Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I was arguing against the things you stated, not your opinion.

Saying that Warframe has more enemy variety isn't really an opinion, it can be quantified and proven true or false. As it currently stands the enemy variety is incredibly similar and that's just what's been seen in the demo. 

Same for saying that Warframe enemies "only get a small health buff", which is again, not an opinion, it's utterly backwards.

What exactly does trying to hide behind "it's just my opinion" solve?

It's not hiding. Based on what I played in the demo it seemed like Warframe had a better variety.

Based on where I am in Warframe(not far) it seems to scale better.

17 minutes ago, madbrayniak said:

...it's a game that needs a controller as I did not care for K+M controls with my short amount of playtime.

This was something I saw repeated over and over again watching various streamers play the game.

The KB&M controls suck--at least so far. Although this screams consolization on the surface, the game runs poorly on base consoles. We're talking sub-30fps as the rule and sometimes much less. The PS4Pro and particularly the XB1X should do better, but I only saw one streamer identify his use of the Pro (it looked OK). This might be further optimized before launch, but that's only three weeks away. The open beta/demo/whatever should prove illustrative on this point.

Connectivity and stability was very poor. It improved somewhat over the weekend, but, again, the open beta/demo/whatever should further illuminate any issues here. It's obvious the game is being rushed out. 

The world looks very nice indeed. It's just empty. Very empty. The javelins look good (if you like the chicken legs) and the customization is very good. You'll have lot of time to look at them, since there's not much else to look at. More might be added, but we saw the same thing with Destiny--and nothing changed from beta to launch. Maybe other areas are different, but I wouldn't care to bet on it. 

The gameplay loop was pretty cool. It does look like there's fun to be had, if you can keep a group together and connectively holds up. It's essentially Mass Effect multiplayer in an open world. The flight model is simply badass and integral to good play. The Interceptor in particular has a wow-factor in operation that...thing looks cool, no question. Balance between the javelins was a little suspect, but this is par for the course with this sort of game and changes will happen. It's a looter/shooter ARPG and that was definitely going on. 

Fort Tarsis was a mixed bag. The central storyline characters (well, the one you saw) were engaging and well done. Supporting characters...you've seen them before in ME:A. Seriously. Also, the place seemed superficially busy, but on closer look not much was going on. It's not AC:O in this regard. 

The game was extremely buggy. This could be expected in a beta, but, again, it's obvious this is being rushed out. Not reassuring. 

There are monetization schemes in the works. A few streamers had screenshots of a market screen with pricing for in-game and premium currencies. Of course, the "demo" had an economy all its own with nothing to do with what will ship, so this doesn't help one get a handle on how EA plans on making their money past the cost of admission. The bait and switch nature of this is worrisome; it is EA after all.  

Next week's (think it's next week) open beta/demo/whatever should be interesting. 

Yes it's open next weekend Feb 1-3.

I had huge issues with the 95% load screen. The short mission I was able to get in was with a couple others and once we were done with the first part the game didn't load the next objective.

I do like that some YouTubers have been saying that the loot grind is more like Diablo but time will tell. I was hugely optimistic about this game...WAS, now I'm just "wait and see".

It looks really fun. From what I’ve seen the combat pace is similar to destiny but a little bit faster. The playable characters have this really metallic, iron man feel to them, and the environment is gorgeous.

I think the game will do well at launch, but the future of the game will depend on the decisions of the developers. Hopefully EA has learned their lessons from previous titles. 

As for warframe, don’t worry too much about the continuity of the game. The two games share many simularties but they are  not at all the same. 

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

They actually promised alot for Endgame content, and looking at the difficulty scaling system(easy normal hard, and then grandmaster tiers)they might be telling the truth.

huooo nice. Can't wait to try it out myself. Some warframe youtuber also said it's good (if it's working). The price tag is kinda high though, so I better off wait to play the demo myself and wait like a month or two after all reviews are out to decide whether i'll buy it or not.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The fact that it requires PS+ is a non-starter for me.

Honestly I hate Sony for that, being charged just to play with other people? This wasn't a thing on the previous generations, why is it a thing now?

That is genuine greed.

My experience was actually great. Bunch of Clanys and Allaince members will be getting, so I'll probably get it too. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

But game-play wise, it seems much more slower then Warframe, very "Destiny 2"-ish, like, it seems heavier, more robotic,

To me it felt more "tactical". Reminded me of Mass Effect a lot. And I enjoyed the Mass Effects. Also I felt powerful, the combo sys is pure genius and the customization was some of the deepest I've ever experienced. Especially all for just a demo. 

That said if a demo was just the preview of what we will get, I think it will be a over all good investment. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Honestly I hate Sony for that, being charged just to play with other people? This wasn't a thing on the previous generations, why is it a thing now?

That is genuine greed.

XBONE has something similar (if I'm not mistaken). It's a requirement to play with others even in Warframe. At least that is not the case on PS4. But yes, it's all about the Benjamins now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

it feels impactful wen you use the Rhino Stomp XD

I could feel concussion from the ranger ultimate through my screen. And when the Colossus fires off his...let just say I could feel the heat of those nukes through my screen. 

Also Colossus is STRONK!

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

25 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That is genuine greed.

Until you do your homework and see what it genuinely costs.  Companies aren’t in business to lose money.  And 1991...heck even 2001...that was a long time ago.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Until you do your homework and see what it genuinely costs.  Companies aren’t in business to lose money.  And 1991...heck even 2001...that was a long time ago.

What cost is there in allowing you to connect to other people? I mean, you're already connected to PSN when the internet is plugged in, and Sony don't host gaming servers themselves. What "cost" is there for Sony in letting me connect with other people? And why was this cost not apparent during the Ps2 and Ps3 days, for which both the consoles and games were cheaper than the Ps4 and games.

• Like 1

didnt play it heard EA DDOSed themselves had a good laugh at that game looks neat probably would play the colossus knowing EA they are going to screw with it some how i can feel it
gunna wait a month or more to see if they pull some black ops 4 shenanigans further down the line after the reviewer wave has passed since thats been a thing ive noticed wait for the review sights to give it all good reviews and then put the transactions in since most sites are far to lazy to change their reviews and jsut make a different news article about it 

with EA track record of game releases i feel something is coming in general for the game indestry since is starting to look like a repeat of the game crash in 1981-83 but instead of bad over saturation of games its bad/greedy games with worse customer treatment some more for getting to the wallet and making the share holders happy then delivering you content bethesda cant stop falling down the stairs with fallout 76 Blizzard has activision yanking its collar to spend less make more money Ea had battlefield 5 actively insulting its player base though development and launch party and they are probably going to want anthem to sell really well to get them out of this rut or its just gunna fail id estimate 10 mil or more

Edited by seprent

1 hour ago, seprent said:

didnt play it heard EA DDOSed themselves had a good laugh at that game looks neat probably would play the colossus knowing EA they are going to screw with it some how i can feel it
gunna wait a month or more to see if they pull some black ops 4 shenanigans further down the line after the reviewer wave has passed since thats been a thing ive noticed wait for the review sights to give it all good reviews and then put the transactions in since most sites are far to lazy to change their reviews and jsut make a different news article about it 

with EA track record of game releases i feel something is coming in general for the game indestry since is starting to look like a repeat of the game crash in 1981-83 but instead of bad over saturation of games its bad/greedy games with worse customer treatment some more for getting to the wallet and making the share holders happy then delivering you content bethesda cant stop falling down the stairs with fallout 76 Blizzard has activision yanking its collar to spend less make more money Ea had battlefield 5 actively insulting its player base though development and launch party and they are probably going to want anthem to sell really well to get them out of this rut or its just gunna fail id estimate 10 mil or more 

At this point, a major industry crash would be more than welcome. Perhaps it would eliminate at least some of the awful anti-consumer practices, corrupt journalism and other bulls*it that runs rampant these days.

Edited by Guest

I was pretty critical of Anthem before the demo, but I'm actually impressed. I started on the second demo day, so I didn't encounter too many bugs, just mainly the loading screen like everyone else but that's easily worked around.

They made the world gorgeous. The javelins and weapons didnt leave much of an impression on me, i only liked storm ,there really isn't a lot of variety between the rest. The weapons are as I thought: generic and reskins, all look and feel the same as opposed to warframe, that's where warframe will always win.

That aside, it's a beautiful engine and massive world with MMO style lootshooter, so I'll play it for the couple months that it stays relevant. If it does implement an economy like warframe however, it will thrive, but I'm sure EA is too greedy for that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

At this point, a major industry crash would be more than welcome. Perhaps it would eliminate at least some of the awful anti-consumer practices, corrupt journalism and other bulls*it that runs rampant these days.

ubisoft is kinda in that list too but thats mostly their methods of Good concept poor execution i want to say you can at-least see them trying so i dont harp on them too much 
when/if this crash does occur i just hope warframe has a umbrella just in case i feel it should be fine but i worry abit but yeah the titans will fall down and have to restart along with other companies and hopefully they learn from the experience some of the lesser titans are not all bad and they might get caught in the fall out 

1 minute ago, konvic21 said:

I was pretty critical of Anthem before the demo, but I'm actually impressed. I started on the second demo day, so I didn't encounter too many bugs, just mainly the loading screen like everyone else but that's easily worked around.

They made the world gorgeous. The javelins and weapons didnt leave much of an impression on me, i only liked storm ,there really isn't a lot of variety between the rest. The weapons are as I thought: generic and reskins, all look and feel the same as opposed to warframe, that's where warframe will always win.

That aside, it's a beautiful engine and massive world with MMO style lootshooter, so I'll play it for the couple months that it stays relevant. If it does implement an economy like warframe however, it will thrive, but I'm sure EA is too greedy for that.

im still pretty skeptical yeah it looks nice kinda  blend of Andromeda/destiny combat systems and i hope the game launch is well and hope EA dont cut it if it doesnt make the sales figures they want it to have Ea is just the publisher and bioware is the devs? kinda thing thats always bugged me why does the publisher have this much say in what goes into a game another company is developing to the point where some publishers kill the game/series because they wanted some more money out its fanbase

21 minutes ago, seprent said:

Ea is just the publisher and bioware is the devs?

It makes no difference whatsoever, EA owns Bioware. They might as well rename it to EA Edmonton, but obviously they want to keep the original brand as a distraction.

Actually if Anthem gets PVP and it's good and it starts to make EA money..and then Anthem's PVE get's short changed, because c'mon it's EA they'll just pounce on that..

I can see the Anthem PVE players doing what the Destiny PVE players did in Destiny year 1 when content was gated off to them and PVP was the main focus...Them coming to Warframe, which is known for it's PVE...So I'm fine with that exchange of players from PVP and PVE just finding their own niches away from each other,...and just maybe for once they'll be happier without each other...

I'm waiting for the open demo, but I was shocked to learn there is no text chat, even in the PC version. Some claim it's in order to comply with a law, but that same law requires voice chat have STT, which they don't seem to have, so it would make no sense to use that law as an excuse not to have text chat when you're clearly not complying with the law anyway in your voice chat system.

For PC gamers, no text chat will be a deal breaker. Many people either don't want to use or can't use voice chat and will essentially have no way to communicate at all. I expect many who buy the game but haven't been keeping up on any details of it will be blown away by having no text chat in an online PC game that has a lot of group content. It's just the most insanely poor development choice I've ever seen made in gaming history if it's going live without such a basic feature. I expect it will result in a lot of refund demands from PC gamers.