Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

8 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

I'm waiting for the open demo, but I was shocked to learn there is no text chat, even in the PC version. Some claim it's in order to comply with a law, but that same law requires voice chat have STT, which they don't seem to have, so it would make no sense to use that law as an excuse not to have text chat when you're clearly not complying with the law anyway in your voice chat system.

For PC gamers, no text chat will be a deal breaker. Many people either don't want to use or can't use voice chat and will essentially have no way to communicate at all. I expect many who buy the game but haven't been keeping up on any details of it will be blown away by having no text chat in an online PC game that has a lot of group content. It's just the most insanely poor development choice I've ever seen made in gaming history if it's going live without such a basic feature. I expect it will result in a lot of refund demands from PC gamers.

Not necessarily. To be honest I can't type that fast and as multiplayer Anthem is defo more tactical than WF, voice chat is a better option for coordination. Of anything it gives me a valid excuse to get a headset. 

So I was lucky enough to play both PC and Xbox versions of the VIP demo (as well as the alpha when it was released). Like others, day one release was frustrating to say the least. I got more connection joy from the console version than the PC version which leaves me to believe that EA and/or Bioware prioritised consoles over PC. Why? trying not to speculate but i'd hazard a guess that the most amount of pre sales were console and that's where they expected the traffic. They then embarked on a key giving spree which most likely was taken up by PC players. But any how I got to play 2 versions to contrast and compare. 

so I'll deal with the first question - as an initial impression, is the game enough to take me away from WF? No. It has exceeded my expectations but not lived up to my hopes. It's a competent RPG light loot collecting MMO that looks stunning, handles like it should and provides enough challenge without me rage quitting in disgust. However, it very clearly has one target audience in mind, and that's not this community. This round displayed enough for me to log on during the open demo to check out more features and gears, and as long as they fix the server side issues, I can confidently say I'll be uninstalling D2. To summarise, if I had to equiv the game to a popular SF franchise - WF is Dune, hard to get into but when you do, you're a lifer; D2 is like the Starwars prequels and successors, promising much but a hot mess in the main except a few bits; and Anthem... it looks and feels like the Ironman trilogy, light on the outside till you dig a bit with enough of a story to keep you entertained. I'd say time and resource wise, I've got enough capacity to keep and play both Anthem and WF. However D2 is dead to me.

Now which version - the console version ran a solid 30fps with no stuttering and looked optimised. It was as beautiful as the PC version and most likely a bit more stable. The real question will be player population. As with it seems quite a few console based or versions of MMOs, player count can be an issue. Having said that, the console demo was well populated and I always got a squad with in a min of launching on day 2 (after the patch).

The PC version was a lot messier. I initially ran it on full feature mode until it started stuttering on the enemy heavy set piece scenes. After turning it down to medium, there was a drop in graphical fidelity but it still looked good and more importantly ran 50 - 60 fps dependent on workload. I'd say for those that want to replicate that scene in Ironman 2 with stark and Warmachine squaring off against the drones, then PC is your choice.

That's all I got for now. 

Edited by Kidkilla

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

It's essentially Mass Effect multiplayer in an open world.

i would have to suggest that it would share similarities with Mass Effect Andromeda - of which that honestly is quite distinct compared to the original trilogy. Combat is played considerably different. not good or bad, better or worse, but quite different.
Anthem, basically only shares Priming and Detonating Ability mixtures with the original trilogy. 

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

There are monetization schemes in the works. A few streamers had screenshots of a market screen with pricing for in-game and premium currencies. Of course, the "demo" had an economy all its own with nothing to do with what will ship, so this doesn't help one get a handle on how EA plans on making their money past the cost of admission. The bait and switch nature of this is worrisome; it is EA after all.  

we can surmise what's likely to happen, as precedence always speaks loudly - there will be Mtx on release, if there is enough backlash at the way it is presented, it will be pushed backwards a bit. if the backlash is especially vicious, it will be removed a little while after release.
either way the house always wins. the profits from Mtx existing are great, even if they are removed later for PR reasons. in other words, removing Mtx is a win-win. brownie points for 'listening', and profits from scheming.

openly and to not anyone in particular: Mtx in Video Games has an incredibly sharp downward trend past release (or a major update if applicable). because of this since the dawn of time fact, removing Mtx after a few months from a big title, costs little to nothing in potential profits to do. all of the money has already been made.

• Like 1

The gameplay was fun but the 95% loading bug was a big issue that they really need to fix asap. Besides that issue, the shooting mechanics and flight mechanics were both better than that of Warframe imo. Just my personal opinion, but even despite the terrible mouse controls on PC, the actual flight animations/mechanics were better than archwing. You didn't feel like you were sliding around everywhere like with archwing. Turning felt natural, unlike with archwing. Also, I enjoyed the gunplay much better than in Warframe. Also, the customization system was in-depth. The game has much potential and there are certainly things DE can draw from it for Warframe (particularly the flight model).

• Like 1

For pure players they will stay in warframe but with nothing to support them. And then in short time 50% warframe players will com to playe anthem,game will bee improve like all big games. 30 are just dont playe warframe anymore because they board and 20% players will playe that playe just full free... and who care to give 60$ for cosmetic if can have for 50€ full new game... what you all think?

18 hours ago, seprent said:

im still pretty skeptical yeah it looks nice kinda  blend of Andromeda/destiny combat systems and i hope the game launch is well and hope EA dont cut it if it doesnt make the sales figures they want it to have Ea is just the publisher and bioware is the devs? kinda thing thats always bugged me why does the publisher have this much say in what goes into a game another company is developing to the point where some publishers kill the game/series because they wanted some more money out its fanbase

Same reason record companies liked to sign artists, then start telling them what to do, what kind of music to make and write as many hit singles as possible.

Not only that, when one kind of artist became popular, they'd try to sign up all similar acts, to get a monopoly on whatever the new trend was...even manufacture bands, if they had to.

This led to the music industry being full of sub-par generic soundalike acts. The record industry pretty much killed their golden goose and its why older artists make more money from touring & merch, while newer acts benefit from streaming subscriptions / downloads, as fans prefer to pick & choose individual tracks, rather than buy full albums.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Game is visually stunning. Played it through the weekend and went back to warframe and my face was like that in the Drake meme.

Man I wish Warframe did more overhauls to the graphics.

Warframe's graphics are laughable at best, they really need to ditch this barely working game engine and switch to something good with stunning visuals and good optimization.

On 2019-01-28 at 6:56 AM, Aramil999 said:

Stalker Mode is coming this year. 

Dark Souls proved that invasions and normal PvP have little to do with each other. There are TONS of players even now who invaded in Dark Souls 1 and some people even made custom servers to invaded in Demon Souls which no longer have official servers (for years now). 

I DOUBT players will leave this mode since it is finally a bridge between PvE and PvP. And exacly how do players even "leave" such mode? If Stalker Player could invade any Public mission like in live streams, then only way to even "kill" game mode would be for all players to never use Public matchmaking ever again.  Which won't happen.

I simply hope that Stalker Mode which sounds like ton of fun could bring some players back to Conclave and DE could fix big issues that Conclave has now.

Watch last devstream where they play stalker mode and watch the part where they join and "Host connection lost" greeted them. Since this game is peer to peer people can just make settings on their side to block or kick joining player. This happen in dark souls too. Doesnt sound too good isnt it.

On 2019-01-16 at 11:11 PM, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Anthem will be released in February and is expected to rival Warframe. I have pre-ordered the game and don't then expect to return to Warfame, though never say never. I feel that the game has become stale and unenjoyable. I currently play with two profiles, one has 2729 hours played and the other has 4355 hours. I have also spent hundreds of £and have enjoyed, for the most part, that 'investment'. No longer, and it isn't just the usual burnout, it has become a chore and because of this just a grind. I play as a means to an end but what that end is I don't know.

The last thing I want to see is the demise of Warframe but if things don't change I can see it happening. More enlightened players than me have ideas about the game's future, DE should listen and at least communicate with those players instead of cultivating their own online personalities. I doubt that this will happen but anyway DE, thanks for the ride and good luck.

What give up WARFRAMe for ANTHEM? I got over 5500 hrs and spent over 7000 USD but i never lose faith on WARFRAME , 2019 is where WARFRAME going to evolve again.. It ok if u want to leave wish u the best but dun regret.. I dare t say ANTHEM will not up to that standard, it true the graphic is better but overall WARFRAME can did better because DE card... Bye forever and dun ever come back...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fugana said:

Warframe's graphics are laughable at best, they really need to ditch this barely working game engine and switch to something good with stunning visuals and good optimization.

WF graphics are fine and the engine is pretty optimised, a lot more so than it's supposed competitor D2

2 hours ago, Fugana said:

I have to agree.

It was pretty good 5 years ago and despite all the improvements DE implemented through out the years, it doesn't cut it anymore. 

i have a blast with DEmo. I really going into anthem full time after i finish kingdom heart 3. I dont #*!%ing care an skin cost 20$, i will spend my money on anthem as i spend 20$ for unvault and prime access. 

Beside the 95% loading screen, the game itself was amazing. Totally going into it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Game is visually stunning. Played it through the weekend and went back to warframe and my face was like that in the Drake meme.

Man I wish Warframe did more overhauls to the graphics.

Warframe's graphics are mediocre compared to Anthem, you just can't compare the two, WF is far below Anthem at least in that aspect and the deep customization options. Also, warframe already felt like plasticframe, but now it feels more so after playing Anthem for me.

8 hours ago, xcenic said:

i have a blast with DEmo. I really going into anthem full time after i finish kingdom heart 3. I dont #*!%ing care an skin cost 20$, i will spend my money on anthem as i spend 20$ for unvault and prime access. 

Beside the 95% loading screen, the game itself was amazing. Totally going into it.

Yup, spending my money on Anthem cosmetics. Welp, you already get the legion of dawn skins, but yeah more armor pieces would be awsome to add to the collection.  Fashionframe is too lame for my taste to spend money on. Anthem looks epic.

Edited by ---HaydenTenno---

absolutely loved it, i decided to use the interceptor and their speed feels so good. the weapons each feel really different, the only problem i encountered was the infinite loading glitch quite a lot, but i honestly didn't mind. the missions felt long and worthwhile, as did Tyrants Mine, and i ended up carrying quite a lot of people on the first 2 'silence the relic's, mainly the first one with the 'end-skip' as i call it (flying from the echo drop-off point to the top of the shaper relic by going round the back), the interceptors ultimate feels good and deals enough damage in the 10 seconds its active in, and even overheating feels good as it isn't just a straight drop down but actually forces you to think about how you want to land and where, i played on Xbox which meant i had one of the longest waiting periods. i'm a little sad there weren't more underwater area's though as even water controls feel good, but i wish you drowned a little quicker, as that bar goes down so slowly!

3 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Luckly Warframe will get big PvP update this year! Stalker Mode yey.

If they don't put some stupid walls or limitations that will bring lots of new players. 😉

I very much question what you're basing this on, as the current track record for every single PvP focused update has been terrible. The existing community has also lambasted Stalker mode and the majority (considering the everything PvP is barely played by 1% of players) have pretty much already said they're gonna turn Stalker mode off when or comes. DE themselves have acknowledged that Player Stalker is gonna be turned off by the majority of players. There is very little that could be done to make PvP decent and wanted,  and anything that could be done at this point is SO not worth the investment of time and resources it would need.

39 minutes ago, ---HaydenTenno--- said:

Yup, spending my money on Anthem cosmetics. Welp, you already get the legion of dawn skins, but yeah more armor pieces would be awsome to add to the collection.  Fashionframe is too lame for my test to spend money on. Anthem looks epic.

The fashion deep on anthem is way other level. jsut imagine Mixing armor parts with different material and different color each part. Also armor state kill me since i liked to be coverted on dirt. Truly amazing customization. 

• Like 3

@Atsia in Prime Time #233 Rebbeca said that it will be coming this year. Scott said that it most likely will be forced on all public missions so only way to opt out is to go solo or with invited players. Most players WILL use public matching anyways so mode won't be "dead on arival" as you suggest.