Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luciole77

Auction house system?

Yeah an auction house would be fantastic if you want the market to crash for everything that isn't maxed arcanes and rivens.

Use copy and paste on the right side of each item in Warframe Market. And use that to contact players in game. It’s very simple and easy. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Twinstaff17 said:

Warframe would benefit a lot from an auction house as there is a bustling Platinum economy.

It would kill that "bustling" economy

it wont happen ever, would it be useful?  ofc it would.... to us, but it would not be financially profitable for DE to allow the efficient use/flow of plat between players, what they want is people buying plat using the current inefficient method as it brings in more sales for them, its this simple.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Twinstaff17 said:

Diablo III has an in-game auction house

bad example, bad.

A simple search for "diablo 3 auction house shutdown" would had answered why DE been avoiding an AH, considering they use premium currency for trades, just like D3 once did.

And was not pretty. 

Prime sets and parts vaulted and unvaulted, rare mods, primed mods, endo sources are already barely worth anything.

Imagine if there was an auction house, it would push f2p players to grindy 'hardcore' rng hell content like Eidolons and rivens, not sure if that would be a good thing or not though, it would definitely change the overly entitled extreme casual Wf community, maybe for the better but i don't think DE would risk doing this.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Twinstaff17 said:

Warframe only has an unofficial one at https://warframe.market.

auction house in warframe? no, thank you

official warframe.market? yeah, why not

integrated in a game? sure

So recently I convinced a friend of mine to download warframe. After 3days he decided it was a game he enjoyed and brought a prime pack. Big investment. I told him to mainly spend the plat on slots, 30 day boosters and afew potatoes etc...the basics needed at the start to carry you to late game. 

I logged on today to find out someone sold him Banshee Prime on ps4 for 450 plat 😥 Yes you read that correctly 450 plat. He wanted to buy a mod for a build he seen on YouTube. That's what took him into trade chat. I told him he got screwed and why didn't he Google the prices of items. 

He wasn't impressed and started giving out saying how was he ment to know the prices as a new player and continued to complain it was crazy that the game expects you to Google every aspect of it, was a good point. 

My point being should there be some control measure put in place to stop players taking advantage of others. He really wanted to quit as warframe is considered a co-op game he didn't expect this. He should of but didn't. I'm not saying a auction house is needed but some built in guide or something to prevent this. He was raging and wanted to quit only for me calming him down. 

I was thinking warframe most lose a lot of newer players this way and it is unfair as there being takin advantage of. 

Thoughts?  Or is everyone here of the opinion it was clever to screw the new guy and it's better players learn the hard way ?

Another auction house thread?  

Going to save you some time my friend.  The answer to these will always be no.  Just do a search for this topic for a general idea why.  

You really won't like the mass response.

Why is a new player buying prime sets 3 days into the game? He should be farming them not buying right away. I agree that what happened to him was S#&$ty, but why is he jumping into the trading system when he's barely finished Vor's Prize? TradeChat is a merchant's warzone, you don't go in there blind expecting to be safe, no matter the game.

Exactly but he didn't know where was he told that information? He has good job hence why he brought expensive pack he's like that with alot of games that's his choice but in any game he spent money in he never experiences this before.

2 минуты назад, (PS4)AbioticViper сказал:

Auction house title was to catch attention

So clickbait?

Not playing a sellers advocate, but your friend should have done some research, if they failed to listen to your advice on what to buy - it is their fault.

1 minute ago, (PS4)AbioticViper said:

Auction house title was to catch attention if you read context you'll see not what I'm looking for.

Clickbait is not helping your cause.  You really are not going to like the response now.

I won't blame your friend for being enthusiastic for a game they found enjoyable, but is it really fully the game's fault? New players can get scammed or gifted full sets instead, he was the former. If he'd ask around in chats, clan, or hell even just ask you, he wouldn't get scammed (people are a *@##$ to handle, irl or in-game).

It is going to be a no. For all of time it seems. And not because players dont want it, if you think forums people respond like that - go on reddit where far more people comment on the issue and want the thing. Problem in not in the "want". Problem is that it will put DE down for so many things, its just a bad business move. Additional pressure on servers, people will buy less platinum since price will drop on everything are two most important ones. Why would DE do that? And they aint "evil" for that, you just have to maintain a business.

Well it's something along of the lines of one but since it doesn't exist I can't name it so that title was most inline with what we're discussing. An auction house of sorts but not a traditional one. Can we focus on the context? And not the title. I'm starting to remember why I don't post lol Land of the straw man argument 😅

3 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I won't blame your friend for being enthusiastic for a game they found enjoyable, but is it really fully the game's fault? New players can get scammed or gifted full sets instead, he was the former. If he'd ask around in chats, clan, or hell even just ask you, he wouldn't get scammed (people are a *@##$ to handle, irl or in-game).

Again these things are easy to say when your playing the game months or years. You have to take into account these players are new. Everyone that plays warframe knows this but should we be so elite that we should expect all new players to watch a 8h guide on warframw before turning it on.

It's a free market dude, no one but your friend is to be blamed for him being ripped off. He should have done his research proper.

Also, I vote for the "not" part when it comes to auction houses.

il y a 11 minutes, (PS4)AbioticViper a dit :

I logged on today to find out someone sold him Banshee Prime on ps4 for 450 plat 😥 Yes you read that correctly 450 plat. He wanted to buy a mod for a build he seen on YouTube. That's what took him into trade chat. I told him he got screwed and why didn't he Google the prices of items. 

He wasn't impressed and started giving out saying how was he meant to know the prices as a new player and continued to complain it was crazy that the game expects you to Google every aspect of it, was a good point.

1. "PC Banshee Prime" in trade chat or ask others.

2. I never saw a game that actually told you what is worth what.

3. It wouldn't benefit the company to make trading as convenient as possible.

4. Don't be a lazy c*nt and do some research! I always go onto the warframe market site to check what are the prices and I try to buy or sell stuff based on those prices. You guys have smartphones right? It doesn't take that much time to find information you need. Or just point number one "Ask others".

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

3. It wouldn't benefit the company to make trading as convenient as possible.

Sadly youre right, people asked for the auction house since the dawn of Warframe. i started in 2013 and even back then its was long asked for feature.... its 2019 now

Ugh clickbait title. Anyway. I'm not sure how accurate prices are on it for PS4, but I tend to tell every player to take a look at warframe.market and take the prices of the 3 cheapest sellers that are online ingame as an average price when they want to sell or buy something. So yeah, I guess what you're asking for already exists, sort of.

On the other hand, I tend to shrug at players that players that were scammed, because they didn't do any research and got "scammed" selling or buying something, telling them that I hope they don't do the same in real life.

It's just as if you wanted a new computer, had no idea about prices and went straight to the closest store without seeking any form of advice, buying something after asking the vendor what's best. Well guess what, he's here to sell you stuff. Some will try to get you something that will suit your usage and at a fair price, some others will try to make the most profit out of you.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Another auction house thread?  

Going to save you some time my friend.  The answer to these will always be no.  Just do a search for this topic for a general idea why.  

You really won't like the mass response.

Yes another one of these to show that these would massively benefit the game and there is definitely demand for this. Trading in Warframe is done so poorly its embarrassing to even have it in the game in its current state.