fill the first 2/8 slots you will reach mastery4 then will need to either sell weapons/frames or buy more to reach mastery 8.  3 free slots by rank 12 would be kinda nice regardless if you are a grandmaster founder or 100% F2P.  Besides to get to mastery 12 for a 100% free player is quite a bit of selling weapons/frames.

Now speaking of entitlement, whining about deserving anything is pretty childish but also incredibly common on game forums even coming from people claiming to be adults.

But at the same time.  The game is marketed as free two play.  If you want to pull that the devs don't owe anything to those who simply whine and moan on the forums (I agree they don't) BUT it is their business model.  I as a player don't owe them anything either.

"Entitled"? To what? Free slots? I've only said what the devs have said (that mastery rank should be used for something more than locking weapons away.  feel free slots (i.e. mr 1 gives another weapon slot, mr 2 gives another weapon slot, mr 3 gives a frame slot, and the pattern repeats))

Doesn't exactly die. It loses a bit of its playerbase, yes, but doesn't outright lose everything. Those that enjoy the game would gladly stay around for quite a while.

Please feel free to show me what other free to play title has had 10 free major updates in less than a year and puts patches out on a daily basis, sometimes more than 1 a day.

Would you go to an all you can eat restaurant and demand more topping on your pizza just because you think you should have it?

There is a huge difference between doing what is needed to keep the game going and doing the best you can for your player base by going above and beyond what is necessary.

The people who are content and understand things usually spend their time enjoying the product, while the people who are, less so, come here to gripe.

there is nothing wrong with griping, but as you said, DE are good people, if only more people who appreciated them would just say so.

I thought you just tried to counter this idea on a different thread?

No...? Where did you get that idea?

Anyway 1 slot per 4 mastery ranks isn't a bad idea.  If i'm not mistaken if you fill the first 2/8 slots you will reach mastery4 then will need to either sell weapons/frames or buy more to reach mastery 8.  3 free slots by rank 12 would be kinda nice regardless if you are a grandmaster founder or 100% F2P.  Besides to get to mastery 12 for a 100% free player is quite a bit of selling weapons/frames.

But see, what slots are they? 3 weapon slots? Almost negligible. Frame slots slightly more useful.

Now speaking of entitlement, whining about deserving anything is pretty childish but also incredibly common on game forums even coming from people claiming to be adults.

Eh, depends.

But at the same time.  The game is marketed as free two play.  If you want to pull that the devs don't owe anything to those who simply whine and moan on the forums (I agree they don't) BUT it is their business model.  I as a player don't owe them anything either.

Please feel free to show me what other free to play title has had 10 free major updates in less than a year and puts patches out on a daily basis, sometimes more than 1 a day.

Would you go to an all you can eat restaurant and demand more topping on your pizza just because you think you should have it?

There is a huge difference between doing what is needed to keep the game going and doing the best you can for your player base by going above and beyond what is necessary.

TF2/DOTA2/LoL

Also what's your buffet metaphor supposed to be about? And yeah, if they had more toppings I wanted, I'd say "Hey, can I please get more of X or Y topping? K thnx."

Offering small bonuses as a player plays is great. Rewarding players for putting time into a game (i.e. mastery rank) is great imo. Not sure why someone would be against it.

DE is kind to their playerbase, which is a good thing to see.

They also have no publisher.

This is also a brand new market for them to work in.

The ideal balance for micro-transactions is Cosmetics and Convenience. Unfortunately, not many games have been successful in this... or even try.

DE has a lot of stupidly priced items, but nearly everything can be obtained for "free", some more annoyingly so... The slots, however, can only be bought. Inventory, such a basic necessity, which usually has free variants in other games, can only be purchased here. This is a special case, on shaky ground. It's very easy to see the current system as a straight cash grab.

This game revolves around farming, collecting weapons and Warframes. The Ranking system revolves around those weapons and Warframes. You level them up by using them and increase your Mastery rank by using them.

But what if you want more weapons or Warframes? Or what if you want to increase your Mastery rank so you can use a certain weapon? If you have no slots available... your only options are to spend money or delete your Warframes or weapons, which includes time, credits and any possible Platinum you spent.

That's bad design. It is more Necessity than Convenience. It is not balance. It is greedy.

I will say again, if you think free or regular updates and patches are something unique, then you are new to this market as well. Free and regular updates are a staple of the MMO/F2P market.

Also, aren't cosmetics the only thing you can buy in League of Legends?

Edited by FatalX7

1. constant updates? The game would be DEAD without constant updates. Saying that the devs give us constant updates as an excuse for anything in a F2P game is silly. <-- extremely true and there for mostly can't be used for an argument against free things

2.Community collaboration? On what? <--iffy, as it seems like people have to fight with the devs if the devs make a bad decision

3. "Excellent communication" ehh... Not really imo. It's gotten better true. <-- iffy, but in some bad cases it seems to be great, mostly for big bugs that cause complete unplability

4. Free content/regular updates. See #1. <-- exactly

5. Listening to a player base is vital for any new F2P game really.  <--yes

As for free slots, eh, there should be someway to earn them, i.e. mastery rank. <--  everything should have a form of obtainment in the game even if it's a limited amount.  like a slot crafting blueprint for godsake

as for what I have to say, if it's free through earning I think it's fully worth asking and wanting.  but more free slots flat out? nah, I wouldn't be for this  if others have been clamoring for it.
Edited by WARGAMES