Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

Just now, Yrkul said:

But Warframe still need a more beginner-friendly and accessible trade function.

It's true. As things stand now the Market really just confuses newer players and typically in a purely negative way. A better infrastructure would be great. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Hey hey hey.. I didn't want to break loose drama lol 😄 it's just me settling in not to trade anymore and buying it instead.. 

It's not a big deal. I was wondering if you felt that the fact plat is trade-able isn't lucrative for the devs. It think it is. Back in the earlier period of Warframe's life before we got trading Plat purchasing was basically just for cosmetics, rushing builds or just buying gear outright. It was a far more limited premium currency. Since the debut of trading that allowed Plat to become its main resource the premium currency became significantly more flexible and as a result a lot of people who wouldn't be into buying it opened up to it a bit more.

I'm one such case. Despite the fact that I've been with Warframe for most of its evolution 100% of my purchases exist long after trading was available. The fact that I can buy the skins I like and then turn the excess into items I need to grind was a lot of value.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I wish that they remove the ability to trade premium currency..

Not everyone gets what they want..

I have to disagree there. Warframe allowing the trading of premium currency makes it somewhat unique in a sea of other F2P offerings that force you to pay to acquire said currency, and it allows even more casual players to actually trade their time and effort for real, tangible kickback.

If they removed it, I think the game would be far worse off for it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Hey, it's just my opinion that could benefit DE's pockets.. other games forbid trading of ingame currency, too.. >_>

Edit: not to mention de probably doesn't want an official passive way to gain premium currency and want you to "invest time" into trading .. 

yeah, but that currency had to come from somewhere though right? i mean somewhere down the line that premium currency was paid for. so.... the way i see it, and keep in mind this is just my perspective, but the way i see it is that preamium currency is still real world money going into their pocket. if they were really worried about making money, or even really needed to, then they wouldnt give away the 75percent off plat coupons every couple days.  i dunno, maybe im missing something here, but the fact that its still money into their pocket, coupled with the fact that its unique among the F2P genre, i mean theres really no negatives for DE allowing it. then again, i try to stay as far away from trade chat as i can unless im desperate for something so i might not have the best view on the subject.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

What is a snarklewock? 😄

Of course the whole economy would need a rework, resulting in stuff being cheaper etc.. I was just saying that I also want stuff I can't have.. and there's been no mention to changes about trading whatsoever except we'll get a sixth slot.. ^^

And with your rework, you still remove a large chunk of DE's income, alienate the majority of the fanbase, and add a massive workload to DE. Years ago, it was predicted that Warframe was to be one of those shortlived experiments. Do you really want to throw that ball into the air again?

I think it is more a matter of "Things are too expensive right now. I want it cheaper" thinking, than a logical understanding of economic principles and human behaviour patterns.

And a Snarklewock is a reversed Znoffle suspended in a quantum toroid. It might be easier to visualize as an inverted quad Leppidrone.

10 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

I'm one such case. Despite the fact that I've been with Warframe for most of its evolution 100% of my purchases exist long after trading was available. The fact that I can buy the skins I like and then turn the excess into items I need to grind was a lot of value.

Back in the Void Key day's a prime part was worth so much more. actualy farming them (exept NyxP) was worth the efford.
nowadays primes arent that good for plat. only the riven's that overflow trade chat atm.

my Idea is to split trade chat for prime parts/mods and one for Riven mods. so you could actually read trade chat normaly

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

That's sounds good and also has been suggested by me.. but, still, this is not feedback 😛 so nothing here really reaches what it's supposed to reach 😛

well what do you wanna reach?
Console and PC are two difrent markets, we have rivens that sell for 2.5K i know that the prices are a lot lower on console.

but what do you want to get done?

1 minute ago, Double_C said:

well what do you wanna reach?
Console and PC are two difrent markets, we have rivens that sell for 2.5K i know that the prices are a lot lower on console.

but what do you want to get done?

im not entirely sure, but i think the OP is talking about maybe an auction house like WoW or Neverwinter style. something like an in game message board system with its own ui and all. the idea for an auction house warframe style has been tossed around a LOT over the years. personally im all for it, but i can absolutely see the other side of the argument. honestly? i dont think this is one of those things with a clear and cut answer. no real solution. the fact of it all is this. some people really love the way trading works. some people really hate it. a lot are in the middle and still others dont really have an opinion. trading in warframe, in general, is just one of those things where it work, but not for everyone, and trying to make ->everyone<- happy will ultimitely prove to be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)B1ueKarou said:

im not entirely sure, but i think the OP is talking about maybe an auction house like WoW or Neverwinter style. something like an in game message board system with its own ui and all. the idea for an auction house warframe style has been tossed around a LOT over the years. personally im all for it, but i can absolutely see the other side of the argument. honestly? i dont think this is one of those things with a clear and cut answer. no real solution. the fact of it all is this. some people really love the way trading works. some people really hate it. a lot are in the middle and still others dont really have an opinion. trading in warframe, in general, is just one of those things where it work, but not for everyone, and trying to make ->everyone<- happy will ultimitely prove to be a problem. 

my thoughts on the auction idea arent good.
with the amount of bots we have in trade chat already would make a lot of stuff toooo over priced in a auction house.

on the other hand trade chat is a god damn joke now.

but yeah there isnt one good golden solution for this.
As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts

we do have warframe market but its also a overpriced joke at times

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

No I meant the general discussion tab is not "officially" frequently monitored by de staff.. posts with feedback should be posted in the feedback section..

hot topics are like this iirc. im not 100% sure

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I wish that they remove the ability to trade premium currency..

Not everyone gets what they want..

but this????

1 minute ago, Double_C said:

my thoughts on the auction idea arent good.
with the amount of bots we have in trade chat already would make a lot of stuff toooo over priced in a auction house.

on the other hand trade chat is a god damn joke now.

but yeah there isnt one good golden solution for this.
As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts

we do have warframe market but its also a overpriced joke at times

you make a really good point that is unfortunately more true than i wish it could be. the bots, man the bots. i used to play pc mmos ALL the time. maybe too much tbh, but i rememebrr the bots just being unmaneageable. 

there was something you said, "As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts"
this
this right here, is so true. as someone who has played for years, and only relatively recently joined the forums a couple years back, i tend to lose sight of how changes effect the new players. im an Xbox Tenno, clearly by the thing by my name, so the bots.... we dont really have that issue on xbox. on pc though, i didnt even consider the ramifications that they could be wrecking on the trade chat. im not trying to call out or anything, but i think this exactly right here what you said is something that OP is struggling with. the trade chat. OG non plat glyph, first post on forums. theres no way for me to know but i suspect that OP is a new player theirselves. not bad. just an observation. but i think the weight of your words there are probably ringing true for them. i just wish that we could figure out a way to make it easier for them to love the game as we have.

1 minute ago, (XB1)B1ueKarou said:

you make a really good point that is unfortunately more true than i wish it could be. the bots, man the bots. i used to play pc mmos ALL the time. maybe too much tbh, but i rememebrr the bots just being unmaneageable. 

there was something you said, "As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts"
this
this right here, is so true. as someone who has played for years, and only relatively recently joined the forums a couple years back, i tend to lose sight of how changes effect the new players. im an Xbox Tenno, clearly by the thing by my name, so the bots.... we dont really have that issue on xbox. on pc though, i didnt even consider the ramifications that they could be wrecking on the trade chat. im not trying to call out or anything, but i think this exactly right here what you said is something that OP is struggling with. the trade chat. OG non plat glyph, first post on forums. theres no way for me to know but i suspect that OP is a new player theirselves. not bad. just an observation. but i think the weight of your words there are probably ringing true for them. i just wish that we could figure out a way to make it easier for them to love the game as we have.

every 120 sec the same people with the same long text's full of riven mods >,<
and if you say hi you dont even get a reaction some times. then later that day they reply? with something like
<"I was in a mission I didnt see it untill now"

>"Yeah for 2 whole hours... I see you"
Is actual MR 12.

no offence to mid MR players but at 12 you dont have the mods to run 2H games (more the endo you need to fill all the primed mods)

even I struggle to get to 2H in survival... solo, in ARB.
but thats not the point

point is trade chat sucks atm and there has to be something that makes it better for low MR players 

1 hour ago, marshallmeeps said:

I wish the Devs would just add a much more comfortable and convenient way of buying and selling items using platinum/etc.

current trade system is ok, even good, it's require some effort from player to get premium currency, and very robust in terms of inflation, it's a good free market

as for official implementation of "warframe market" I would say "yes, please", and even better if they do it in a game, so no need to switch by Alt+Tab

6 hours ago, Colban said:

I have to disagree there. Warframe allowing the trading of premium currency makes it somewhat unique in a sea of other F2P offerings that force you to pay to acquire said currency, and it allows even more casual players to actually trade their time and effort for real, tangible kickback.

If they removed it, I think the game would be far worse off for it.

This.

And as for OP. No. This is just another "auction house" thread.

il y a 18 minutes, Fenrys_Delta a dit :

We DO have an auction house. It´s called warframe.market. 😃

That's not auction house in real sense and situation is not as bad with them as it would be with actual auction house, it's pretty good and managable as it is, which is good.

There will always be someone who wants to ruin game economy, that person and go ahead and cry why there's no auction house. I really hope DE will never ever change their mind and keep ignoring these silly suggestions cause it would directly impact their income from selling platina, that's something they don't want and which could prove to be a problem if encountered.

Edited by CoreXCZ

On 2019-01-23 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I don't think people appreciate how much stuff they'd be competing with if this idea existed.

It would be no easier selling your stuff unless you're willing to list everything you have for 1p each.

You're right. I just realized that things are fun the way they are already and I'm very glad that DE continues to push new things for Warframe :D.