Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_Dan

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

i just tried the demo, and its a technical mess, you can actually get less FPS with low settings, and going ultra-high gives you good performance...

theres no longer the problems that happened with the last demo but now theres that problem where you get dissconected and send back to bastion out of nowhere

the game is really fun actually, once you get used to the movement system (its acutally more annoying than archwing XD) it gets really intense, bosses are a little tedious if you have bad gear, but i say they are fun also.

i might buy it, but ill wait until release. that poor optimization and server problems kill the experience for me (even when i clearly have the hardware for recomended specs)

oh theres also that annoying sound problem where you start to hear less and less sounds untill you hear nothing XD

Played more of the demo, encountered more bugs (some where hilarious). Once, during stronghold, the game managed to kick me off the boundaries of the map together with a mission critical item, had to abandon the mission, all of that without any team chat to let people know WTF happened. I hope I didn't screw them over, but most likely I did, since the item probably dropped where I last stood... which was outside the edge of the map.

The difficulty system so far seems more of a gear check, as in, if you have high enough gear lvl, then you can proceed to the next difficulty level and feel mostly the same challenge level. Otherwise, have fun unloading all of your dmg abilities and several clips to down one guy.

I have not been able to play the demo yet. Still having issues with the infinite load screen. The only way I was able to try last weekend is because I was at my in-laws house and tried it on my borther-in-laws computer that I built him.

He has an intel CPU and 1070Ti

I have a 2700X and 1080Ti....I wonder if the game doesn't like AMD?

Deleted the game and trying to redownload now....but these kinds of problems make me not want to bother with the full release...

It's terrible. Probably the worst shooter I've played, lol. Bioware doesn't understand anything when it comes to game design.

1. I have to wait 5 years to even begin playing. "OH, but you have to look at you hand first!!!". No, go away.

2. The controls are some of the worst, most unresponsive I've seen. Flying (supposedly main feature of the game) is awful.

3. Guns don't have any feel to them at all. There is nothing ther, and then  they also look generic.

4.THE UI IS THE WORST UI EVER MADE IN HISTORY OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL WERE THEY THINKING?

So, i started playing the demo today, and actually i'm liking it so far, once you get used to the movimentation, it's fun, i'm even start thinking in buy it is some near future

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

4.THE UI IS THE WORST UI EVER MADE IN HISTORY OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL WERE THEY THINKING?

lol, it is terrible...but at least you can use the d-pad to scroll.

Finally got some time with the demo now and my impression is eh. This demo is lacking in any content 2 missions and a free roam area with nothing of real value in it.

1. The hub

Wondering around in first person is kinda neat but not being able to sprint make moving through this area a chore especially when you spawn so far away from the area with your suit.

2. The customization 

It's okay, the different materials for part of your suit is cool but some of them aren't really noticeably different from other unless you zoom real close. And the color wheel does make getting colors eaiser except for whites, blacks and greys. Different armir parts are cool but we're given one set per javelin to look at so it's hard to judge how it's going to turn out.

3. The open world

What the demo gives us is boring and empty flew around for an hour and there's not alot of interesting locations to look around. And it gave me the impression that the whole map is just a canyon that connects to other canyons and the whole open world is just just canyons. There also needs to be a mini map or some markers cause the normal map is really bad and lacks detail.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

lol, it is terrible...but at least you can use the d-pad to scroll.

Tell me where do you see a d-pad on my mouse and keyboard? :^)

10 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

1. I have to wait 5 years to even begin playing. "OH, but you have to look at you hand first!!!". No, go away.

Not really. In Warframe you also has to stand up from your crouched position in the orbiter before you can start playing. The time it takes before you can actually move your character is about the same in both games. Except Anthem runs horribly on my PC at high settings (which it really shouldn't) so the game lags terribly for the first 20 seconds while it loads everything.

2. The controls are some of the worst, most unresponsive I've seen. Flying (supposedly main feature of the game) is awful.

I like flying in Anthem a whole lot more than bullet jumping and parkouring in Warframe. Yeah, you look cooler in Warframe, but the smoothness of flying in Anthem and the instant transition from walking to jumping and flying makes traversal across the map feel much better. 

3. Guns don't have any feel to them at all. There is nothing ther, and then  they also look generic.

Yeah. I don't think they look any more generic than in any other sci-fi shooter, but they definitely don't have that "feel" to them. The javelins themselves feels amazing, but the weapons feel like plastic toys.

They obviously made the menus and UI's for a controller. It's a nightmare with a mouse and keyboard (this is sadly how Bioware has always made UI's ever since the first ME). I actually switched to a controller for that very reason, I just couldn't cope with the menus.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

you can actually move your character is about the same in both games

Except in warframe I spawn right in front of mission control AND can use parkour inside the hub/ship.

Why did they put first person slug mode into Anthem is completely beyond me.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I actually prefer when you get to interact with a good old menu, not run around like an idiot (muh immersion can go F itself). But in warframe it's at least a small area.

5 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I like flying in Anthem a whole lot more than bullet jumping and parkouring in Warframe.

Personal preference I suppose.

5 minutes ago, rune_me said:

smoothness of flying

*moves mouse half a centimeter, instantly starts spiraling around in the air*

No.

6 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I actually switched to a controller for that very reason

I refuse to use controlers for PC games, I'm playing on PC specifically because I don't want to use them. In fact I don't even have a game controler of any kind (outside of mouse and keyboard of course). Controlers feel awful, which is why I never use any consoles either.

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

*moves mouse half a centimeter, instantly starts spiraling around in the air*

No.

You just gotta play it a little more. Once you have a feel for it, it becomes very easy to control. It's not different from when I started playing Warframe. Trying to control a bulletjump or aim glide was crazy and I was in awe of all the players who just swooped across the map and always ended up exactly where they wanted to be while I was falling off cliffs and jumping head first into walls. A thousand hours later, and it's like second nature to me. 

4 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You just gotta play it a little more. Once you have a feel for it, it becomes very easy to control. It's not different from when I started playing Warframe. Trying to control a bulletjump or aim glide was crazy and I was in awe of all the players who just swooped across the map and always ended up exactly where they wanted to be while I was falling off cliffs and jumping head first into walls. A thousand hours later, and it's like second nature to me. 

As I said higher up, seems to be personal. I picked up on Warframe's new movement near instantly. I just replaced DualZoren/Amphis/other-coptering with bullet jumps, felt right after a few missions.

Fast movement of Warframe was what made me play it in the first place, way back in the copter days. Anthem is not fast, it's cumbersome. I don't like it.

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

You just gotta play it a little more.

This, the criticism of the flight system, whilst fair, is because it's not been used before in this sort of game (to my knowledge).

From what I've seen though it appears to be the basic flight simulator controls, and having played a bunch of Elite Dangerous it took me all of 2 seconds learn to fly in Anthem. If the mouse is too sensitive, well, there's a sensitivity option for a reason.

As far as Anthem Flight vs Warframe Parkour, I'll take Anthem Flight anyday. Warframe's parkour looks ridiculous, makes no sense and requires constantly spamming ctrl + space. Frankly, calling it parkour is an insult to parkour imo when all anyone ever does is bullet jump everywhere.

My opinion? I got a sniper that shoots exploding bullets and it actually feels like I'm shooting something you should be scared of. On the other hand, melee feels boring and even worse when it's on a cooldown for some of the javelins, just another ability for the most part instead of a real playstyle choice.

To be honest now still too early to give ANTHEM any review. But got one thing for sure Warframe will always my babe.... 

D7BF7627B3B903F06FEC69AAE1C5F7D4F59CEFFEMy attention always is WARFRAME

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

This, the criticism of the flight system, whilst fair, is because it's not been used before in this sort of game (to my knowledge).

From what I've seen though it appears to be the basic flight simulator controls, and having played a bunch of Elite Dangerous it took me all of 2 seconds learn to fly in Anthem. If the mouse is too sensitive, well, there's a sensitivity option for a reason.

As far as Anthem Flight vs Warframe Parkour, I'll take Anthem Flight anyday. Warframe's parkour looks ridiculous, makes no sense and requires constantly spamming ctrl + space. Frankly, calling it parkour is an insult to parkour imo when all anyone ever does is bullet jump everywhere.

If u cannot did something well does not mean it bad.. Anthem will be boring if the only thing is flying.. Warframe 's parkour is good only if u really know what to do... Please shop make Anthem look great or better than Warframe when it look common

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Why did they put first person slug mode into Anthem is completely beyond me.

I may not get the game because of the hub. Going to wait an see how often you're forced to float around town to listen to some inane bartender chatter...

49 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

If u cannot did something well does not mean it bad.. Anthem will be boring if the only thing is flying.. Warframe 's parkour is good only if u really know what to do... Please shop make Anthem look great or better than Warframe when it look common

What are you even saying?

I know how to Parkour in Warframe, I've been playing since 2014 so there's absolutely no reason to be presumptuous, what I stated however was my opinion. Magically propelling yourself forward with a bit of twist over and over and over again does look ridiculous, especially when it's all I ever see. It also has absolutely no foundation in physics, particularly when you consider the double jumps, 180 degree turns and how sliding in midair somehow speeds you up.

Please "shop" telling people they can't have an opinion that differs to your own, it's pathetic. Fanboying is unhealthy.

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What are you even saying?

I know how to Parkour in Warframe, I've been playing since 2014 so there's absolutely no reason to be presumptuous, what I stated however was my opinion. Magically propelling yourself forward with a bit of twist over and over and over again does look ridiculous, especially when it's all I ever see. It also has absolutely no foundation in physics, particularly when you consider the double jumps, 180 degree turns and how sliding in midair somehow speeds you up.

Please "shop" telling people they can't have an opinion that differs to your own, it's pathetic. Fanboying is unhealthy.

Look like i trigger a Anthem fanboy but tbh if u think Anthem is better no one will stop u from leaving Warframe.. lastly every game got their Pro and Con but the thing that concern me is Anthem still not even release so everything u seen in Anthem is still not final. 

Just now, Gnlstorm said:

Look like i trigger a Anthem fanboy but tbh if u think Anthem is better no one will stop u from leaving Warframe.. lastly every game got their Pro and Con but the thing that concern me is Anthem still not even release so everything u seen in Anthem is still not final. 

Please provide evidence of where I've fanboyed over Anthem to show you actually know what you're talking about.

Because I can certainly provide the same for you fanboying over Warframe, it's on this very page funnily enough. Yes, every game has their Pro's and Con's, I stated one of the things I consider to be a Pro of Anthem, and stating that I consider the flight of Anthem to be a Pro caused you to respond and tell me I don't know how to Parkour and that I can't have a certain opinion.

Your response is a pretty good case of being "triggered", you read something you didn't agree with and typed a ridiculous response. 

Gg.

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Please provide evidence of where I've fanboyed over Anthem to show you actually know what you're talking about.

Because I can certainly provide the same for you fanboying over Warframe, it's on this very page funnily enough. Yes, every game has their Pro's and Con's, I stated one of the things I consider to be a Pro of Anthem, and stating that I consider the flight of Anthem to be a Pro caused you to respond and tell me I don't know how to Parkour and that I can't have a certain opinion.

Your response is a pretty good case of being "triggered", you read something you didn't agree with and typed a ridiculous response. 

Gg.

But Warframe parkour is also the PRO and this parkour is with WARFRAME for 5 years now just because ANTHEM can fly and make u said WARFRAME parkour is joke.... So who the one ridiculous?

1 hour ago, Gnlstorm said:

But Warframe parkour is also the PRO and this parkour is with WARFRAME for 5 years now just because ANTHEM can fly and make u said WARFRAME parkour is joke.... So who the one ridiculous?

You, for being unable to differentiate opinion from fact.

Warframe "parkour" is a pro in your opinion, on the other hand I think it's ridiculous for the outlined reasons. Anthem does not have this problem, and thus I consider it's movement system to be better than that of Warframe.

Shocking, amirite?

Also, 5 years? No it hasn't.

Ok, so the infinite load screen was fixed by deleting and redownloading the demo if anyone is having issues.

I got about 45min-1hr in and then the kids went down for a nap and I took that opportunity to clean out my waterloop 

My thoughts on Anthem are better this time around but I still feel like many of the early demos and playtests with YouTubers is different than what we got. Anyone else feel that way?

Doing the free roam I got a couple world events but had to fly around a bit to get it which I think is good so you aren't just fighting your way through the world all the time.

Controls felt better this time as well but still a little twitchy, toyed with the settings a little bit and it was better. I avoided water completely.

I'm more optimistic now but still going to hold out a little bit before buying. 

Anthem + MY opinion.

Combat is too slow. Makes taking the objective far too easy.

The flight is okay, but needs tweaked. Nothing bad, especially for an Open Beta Demo.

Weapons are nice, but not something that grabs you. You just go for higher damage, period. Which makes sense since the game is really focused on the armor.

The armor detail, design, and customization is very well done. I feel the better customizations will be behind a paywall since it's EA (Just my cynicism showing here).

The Jump feature feels clunky, as does the fact that the Sprint/Flight uses the same key.

The inability to go into Free Roam solo is asinine. I play solo for the challenge, and only want to group with friends that I know can keep up with me.

Loading times and server issues are ridiculous, but that's Origin/EA. (Yeah, don't even try blaming it on my internet or rig, lmao).

Overall, I'd give the game a 5.5 out of 10, but I won't be buying it.

What kinds of systems you all running for this game? I have read that it has a hard time hitting 60FPS but I didn't notice much of a framerate drop when I played it.

I'm running 2700X w/ 1080Ti and m.2 SSD for load and network is ethernet(last two I don't think would have an effect but mentioning it none the less).

I didn't have the frame rate counter up when I was playing because I look more at how smooth the game is running rather than FPS...