Jump to content
Luciole77

Auction house system?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The discussion about this is over ūüėõ calm down ^^

BUT IM A TENNO AND NEED AWNSERS KJOAJMNTGU(PQAHUIODHSJI
:3
jk
jk


 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Double_C said:

my thoughts on the auction idea arent good.
with the amount of bots we have in trade chat already would make a lot of stuff toooo over priced in a auction house.

on the other hand trade chat is a god damn joke now.

but yeah there isnt one good golden solution for this.
As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts

we do have warframe market but its also a overpriced joke at times

you make a really good point that is unfortunately more true than i wish it could be. the bots, man the bots. i used to play pc mmos ALL the time. maybe too much tbh, but i rememebrr the bots just being unmaneageable. 

there was something you said, "As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts"
this
this right here, is so true. as someone who has played for years, and only relatively recently joined the forums a couple years back, i tend to lose sight of how changes effect the new players. im an Xbox Tenno, clearly by the thing by my name, so the bots.... we dont really have that issue on xbox. on pc though, i didnt even consider the ramifications that they could be wrecking on the trade chat. im not trying to call out or anything, but i think this exactly right here what you said is something that OP is struggling with. the trade chat. OG non plat glyph, first post on forums. theres no way for me to know but i suspect that OP is a new player theirselves. not bad. just an observation. but i think the weight of your words there are probably ringing true for them. i just wish that we could figure out a way to make it easier for them to love the game as we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)B1ueKarou said:

you make a really good point that is unfortunately more true than i wish it could be. the bots, man the bots. i used to play pc mmos ALL the time. maybe too much tbh, but i rememebrr the bots just being unmaneageable. 

there was something you said, "As a end game Tenno and need like 15 more prime weapons to 100% in the curent built of the game, I dont do a lot of trading unless I REALLY need a mod. 
So it wont effect me as much as say a MR 10 Tenno if we ever get a auction house or some sorts"
this
this right here, is so true. as someone who has played for years, and only relatively recently joined the forums a couple years back, i tend to lose sight of how changes effect the new players. im an Xbox Tenno, clearly by the thing by my name, so the bots.... we dont really have that issue on xbox. on pc though, i didnt even consider the ramifications that they could be wrecking on the trade chat. im not trying to call out or anything, but i think this exactly right here what you said is something that OP is struggling with. the trade chat. OG non plat glyph, first post on forums. theres no way for me to know but i suspect that OP is a new player theirselves. not bad. just an observation. but i think the weight of your words there are probably ringing true for them. i just wish that we could figure out a way to make it easier for them to love the game as we have.

every 120 sec the same people with the same long text's full of riven mods >,<
and if you say hi you dont even get a reaction some times. then later that day they reply? with something like
<"I was in a mission I didnt see it untill now"

>"Yeah for 2 whole hours... I see you"
Is actual MR 12.

no offence to mid MR players but at 12 you dont have the mods to run 2H games (more the endo you need to fill all the primed mods)

even I struggle to get to 2H in survival... solo, in ARB.
but thats not the point

point is trade chat sucks atm and there has to be something that makes it better for low MR players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marshallmeeps said:

I wish the Devs would just add a much more comfortable and convenient way of buying and selling items using platinum/etc.

current trade system is ok, even good, it's require some effort from player to get premium currency, and very robust in terms of inflation, it's a good free market

as for official implementation of "warframe market" I would say "yes, please", and even better if they do it in a game, so no need to switch by Alt+Tab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marshallmeeps said:

I wish the Devs would just add a much more comfortable and convenient way of buying and selling items using platinum/etc.

Wow, an entire page of responses, some barely on-topic and no mention of https://warframe.market/

ūü§®

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people appreciate how much stuff they'd be competing with if this idea existed.

It would be no easier selling your stuff unless you're willing to list everything you have for 1p each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colban said:


I have to disagree there. Warframe allowing the trading of premium currency makes it somewhat unique in a sea of other F2P offerings that force you to pay to acquire said currency, and it allows even more casual players to actually trade their time and effort for real, tangible kickback.


If they removed it, I think the game would be far worse off for it.

This.

And as for OP. No. This is just another "auction house" thread.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 18 minutes, Fenrys_Delta a dit :

We DO have an auction house. It¬īs called warframe.market. ūüėÉ

That's not auction house in real sense and situation is not as bad with them as it would be with actual auction house, it's pretty good and managable as it is, which is good.

There will always be someone who wants to ruin game economy, that person and go ahead and cry why there's no auction house. I really hope DE will never ever change their mind and keep ignoring these silly suggestions cause it would directly impact their income from selling platina, that's something they don't want and which could prove to be a problem if encountered.

Edited by CoreXCZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-23 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I don't think people appreciate how much stuff they'd be competing with if this idea existed.

It would be no easier selling your stuff unless you're willing to list everything you have for 1p each.

You're right. I just realized that things are fun the way they are already and I'm very glad that DE continues to push new things for Warframe :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-23 at 10:09 AM, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This.

And as for OP. No. This is just another "auction house" thread.

I thought I was the only one who caught that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current trading is so unique to all F2P industry that any changes should be very well discussed within DE. Situation we have now is quite similar to real-life trading of actual goods between individuals - just a simple free market - that I don't believe to actually be possible to upgrade in any way.

Auction house with public listings of everything in game - no. It will literally kill a big part of economy, the one I really enjoy - sometimes I launch Warframe just to make some platinum off... Trading itself. It is fun too - as for example making risky investments for high profits (I bought around 8 Primed Flows for ca. 50 platinum each mid-december just in hope I will sell them for 100 platinum each around mid-february - and what if Baro comes back with Primed Flow again? ahh... the thrill of a free market trader), or grinding half of a prime warframe, buying the remaining parts as cheap as you can just to sell whole set with profit.

 

TL;DR: Auction House would literally prevent making plat off trading in a traditional fashion - like buying something cheaper in the morning just to sell it higher in the evening when more players are online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-23 at 4:01 AM, (XB1)B1ueKarou said:

what? are you saying you havent earned your degree in cross planar, theoretical Leippodron physiology?
kappa

When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?¬†ūüėĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love an official ingame Warframe Market! ūüėĄ

It can be little clan shops(inside the clans of course), it could be a market UI, or something else. 

An ingame market is needed in this game. 

Everything doesn't have to be tradeable(stuff that's tradeable right now works including the mastery rank restrictions), and unveiled rivens can still be traded in chat, or maybe little shops(not with the market UI though).

 

(warframe.market does not count since it's a 3rd party entity, and i dont think the market should be a website outside of the game itself, hence "ingame")

Edited by GrayFrequency
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also this is not an auction house.

An auction house =/= ingame market.

Auction House = Desperate sale, every single item would be like 1 plat

Ingame Marketplace = You can buy and sell, at normal pricings. Yes markets do work, ive played quite a few games that had great markets. OSRS is a great example. 

There can be restrictions to insure, such as: Item sale amount limits, Trade amount limits per day(already a thing), MR restrictions (already a thing), time limits for items for sale if item is placed in a shop for sale.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish they’d remove inventory slots. It’s what every player, especially new players, fights with and it’s just not necessary in a game that’s all about hoarding gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best in game market that I've seen is EVE online. Yes, there are bots, but for me it still works fine. Basically, it is very similar to Warframe market, but it is in-game. I think that an in-game market of this kind would benefit the game GREATLY!

We all know that trade chat can be tedious as **** It takes dedicated hours of time to make plat. Yes, I do use warframe market but there are some issues there as well. Half the time the seller/buyer doesn't respond or isn't online even though it says they are on the website.

I think it would be fine to have a centralized market almost exactly like EVE's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really just love a "Trade Chat" and a "Plat Chat", where the latter is what Trade Chat is now and the former is a channel where everyone agrees the exchanges discussed therein will have nothing to do with plat. I just wanna trade Syndicate goodies folks, and we all get em for free. Don't be demanding 30 plat for an augment mod or an Arch-weapon part, that's just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I would really just love a "Trade Chat" and a "Plat Chat", where the latter is what Trade Chat is now and the former is a channel where everyone agrees the exchanges discussed therein will have nothing to do with plat. I just wanna trade Syndicate goodies folks, and we all get em for free. Don't be demanding 30 plat for an augment mod or an Arch-weapon part, that's just silly.

in a free market its not unreasonable to see things sell for higher then the average. 

also there is a filter option so u can see ONLY what u want which solves the "trade chat" not many people do item for item trades for it to be split anyway.

what it seems people want is some dedicated split which is just going to be a bunch of unnecessary dead tabs, people will just flock to the most active one, in your example you mention syndicate mods, thats an extremely tiny market

as for the post. we already have an official unofficial trading platform warframe.market for everything outside of rivens thats tradeable. and its alot very very reliable. rivenmarket (not riven.market) i believe has a function similar to warframe market, im not sure as i dont like the interface of that site so i dont use it.

it may not be what  they want but unless someone can pitch and AND implement (as in show something that can work)  in WARFRAME vs just make it auction house(because in warframe that simply just wont work for so many reasons that are extremely obvious i dont feel the need to mention then), its shouting on deaf ears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

The best in game market that I've seen is EVE online. Yes, there are bots, but for me it still works fine. Basically, it is very similar to Warframe market, but it is in-game. I think that an in-game market of this kind would benefit the game GREATLY!

We all know that trade chat can be tedious as **** It takes dedicated hours of time to make plat. Yes, I do use warframe market but there are some issues there as well. Half the time the seller/buyer doesn't respond or isn't online even though it says they are on the website.

I think it would be fine to have a centralized market almost exactly like EVE's

yea id rather not have a market littered with bot accounts ruining the economy thanks.

anyone who says it takes hours of dedication to make plat is NOT using the trade chat properly - let alone efficiently -

the only exception is when one is looking for something EXTREMELY speciic like a riven with exactly x/x/x/x stats

an other exception would be that you are undervaluing what you trying to buy or  (which is extremely common in a free market) or expecting too much for what you want - a few seconds in trade chat and its keenly aware that most people are not update to  or just dont care to check for a reasonable price. but then wanna complain when it takes long to sell. 

Edited by Makunogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

Also this is not an auction house.

An auction house =/= ingame market.

Auction House = Desperate sale, every single item would be like 1 plat

Ingame Marketplace = You can buy and sell, at normal pricings. Yes markets do work, ive played quite a few games that had great markets. OSRS is a great example. 

There can be restrictions to insure, such as: Item sale amount limits, Trade amount limits per day(already a thing), MR restrictions (already a thing), time limits for items for sale if item is placed in a shop for sale.  

is it really so hard to tab out on the available sites?

what are they not doing that the "in game marketplace" does? no matter how you word it, it is basically the same thing. the only difference is an auction house automates the trades. 

and even if this was to happen. why would i want to post something that is only visible for say 24 hours when i can use warframe market and its up until i remove it. 

thats some backward thinking there.

in my opinion in order for an "in game market" to work it would have to function BETTER then warframe.market and the only way for that to happen is automation and we already know DE will not automate trading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Makunogo said:

is it really so hard to tab out on the available sites?

what are they not doing that the "in game marketplace" does? no matter how you word it, it is basically the same thing. the only difference is an auction house automates the trades. 

and even if this was to happen. why would i want to post something that is only visible for say 24 hours when i can use warframe market and its up until i remove it. 

thats some backward thinking there.

in my opinion in order for an "in game market" to work it would have to function BETTER then warframe.market and the only way for that to happen is automation and we already know DE will not automate trading.

It's not that it's hard.

First, Warframe.Market is a third-party site. It is not affiliated with DE or Warframe, so if you use that you're connecting your official warframe account to their off site (imo not a great idea).

Next, most mmorpgs have an ingame market of some sort. And, it works beautifully. The market thrives, it doesn't stifle growth. Great example: OSRS.  

All modes of trading/markets will have an item or moment when prices are somewhat lower or higher than normal, this is supply and demand.

IMO it's not "backwards thinking". I think it's odd to connect your account to an unaffiliated site just to set trade items, even though you seem against set trade. 

I never said automate the trades(but I'm not against setting items ingame for trading), hence the idea of a small clan shop, or simple market ui(ofc not with everything ingame) and maybe time limits. 

Honestly, I think DE can make a better ingame market than the third party site warframe.market. They don't have to automate anything. 

Edited by GrayFrequency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks to an Auction House.

Easier trade means much lower prices. Muuuuuch lower. The ability to flood the market because of how easy it would be to trade would lead to the absolute collapse of the value of Platinum items.

It's far too disruptive to the market that's developed and been built around how Platinum actually is used now. It would need such careful handling that I just don't think it's at all feasible

As it stands, Warframe.Market is where it's at and, honestly, where I hope it stays at this point. I also once wondered why there was no AH in the game, but thinking about it, that's the most obvious reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

No thanks to an Auction House.

Easier trade means much lower prices. Muuuuuch lower. The ability to flood the market because of how easy it would be to trade would lead to the absolute collapse of the value of Platinum items.

It's far too disruptive to the market that's developed and been built around how Platinum actually is used now. It would need such careful handling that I just don't think it's at all feasible

As it stands, Warframe.Market is where it's at and, honestly, where I hope it stays at this point. I also once wondered why there was no AH in the game, but thinking about it, that's the most obvious reason.

A marketplace is not an auction house.

I disagree with that, since trade chat is already easy. Some items are going to stay at a low price, because that is just the type of items they are. The less of an item, and more rare an item is, the more of a price it will have.

Games with examples of thriving market economies: OSRS(OldSchool RuneScape, best one just imo), EVE, WoW..

You say people will be able to flood the market, this can be limited by using the MR trade limit that already exists.

I think this game is large enough to handle an active economy. DE has done a lot of great work, and this would be another great addition. 

The plat value will not collapse.

I disagree. Warframe.Market is a third party website that you connect your warframe account to, to set items and trade. Why not have something ingame, and legit? Warframe could implement a market ui(they have item IDs in their databases, and stuff already so it would work).

A market ui with items that are already tradeable, MR trade limit like there is now for buying and selling(helps prevent said flooding), categories to sort through, maybe a time limit of sale(couple of days or less). 

 

Also some major mmorpgs didnt have an ingame market for a time. Not because it was a bad idea, but because of funding, servers, employees/team, etc. After all that there is usually a market implemented, and it does well. 

Edited by GrayFrequency
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...