Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

DE have stated multiple times that they have no intention of putting in an auction house. Though something that makes trading stuff more of a hassle, in general I think it's the right choice. Considering how much drama surrounds those damnable things in damn near every game it has been in. 

3 minutes ago, Lakais said:

DE have stated multiple times that they have no intention of putting in an auction house. Though something that makes trading stuff more of a hassle, in general I think it's the right choice. Considering how much drama surrounds those damnable things in damn near every game it has been in. 

DE can make much more money selling this consignment trade...example..free consignement 3 days and payed consignment trade 7 days for 40 plat...just an idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

plat prices are already out of control an Ah would just compound it 10-20 times

It would lower prices. 

Im happy with the way it is now. When I need plat I go to trade wait for one of the few WTB and see if I have it. At this point I probably do. Then check the price they want it for and sell if it’s = or over the going price.

I think WTS is a big waste of time but to each his own.

Warframe.market is a great site for trading and looking at selling prices but the thing is, it's a website so people don't get notification when someone have wrote to them onless you have the actually website open. I have wrote to countless people online and offline in warframe.market but you don't get answers back quickly, first after a couple of days because they simply doesn't get notification to remind them. And my self i don't check warframe.market messages every single day just to look at who have wrote/replied.

My suggestion would be to integrate warframe.market into the warframe app. This will first of all simplify the user experience into 1 tool instead of 2. Second it will be much easier for players to communicate with each other when selling/buying because you get notifications on the phone and can reply back quickly.

35 minutes ago, Phoenixian_Ultimatum said:

The big problem with this is that warframe.market is a 3rd party website and not something that DE hosts (or have any part in the creation/ownership of).

The broader question is WHY is the Market a third-party website and not an intrinsic part of the game, controlled by the developer? Why wasn't this functionality in the game from the moment they decided to implement player trading of Platinum? Even if it's literally just a bulletin board of bids and lists (which is what Warframe Market is anyway), that would be good enough. To this day, it still astounds me that the only "official" way to trade with strangers is the Lineage 2 system of going to a public place and setting up a stall.

• Like 2

If anything  should be integrated into the game it is wikia site because game fails to deliver crucial info and guides that it really should give us. But like with every other 3rd party web site its not gonna happen.

DE doesn't want to be responsible for trades between players for millions of reasons so implementation of warframe.market or anything  that has to do with trade is actually a very stupid idea.

But yet again what should be the point of implementing it in app? You have bookmarks in your browser for easy access you know and you can't  be logged in into the game and app at same time also so...

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

The broader question is WHY is the Market a third-party website and not an intrinsic part of the game, controlled by the developer? Why wasn't this functionality in the game from the moment they decided to implement player trading of Platinum?

Platinum should be earned by purchasing it from the website or dedicating time to trading. It is not in DE's interest to allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions. I am against the idea of Warframe.market integrated into the game because it further dumbs down the system. If you want Platinum, put in the time or money. If not, tough luck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Platinum should be earned by purchasing it from the website or dedicating time to trading. It is not in DE's interest to allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions. I am against the idea of Warframe.market integrated into the game because it further dumbs down the system. If you want Platinum, put in the time or money. If not, tough luck.

So because it's not in DE's interest to allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions, they allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions and using a third-party website. Got it!

I love that you immediately jump to the obvious conclusion that I'm looking to score Platinum on the cheap. I'm looking to SPEND Platinum from the like 10 75% discounts the game's given me, and the its existing trading system is stupidly inefficient at doing this. I mean, I COULD spend hours hopping from instance to instance of Maroo's Bazaar or spamming Trade chat... Or I could go to a site where sellers have registered their goods, pick one and direct-message the seller. You can argue up and down how it's "too easy" or what have you, but none of it changes the simple fact this service already exists, just outside the developer's control.

There's no benefit to ignoring demand and pushing people into a secondary market that you have no means of regulating or policing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

So because it's not in DE's interest to allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions, they allow everyone to make quick Platinum while playing missions and using a third-party website. Got it!

I love that you immediately jump to the obvious conclusion that I'm looking to score Platinum on the cheap. I'm looking to SPEND Platinum from the like 10 75% discounts the game's given me, and the its existing trading system is stupidly inefficient at doing this. I mean, I COULD spend hours hopping from instance to instance of Maroo's Bazaar or spamming Trade chat... Or I could go to a site where sellers have registered their goods, pick one and direct-message the seller. You can argue up and down how it's "too easy" or what have you, but none of it changes the simple fact this service already exists, just outside the developer's control.

There's no benefit to ignoring demand and pushing people into a secondary market that you have no means of regulating or policing.

They don't "allow" people to use a third party website, they simply can't do anything about it.

DE don't want automated or offline trading, they want it to be interactive where players have to actually log into the game to trade. If trade tools allow you to perform at least part of the function from outside the game then those players aren't logging in and concurrent players is a number they get to boast about so they want it as high as possible. This is also why the app doesn't count towards your login rewards as the app doesn't count as a game login.

We can argue and complain about not having auction houses and trade tools other than chat but DE have stated on multiple occasions that isn't what they want.

2 hours ago, Shalath said:

DE don't want automated or offline trading, they want it to be interactive where players have to actually log into the game to trade.

"Offline trading" is a statement that has no business being brought up in these discussions unless directly invoked, which I don't see happening here. The OP didn't ask for it, I didn't ask for it, warframe.market doesn't offer it, it's not in the post you quoted. For some reason, this keeps being brought up every time trading in Warframe is discussed and I've yet to see a single person explicitly ask for the ability to trade while they or the other party are offline, or for a consignment system. The most I've seen is people asking for an "auction house" without specifying what they actually envision behind that term.

Warframe.market currently satisfies your single criterion for what constitutes the kind of trade we assume DE to want as it's still bound by the rules of the basic trading system: Trades can only be accomplished between two online players either through the Trading Post in a Clan's Dojo or through some mechanic in Maroo's Bazaar that I don't know because I've never used it. Literally what's being asked here (as in, that's the plain text of the OP) is integrating the warframe.market functionality into the mobile app and (presumably, by inference) into the game itself. That's not "offline trading," that's an automated bulletin board within the game's client.

Edited by Steel_Rook
Tried to tone down my rhetoric slightly.
  • Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

I disagree, as you already put your time collecting the items to sell them. On the trade chat you have players who try to scam other players like 100p for a braton prime. Even tho you have on a website always the actual value to be seen. Warframe is a game of a fluent gameplay, then I think the game system should be fluent as well. Spamming the trade or recruit chat is not part of it, it stops you from playing. Period.

In the other hand, a 3rd party website is already available, why spending ressources on an own system would the dev team think?

Edited by Mest_Gryder

10 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

The broader question is WHY is the Market a third-party website and not an intrinsic part of the game, controlled by the developer? Why wasn't this functionality in the game from the moment they decided to implement player trading of Platinum? Even if it's literally just a bulletin board of bids and lists (which is what Warframe Market is anyway), that would be good enough. To this day, it still astounds me that the only "official" way to trade with strangers is the Lineage 2 system of going to a public place and setting up a stall.

It makes trading easier. The existing trading is a compromise already, I don't see it being made any easier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

It makes trading easier. The existing trading is a compromise already, I don't see it being made any easier.

Putting Warframe.market wouldn't make trading any easier, so much as put it under DE's control. The only difficulty inherent in working with that site is sometimes the game will crash if you Atl-Tab at the wrong time, but that can be circumvented for the most part by using the Steam Overlay browser, terrible as it may be. As far as I'm concerned, arguing that Warframe.market being a third-party site itself is some kind of limiter is disingenuous at best. Money and inventory are the limiters, not a basic convenience connecting seller with buyer. I genuinely cannot fathom how anyone can defend the game's apparently "intended" trading system of idling in Maroo's Bazaar like we're travelled back in time by 15 years of MMO design.

This argument just confuses me entirely. Warframe.market exists and hasn't managed to do any harm to the game's economy. There's no harm in ignoring it and leaving it as it is, obviously, from a "bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist" perspective. But I don't see this purported harm that making it official would cause, given that it would have happened by now if it was going to happen. How are we ascribing downsides to a thing which already exists and demonstrably?

2 hours ago, Mest_Gryder said:

In the other hand, a 3rd party website is already available, why spending ressources on an own system would the dev team think? 

Honestly, that's a fair point and one I'm surprised doesn't come up more often. From my perspective, there exist two reasons to spend resources on replicating Warframe.market. One is - as I mentioned - the ability for DE to control the service: deal with scammers and abusers and general A******s and the like, when they crop up. The other is the ability to access the site in-game, through a theme-appropriate means and without having to Atl-Tab the game, potentially with bonus features such as comparing items with my own inventory to ensure I don't accidentally buy something I already own or list something I don't. I'm a dumbass when it comes to money, so safety checks are always welcome.

But yes, Warframe.market already exists and if that's the the only status quo we ever have, then I'm fine with it. I'm just surprised at the pushback this seems to receive every time it comes up. It's like people in Payday 2 hissing like a vampire at a cross whenever HoxHud ever got brought up, even though Overkill ended up implemented the bulk of its features anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steel_Rook said:

I genuinely cannot fathom how anyone can defend the game's apparently "intended" trading system of idling in Maroo's Bazaar like we're travelled back in time by 15 years of MMO design.

There is an inherent difference in Warframe being F2P. Pretending this is the same situation as MMOs that have/had subs is disingenuous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, peterc3 said:

There is an inherent difference in Warframe being F2P. Pretending this is the same situation as MMOs that have/had subs is disingenuous.

What difference would that be, how is it meaningful enough to preclude an actually useful trading system and how is Warframe.market not already causing whatever issues you imagine an in-game implementation of it would? Furthermore, how is Waframe different from plenty of other F2P titles with WoW-style Auction House (not what's being asked) and the ability to trade RMT currency?

The paradox of the argument “the auction will reduce the profit of DE” - is that it’s damn awkward for platinum buyers for real money to spend this platinum in the misery, called “trade chat”.
That is, for example, I buy platinum, in order to buy the mod I need or the arkan or something else. Instead of quietly buying the goods I need at auction, I have to spend hours killing my eyesight and my time, trying at least to have time to read the seller’s offer in this lightning-speed stream of offers and requests. If I manage to read this sentence and write to the seller, I still have to wait until he "completes the mission, finishes other sales, takes a shower or bath, watches the series ..." and finally matures for making a deal.
OK. We send invitations to each other at the Dojo ... and suddenly we cannot connect to the group. Bug.
Several attempts - and everything starts on a new one))
Sooner or later, it bothers, and generally discourages the desire to buy something. 
As a result, in my case, DE is losing profits.
And I know, that not only in my case.

To sell anything in trade chat is the same headache. Uncomfortable for everyone.
With the exception of to some avid traders who are accustomed to such a system.
Therefore, so often there are topics on this forum asking for an auction, or some more or less orderly and convenient trading system.
I hope, someday DE will listen to these suggestions)

• Like 3

Le 07/01/2019 à 15:07, Khlad a dit :

Warframe.market is a great site for trading and looking at selling prices but the thing is, it's a website so people don't get notification when someone have wrote to them onless you have the actually website open. I have wrote to countless people online and offline in warframe.market but you don't get answers back quickly, first after a couple of days because they simply doesn't get notification to remind them. And my self i don't check warframe.market messages every single day just to look at who have wrote/replied.

My suggestion would be to integrate warframe.market into the warframe app. This will first of all simplify the user experience into 1 tool instead of 2. Second it will be much easier for players to communicate with each other when selling/buying because you get notifications on the phone and can reply back quickly.

Warframe Market have an app on Android (don't know for IOS).

On 2019-01-07 at 3:12 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Probably because it takes so long to get a ticket answered.

If you think it takes long for a ticket to be answered now, imagine the ticket wait time it will create with trade matters.

Oh, DE can remedy it with canned replies, but you know how that fares with players, too.

Would be nice if Warframe allowed addons to use within their game. Like how the Undermine Journal works in WoW (hover over an item and get the stats on it's sell/buy prices and median). The old Undermine Journal had charts on what's moving and expansion long prices (so needed to weed out AH "bots wars").

On 2019-01-06 at 2:02 PM, BDMblue said:

It would lower prices. 

really have you not watched auction house prices in other games.  One person lists for unrealistic ammount then everyone seems to think they can get that much.  there for prices go threw roof.  for example Decent mounts that where uncommon to rare in SWTOR used to go for 1-1.5 million credits on average then 6mo to year ago some one decided to list it for 10x that now that 10mill is the average price