Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

9 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Warframe now has some decent competition, luckly Anthem is pure PvE game as of now. If EA adds some good form of PvP into it.... then I don't see myself and all and friends in Warframe anylonger. 

LYCKLY Stalker Mode (playing as Stalker and invading public missions) is coming this year (info from Rebbeca - Prime Time #233) so maybe that will fix this problem for good. 

What are your thoughts fellow Tenno? Should Conclave get more focus? Or Stalker Mode is only way to improve PvP in Warframe? 

Yes I know it is mostly PvE game but killing the same stupid AI bullet spoonges FOR YEARS is a good way to get burned out by game and change it. PvP on the other hand is not so easy to get bored with EVEN in mostly PvE game such as World of Warcraft, Diablo series, many other MMORPGs, Destiny etc.

I feel like EA/Bioware is going to be much more occupied with fixing their servers and for a company who's agenda is "games as a service" the launch of their demo for people who paid to get early access to said demo, was pretty much a joke.

If you ask me, that doesn't bode well for any (if at all) plans for PVP in Anthem. Because afaik the base game is not shipping with it.

And decent competition? Mmm, in terms of graphical fidelity, Anthem's got Warframe beaten there hands down. No denying that. But there's not much else that exudes a "competitive edge" on the part of Anthem.

Anthem has the possibility to become decent competition for Warframe. I'd welcome that because if it manages to do that, then it surely will light a fire under DE's ass. But it's EA/Bioware.

I have no expectations of that company.

7 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Fortnite

XD

7 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Loses badly to top 5. 

its still in the top 10, and even if anthem does well, its EA, that alone is gonna put people off and they arent gonna have nearly as much players as the game could have based on that fact alone

Edited by Joltyboi

Just now, Aramil999 said:

Ekhem? Loses badly to top 5. 

Isn't most played game on steam. 

Most of the BIGGEST PvP games are NOT on steam. Fortnite, LoL.

And yet warframe is still doing fine. It has been doing fine for the past 4 years. Your argument is warframe should focus on something that isn't and hasn't been the selling point of the game in order to compete with a game that is currently in a demo phase that isn't getting pvp on launch.  Sure, it may come in the future but guess what, it won't affect warframe directly. Because people can play more than one game and enjoy more than one thing. 

I'm gonna quote this for hilarity

10 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

@Joltyboi yes I know 95% of forum users will hate on Warframe PvP, but suprisingly 80% of players I asked on region chat and all my warframe friends said that they would LOVE to try out Stalker Mode PvP.

Just because 80% of the 10-20 people you talk to say they want something, doesn't mean it's what the entire playerbase wants. Just like how the forums here only make up a small percentage of the player base. 

So again, you don't know what you're talking about. You're not some prophet. You're not an oracle. You're just a random player who can't read trends and has said what other doomsayers said before. And you've all been wrong.

*Gasp* You're saying that my favorite game that is PvE focused will lose players because this new games PvP is in an acceptable state?! Whatever shall I do? It's not like EA is going to DDoS themselves by accident, drown the player-base with toxic microtransactions that make the game Play-to-Win, and then yell at the players for being entitled when the game goes half a year without any updates. Whatever will Digital Extremes do about such a totally-original and 100% inspired masterpiece that will in no way be ruined by one of the most notoriously greedy and detached publishers in Video Game history! Whatever shall we do?!

What's with the binary mentality?    People can play multiple games, you know?  Like, what prevents somebody from playing Warframe AND Anthem?
Other than one if free2play, offers its own stand-alone launcher if somebody doesn't want to run it through any distribution platform?  

and the other which is pay2play and will very likely be exclusive to Origin client on PC?  That the publisher is EA does not help either, their reputation is in the crapper; this will result in people being EXTRA critical on whatever they release from now on.

There is nothing to compare here to say they are in competition to each other. Their business models are different.
People who want to play PVP in Warframe but realize it's not great, they don't abandon the game.  They do their pve stuff here, and when done they go play pvp in any other game. Because CHOICES!  Shocking, I know! :thinking:

I tried a little bit of the VIP demo and so far I'm not a fan. The controls are my concern and the enemies are bullet sponges. I like that Warframe gives only a smaller health bump to the badies but instead of making bullet sponges they have more a d a wider variety...makes you feel more like a badass

2 hours ago, madbrayniak said:

I tried a little bit of the VIP demo and so far I'm not a fan. The controls are my concern and the enemies are bullet sponges. I like that Warframe gives only a smaller health bump to the badies but instead of making bullet sponges they have more a d a wider variety...makes you feel more like a badass

This is inaccurate.

Warframe does not give a small bump to enemy health, they scale infinitely. Warframe's enemies are bullet sponges, especially the Grineer.

If you're concerned about bullet sponges in Anthem you should be playing on the lower difficulties, in which case the only sponges are those that have weakpoints.

I'm also not seeing the difference in variety.

Flying enemies, shield enemies, sniper enemies, turret enemies etc, it's all the same.

The VIP demo wasn't mind blowing ofc, but I'm not seeing why people feel the need to hold Warframe up on a pedestal as if it's so much better, at the end of the day, it's too soon to be making such claims.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

Gameplay wise, this Demo is either very bad at presenting a depiction of what the game will be like - or the game is actually going to be standing around waiting for Timers while you Kill some random Trash Enemies that you might or might not bother Killing because they're irrelevant. and then a traditional Boss here and there.
(RE: that is not a cry to the Industry to make everything an Exterminate/Eliminate Mission - don't force me to Kill every little pointless waste of CPU Cycles Enemy, make Enemies that are exciting to defeat and make you want to defeat them by their personality, actions, threat to you as a Player, Et Cetera. lame Enemies don't make for exciting Gameplay. don't make lame Enemies)

i only have time in my life for one game of that type, even though i would prefer no games like that.

i also don't like that every new game as a service or long term, big budget game for the next half or full decade is going to be mostly a clone of Destiny - i'm not surprised, it's the most successful Retail title at this current time so just like before Destiny, everything tries to be whoever is #1 in their category, as well as a lot of games in other categories. but i have little patience for the Industry doing the same thing over and over where something is at the top of the bracket, and so everyone else does the same things as that because if they're doing it, obviously it's the best thing to do. >.>

it looks pretty, but i would hope people don't buy a game as a service type of game just because it is pretty. since that's not what a game as a service is mostly selling, eh? it's selling 10,000 hours of whatever it wants you to be doing.

On 2019-01-24 at 1:21 AM, DeMonkey said:

They've explicitly said no lootboxes on or after release. Whether this holds up remains to be seen, but I'm not sure they can afford the backlash from lying.

just like how every big game has made the promise of not selling Stats/Power? and that none of them have ever kept that promise. nor do i expect any would, it's just bad business to not sell Power.
just as it's just bad business for big budget Retail games to not sell stuff through Mtx.

On 2019-01-24 at 11:00 AM, Sloan441 said:

Do not preorder this game!

why would you pre-order any new game? :)
the only pre-order you can be confident in is of a game that already exists, which only kindof happens as Ports, and even that is debatable if that even counts.
and then there's investing into ideas - but ofcourse there's no such thing as investing into games that have big money investors already(ala already have their funding).

Played the demo in PC and it had ALOT of issues according to most players, for me however, the only issue was the eternal loading screen but im kinda used to it now cos host migrations amirite? 😉 regardless it was fun. It kinda felt like flying an archwing in a grineer forest tileset. Also which starter did you guys pick? I started with collosus cos it looks so bad a**. It felt fun using a flamethrower with a tesla tower in your shoulder behind a big wall of a shield. All in all it was a fun experience if you are willing to look past its rough edges. It was not a perfect gameplay but fun regardless. Glad to know that Warframe has a little bro with alot of potentials. I rate it 6.5 murkrays 😄

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

just like how every big game has made the promise of not selling Stats/Power? and that none of them have ever kept that promise. nor do i expect any would, it's just bad business to not sell Power.
just as it's just bad business for big budget Retail games to not sell stuff through Mtx.

Like I said, "remains to be seen". All I did was provide information and express skepticism of said information, just as you are.

For what i have seen, since i didn't get the VIP thingy, they DDoS themselves at first, which made the game impossible to go inside, Host migration got nothing on that infinite loading screen XD

But game-play wise, it seems much more slower then Warframe, very "Destiny 2"-ish, like, it seems heavier, more robotic, apart from that it seems like a cool game, i still have a huge bias to Warframe but it seems to be a game worth trying if EA and Bioware dont start releasing paid DLCs every right and left.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

But game-play wise, it seems much more slower then Warframe, very "Destiny 2"-ish, like, it seems heavier, more robotic

That's one of the things I like about it. Leaping into the air with Rhino and slamming to the ground doesn't really 'feel' all that powerful, or heavy. Hell, you can slide as you land and there's absolutely no indication you've landed at all.

Slamming to the ground as a Colussus though, oh boy does that feel impactful. Fingers crossed the Open Demo runs smoother, you'd think they'd have some idea of how many people are going to be trying to get in now, but it is EA.

Letting your entire system go down, Origin and websites included, is not something that should have happened.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Warframe is fast passed

Anthem likely will be as well, when everyone's gotten used to the controls a bit more.

I mean, there's an agile melee Javelin that really can zip around. From what I saw of that suit, it's fast paced.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Anthem likely will be as well, when everyone's gotten used to the controls a bit more.

I mean, there's an agile melee Javelin that really can zip around. From what I saw of that suit, it's fast paced.

I mean overall, from what i have seen, enemy's take some hits before going down, while Warframe is a horde game, like, you kill 20, 40 appear, kind of deal.

Haven't played it, but combat wise, it looks promising tbh. I like how the javelins can combo each other by priming enemies and then combo it with something else. Different combo has different results, which sounds great! Something that warframe kinda lack.

I think it suffers the same weakness as warframe, though which is: repetitive. Well, kinda depends on the person, if the player is the type of guy that doesn't mind doing the same mission again and again I think it's fine (kinda like warframe players. Well, at least me). But what do you, @Castlefrost, the one that already played the game, think about it?

Oh and have you tried the stronghold? How was it? IMO if Anthem have a decent endgame content, gameplay wise it might be on par or maybe slightly better than warframe.

Can't wait to try it out myself. Hopefully the infinite loading and the lag issues will be solved.

Edited by kingvaldemir

Honestly I loved it.  Demo was obviously a very limited experience so I can't comment a whole alot about the lore and quests, etc, I can however say that the gameplay itself(movement, combat, etc.) is pretty amazing. Way above my expectations. If warframe is 10/10 in terms of smoothness and clutchness of the movements, Anthem gets a 8.5-9 which is still pretty outstanding. It feels like it is a 3rd person Diablo with character controls and combat more akin to warframe with a huge verticality element on top of it.

Here is what I said about it in another thread

Been playing the Anthem Demo. Much better than I expected. Character control is extremely fluid(still not as clutch as warframe) and graphics are beyond godlike. Visually the game makes warframe look like an 8bit game. With that said it isn't an alternative to warframe. Not quite. I'd be worried if it was, it wouldn't kill warframe but it would most definitely cause some damage. But luckily it is more like hellgate london than it is like warfame. Classic rpg loot and grind system with some crafting thrown in. The Jav concept is similar to warframe but more like an actual character class(I highly doubt there'll be more than 4 javelins anytime soon) but much more indepth custimization both in terms of cosmetics and abilities. It definitely has warframe beat in that regard. But then like I said, there will never be 30 javelins in the game. 

Will I be buying it ? Most likely and yes it will reduce my time spent in warframe sure until it gets boring. That is the beauty of warframe, there is always something compelling about the game for a revisit.

1 hour ago, kingvaldemir said:

Oh and have you tried the stronghold? How was it? IMO if Anthem have a decent endgame content, gameplay wise it might be on par or maybe slightly better than warframe

They actually promised alot for Endgame content, and looking at the difficulty scaling system(easy normal hard, and then grandmaster tiers)they might be telling the truth.

Edited by White_Matter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

This is inaccurate.

Warframe does not give a small bump to enemy health, they scale infinitely. Warframe's enemies are bullet sponges, especially the Grineer.

If you're concerned about bullet sponges in Anthem you should be playing on the lower difficulties, in which case the only sponges are those that have weakpoints.

I'm also not seeing the difference in variety.

Flying enemies, shield enemies, sniper enemies, turret enemies etc, it's all the same.

The VIP demo wasn't mind blowing ofc, but I'm not seeing why people feel the need to hold Warframe up on a pedestal as if it's so much better, at the end of the day, it's too soon to be making such claims.

Ok, so I'm in accurate. I played the demo and that's how I felt about it...it's called an opinion.

I'm not holding Warframe up on a pedestal but I am saying that picking up Warframe and playing it is more fun for me. I'm going to try the open demo of anthem still but at this point I think it's a game that needs a controller as I did not care for K+M controls with my short amount of playtime.

I don't have much time to play games and it looks like Warframe will also be an easier game to jump into and play a mission and get out.

19 minutes ago, madbrayniak said:

Ok, so I'm in accurate. I played the demo and that's how I felt about it...it's called an opinion

I was arguing against the things you stated, not your opinion.

Saying that Warframe has more enemy variety isn't really an opinion, it can be quantified and proven true or false. As it currently stands the enemy variety is incredibly similar and that's just what's been seen in the demo. 

Same for saying that Warframe enemies "only get a small health buff", which is again, not an opinion, it's utterly backwards.

What exactly does trying to hide behind "it's just my opinion" solve?

• Like 1

It's a game. Published by EA. That's a red flag big enough to cover a continent, so, I'm gonna stay as far away as possible. Based on the videos I've seen, it doesn't look that impressive either, so, I'm not missing anything. So, if anyone enjoy it, good for you. I'll be in Kamurocho though. Sounds/Looks like I'll have a much better time with Pocket Circuit than with Anthem.

• Like 2