Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luciole77

Auction house system?

I know the title is clickbait and isn't relevant.

But I really want DE to implement auction house just to see people cry about how their items are all worthless when there's sudden influx of supply but no demand.

People often forget that you mostly need 1 of each item in Warframe unlike MMO with resource sink. 

And also never underestimate asian farmers from 3rd world country. They don't sleep.

11 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Yes another one of these to show that these would massively benefit the game and there is definitely demand for this. Trading in Warframe is done so poorly its embarrassing to even have it in the game in its current state.

You poor, misguided soul.  I wonder if you auction house players ever consider this:

1 minute ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I know the title is clickbait and isn't relevant.

But I really want DE to implement auction house just to see people cry about how their items are all worthless when there's sudden influx of supply but no demand.

People often forget that you mostly need 1 of each item in Warframe unlike MMO with resource sink. 

Not to mention those of us sitting on disgusting amounts of plat would literally just corner the market, and newer/less plat having players would really whine then.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You poor, misguided soul.  I wonder if you auction house players ever consider this:

Not to mention those of us sitting on disgusting amounts of plat would literally just corner the market, and newer/less plat having players would reallwhine then.

That is exactly why it should be introduced. Having some mods being worth more than 10x Venezuelan minimum wage is complete lunacy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbioticViper said:

Again these things are easy to say when your playing the game months or years. You have to take into account these players are new. Everyone that plays warframe knows this but should we be so elite that we should expect all new players to watch a 8h guide on warframw before turning it on.

Literally everyone experienced being a newbie though. It personally took me months to finally be sure enough to even talk in trade in trade chat.

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbioticViper said:

I was thinking warframe most lose a lot of newer players this way and it is unfair as there being takin advantage of.

except this is the business model that is ideal to DE as it means more people buy more plat due to the whole made up prices between players which cannot easily be visibly undercut, having a form of efficient player<>player plat flow would mean less revenue for DE, this si why an auction will never ever appear and you have to rely on the warframe market website.

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Why is a new player buying prime sets 3 days into the game? 

Because they can and why shouldn't they it's their plat

but why is he jumping into the trading system when he's barely finished Vor's Prize? 

Because it's there...

TradeChat is a merchant's warzone, you don't go in there blind expecting to be safe, no matter the game.

No, trade chat is a disheveled mess of bubblegum and ducttape used by people who don't know better. This game should have better BUT I'm pretty sure (tho still a guess) that the reason we don't is because the devs are (rightfully) terrified that if we had an in game market place that the in game economy such as it is would irrevocably collapse and they probably aren't wrong. 

My opinion, any trade system would be better than this mirc style spam. We have empty relays that could use that space for some kind of trade kiosks that at least keep track of item prices from trade chat window

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbioticViper said:

So recently I convinced a friend of mine to download warframe. After 3days he decided it was a game he enjoyed and brought a prime pack. Big investment. I told him to mainly spend the plat on slots, 30 day boosters and afew potatoes etc...the basics needed at the start to carry you to late game. 

I logged on today to find out someone sold him Banshee Prime on ps4 for 450 plat 😥 Yes you read that correctly 450 plat. He wanted to buy a mod for a build he seen on YouTube. That's what took him into trade chat. I told him he got screwed and why didn't he Google the prices of items. 

He wasn't impressed and started giving out saying how was he ment to know the prices as a new player and continued to complain it was crazy that the game expects you to Google every aspect of it, was a good point. 

My point being should there be some control measure put in place to stop players taking advantage of others. He really wanted to quit as warframe is considered a co-op game he didn't expect this. He should of but didn't. I'm not saying a auction house is needed but some built in guide or something to prevent this. He was raging and wanted to quit only for me calming him down. 

I was thinking warframe most lose a lot of newer players this way and it is unfair as there being takin advantage of. 

Thoughts?  Or is everyone here of the opinion it was clever to screw the new guy and it's better players learn the hard way ?

Warframe has a weird problem.

It has a low pick up rate, not a lot of people, in the grand scheme of things, start playing the game.

It also has a very high wash out rate, the vast majority of new players that start quit after a week.

Whilst strangely enough, warframe also has a disproportionately large veteran community.

= The people that stick with warframe past the horrible new player experience tend to stay pretty loyal.

I somewhat agree with what your friend said and that he was mad. But “you have to google everything in this game.” Is kind of just a cop out.

Yes, you should have googled the price of something you were buying from a player for premium currency. 

That’s just bread and butter basic 🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel for your friend, but he really needs to shift the blame on to himself.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

except this is the business model that is ideal to DE as it means more people buy more plat due to the whole made up prices between players which cannot easily be visibly undercut, having a form of efficient player<>player plat flow would mean less revenue for DE, this si why an auction will never ever appear and you have to rely on the warframe market website.

The discrepancy in platinum prices you’re talking about would weigh up to about $5 per player over the course of a few years.

When you actually break down how DE earns money, that’s absolute pittance compared to what prime access brings in every few months.

I get that hating corporations is all the rage right now, but this scandal you’ve revealed is hardly that lucrative for DE in the first place.

Ok very important question, is this your friends first MMO?

I ask this as any person who has played MMO's knows to look around for prices before buying anything. Yes, it is easier to do when there is an auction house of sorts but the rule should still be in effect when you play a game without one.

As a bit of info when it comes to trade chat on PS4 a lot of people set prices high (or low if they are buying) to allow for haggling. I know this because I personally do it quite often. For safer deals with less haggling go to the bazaar or to warframemarket.

As for the desire to have an auction house (yes I am aware your tittle is click bait) DE in the past have said its not going to happen, and personally I am ok with that. When using auction houses in other MMO's I have had to have mule accounts sit in a single spot for hours/days preventing me from playing the game if I really wanted to sell X item. Now I don't know about you or your friend but I don't feel comfortable leaving my PS4 on for days at a time.  Also servers for dedicated areas like the relays, the bazaar, Cetus, and Fortuna don't offer a lot of people in a single spot so your chances of making a good purchase would involve a lot of hopping.

Sorry your friend got scammed but it is in part their own fault. By the sounds of it they didn't even do any shopping around in trade chat as yes 450P is a LOT to spend on a banshee prime but I have seen plenty of people selling her in the past few weeks for around 200P. Still higher then I would personally pay but watching trade chat for more then 5 minutes makes a huge difference in what your going to be able to buy/sell at fair prices.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The discrepancy in platinum prices you’re talking about would weigh up to about $5 per player over the course of a few years.

When you actually break down how DE earns money, that’s absolute pittance compared to what prime access brings in every few months.

I get that hating corporations is all the rage right now, but this scandal you’ve revealed is hardly that lucrative for DE in the first place.

its not hate, its just common sense, think of all the players throwing obsene amounts of plat at rivens, then think of an auction house that does nothing but let ppl see a clear price.... which will inevitably get undercut by someone who would then have a sparkly new auction house to do the sale for him rather than get annoyed doing it manually as well as a buyer who throws as much plat as they can to secure said riven before it vanishes.

An auction house would simply drive down prices due to clear competition, at present not as many bother selling simply because it has to be done manually, ots annoying as you have to use a chat channel that speeds past you at a hundred miles an hour, or you have to babysit a 3rd party website while either waiting and thus not playing, or playing and potentially missing a buy/sale due to the other person involved not wanting to wait.

yes prime packs rake in the cash but so will normal plat sales if only just for the riven side of things, the "normal" side of plat sales probably is a p*ss in the ocean but eiterh way it all mounts up, no investors/backers are going to turn a blind eye to small change.

This is why an auction house will never happen, theres no hate in it, its just plain common sense and good business.

Please search 15 thousand other threads on the topic, it's a closed issue, the answer is no. WoW AH is a failed system that destroyed the economy and promoted massive numbers of gold sellers.

13 минут назад, SenariousNex сказал:

Please search 15 thousand other threads on the topic, it's a closed issue, the answer is no. WoW AH is a failed system that destroyed the economy and promoted massive numbers of gold sellers.

Well, not so much and destroyed) In addition, in other games, for example in Guild Wars 2, the auction has been functioning perfectly for 6 years and there is not even a hint of any "economic collapse."

24 минуты назад, Lamnatar сказал:

It is an absolut nightmare. Why cant it be like the AH in WoW?

I completely agree. Trade chat is a nightmare) 

I hope that DE will someday introduce an auction, or any other, more convenient trading system.

4 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

Well, not so much and destroyed) In addition, in other games, for example in Guild Wars 2, the auction has been functioning perfectly for 6 years and there is not even a hint of any "economic collapse."

First thing that comes up when you search Guild Wars 2 gold spam:

This right here is the reason I can't stand most mmorpgs. Please don't bring this cancer to warframe. Warframe.market works just fine. 

Warframe.market works as a solution to this need of auc, DE has said they show no intrest in implementing this in game.

Though im on board to adding typing shortcuts like [Brackets] being able to give u shortcuts pick whatever you want to trade and to advertise. Typing to trade on consoles is a pain.

1 минуту назад, SenariousNex сказал:

First thing that comes up when you search Guild Wars 2 gold spam:

This right here is the reason I can't stand most mmorpgs. Please don't bring this cancer to warframe. Warframe.market works just fine. 

Honestly, I think that this quote is either a complete lie, or its author exaggerates abruptly. I have been playing Guild Wars 2 from the very beginning, I have NEVER come across gold sellers. Seriously.
However, Arena.net is now experiencing hard times, 143 out of 400 employees have recently been fired, the future of the game is in question (I hope for the best), maybe someone decided to make money, so to speak, "under the curtain." Out of fear that the game will close soon, and gold reserves will turn into dust. This is the only reasonable explanation.

The only thing that they sometimes sell in chat is a place in raids. 
I saw it. For those who are too lazy for a long time preparing for their passage, and who are interested in this content. 

No, an AH is a great system and would enhance the game. Having an archaic trade chat only keeps many of us from bothering with it. 

No. AH systems are cancer on gaming communities and make things far easier for RMT types to do business.

Hey guys

With all this Semlar drama going on, the really inflated and confusing riven market, most of the released prime stuff vaulted, etc etc, I think is time for DE to finally make an in game auction house system and stop these ongoing problems for once and all, for example, making an auction house just like APB Reloaded has had since years ago (original APB was released in 2010, not sure if the auction house was already implemented tho), where you go to a “relay” post (like the ducat kiosk for example) where you can post the stuff you want to sell, everyone can see the listings in game, search, filter, offer or buy and then you get the currency in a private message, pretty easy system, fast and reliable.

Here is how it works:

I guess this would take some prices down due to higher supply but overall everyone would benefit from better prices and faster transactions and not only some greedy people wanting to make a profit out of uninformed players, it would be just like how warframe.market works but in game.

Just my 2 cents, what you guys think?

Edit: This is what happened with Semlar and the Riven Mafia in case you guys didn't know:

hace 1 hora, Acersecomic dijo:

Was just about to post a topic on this haha. Time to bring those egoinflated idiots down, since that's the only thing they can get up anyways haha