Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

If this was in a few / many updates ago (like maybe back in the parkour 2.0 release days or even in the dark sector conflict ages), I might agree, since many people do pvp back then compared to current. But from what I see, a lot of people who like pvp has eventually left conclave due to the many issues that is discussed over and over on forums (just search it up, I am too lazy to explain them). While there are still pvp + pve players in wf, many who focused on pvp has eventually moved on, so while warframe might lose a few players, they will probably only lose... well... a few.

To some extent, its probably similar to saying if overwatch keeps lucioball as a permanent mode, warframe will lose players because people who plays lunaro leaves considering the current state of pvp on warframe in general.

Been playing the Anthem Demo. Much better than I expected. Character control is extremely fluid(still not as clutch as warframe) and graphics are beyond godlike. Visually the game makes warframe look like an 8bit game. With that said it isn't an alternative to warframe. Not quite. I'd be worried if it was, it wouldn't kill warframe but it would most definitely cause some damage. But luckily it is more like hellgate london than it is like warfame. Classic rpg loot and grind system with some crafting thrown in. The Jav concept is similar to warframe but more like an actual character class(I highly doubt there'll be more than 4 javelins anytime soon) but much more indepth custimization both in terms of cosmetics and abilities. It definitely has warframe beat in that regard. But then like I said, there will never be 30 javelins in the game. 

Will I be buying it ? Most likely and yes it will reduce my time spent in warframe sure until it gets boring. That is the beauty of warframe, there is always something compelling about the game for a revisit.

Edited by White_Matter

Lose of possible players, thats what I mean. 

Players who would otherwise play Warframe will simply ignore it or change it for Anthem, if that game has working PvP.

Lose of POTENTIAL future players is still a HIT to DE future finansess. 

Yes, people don't come to Warframe to do PvP. SO A LOT OF PLAYERS IGNORE THE GAME OUTRIGHT!

Look up what are most sucessful online games right now. Guess what? All of them are PvP based.

Destiny had PvP, and good one at that... didn't seem to kill Warframe though.

Like many people here mentioned, Warframe is not a pvp game. People who came to Warframe for PvP most likely LEFT ALREADY.

Also, it is doubtful that Anthem will get any form of PvP.

And since I am in the oracle mood, let me give a "prediction" here - a lot of people (including warframe players) will try Anthem. play it for a month or 2, run out of things to do (inevitably), and the game will take a popularity dive. Then Warframe will bring out another content update, and everyone will come back to Warframe for a time, and spend some more plat... while Anthem will try to sell characters and cosmetics in an already 60 dollar game.

• Like 3

Most people are here specifically to play a PvE game. In my case, the lack of PvP makes it an even sweeter deal, cause I won't have this nagging feeling that the best gear is locked behind PvP, like I felt in all other MMOs I've played. The 5 Warframe players wanting PvP in Warframe won't be missed if they move on.

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

People don't come to WF for PvP. 

Your assertion is invalid. 

This doesn't make any sense

-- Almost every MMO contains pvp

-- WoW

-- Destiny

-- Warframe

and many more games

Why shouldn't they come for Pvp instead of Pve .. 

You are not alone on this planet . just saying there are so many players active and not only for Pve

as long the game contains some kinda player versus player 

you should add both or 1 of them to the table as an disscusion

----- look at lunaro its an mess to begin with but its there . and there is conclave . build to be pvp ----

so he made an solid point there .. Pve & Pvp warframe .. what else :thumbup::satisfied:

1 minute ago, -_Highlander_- said:

This doesn't make any sense

-- Almost every MMO contains pvp

-- WoW

-- Destiny

-- Warframe

and many more games

Why shouldn't they come for Pvp instead of Pve .. 

You are not alone on this planet . just saying there are so many players active and not only for Pve

as long the game contains some kinda player versus player 

you should add both or 1 of them to the table as an disscusion

----- look at lunaro its an mess to begin with but its there . and there is conclave . build to be pvp ----

so he made an solid point there .. Pve & Pvp warframe .. what else :thumbup::satisfied:

Less than 2% of the playerbase engages in Warframe's PvP. Every major PvP update has had its associated modes die within a week. It's safe to say people don't come to the game for it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Less than 2% of the playerbase engages in Warframe's PvP. Every major PvP update has had its associated modes die within a week. It's safe to say people don't come to the game for it.

Thats because

Major rework is needed if warframe's pvp wants to be alive again .

Bigger maps .. This gets my vote #1

The maps they have now are way to small .. claustrofobic small 

The bigger the map the more challenge it can be ..

Devs should play more pvp games outside warframe and see if they can do it better

With only mod's you arn't there as an pvp player ( pvp need more than mods )

Maby some Ai in the fields like ( the index has atm ) for if some people can't find an group to play with

Now you need to wait an long time before you can enter any battle (so far as i know but it can be diffrent on you guys )

---- Devs need to stop making new content for Pve or they should give an certain team an new role to trow at the table for pvp ---

There are many idea's that players have these days 

Only if an couple of devs would take an look at that idea's and use some of those idea's

Maby conclave can be great again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

-snip-

Or, hear me out, this is going to sound like a radical idea: They could not do that, and continue making content for the parts of the game that actually draw in and retain players. Namely, the PvE. I've been around for the addition of four separate iterations of PvP (Dojo Duels/Conclave 1.0, Dark Sector Conflicts 2.0, Conclave 2.0 and Lunaro), and not once has the effort DE's put into the system been rewarded with a proportional influx and retention of new players. It's time, I'd say, to accept that PvP is simply not a thing that works for this gameplay style.

Also, cut it out with the italics. They're meant to be used for emphasis or quoting, so seeing the main body of your text in them is an eyesore.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Also, cut it out with the italics

However, I agree with your comment so far

This italic expression .. I use to be more friendly .. at least, I'm trying

You can not tell me what I can or can not use to make my comment a bit more pleasant

I could do this with rainbow colors if needed, but I would leave it on the side because it can do more harm than not ..

so yes, I continue to use italics as a friendlier approach to the extent that I need it

there is no other font that I can use ... unless you can tell me where to find different fonts that I can use here instead whats in the top left corner

- Devs if you reading this pls add more fonts to the forum -

p.s and no iam not using Italic every day 

-google translate why do you fail on me:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

However, I agree with your comment so far

This italic expression .. I use to be more friendly .. at least, I'm trying

You can not tell me what I can or can not use to make my comment a bit more pleasant

I could do this with rainbow colors if needed, but I would leave it on the side because it can do more harm than not ..

so yes, I continue to use italics as a friendlier approach to the extent that I need it

there is no other font that I can use ... unless you can tell me where to find different fonts that I can use here instead whats in the top left corner

- Devs if you reading this pls add more fonts to the forum -

p.s and no iam not using Italic every day 

-google translate why do you fail on me:facepalm:

As I said, italics are for a specific purpose. "Looking friendly" is not it. Use plain text like the rest of us.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Let me correct my self. 

If Anthem get's good PvP Warframe will no longer get new players.

That is a fantastic joke. Conclave is not the selling point of Warframe.

I don't see why people are comparing these games at all. This is equivalent to "Watch Dogs might make GTA lose players." Warframe is Warframe, and Anthem is Anthem. Digital Extremes runs their game how they see fit, and EA will likely "harpoon the whales" for more money as someone said earlier in this thread.

• Like 5

Stalker Mode is coming this year. 

Dark Souls proved that invasions and normal PvP have little to do with each other. There are TONS of players even now who invaded in Dark Souls 1 and some people even made custom servers to invaded in Demon Souls which no longer have official servers (for years now). 

I DOUBT players will leave this mode since it is finally a bridge between PvE and PvP. And exacly how do players even "leave" such mode? If Stalker Player could invade any Public mission like in live streams, then only way to even "kill" game mode would be for all players to never use Public matchmaking ever again.  Which won't happen.

I simply hope that Stalker Mode which sounds like ton of fun could bring some players back to Conclave and DE could fix big issues that Conclave has now.

Edited by Aramil999
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joltyboi said:

youre going under the assumptions that

A: people give a S#&$ about PVP

B: people cant play more than one game

No.

Im going by assumption that games with PvP are more popular = have more players, (which is a FACT check Steam charts most daily played games, LoL is biggest game ever etc.)

More players = more money for DE,

DE wants more money,

More money for DE = more and better content.

Prove me wrong? Which of this is wrong in ANY way? 

1 minute ago, Aramil999 said:

No.

Im going by assumption that games with PvP are more popular = have more players, (which is a FACT check Steam charts most daily played games, LoL is biggest game ever etc.)

More players = more money for DE,

DE wants more money,

More money for DE = more and better content.

Prove me wrong? Which of this is wrong in ANY way? 

the fact that if you make a post about PVP about warframe almost all responses are against PVP and want DE to focus on the PVE aspect of the game? not all games need PVP

and again, people can play multiple games, if anthems good hell yeah ill get it, but im not leaving warframe, ill still play and love warframe as much as i always have

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

(which is a FACT check Steam charts most daily played games, LoL is biggest game ever etc.)

Warframe is currently sitting at number 6 on daily players for games on steam,  and number 2 for top sellers for f2p. So, Warframe is doing just fine in the free to play department for sales and is in the top ten for players. That's mighty impressive considering it's a pve focused game. 

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Aramil999 said:

@Joltyboi yes I know 95% of forum users will hate on Warframe PvP, but suprisingly 80% of players I asked on region chat and all my warframe friends said that they would LOVE to try out Stalker Mode PvP.

thats stalker mode, not the full blown normal PVP experience, stalker mode in warframe is basically gonna be dark souls invasions

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Warframe is currently sitting at number 6 on daily players for games on steam,  and number 2 for top sellers for f2p. So, Warframe is doing just fine in the free to play department for sales and is in the top ten for players. That's mighty impressive considering it's a pve focused game. 

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. 

Ekhem? Loses badly to top 5. 

Isn't most played game on steam. 

Most of the BIGGEST PvP games are NOT on steam. Fortnite, LoL.