Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

i must admit, anthem is doing something really interesting, taking some traits from destiny 2 and warframe (and by some i mean shameless ripping off from XD), if they dont fk up (remember, EA) i might consider moving on to that game, but only after the game gets released, and after at least 2 weeks when the reviews start to come up...

never pre-order games, you will always regret it, unless you dont care wasting money

there are a few things i have to say about the hype of anthem:

i thinks its character customization is going to be somewhat limited. because anthem is mostly going to have your character's head covered and first person in the hub, they are most likely going to apply presets of character faces or force players to play certain characters.

one other thing to take note of is that i have yet to see a male character in the Interceptor Javelin or a female character in the Storm Javelin, which could mean that the javelins are gender-locked. and while, yeah, the armor customization is impressive, i feel as if everyone is just focusing a lot of hype on the surface customization. everything else, other games have done. plus people are crazy to think that all customization options shown so far in streams are all going to be free with EA at the helm.

role-play also seems limited because i feel as if the game does not appeal to all play-styles or some play-styles are going to be more utilized than others. while the interceptor is ideal for a melee play-style, what if i want to be a heavy-sword wielding Colossus?

the thing about these new games and warframe is that these new games are obviously more polished. warframe has many abandoned features, to which i say if warframe were more polished (not necessarily reworked to be a different game) it can easily trump over these new games.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

I can only say... we'll see...

Atleast DE did listen to players... may not be everyone but I would say they do listen and try to change for the better. Most players say DE won't listen because DE didn't change the way they wanted. But I would say if community say the same thing all together, DE would make a change quickly.

For Anthem, I do interest a bit. But because what EA have done to Star war Battlefront. I can only say that I'll have to deploy wait and see strategy and not get my hope up even if they say they'll do everything DE and Warframe have done.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Meanwhile, I'll just sit over here, eagerly awaiting the news that EA has done it again and how everyone is so shocked that they would stoop so low.....

Is it even possible to go lower for EA than they are now?

As someone who is hesitantly excited for Anthem. You should not be going to it if you're tired of warframe. People keep making Destiny comparisons but gameplay wise, going by the dev's streams, it more akin to Mass Effect's MP meets Warframe. You go out, do missions, collect resources, get stronger, repeat. The only major differences being flight a core mechanic rather than glued on. And that you start out with a full campaign that will only last so long. And even then they are adopting a warframe-like approach to the story by releasing updates to it over time.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

hace 2 horas, (XB1)The Neko Otaku dijo:

Why is that when there's something in a similar stlye to warframe people are like "Omg ThIs tHe EnD of WaRfRaMe" you do realise that there can be multiple games in the same genre right?

no one is saying its the end of warframe, just that warframe this time may have real direct competition, destiniy wasnt a direct competition even though people just dont stop comparing them.

this time could be different, we are talking about a game that pretty much claims it can do what warframe is doing and better.

hell, in bioware streams when playing interceptor, they couldnt stop calling it the "ninja" all the time, meaning right now bioware is aiming at warframe's audience XD

Edited by Toppien

lol anthem a "rival" ..answer is no (EA ..its seriously easy to understand) 

the alpha was boring and very cludgy, it had good graphics, but the gameplay was not immersive or impressive

destiny was like that also , and we know how that turned out.... (destiny 2 rip, and most recent activision bungie split, activision also being investigated for fraud) 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

As far as I'm concerned, Anthem will never succeed with a company like EA publishing it, we're all just dollar signs to them and think of us as idiots who will blindly and stupidly spend money consuming their products. Bioware will never succeed with EA squeezing what little life might be left in their studio. 

Will it sell? Yeah it will, and most of those sales will be on console because that's usually how it is nowadays.

Will it be good? Probably not, Bioware is a shell of its former self and EA is a terrible company.

Will it give warframe a run for its money? Maybe, but we'll see OP back in two to four weeks once, what I can only assume is less than 30 hours of content is done, and EA has waited until sales roll in and the good reviews come out before they turn on micro-transactions and start trying to nickel and dime people with bullS#&$. 

I hope, at least for the sake of Bioware, that it is good and does succeed, but we've seen what EA does to developers. 

Edited by TheGuyver

hace 36 minutos, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 dijo:

Of course, but the topic is probably about the direction that Warframe is taking.

And you really think that DE not have nothing to say. 

DE deserve criticism, but i can not understand the cinical mentality of the vets and other complainers. Give it time, and good criticism about how is wrong and what is good. 

No just simple jump into the hate train (not you) and the oh DE no put content, only skins, the game is boring and it´s impossible create end game. 

I think that after 6 years, DE deserves at least the benefit of the doubt, or DE never improve the game, never react to the feedback.... etc 

3 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Please don't feel sorry for me, but thanks anyway.

It's just as well that I'm gullible and unprincipled otherwise I wouldn't be so stupid as to pre-order from EA. I just wish that they would treat me badly. Maybe they will and then I'll tell you all that you were right all along. I really do need a reason to agree with your opinions so I'm looking forward to the day. Enjoying their new game really has nothing to do with this, so please don't let that influence your opinions. But thanks anyway.

I think you took my comment a bit too seriously :p

5 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Anthem will be released in February and is expected to rival Warframe. I have pre-ordered the game and don't then expect to return to Warfame, though never say never. I feel that the game has become stale and unenjoyable. I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'. No longer, and it isn't just the usual burnout, it has become a chore and because of this just a grind. I play as a means to an end but what that end is I don't know.

The last thing I want to see is the demise of Warframe but if things don't change I can see it happening. More enlightened players than me have ideas about the game's future, DE should listen and at least communicate with those players instead of cultivating their own online personalities. I doubt that this will happen but anyway DE, thanks for the ride and good luck.

That EA crap better than Warframe? Lol bye don't let the door hit you on the way out!

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Give a few months and let it all self correct...I'm ready to wait for Bungie to come out with Destiny Reborn as a indie to see if they are more gamer friendly...if so then they'll put added pressure on EA to allow Bioware to follow suit...but, until that bridge is crossed I would be skeptical of anything that has EA attached to it...

That's likely not going to happen. Bungie went independent and entered a timed deal with Activision. Which probably helped them keep their new IP. They could choose whether or not the leave and change their current hit.

Bioware was apart of something that was bought by EA long ago back when they weren't as scummy. So I think technically EA owns Bioware. And EA is more likely to blame Bioware and kill it, rather than realize that they are the reason people don't want to buy the game. 

17 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

I hope, at least for the sake of Bioware, that it is good and does succeed, but we've seen what EA does to developers. 

I feel like they could dissolve the Andromeda team because they were like c-team. The ones working on Anthem are the main team who worked on the best parts of the other hits and still have the money makers like Dragon Age in their pocket. So that might maybe somewhat safe... Which is mostly just wishful thinking.

It's probably not going to be a bad game, but warframe has a few things that anthem won't and will never have. Things like easy accessibility with f2p and a dedicated dev team that produces weekly updates are probably the top on that list. I'm not saying it won't be a good game for a while, but you see how most devs work... they'll work on the game for a little bit post release and move on to the sequel. There's no chance for warframe to be rivaled by it, what might happen is you'll get on anthem and play for a few months, get all the content done, and then come back to check out the new warframe content.

You have to be completely oblivious to ignore all the fails EA has had from the last few years and then expect their new game to be magically better! Lmao lets count it out Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefront 2 gambling pay to win bs, Dragon Age fail, Battlefield V fail, and let's not forget the failure of Mass Effect Andromeda! The pay to win bs in all their sports games and you still pre-order their crap wow! This is why EA will never change because they know someone will always have selective memory and keep on buying into their crap! 

Yet if DE tried even just a quarter of what you ignored EA of doing you most likely would call DE the spawn of Satan!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

8 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Wondered when that totally original comment would emerge. Have you played Anthem yet? Neither have I. I've played Warframe a few times and can comment.

Have you played any EA game before from the last ten years? Remember Command and Conquer?, Sims 4? Madden? Mass Effect? Battlefield? Star Wars? Need For Speed? All the same! Anthem will be just like the rest and don't come back here and pretend that we didn't warn ya!

I can say that I've played nearly every game EA has made from the last ten years across many genres and platforms and I know what they have done to all of them!

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

5 minutes ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Wondered when that totally original comment would emerge. Have you played Anthem yet? Neither have I. I've played Warframe a few times and can comment.

It's EA. I know alot of people want anthem to succeed so bioware can get some support and make another dragon age but with EA losing stock in the millions as soon as anthem under performs for a sec EA is just going to strangle it to death to squeeze everything out of it's corpse.

• Like 3