Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

Was wondering if there are any plans to introduce an auction house system to the game. Its literally the only thing stopping me from quitting World of Warcraft and full on commiting to this game.

I know there is that site you can use to arrange trading but an actual system in game where i can put up things iv farmed for, for a set amount that people can view then purchase would streamline the process and make it all alot more smoother. Really dont want to have to use a 3rd party site to find people that want to trade.

This a feature other people would want as well?

• Like 1

Platinum is one of those things you must dedicate time or money to. If you want Platinum without spending money, you will have to find players through the trading channel or external sites. Giving all players a system that is "set and forget" will make Platinum even easier to earn which is unnecessary. 

We don't need an auction house.

A lot of people don't want an auction house system as the added ease of selling items would drive down prices.

Also since DE allows us to trade a "premium currency" between players anything that can drive down prices also means it drives down plat sales.

1 hour ago, PVCPrincess said:

Was wondering if there are any plans to introduce an auction house system to the game.

No.

1 hour ago, PVCPrincess said:

Its literally the only thing stopping me from quitting World of Warcraft and full on commiting to this game.

I'm sensing this is a reason for Warframe not to have an AH.

Auction house would mess up the game in a way because people already only want to sell high and buy low. People will start only buying the cheapest things because that's what's readily available. In Diablo and WoW all ite,s have different stats. War frame has all the same stats on our weapons. So that would really rock our little Warframe economy. 

It is, for whatever reason, considered necessary for warframe to have the worst of all worlds in terms of trading. We must have the RMAH of Diablo 3, with the trading interface of Diablo 2. 

Which is to say, WTB Reaper of Frames expansion with no trading rebalanced for self-found. 😎

• Like 2

The hassle of trading is, in effect, an intentional limiting factor in the game's economy.  Requiring the personal touch, so to speak.

Right now, even "Prime Junk" is still worth something, but to turn what may be basically worthless into platinum requires the whole rigamarole of using trade chat, inviting, doing the trade, blah blah blah it's this whole thing.  An auction house means that trading is easier than ever!  "But there's hundreds of people selling X at Y price, I want mine to actually be sold so I'll just sell at Y-1."  Repeat ad infinitum, considering Warframe's volume of players.  Now everything that is reasonable to collect to sell is worthless because undercutting is instant and easy, even Warframe Market has limits in that it still requires the players to be online and communicate.

I've seen it happen, Auction Houses can seriously destroy economies, even without considering botting.

The community is against auction houses but never provide any suggestions on how it could actually work in the game.

Auction house would be a good implementation to the game provided there are limitations in place.  

My suggestions:
- minimum 5p tax or 5% of item value for listing the item, whichever is greater (even if it doesn't sell)
- minimum 5p tax or 5% of item value for buying said item, whichever is greater
- maximum of 5 items listed at any time for sale
- items are active in the auction house for 30 days before becoming inactive
- auction house purchases count towards daily trades
- taxes collected act as a collateral to offset losses incurred from black market platinum, chargebacks, and/or other forms of RMT

Why these limitations work:
- taxes prevent items such as common mods or prime junk from flooding marketplace under 5p
- players are still encouraged to communicate with other players through chat instead of jumping straight to the auction house where things cost more to obtain at the benefit of convenience
- limiting number of items listed reduce chance of flooding the market
- purchasing limits reduces chance a whale manipulates market prices
- a solution for DE to cover their losses instead of banning innocent people when platinum issues arise
- good for the riven market, prevents flooding of trade chat.  People thinking about charging 10k+ for a riven will think twice with the taxes for listing them

Edited by Omega
  • Like 2

Auction Houses ruin economies. Removes the value of finding a seller/buyer at the right time, making it all automatic dropping the value of the item as more people list those items regularly, prices dropping and players undercutting each other to oblivion, and we also don't want to get flooded by platgoldsellers, do we?
What I always post on the countless AH threads, it's that we need an in-game feature that functions the same as the 3rd party website we/most players use instead of relying on an unofficial source in the background.

The only AH that I've seen to somewhat work decently is RO Eternal Love's. Items are untradeable and there's the Exchange place where you sell your stuff into a huge stack pile but you don't set prices, they're fixed, and when someone purchases that item, they don't get to pick which they buy, it's a random one in the pile and you don't know who you're buying it from since all of them have the same price. Prices auto-change themselves as people put less or more items on it (supply and demand), something that Riven disposition should have had :P, and that's the bad part about it, lots of farmers saturate the Exchange place and make the prices drop, or they manipulate it to make prices rise by purposedly not listing the rare expensive items so they increase in price automatically. Which goes back to the argument of AH ruining economies.

47 minutes ago, Omega said:

The community is against auction houses but never provide any suggestions on how it could actually work in the game.

Auction house would be a good implementation to the game provided there are limitations in place.  

My suggestions:
- minimum 5p tax or 5% of item value for listing the item, whichever is greater (even if it doesn't sell)
- taxes collected act as a collateral to offset losses incurred from black market platinum, chargebacks, and/or other forms of RMT

- taxes prevent items such as common mods or prime junk from flooding marketplace under 5p
- players are still encouraged to communicate with other players through chat instead of jumping straight to the auction house where things cost more to obtain at the benefit of convenience
- a solution for DE to cover their losses instead of banning innocent people when platinum issues arise
- good for the riven market, prevents flooding of trade chat.  People thinking about charging 10k+ for a riven will think twice with the taxes for listing them

The at of your post highlights the problem, people need to be told how something could work before accepting or attempting to acknowledge that a workable alternative is always an option. Personally I hate trade chat, especially on console, and something like what you suggested would be lovely. Or better yet, Maroo's Bazaar actually being utilized as it was intended

• Like 2

DE has said no before to auction houses.

Plus why? Auction houses remove the player interaction that trade chat gives. One of things that still love doing is sitting in my dojo and watching trade chat go.

What's hot right now? What people trying buy now? Is that arcane people wanting yesterday still selling now? Did the price on that mod go down? Why is that guy selling a -damage riven for a 1000? The free market of trade chat is a Good thing.

5 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

No. Never.

agree to the point.  If there a auction house come into this game it would be absolute disaster.  The qualities of the game would be down in the drain for sure and the game have to keep a records of countless trades and majorities the people would be ban for list over producing mods and list of limited the mods and so on stuff because riven mods are pose to be limitless with the game, but auction it the mods will become too much a valuable and cost over 1k and drive everyone fury about the auction house.

I know founder's excal with the prime sword worth whole lot, but no we won't stoop that low and we don't wanted that to happen.

P.S Yes I know auction work and no I am not willing go back there...

Edited by ChaoticEdge

7 часов назад, PVCPrincess сказал:

Was wondering if there are any plans to introduce an auction house system to the game. Its literally the only thing stopping me from quitting World of Warcraft and full on commiting to this game.

I know there is that site you can use to arrange trading but an actual system in game where i can put up things iv farmed for, for a set amount that people can view then purchase would streamline the process and make it all alot more smoother. Really dont want to have to use a 3rd party site to find people that want to trade.

This a feature other people would want as well?

Yes, I am fully support the idea of an auction (or any other more convenient trading system). Trade chat is very inconvenient. This is to put it mildly - "inconvenient") 

• Like 1

I also wish they'd make it easier for beginning players to figure out how to buy blueprints from the market. In the last month I've had to show people like 6 times. It's pretty bad. Here is hoping both issues get solved. Both problems stomp on the newer Tenno harder then anyone whose been around a while.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Omega said:

My suggestions:

Nice post, but no. You've missed a pretty fundamental reason why taxation is not the solution. 

Platinum is a fiat currency. It's only worth is based on supply and demand. Supply of platinum is limited, demand is unlimited. Conversely most the things that you buy with platinum have a potentially infinite supply, but at any given moment the supply is restricted based on RNG, vaulting and "who is currently online and trading". 

For most items personal demand is only ever "one of the given item" because our Warframes and weapons don't degrade. Once you build it, that's it, you will never need another. Any extra blueprints now count as "supply". 

This is why we have sinks for some of the items, Baro is an example of a sink. By getting us to convert significant numbers of items, the supply is reduced, helping to keep costs higher. 

Now many of you are looking at an auction house as a way of increasing the demand for your items. You think to yourself "if I can list it there I will not be limited to only the handful of cheapskates who are online right now so I will earn more, passively". You won't. 

The reason is simple. As a seller you will also be competing against a vastly greater number of sellers, who are thinking the same way you do. Supply just increased over 1000% but at any given moment the number of buyers is roughly the same. When supply goes up, and demand remains constant, price goes down. 

All of us know that newly released weapons, mods whatever sell for ridiculous sums. But as time goes on, and people get a chance to farm the items, supply increases and demand dwindles, so the item that may have sold at first for thousands of plat, is now only getting 50 by the end of week. 

That's what's going to happen to the vast majority of prices when the auction house is implemented. The price of most items will plummet. A few rare items will have astronomically high prices, and the in game economy will be ruined. 

Worst case scenario, your items will sell for 6 plat/set. 5 goes to tax, and 1 is what you have left, because that's the price you have to maintain to remain competitive because everyone else is willing to undercut your prices. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I wish that they remove the ability to trade premium currency..

Why on Snarklewock would you do that?

Locking things like warframe and weapon slots behind a paywall would drive people away in droves, and is EA level of insidious. Remember, any single piece of platinum circulating the market has already been paid for with real money. If you remove platinum from the player driven economy, you remove a considerable source of income. Remember, that platinum is also removed from the economy every time, someone use it to buy slots, cosmetics or grineer chew toys. There will always be a need to buy more platinum for trading.

But Warframe still need a more beginner-friendly and accessible trade function.

• Like 3