Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction house system?

Luciole77

Current trading is so unique to all F2P industry that any changes should be very well discussed within DE. Situation we have now is quite similar to real-life trading of actual goods between individuals - just a simple free market - that I don't believe to actually be possible to upgrade in any way.

Auction house with public listings of everything in game - no. It will literally kill a big part of economy, the one I really enjoy - sometimes I launch Warframe just to make some platinum off... Trading itself. It is fun too - as for example making risky investments for high profits (I bought around 8 Primed Flows for ca. 50 platinum each mid-december just in hope I will sell them for 100 platinum each around mid-february - and what if Baro comes back with Primed Flow again? ahh... the thrill of a free market trader), or grinding half of a prime warframe, buying the remaining parts as cheap as you can just to sell whole set with profit.

TL;DR: Auction House would literally prevent making plat off trading in a traditional fashion - like buying something cheaper in the morning just to sell it higher in the evening when more players are online.

I would love an official ingame Warframe Market! 😄

It can be little clan shops(inside the clans of course), it could be a market UI, or something else. 

An ingame market is needed in this game. 

Everything doesn't have to be tradeable(stuff that's tradeable right now works including the mastery rank restrictions), and unveiled rivens can still be traded in chat, or maybe little shops(not with the market UI though).

(warframe.market does not count since it's a 3rd party entity, and i dont think the market should be a website outside of the game itself, hence "ingame")

Edited by GrayFrequency
  • Like 1

Also this is not an auction house.

An auction house =/= ingame market.

Auction House = Desperate sale, every single item would be like 1 plat

Ingame Marketplace = You can buy and sell, at normal pricings. Yes markets do work, ive played quite a few games that had great markets. OSRS is a great example. 

There can be restrictions to insure, such as: Item sale amount limits, Trade amount limits per day(already a thing), MR restrictions (already a thing), time limits for items for sale if item is placed in a shop for sale.  

• Like 1

The best in game market that I've seen is EVE online. Yes, there are bots, but for me it still works fine. Basically, it is very similar to Warframe market, but it is in-game. I think that an in-game market of this kind would benefit the game GREATLY!

We all know that trade chat can be tedious as **** It takes dedicated hours of time to make plat. Yes, I do use warframe market but there are some issues there as well. Half the time the seller/buyer doesn't respond or isn't online even though it says they are on the website.

I think it would be fine to have a centralized market almost exactly like EVE's

I would really just love a "Trade Chat" and a "Plat Chat", where the latter is what Trade Chat is now and the former is a channel where everyone agrees the exchanges discussed therein will have nothing to do with plat. I just wanna trade Syndicate goodies folks, and we all get em for free. Don't be demanding 30 plat for an augment mod or an Arch-weapon part, that's just silly.

4 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I would really just love a "Trade Chat" and a "Plat Chat", where the latter is what Trade Chat is now and the former is a channel where everyone agrees the exchanges discussed therein will have nothing to do with plat. I just wanna trade Syndicate goodies folks, and we all get em for free. Don't be demanding 30 plat for an augment mod or an Arch-weapon part, that's just silly.

in a free market its not unreasonable to see things sell for higher then the average. 

also there is a filter option so u can see ONLY what u want which solves the "trade chat" not many people do item for item trades for it to be split anyway.

what it seems people want is some dedicated split which is just going to be a bunch of unnecessary dead tabs, people will just flock to the most active one, in your example you mention syndicate mods, thats an extremely tiny market

as for the post. we already have an official unofficial trading platform warframe.market for everything outside of rivens thats tradeable. and its alot very very reliable. rivenmarket (not riven.market) i believe has a function similar to warframe market, im not sure as i dont like the interface of that site so i dont use it.

it may not be what  they want but unless someone can pitch and AND implement (as in show something that can work)  in WARFRAME vs just make it auction house(because in warframe that simply just wont work for so many reasons that are extremely obvious i dont feel the need to mention then), its shouting on deaf ears

1 hour ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

The best in game market that I've seen is EVE online. Yes, there are bots, but for me it still works fine. Basically, it is very similar to Warframe market, but it is in-game. I think that an in-game market of this kind would benefit the game GREATLY!

We all know that trade chat can be tedious as **** It takes dedicated hours of time to make plat. Yes, I do use warframe market but there are some issues there as well. Half the time the seller/buyer doesn't respond or isn't online even though it says they are on the website.

I think it would be fine to have a centralized market almost exactly like EVE's

yea id rather not have a market littered with bot accounts ruining the economy thanks.

anyone who says it takes hours of dedication to make plat is NOT using the trade chat properly - let alone efficiently -

the only exception is when one is looking for something EXTREMELY speciic like a riven with exactly x/x/x/x stats

an other exception would be that you are undervaluing what you trying to buy or  (which is extremely common in a free market) or expecting too much for what you want - a few seconds in trade chat and its keenly aware that most people are not update to  or just dont care to check for a reasonable price. but then wanna complain when it takes long to sell. 

Edited by Makunogo

2 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

Also this is not an auction house.

An auction house =/= ingame market.

Auction House = Desperate sale, every single item would be like 1 plat

Ingame Marketplace = You can buy and sell, at normal pricings. Yes markets do work, ive played quite a few games that had great markets. OSRS is a great example. 

There can be restrictions to insure, such as: Item sale amount limits, Trade amount limits per day(already a thing), MR restrictions (already a thing), time limits for items for sale if item is placed in a shop for sale.  

is it really so hard to tab out on the available sites?

what are they not doing that the "in game marketplace" does? no matter how you word it, it is basically the same thing. the only difference is an auction house automates the trades. 

and even if this was to happen. why would i want to post something that is only visible for say 24 hours when i can use warframe market and its up until i remove it. 

thats some backward thinking there.

in my opinion in order for an "in game market" to work it would have to function BETTER then warframe.market and the only way for that to happen is automation and we already know DE will not automate trading.

10 hours ago, Makunogo said:

is it really so hard to tab out on the available sites?

what are they not doing that the "in game marketplace" does? no matter how you word it, it is basically the same thing. the only difference is an auction house automates the trades. 

and even if this was to happen. why would i want to post something that is only visible for say 24 hours when i can use warframe market and its up until i remove it. 

thats some backward thinking there.

in my opinion in order for an "in game market" to work it would have to function BETTER then warframe.market and the only way for that to happen is automation and we already know DE will not automate trading.

It's not that it's hard.

First, Warframe.Market is a third-party site. It is not affiliated with DE or Warframe, so if you use that you're connecting your official warframe account to their off site (imo not a great idea).

Next, most mmorpgs have an ingame market of some sort. And, it works beautifully. The market thrives, it doesn't stifle growth. Great example: OSRS.  

All modes of trading/markets will have an item or moment when prices are somewhat lower or higher than normal, this is supply and demand.

IMO it's not "backwards thinking". I think it's odd to connect your account to an unaffiliated site just to set trade items, even though you seem against set trade. 

I never said automate the trades(but I'm not against setting items ingame for trading), hence the idea of a small clan shop, or simple market ui(ofc not with everything ingame) and maybe time limits. 

Honestly, I think DE can make a better ingame market than the third party site warframe.market. They don't have to automate anything. 

Edited by GrayFrequency

No thanks to an Auction House.

Easier trade means much lower prices. Muuuuuch lower. The ability to flood the market because of how easy it would be to trade would lead to the absolute collapse of the value of Platinum items.

It's far too disruptive to the market that's developed and been built around how Platinum actually is used now. It would need such careful handling that I just don't think it's at all feasible

As it stands, Warframe.Market is where it's at and, honestly, where I hope it stays at this point. I also once wondered why there was no AH in the game, but thinking about it, that's the most obvious reason.

33 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

No thanks to an Auction House.

Easier trade means much lower prices. Muuuuuch lower. The ability to flood the market because of how easy it would be to trade would lead to the absolute collapse of the value of Platinum items.

It's far too disruptive to the market that's developed and been built around how Platinum actually is used now. It would need such careful handling that I just don't think it's at all feasible

As it stands, Warframe.Market is where it's at and, honestly, where I hope it stays at this point. I also once wondered why there was no AH in the game, but thinking about it, that's the most obvious reason.

A marketplace is not an auction house.

I disagree with that, since trade chat is already easy. Some items are going to stay at a low price, because that is just the type of items they are. The less of an item, and more rare an item is, the more of a price it will have.

Games with examples of thriving market economies: OSRS(OldSchool RuneScape, best one just imo), EVE, WoW..

You say people will be able to flood the market, this can be limited by using the MR trade limit that already exists.

I think this game is large enough to handle an active economy. DE has done a lot of great work, and this would be another great addition. 

The plat value will not collapse.

I disagree. Warframe.Market is a third party website that you connect your warframe account to, to set items and trade. Why not have something ingame, and legit? Warframe could implement a market ui(they have item IDs in their databases, and stuff already so it would work).

A market ui with items that are already tradeable, MR trade limit like there is now for buying and selling(helps prevent said flooding), categories to sort through, maybe a time limit of sale(couple of days or less). 

Also some major mmorpgs didnt have an ingame market for a time. Not because it was a bad idea, but because of funding, servers, employees/team, etc. After all that there is usually a market implemented, and it does well. 

Edited by GrayFrequency

The current trade chat system coupled with looking at Warframe Market to get an idea of the price, is not player-friendly, to say the least.

Sure, we can imagine a system in the game, where players would put their WTS or WTB items, along with a price, and other players would click in to trade. Trade would be much easier. Number of transactions would likely go up.

But what about prices ? Frankly, I can't say if average prices would go up, or down, or converge to that 'supply/demand price equilibrium' economists love to talk about.

We'd likely go into some kind of stock market behavior, where people buy or sell based on what they think other people will think and do. Which is pure BS and has nothing to do with demand and supply (look at oil prices for example).

In the end - I think it's worth a shot. It would make players' life easier. And in the end, if that means lower income for DE, let's shut it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator said:

The current trade chat system coupled with looking at Warframe Market to get an idea of the price, is not player-friendly, to say the least.

Sure, we can imagine a system in the game, where players would put their WTS or WTB items, along with a price, and other players would click in to trade. Trade would be much easier. Number of transactions would likely go up.

But what about prices ? Frankly, I can't say if average prices would go up, or down, or converge to that 'supply/demand price equilibrium' economists love to talk about.

We'd likely go into some kind of stock market behavior, where people buy or sell based on what they think other people will think and do. Which is pure BS and has nothing to do with demand and supply (look at oil prices for example).

In the end - I think it's worth a shot. It would make players' life easier. And in the end, if that means lower income for DE, let's shut it down.

how would an in game market be any different though? like actually? the only difference is that it would be IN game.. im not really seeing much else.

how exactly is this "not player friendly" i think that is a rather subjective opinion at best.

from the points i've seen the only thing this offers is the ability to have one less thing to tab out of warframe to see.

as for the income i could only assume that an ingame market would need an active server running 24/7 which would cost them money to maintain. they also do not exactly earn anything from it either, people will still be trading via whatever the current means are, or make their own means. (reddit/forums/ect)

id like to add that i am not against the idea but from DE's POV its would seem not needed or necessary. it's a mere QoL that we can live without. and lets be real the warframe community wants QoL in just about Every single thing. (i mean that applies to most things) 

i think in order for any semblance of this to be introduced to by DE it would have to be feasibly the BEST method of trading. while also not dipping into DE's Pockets.

but i'm actually curious as i dont think anyone has actually mentioned. what exactly would this in game market actually look like in warframe? d

an improved maroo's bazaar? a new tab?  where would the market be placed?

Edited by Makunogo

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Pumba_Beneator:

The item prices are genrally attached to rarity and usefulness. It's fine to me.

And why would you like to see the player trade beeing shut down? Why do you want to influence other peoples gameplay? It doen't affect your personal gamplay. Whenever someone writes something like: Player trading is bad - I wonder what's the odd personal bias behind this?

I also don't think that it lowers the income of DE - beside the fact that I have other problems then breaking my head over their income, tbh. Beside that you shoulnd't forget that every plat that's beeing traded was bought by someone for real money. It's IMO a false conclusion to think no trade = more plat beeing sold. We shouldn't forget that Warframe's popularity is partially based on the fact that it isn't pay to win. Do you really think that so many people would keep on playing this game if they have to pay for a third frame in their arsenal? I don't think so.

• Like 1

Trade Chat in its infinitive form is a near, unintelligible mess (barring tags). Most Trade Plazas are empty save for the few afk hopefuls. Due to a lack of intuitive, comparable listings, unsavvy players are scalped daily with no realization or indication. 

Hence my request, can we get a digital auction house or trade listin in game? Have a tax to prevent junk listings. Include sortable columns and searchable fields, including the presence online. This'll facilitate trade, make pricing more competitive, and be a convenience for those not attempting to price gouge the desparate / lazy / inexperienced. 

Now for my second request, I request the addition of a commodities exchange. One in which materials like endo, cetus wisps, and kuva can be exchanged. Values can be quantified in something like platinum, thysts, auroxium (>θ.θ)> *gold*, et cetera for cross-referencing.

I am Not advocating an open barter system, but a system similar to real world securities with bid, asks, charts, and spread with fluctuating values based on supply and demand, except contained in Warframe. Buying and selling occurs anonymously and goes for market price for the closest bid at the time (+ or - spread).

I'm proposing an in game platform dedicated to resources separate from the aforementiomed trade listing proposition. Bonus pts for adding supply / demand / drop modifiers based upon in game world events, invasions, and other faction / world factors. For starters, look at the Galactic Market in "Endless Space 2."

Por exemplo, let us say the infested get beaten back repeatedly in invasions and there's a low float of mutagen samples on the market. As a reault, demand remains constant and supply just dropped, so price rises. People can sell mutagen samples at the new price to satisfy demand. Also the market may spawn a new meta due to a referential display of value. For example if the above conditions caused Mutagen Samples x15 rise to 5 platinum, then mutagen samples could be traded for thysts face to face in a dojo elsewhere, not in the platform (it's anonymous). Boring mats just went from a sobering reminder of extraneous grind to a whole other trade game. 

And we know what faction loves trade games... 

I for one think that the gui would be the most difficult thing to implement. Also, opening up and cleaning trade in warframe would be a huge plus. Thoughts and considerations anyone?

No. This game does not need an auction house, especially for resources. The economy in Warframe already has instability, and we don't need to make this worse. Resources should only be purchased from the market. Look at Plains/Orb Vallis resources. You can trade them for 1 platinum. Your idea has good intentions, but everything would be 1-2p.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekemeister said:

Trade Chat in its infinitive form is a near, unintelligible mess (barring tags). Most Trade Plazas are empty save for the few afk hopefuls. Due to a lack of intuitive, comparable listings, unsavvy players are scalped daily with no realization or indication. 

Hence my request, can we get a digital auction house or trade listin in game? Have a tax to prevent junk listings. Include sortable columns and searchable fields, including the presence online. This'll facilitate trade, make pricing more competitive, and be a convenience for those not attempting to price gouge the desparate / lazy / inexperienced. 

Now for my second request, I request the addition of a commodities exchange. One in which materials like endo, cetus wisps, and kuva can be exchanged. Values can be quantified in something like platinum, thysts, auroxium (>θ.θ)> *gold*, et cetera for cross-referencing.

I am Not advocating an open barter system, but a system similar to real world securities with bid, asks, charts, and spread with fluctuating values based on supply and demand, except contained in Warframe. Buying and selling occurs anonymously and goes for market price for the closest bid at the time (+ or - spread).

I'm proposing an in game platform dedicated to resources separate from the aforementiomed trade listing proposition. Bonus pts for adding supply / demand / drop modifiers based upon in game world events, invasions, and other faction / world factors. For starters, look at the Galactic Market in "Endless Space 2."

Por exemplo, let us say the infested get beaten back repeatedly in invasions and there's a low float of mutagen samples on the market. As a reault, demand remains constant and supply just dropped, so price rises. People can sell mutagen samples at the new price to satisfy demand. Also the market may spawn a new meta due to a referential display of value. For example if the above conditions caused Mutagen Samples x15 rise to 5 platinum, then mutagen samples could be traded for thysts face to face in a dojo elsewhere, not in the platform (it's anonymous). Boring mats just went from a sobering reminder of extraneous grind to a whole other trade game. 

And we know what faction loves trade games... 

I for one think that the gui would be the most difficult thing to implement. Also, opening up and cleaning trade in warframe would be a huge plus. Thoughts and considerations anyone?

No. 

Auction houses, work based on supply and demand. In this game the vast majority of things don't degrade. So there's no repair or replacement cost, to keep demand high. As demand drops, so does price. Soon enough you're just giving away stuff for almost nothing, because it's the only way to make any plat from your sales. 

And while I'm happy to see that the folks behind Endless Space are doing well, please understand that it's a very different game and the economy is not the same ours. You can't mine or manufacture your own Platinum. It's a premium currency that you (or other people) have to pay actual money for. If your auction house worked only on credits it would still be... problematic. Instead it works on platinum, so that's totally out of the question. 

1 minute ago, Falconer777 said:

If the developers paid attention to the auction and trading system in Guild Wars 2, and transferred some elements of such a system to Warframe, that would be fine. 

Also, no. For the exact same reason. It's almost as though people playing these vastly different games, with vastly different economies, can't figure out how the differences work. 

When is the last time you had to repair something in Warframe? 

It always amuses me when I see people descend on these threads like a pack of wolves, arguing about how an auction house is this awful thing which should never happen and why don't you search... When the game already has a fully-functioning auction house in warframe.market anyway. If any of the doom and disruption you guys attribute to an auction house or a consignment house were actually real, it would have happened years ago. All the lack of a proper trading system does in Warframe is encourage the use of a secondary market outside of DE's control or oversight.

• Like 1