Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_Dan

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

4 hours ago, Gnlstorm said:

How can u judge a game just by looking? ThE full games is still not release so how can u know it great? because of graphic? warframe is improving the graphic. because of combat? warframe will shine after melee3.0 currently warframe combat also look good as well u train well. movement? dun need to compare warframe movement is one of the most unique and best. customization? tbh warframe customization is better u saw those fashion player make their warframe so nice looking and the anthem skin is not looking nice. What i want to say is u can like the game maybe because it suit your style but never never said it better because DE truely shown us warframe still can evolve and warframe still haven reach their final form....

did you play WF way back when it was first released? I did, and boy was it awful. But it has improved through hard work and the constant comms between fans and devs. However to get it to this point also required a few fans to see enough potential to get through founders stage (effectively paying for the first copies) and then a few more fans sticking with it to make it financially viable.

Now Anthem is a AAA game - made by an industry name and published by an industry power house. They've chosen to not go down DEs financial model because it simply doesn't fit what they're trying to do which pay once for the base game and all other story led expansions of which are already working on, will be free. I'm willing to judge the game on the basis of an alpha, a demo and further exploration of the game this weekend when the open demo is released. It doesn't mean i'm going to drop WF, it simply means i'm going to approach my leisure time like an adult. My advice - leave others to their personal choices. 

On 2019-01-29 at 8:46 PM, ---HaydenTenno--- said:

Warframe's graphics are mediocre compared to Anthem, you just can't compare the two, WF is far below Anthem at least in that aspect and the deep customization options. Also, warframe already felt like plasticframe, but now it feels more so after playing Anthem for me.

Anthem has serious Slowdown problems and to use high level setting you need an high end graphic card.

15 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

1: warframes a free to play game, anthem isnt

2: that was annoying with the bloodshed sigil, but that was just for people who wanted it early and people who were going to buy garuda, at least you can get that in game now (now what ide fully agree with you on because, as far as i know, DE hasnt said well be able to get it any other way, is the awesome ship decoration that comes with the baruuk bundle)

3: you can get the cosmetics in anthem for in-game currency instead of being forced to pay for them? when was this revealed?

1) What's your point? I don't personally think that excuses the bloodshed sigil.

2) Again, I don't see the point. It's still a virtually worthless cosmetic made to be the centrepiece of an expensive bundle. I consider anyone who says they got value for money a liar as far as the sigil is concerned (which is certainly bitter of me), and the situation to be a darn sight shadier than microtransactions in Anthem.

"Here, look at this great and unique cosmetic you can purchase. Timed exclusive to the bundle!"

Purchase it, realise that you need to take 50 billion damage for it to be noticeable, regret purchase.

3) Recently "leaked".

People are crying about the premium cost of the skins, but seemingly overlooking the fact that they can be bought in game, and that afaik none of us actually know what the price of the premium currency is.

hace 10 horas, -_Highlander_- dijo:

:crylaugh: EA + Bioware

its like activision crawling on them knees back to bungie

we all know how that goes

No pvp in Athem .. well thats an big bummer for the fanboys

This hype won't last long

for what ive been investigating the pve is really good, the demos are trully old verions of the game, idk why bioware is giving such a bad first impresion by not presenting the latest version, but the game is much much better than in the demos, and its big according to various sources, with really extended loot, they even have legentary ability modules that modify how stats and mechanics for those abilities work, the big city actually changes as one progresses though the main story, and the 20$ cosmetics are full sets (they are bundles)

theres no need really for a pvp mode, to begin with, bioware isnt known for making pvp

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

1) What's your point? I don't personally think that excuses the bloodshed sigil.

2) Again, I don't see the point. It's still a virtually worthless cosmetic made to be the centrepiece of an expensive bundle. I consider anyone who says they got value for money a liar as far as the sigil is concerned (which is certainly bitter of me), and the situation to be a darn sight shadier than microtransactions in Anthem.

"Here, look at this great and unique cosmetic you can purchase. Timed exclusive to the bundle!"

Purchase it, realise that you need to take 50 billion damage for it to be noticeable, regret purchase.

3) Recently "leaked".

People are crying about the premium cost of the skins, but seemingly overlooking the fact that they can be bought in game, and that afaik none of us actually know what the price of the premium currency is.

truth, though i'm not as salty about the bundle as you. Overall I've noticed this tendency to get tribal about games when there's no need. I routinely cycle through 6 games at a time (unless I'm playing a rpg) to keep sane. If I purchase Anthem (which is looking very likely), it'll join in that rotation. Hasn't stopped me from supporting WF at all as I still log in and play everyday.

15 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

truth, though i'm not as salty about the bundle as you.

Not even sure the salt is aimed at the bundle, or as you said, people getting tribal.

I dislike the whole "everything EA does is monstrous" and "everything DE does is amazing" perspective displayed by some, even unconsciously.

The bloodshed sigil, on release, was a shady deal, but DE get away with it because they're DE.

Bioware practice transparency and, whilst there are microtransactions, they don't appear to be required to get the cosmetics at all.

And yet they're eaten alive.

4 hours ago, Toppien said:

for what ive been investigating the pve is really good, the demos are trully old verions of the game, idk why bioware is giving such a bad first impresion by not presenting the latest version, but the game is much much better than in the demos, and its big according to various sources, with really extended loot, they even have legentary ability modules that modify how stats and mechanics for those abilities work, the big city actually changes as one progresses though the main story, and the 20$ cosmetics are full sets (they are bundles)

theres no need really for a pvp mode, to begin with, bioware isnt known for making pvp

I would believe more in Bioware than in EA

But because EA is involved in this.

This game does not last long ( if it comes to the hype train ).

They made many mistakes over the years (* it's all about profit EA and do not give a dime about their community) SWBF example

- You know how they say .. if it looks too good, it is often too good to be true -

And Pve always looks good, but that's it ... while most of us already expected pvp in Athem. promotion videos showed it more like a Pvp than a Pve

.. Bioware made to many misstakes on making Mass Effect it ended really bad (and this is going to happen with Athem)

.. EA thinks like a Loot Box and $ signs (Never have they learned to adjust themselves without profit lootboxes .. Gamble purpose

- No, this is not a coincidence, there is always something secret going on behind EA that will prevent Athem from becoming a real success

As I said, the Athem hype can not last long

But if you like Athem, continue. I will not stop you from playing it .. but I have been warned over the years not to jump too high for 2 companies willing to let players suffer for their ideas

(1 of the many reasons why the EU decided to ban those corrupt lootboxes from games like SWBF (Star Wars Battle Front) because they did more harm than good
(community became upset on a scale that goes beyond anger

As soon as Athem has enough players ... there are problems around the corner

This happened many times with many games from companies such as EA

--- Warframe is transparent ---

That is something that I can not say about Athem

I'm sorry if I'm skeptical

I'm sure I'll see some Athem streams twitch over time and have my fingers crossed in the hope that I've got this wrong.

If iam wrong, this would be the first game in history that changed after releasing so much garbage

When a striped fox does not lose its pranks :facepalm:

2 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

while most of us already expected pvp in Athem.

Which is your mistake, as it's PvE-only status was announced months ago. Just a few weeks after the gameplay reveal, IIRC.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Which is your mistake, as it's PvE-only status was announced months ago. Just a few weeks after the gameplay reveal, IIRC.

yeah my misstake .. 

iam glad that iam beeing missinformed so you can trow that back gg

never ever iam going to buy Athem only becuase i have beeing missleaded .. just as bungie did towards there community

10 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

yeah my misstake .. 

never ever iam going to buy Athem only becuase i have beeing missleaded .. just as bungie did towards there community

Mislead by whom?

The information was there.

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

yeah my misstake .. 

They said early on that there would not be any PvP at launch, and that nothing was planned. If you believed there would be PvP, that's on you. You mislead yourself. No one else was expecting it.

15 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Not even sure the salt is aimed at the bundle, or as you said, people getting tribal.

I dislike the whole "everything EA does is monstrous" and "everything DE does is amazing" perspective displayed by some, even unconsciously.

The bloodshed sigil, on release, was a shady deal, but DE get away with it because they're DE.

Bioware practice transparency and, whilst there are microtransactions, they don't appear to be required to get the cosmetics at all.

And yet they're eaten alive.

It's a track record thing, for the most part.  DE has been pretty good overall with some major missteps, EA has been almost the exact opposite, really bad overall with a few not-quite-as-bad points.

It's also less about Bioware and more about how much EA is going to force Bioware to monetize it to death before shutting them down like they have countless time before.

Maybe it won't be too bad.  But expecting the monetization to be terrible is absolutely a reasonable assumption based on past results.  EA has crippled progression before in order to make buying things with cash more appealing, and claiming it'll be just cosmetics will only last as long as EA can keep itself from forcing them to put power in the cash store because it'll make money.  Coupled with Anthem already starting at full price, and you have a pretty grim forecast.

hace 15 horas, -_Highlander_- dijo:

I would believe more in Bioware than in EA

And Pve always looks good, but that's it ... while most of us already expected pvp in Athem. promotion videos showed it more like a Pvp than a Pve

im sorry but...

tenor.gif

when in hell theres been anything in traillers or gameplay videos that sugested there was going to be PvP? XD

seriously wtf? dude

On 2019-01-30 at 7:51 PM, bibmobello said:

Anthem has serious Slowdown problems and to use high level setting you need an high end graphic card.

Yeah, that's because it's graphics are more intensive, much more than Warframe. And it visually looks better than Warframe, hence why it's more graphically intensive.

Well, tomorrow the open demo starts. I am hoping that I can take time this weekend when the kids are taking a nap to try it out again. The VIP Demo I got in because Nvidia was giving out some free keys and I managed to get one.

Honestly, I want this to be a good game. I get the hate for EA and I no longer get Battlefield games because I know once I get it they will announce a DLC/Expansion and then after I get that they will announce the next in the series and everyone playing those games pretty much moves on to the next one rather than continuing on with the same game they already have. That is part of the reason I like games like TF2 and Warframe because people keep coming back to it and the developer still shows love for their titles.

Supposedly Anthem is going to get a similar treatment but time will tell. Honestly, the premise of the game is promising for something that has a longer life. For crying out loud the missing "gods" are called "Shapers" and they left behind their tech in the world of Anthem. Bioware could quite easily release a cinematic every once in a while that shows that some machine got turned on and the world split in 2 or the climate zones changes or a new creature was created....etc. 

I'm concerned about the microtransactions but time will tell if they are as bad as they could be. I don't mind them in Warframe because its F2P and so when I buy something its because it's a game that I have spent time in already and I want to continue playing. Paying $60 for a game and then continuing to pay for the game isn't what I really want to do unless I start putting a significant amount of time into it.

I bought Mesa Prime Access a few days ago and just tried the Anthem demo for about 30 minutes - no regrets about spending the money on Warframe. I'm not saying Anthem is a bad game by default, it just wasn't a good game for me. My main issue was that the movement felt too heavy / slow / sluggish to enjoy the gameplay.. also only 4 javelins so I'd most likely get bored quite fast.

Tried the demo today. It's ok, not bad. Found quite a few issues and glitches, lost progress on a freeroam mission once for no reason. Also the loading times, oh my god the loading times.

Didn't plan to buy, and the demo didn't change that. Will play a bit more on the weekend.

Also, I didn't find it similar to Warframe at all. The combat has a vastly different feel.

I tried the demo today but after a rough 15-20 min when I figure out I can do nothing in the game and there were no chat options (I don't have mic and does not use voice chat) I just sum that game is not for me. Seems buggy boring in some part and the move system is clunky. In the first days warframe was much easier to learn about how to play than this. The limitations on the demo is not really make me want to buy the game same like the wow free to play up to level 20.

Also no matter what preferences used and followed the tutorial most of the functions just does not worked at all so this game probably will be skipped by me like the destiny 2.

I liked the demo. It didn't run too well, but that might just be me needing to change the settings or upgrade my GPU. But the shooting was fun. The flying/movement system was actually better than Warframe in my book. It didn't look as cool as parkouring and bulletjumping, but getting from A to B was very fluid and was definitely the highlight for me. All in all yeah I'll absolutely play it at release.

27gbs for the demo that's gonna be fun on my 3mbs potato connection.

I miss the days when you could go to a store and buy a box that had DVDs in it.

Or better yet when your PCGamer magazine came with a CD that had free demos.

So... I tried the demo. Said tried, cause I didn't make it any further than the hub town. Game ran at 14 frames per second, didn't allow me to change resolution, and changing graphical settings seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Basically, stuck at 1080p high just cause. So, since I'm not gonna do a repeat of Dark Souls and beat the game at an average of 13 FPS, my impressions of the demo are: BioWare still hasn't figured Frostbite out, and if anything, they regressed, cause ME:A didn't complain about me changing resolution and graphical settings.

Guess I'll go play Wargroove now.

This is all after about 45 minutes, maybe 1hr and change of play earlier, YMMV.

The sound design sucks ass. Seriously, the guns have about the same oompf as a matchstick breaking and there basically aren't environmental sounds, giant storm, debris being blown all over, sideways torrential rain, and nada. Not even the pitter-patter of it against your machine.

The hub world navigation is godawful, like being stuck running around a relay in aim/walk mode with no quick travel option.

Flight is just bad all the way around. It's not quick, constantly feels slow/like you're standing still, and isn't of much use outside of mandatory traversal sequences. You're much more usefully agile on the ground. The transition into flight looks and feels like a sudden burst of acceleration, but is mostly camera tricks. You don't really go all that fast, unfortunately, at least not relative to the environment.

The combat is pretty fun with 4 people, as long as everyone remembers to stand shoulder-to-shoulder and focus fire, and your whole team doesn't get perma-frozen by enemies and then wiped. That was less fun (Somehow it managed to be even more obnoxious with Warframe's Trenchers havin' nonthin' Anthem's "Ever wonder what it'd be like to be repeatedly hit by Frost's 4 over and over?"-simulation).

The combos are... eh. There, I guess. Occasionally someone shoots an enemy, then you shoot them, and you do more damage. Might be something that comes of it, but it feels just like yelling "On me for Roar buff" but taking a longer, fiddlier way around to get to it.

Demo is a lot of fun. Really like the javelins and how easy it is to transition between running and flying. Not a fan of the slow 1st person town, but the missions are great.