Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

The good thing about anthem its mostly the fact all the (Lotus/Reb/Mon) Cult B.S. will remain here and we will try the game because we can afford it and no because its the (shut up is free or leave) thing.

We can move to couple new game in the horizon and return every 12 month to play every new content for 3 week of warframe. 😄

Spoiler

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Edited by xcenic
  • Like 2

Its from EA so it’ll likely have the following:

1. Micro transactions (loot boxes maybe?)

2. A season pass (or multiple, who knows?)

3. Bad upgrade systems that likely ties into micro transactions or will be a grindfest to upgrade

4. “Pride and Accomplishment” 

5. An incomplete game at launch to meet deadlines so they can either patch it in with updates or sell it as DLC ONTOP of the DLC they actually planned for

6. A deluxe edition that gives instant access to gear that are unlockable via gameplay 

There’s so much ill will towards EA and they deserve it. I’m not excited at all for anthem. Take a look at how horribly battlefield V flopped; and that’s one of their flagship franchises. There’s also battlefront 2 which was infamous for its loot boxes at launch. Don’t get too excited for anthem. Given EA’s track record, it’ll probably flop as well

• Like 2

I hope Anthem is good, De tends to do really creatively well when it has serious competition..I also I hope it gets DE to make a Bursa based Warframe on par with Nidus and the Infested due to the mech designs Anthem is sporting...because there's still no new Armored Core game for the PS4 and that's a sacrilege right there...

Plus with Bungie's new announcement that it is parting ways with Activision...both Anthem and Titanfall 3 will be on notice with another large indie studio in the Sci-Fi shooter market and if Bungie can shake off the predatory monetization stigma...then player base of those two games might reap the reward of better business practices while EA pounds sand because it has to in order to be relevant...

Even if Anthem turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread I'm still not going to buy it because f*ck EA forever.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Its from EA so it’ll likely have the following:

1. Micro transactions (loot boxes maybe?)

2. A season pass (or multiple, who knows?)

3. Bad upgrade systems that likely ties into micro transactions or will be a grindfest to upgrade

4. “Pride and Accomplishment” 

5. An incomplete game at launch to meet deadlines so they can either patch it in with updates or sell it as DLC ONTOP of the DLC they actually planned for

6. A deluxe edition that gives instant access to gear that are unlockable via gameplay 

There’s so much ill will towards EA and they deserve it. I’m not excited at all for anthem. Take a look at how horribly battlefield V flopped; and that’s one of their flagship franchises. There’s also battlefront 2 which was infamous for its loot boxes at launch. Don’t get too excited for anthem. Given EA’s track record, it’ll probably flop as well

1. limited to cosmetics

2. no - only money purchase will be base game

3. no - see above

4. no idea what you mean

5. possible with the first part, no to the rest - see above

6. yes - legion of dawn edition which is mostly cosmetic

4 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

1. limited to cosmetics

2. no - only money purchase will be base game

3. no - see above

4. no idea what you mean

5. possible with the first part, no to the rest - see above

6. yes - legion of dawn edition which is mostly cosmetic

I’ll believe it when I see it. I don’t trust anything from EA. Battlefield 1 got good press for not having MT’s at launch only to put them in once everyone bought it. The “pride and accomplishment” is a reference to when EA tried to justify the loot boxes in battlefront 2 on Reddit which became the most downvoted thread in the website’s history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

EA has already announced that its Cosmetic only.

And you actually trust them?

Besides, MTX is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bulls*it monetization practices. Even if they keep their promise regarding MTX, there's a good chance they will lock great amount of content behind pricey DLC packs.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Pr1A said:

And you actually trust them?

Besides, MTX is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bulls*it monetization practices. Even if they keep their promise regarding MTX, there's a good chance they will lock great amount of content behind pricey DLC packs.

does no one read press releases - Bioware and EA have stated that the ONLY monetisation beyond buying the base product will be cosmetics which can be also be gained in game for no cost (obviously behind a grind wall). Any and all expansions will be released free of charge. Regardless of trust or not, that's the publisher AND developer's stated aim. Not delivering will impact on sales, and not even EA are that kamikaze = look at that very large and very free fix to BF2 that actually made the game worthwhile as evidence of a possible new approach.

from what i have seen from 2 IGN videos, sure, the open world it self looked great. But then this video :

^ IMO it's on par with what warframe had right now tbh. Not less, but not great either. I think I need to see Anthem's endgame's content and monetization first. So far, IMO there's nothing that makes it more than warframe.

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎10 at 10:58 PM, _Dan said:

Really excited for it, are you guys? 

Wait and see. 

It is pretty, but the gameplay isn't anything you haven't seen many times before and...there's the inevitable EA shenanigans to be dealt with. 

I'll be waiting for the actual 'beta' NDA to lift and see what people thought after the demo/beta/whatever ends. Hope for the best, expect the worst--and since EA is publishing everything is heavily weighted towards the worst. 

Wait and see. 

Wont buy any more EA games. I also very much doubt what they've said regarding future updates. There is likely a hidden part of it, they probably mean updates and DLCs will be free i.e content patches but the bigger expansions will very likely cost like they always do.

Either that or content releases will be few and far between to make up for being free after the initial B2P. Seriously, no game runs a B2P game with future free expansions. I highly doubt EA/BW will when others dont.

If anthem did good, this is a good thing, because competition is a good thing because this will encourage the developer to do their at making their more greater than ever.

This would encourage DE of how should they put and make their content.

Because most of the content in this game are lock behind time wall and huge RNG (most poe and fortuna stuff)

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Anthem will be released in February and is expected to rival Warframe. I have pre-ordered the game and don't then expect to return to Warfame, though never say never. I feel that the game has become stale and unenjoyable. I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'. No longer, and it isn't just the usual burnout, it has become a chore and because of this just a grind. I play as a means to an end but what that end is I don't know.

The last thing I want to see is the demise of Warframe but if things don't change I can see it happening. More enlightened players than me have ideas about the game's future, DE should listen and at least communicate with those players instead of cultivating their own online personalities. I doubt that this will happen but anyway DE, thanks for the ride and good luck.

• Like 4