Luciole77

Auction house system?

On 2019-02-07 at 9:29 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What's the difference between a victim and an accomplice?

An accomplice knows they are assisting in doing the wrong thing, the Victim is also getting indirectly scammed.

On 2019-02-07 at 9:29 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That works well if there are reoccurring things to spend your platinum on.

DE is constantly adding things to spend platinum on, so there is always going to be something there.  DE arent suddenly going to stop adding cosmentics, frames and weapons anytime soon.

Edited by Loswaith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loswaith said:

An accomplice knows they are assisting in doing the wrong thing, the Victim is also getting indirectly scammed.

Oh but you skipped the next question, the important one. 😟

So.... How would it be possible for DE to tell them apart? Because if you are trying to conceal your accomplices in crime, one of the simplest ways is to make the exact same sorts of trades or give the exact same sorts of high value gifts, with random names selected from a hat so your accomplices look exactly like "innocent victims". 

So again, since you do know the difference between an accomplice and a victim, how do you propose that DE tell them apart? 

1 hour ago, Loswaith said:

DE is constantly adding things to spend platinum on, so there is always going to be something there.  DE arent suddenly going to stop adding cosmentics, frames and weapons anytime soon.

"Reoccurring". Once you buy each novel thing once, you will normally never need to buy that item again. So for people farming those new items, at first supply will be limited and prices will be sky high. As more people farm it and sell their extras, supply increases and demand decreases, so price will predictably fall. 

A lot of the other games that people use as models for trading, have economies where high value items are used up, lost, or need repair. This means that the demand will almost never drop to a truly low level. We don't really have a similar model. 

10 hours ago, Ekemeister said:

It bothers me that most posters in this thread appear to have stopped reading after the first buzzword (auction house) that crossed their minds. No comments on a trade listing, which would still require trades made via human contact in dojos. No dialectic on the effects of the addition of a commodities market backed by credits or platinum. 

Just people berating and yelling at rate more sophmoric than reddit or some parts of youtube. I think that I'm gonna stop posting here. 

For the first: You're asking them to reinvent the wheel so that you don't have to press alt-tab.  Several of the same issues apply, the system would need to be propagated and synchronised across global servers and that would require them to figure out how to handle conflicts. Sort of a pain. 

The second, trading for materials, would probably be widely popular because it would let us skip the grind. I'm under the impression that DE doesn't like that sort of mechanic possibly because it takes us too far down the road from f2p to pay to win. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh but you skipped the next question, the important one. 😟

So.... How would it be possible for DE to tell them apart? Because if you are trying to conceal your accomplices in crime, one of the simplest ways is to make the exact same sorts of trades or give the exact same sorts of high value gifts, with random names selected from a hat so your accomplices look exactly like "innocent victims". 

So again, since you do know the difference between an accomplice and a victim, how do you propose that DE tell them apart? 

I thought that much was obvious and didn't need a response; by not presuming everyone along the chain is guilty of fraudulent activity. 
If DE had the details of the path the plat has gone they could simply reverse the whole lot (as they don't it heavily weighs that they don't have those details), anyone in the chain is reset back to what they had (lost or gained nothing for the effort), then all the full brunt of the issue is put on the purchaser (the one reversing the charges) and not on everyone along the path.

14 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

"Reoccurring". Once you buy each novel thing once, you will normally never need to buy that item again. So for people farming those new items, at first supply will be limited and prices will be sky high. As more people farm it and sell their extras, supply increases and demand decreases, so price will predictably fall. 

If a lack of reoccurring costs was an issue it would be an issue under the current system as well, and it clearly isn't. 
Making the system more accessible to both buyers and sellers isn't going to miraculously change that (it will make the perception of the system better however).  We have veterans that predate trading with everything that still buy and trade platinum to buy the new things as they are released, and those that don't do either because of the cumbersome nature of trading (I have both kinds in my clan).

So those new items will behave exactly as they behave under the current system, as every thing prior has done already.  As they would under any kind of trading system.

Edited by Loswaith
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Loswaith said:

I thought that much was obvious and didn't need a response; by not presuming everyone along the chain is guilty of fraudulent activity. 
If DE had the details of the path the plat has gone they could simply reverse the whole lot (as they don't it heavily weighs that they don't have those details), anyone in the chain is reset back to what they had (lost or gained nothing for the effort), then all the full brunt of the issue is put on the purchaser (the one reversing the charges) and not on everyone along the path.

That suggests that you haven't really thought it out. 

How many days does it take before the reversal happens. How many people are affected by the time they catch up with it. And again the whole scam is pointless if only the original purchaser of the plat is involved. Someone in there is attempting to benefit from the charge back. Possibly several people. You can refer to them as "accomplices". There's no reason to suspect that they believe everyone in the chain is guilty, and they seem to be willing to take steps to reverse their own actions if you get in touch with them about it. 

And just so we're clear on this, you still have not shown any way to differentiate between accomplices and victims. 

If a lack of reoccurring costs was an issue it would be an issue under the current system as well, and it clearly isn't. 

Of course it is. That's exactly why costs fall off so very quickly. We see it all the time. 

Making the system more accessible to both buyers and sellers isn't going to miraculously change that (it will make the perception of the system better however)

I'm reasonably certain that it already has, based on complaints that I have seen from sellers who believe that the lowball sellers on warframe market are fakes meant to drive their price down. 

We have veterans that predate trading with everything that still buy and trade platinum to buy the new things as they are released, and those that don't do either because of the cumbersome nature of trading (I have both kinds in my clan).

So those new items will behave exactly as they behave under the current system, as every thing prior has done already. As they would under any kind of trading system.

You're really not grasping the idea of "reoccurring costs" here. Novel items that come on sale at initially high prices aren't the same as longevity of prices for any item as a commonly traded commodity.

The system you suggest won't have any effect, obviously will increase supply. But demand is not going to grow as it's strictly limited by the number of concurrent players (and specifically the fraction that 1) has enough plat, 2) does not already own the item, 3) is impatient enough to want to spend platinum on it, and 4) is interested in owning the item.)

Know what happens when supply goes up without a simultaneous and proportional rise in demand? 

Hi.

After having been playing warframe for just a while it might not be in my place to say, but I'd like to suggest a marketplace of some sort (maybe an auction house?) where you could list your things for trading.

For example: Player A has an item they want to sell. Player B is looking for said item. Player A proceeds to list the item for the price they want. Player B goes to said marketplace/auction house/area and can browse through the items listed. Once he/she/they see it (the item they wanted that player A listed) player B decides if he wants it for that price and buys/doesn't buy it. 

If this would not be feasible, would there at least be the possibility of having 1-2 more trade chat channels? Like 1 only for rivens and 1 only for prime sets/parts? 

The reasoning for this is that 95% of the time, the trade chat will be:

1: filled with "wts riven X and prime set Y" (not saying I'm any different, there's not a lot of other options beside warframe.market).

2: Going so fast that it's often hard to spot the thing you are looking for and/or you hit the wrong person to talk/whisper to. 

3: Possibly due to constant wall of text it's also hard (Imo at least) to not just skim through all the text, only to later when you scroll up see that the item you were looking for was for sale and that by the time you whisper the person selling the item often is already sold.

I hope you all have a nice day and take care of yourselves 

(PS: Feedback on this suggestion/feedback is always welcome 😄).

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

There's a site called "warframe market" which already does what you describe. A simple google search will get you right to it.
As to why we don't have such functionality in game... uh. Well... reasons, I guess? "Something something market instability, prices crashing, kavats and kubrows living together, the death of economy and total apocalypse." I don't really know tbh.

It's a good idea, and it was asked for countless times but as far as I can tell, it's highly unlikely to happen.

6 minutes ago, Pre-order said:

(PS: Feedback on this suggestion/feedback is always welcome 😄).

My feedback: ALWAYS do a search before you post a thread promoting an idea this trite.

You'd find that there are like 3000 posts on the topic: https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=auction house

That averages more than one post per day and, amongst veteran forum-goers, is regarded as a sort of chronic affliction. Gotta have at least one thread per week about a trading house. Good to know that you wrote this week's inevitable attempt.

Also, DE said no a really long time ago.

12 minutes ago, Pre-order said:

If this would not be feasible, would there at least be the possibility of having 1-2 more trade chat channels? Like 1 only for rivens and 1 only for prime sets/parts? 

Use the "Filter" function of the chat.  Yes, we know it's not perfect. We agree. But I really doubt we're going to have more trade channels.

DE didn't said no. They said "while the community stays split and doesn't have a common census, we will not do it.

Half of the community likes Auction Houses, the other half doesn't like. If it stays this way, they won't do it.

59 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

My feedback: ALWAYS do a search before you post a thread promoting an idea this trite.

You'd find that there are like 3000 posts on the topic: https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=auction house

That averages more than one post per day and, amongst veteran forum-goers, is regarded as a sort of chronic affliction. Gotta have at least one thread per week about a trading house. Good to know that you wrote this week's inevitable attempt.

Also, DE said no a really long time ago.

Use the "Filter" function of the chat.  Yes, we know it's not perfect. We agree. But I really doubt we're going to have more trade channels.

Sorry :c new around the forums (as you could have seen from my 1 single post). Also..... If it's not perfect there's no harm in asking for it to get better, is there? 🙂 

This a bad idea it will ruin the economy.
have you seen other games where paid player can basically sell Elite Privilege for 60m in Auction House?? 

Edited by HEA-Devazone

1 hour ago, Pre-order said:

Sorry :c new around the forums (as you could have seen from my 1 single post). Also..... If it's not perfect there's no harm in asking for it to get better, is there? 🙂 

No need to apologize, but... searching the forums isn't difficult.

Also, there is no harm in asking for it to get better. It is therefore a shame you didn't ask for it to be better, or at least pointed out no criticism and advanced no suggestion.

Creating two (or more) trade channels is not a solution as you'll just introduce a huge amount of confusion. There's going to be people who write in the wrong chat, people who read the wrong chat, people who write in a single message about both primes and rivens, people who want to buy or sell other stuff and don't know where to go. It is simply not feasible, and if implemented it would just be a huge chaos for everyone.

Cue all the anti-auction house ***holes who can't wait to jump on OPs butt and chew him out about how he needs to learn how to use the filter function in chat and how an auction house will destroy the warframe economy and blah blah blah. Let the dude post his wish. There's plenty of us that *want* an auction house but there's more posts of the mouthy few who don't want their plat flow changed fighting against it. I for one am hoping that if there are enough OP posts wishing for it, maybe DE will get the hint that some changes to the current near-useless trade system isn't bad. Using the filter feature is a half-assed attempt at fixing what is a HORRIBLE system as it currently stands. For all those that yell that the chat filter is just fine, tell that to the people who are visually impaired and have trouble reading the scrolling even WITH filters active. Tell that to the players who have limited time to play and even less time to sit in trade chat. Not everyone who wants an auction house is going to write a bot to abuse it.

Diablo III has an in-game auction house. Warframe only has an unofficial one at https://warframe.market. But it is relatively obscure. Warframe would benefit a lot from an auction house as there is a bustling Platinum economy. It would provide consistent prices to everyone, prevent scamming, and connect sellers to buyers easily.

Edited by (PS4)Twinstaff17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Search box is upper right hand corner, right below your username.  Use it - This topic has been discussed to death.  For years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)Twinstaff17 said:

I'm taking bout an auction house like Warframe market

Yeah, which people have been discussing on the forums for literally years.  DE in the past has refused the idea, and everything that could possibly be said about already has been a thousand times.  Search for Auction House and look over the long history - it's a long played out discussion.

• Upvote 1

imo more than adding the whole Warframe.market, there should be a warning when you are on the login screen, or in the loading screens with some other advices, or something like that, that says "You can search for the price of your stuff in Warframe.market!"

2 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Yeah, which people have been discussing on the forums for literally years.  DE in the past has refused the idea, and everything that could possibly be said about already has been a thousand times.  Search for Auction House and look over the long history - it's a long played out discussion.

Well that's just dumb on DEs part. But I'm glad the topic has been discussed

• Haha 1

à l’instant, (PS4)Twinstaff17 a dit :

It's a pretty good thing to ask for

Why? I never bothered to find out what that site does.

Does it make it possible to just sell items without meeting in person?