Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So whats your opineon on ANTHEM?

_Dan

16 минут назад, (XB1)Skiller115 сказал:

We can't criticse a game that hasn't came out yet, but sure as hell can criticise EA the worst, greedy and most evil video game company in the world! Everything they have done in the last 3 years is a joke and it's only going to get worse. 

The EA is a publisher. Its basically the same thing as some scummy chineese company owning DE.

Considering the effort both Bioware and EA put into looking the new game as less scummy as possible, providing lots of info and a demo - the practice that is extinct these days - its not better or worse than many other games.

Its also one thing being shady all the way and revealing your predatory bs later once everyone bought the game and trying to look all good and turning to scum later. In the latter instance, you'd be the dead man walking in no time with your reputation.

Цитата

Have fun with that game for the first month before they nerf everything and squeeze every dime nickle and penny out of your wallets Nef Anyo style!

OH BOI DOES THAT SOUND LIKE WARFRAME.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

The EA is a publisher. Its basically the same thing as some scummy chineese company owning DE.

Considering the effort both Bioware and EA put into looking the new game as less scummy as possible, providing lots of info and a demo - the practice that is extinct these days - its not better or worse than many other games.

OH BOI DOES THAT SOUND LIKE WARFRAME.

That is mostly true, but Bioware hasn't been a real entity for a while now. Thankfully, the Chinese company that fully owns DE is not known for being as scummy as some controlling companies, EA or others. That said DE has a form of independence while Bioware's creative and former heads have currently moved on or been kicked out of the remains of the company. I hope for the player's sake that the game works out, but I don't believe EA will resist re-balancing the game around micro-transactions after a short window. Either way, I hope Anthem does well enough while DE's warframe continues to improve.

• Like 3

I love that there's people trying to say "DE is owned by chinese company, it's just like EA with Bioware and now you can't criticize Anthem being back by EA so HA". So with some people claiming this company being "as bad as EA" I did so searching. The company that owns DE is Leyou, they own 3 companies DE, Splash Damage, and Athlon Games. Huh for such a "greedy company" they don't own alot.

So maybe they did some big opsie in the past? I found nothing. The most controversial thing about this company is that they used to be a chicken meat processer before investing into game companies.

So how is this company as bad as EA? EA the company that pushed lootboxes so far that now governments are stepping in and declaring them as gambling and ready to serve fines and jail time to companies that incorporate these things?

• Like 1

On 2019-01-19 at 11:05 AM, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Slow isnt the it more like balanced /equal the Anthem Javelins and enemy Mobility Speed is close to the same

this cant be said for warframe when the corpus and grinneer mobility is significantly slow compared to a warframes

why ppl like bullying them in PVE but when they come to PVP they are versing other warframes 

dealing with warframe speedy mobility manoverouses L1 (hold) L1(tap) and L+X becomes a quick turn off

topped with crammed stages with small designs doesnt go to well.

When a warframe user tries to flee using the mobility mechanics (see above)  it becomes cat and mouse game.

I can't really relate to that... I use mouse and key.. my jump is "insert" and my duck is Delete... I use arrow key to move and right shift to dash\roll.. so moving around/changing directions is just sliding of mouse to me.... I roll/B-Jump easy... the only trouble I have is too often self kill is WAY too common...

not bully, it's space power rangers killing normal and advance goons like Diablow, jsut killing mobs... your speed makes your skill of performing maneuvers viable when all enemies are shooting at you... in a game of duck and cover... like Gears Of War... there isn't much skill involve... there are battle... but it;s just cover shoot, here, it's action all day long... and YES, you can play tank... like normal army shooter if you pick the right frame for.. 

Remember the pre release of watchdogs? Like how cool it was with the wind and you walking in a storm?. Remember that what ign and the official sites are trying to do is "sell a product" so they have a tendency to be "exaggerated" per se. Also its developer has a reputation to be monetarily greedy so yeah, theres that. EA might say that they wont have lootboxes this time but that dosent mean they wont have VIP membership pr in the case of EA, VIP subscription. Theres also a little chance that youre javelin will only work for 30 min max and you need to buy batteries if u want to recharge it instantly or else you will have to wait a long time. Theres also the chance of segmented cosmetics and each has its own pseudo-lootbox (thats still not technically a lootbox) and you need to buy chance boosters to have a greater chance at getting good stuff. The point is that there are alot of ways to exploit your gameplay with purchasable benefits. Just take a lesson from mobile games. See those paywalls? Theres a big chance EA can integrate those to Anthem.

49 minutes ago, Castlefrost said:

Remember the pre release of watchdogs? Like how cool it was with the wind and you walking in a storm?. Remember that what ign and the official sites are trying to do is "sell a product" so they have a tendency to be "exaggerated" per se. Also its developer has a reputation to be monetarily greedy so yeah, theres that. EA might say that they wont have lootboxes this time but that dosent mean they wont have VIP membership pr in the case of EA, VIP subscription. Theres also a little chance that youre javelin will only work for 30 min max and you need to buy batteries if u want to recharge it instantly or else you will have to wait a long time. Theres also the chance of segmented cosmetics and each has its own pseudo-lootbox (thats still not technically a lootbox) and you need to buy chance boosters to have a greater chance at getting good stuff. The point is that there are alot of ways to exploit your gameplay with purchasable benefits. Just take a lesson from mobile games. See those paywalls? Theres a big chance EA can integrate those to Anthem.

Et non, im not saying that Anthem will be bad. Its just that you cant judge a book by its cover, and well...you pre ordered so theres that, heres to hoping you made the right choice. But should you happen to find out after a month or so that Anthem was not it was advertised, well, the origin system will still welcome ya tenno 😄

I have hig hopes for anthem but im piss poor. And disapointed to my self

But if i ma age to get anthem i wud not abandon the warframe community you guys are great peeps and have cheered me on when i was down. And i [hate] it that i cant repay whit intrest. But let us plow thu and newer give up eh? 

18 minutes ago, coolteemu said:

I have hig hopes for anthem but im piss poor. And disapointed to my self

But if i ma age to get anthem i wud not abandon the warframe community you guys are great peeps and have cheered me on when i was down. And i [hate] it that i cant repay whit intrest. But let us plow thu and newer give up eh? 

If the reviews are positive after one month then i shall get it as well 😄

1 hour ago, Castlefrost said:

If the reviews are positive after one month then i shall get it as well 😄

If i manage to get it ill tell how it is. Theres also some test days where you can hop In for free and see how it is

But i think the game size is bout 70/80 gb? So ittl take a whole Day to load🙃

24 minutes ago, coolteemu said:

If i manage to get it ill tell how it is. Theres also some test days where you can hop In for free and see how it is

But i think the game size is bout 70/80 gb? So ittl take a whole Day to load🙃

Not to mention that its oppening price is so overpriced so its best to let things cool down first and get it when its frozen cold 😄

18 hours ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Stopping being a  Warframe player that cant compliment another game but criticises  it cuz its not warframe

I can compliment the game concept, not that it will be rui... ehr run by EA. I'm just aware that its similarities to WF stops at the suit.. 

Saying it is similar to WF just because of the suits is like saying WF is similar to Tribes or Halo due to the same reason, or that WF is similar to CoD and Battlefield because we have guns that can be modded. Nevermind that the mechanics are widely different.

I'm fairly certain that the story of Anthem will not be the techno-fantasy -like sci-fi we have in Warframe either. So there are several things that seperates them besides the suits. Even the idea being the suits are different, in Anthem they will just be regular power armors, in WF they are "living" organisms.

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can compliment the game concept, not that it will be rui... ehr run by EA. I'm just aware that its similarities to WF stops at the suit.. 

Saying it is similar to WF just because of the suits is like saying WF is similar to Tribes or Halo due to the same reason, or that WF is similar to CoD and Battlefield because we have guns that can be modded. Nevermind that the mechanics are widely different.

I'm fairly certain that the story of Anthem will not be the techno-fantasy -like sci-fi we have in Warframe either. So there are several things that seperates them besides the suits. Even the idea being the suits are different, in Anthem they will just be regular power armors, in WF they are "living" organisms.

LAWLORZ you cant compare WF to anthem. Anthem is closer to firefall

14 hours ago, coolteemu said:

LAWLORZ you cant compare WF to anthem. Anthem is closer to firefall

Maybe take a minute to read what I actually wrote in what you quoted aswell as what I've said previously. Because that is exactly what I'm saying, Anthem only shares the "suits" with WF, they have nothing more incommon. Anthem will sure pull some players from WF but the mechanics and everything else is more Destiny/Firefall or even The Division than it is WF.

My bet is that Anthem will just be another run of the mill sci-fi shooter with rpg elements with none of the extra things that makes WF special. I also doubt it will be a horde shooter/arpg style of shooter. It will probably be more small group based when it comes to enemy density etc.

edit: Also, in the end, there is no getting away from it being run by EA. Which is the biggest issues for me to ever consider picking it up, even if it seems "good".

Edited by SneakyErvin

I think it will be $59.99 for a 1/4 of the game. Then in 6-12 months, $39.99 for each additional 1/4. Then.. Anthem 2. Rinse, repeat. 

Edit: that said I'm not against playing anthem with friends. 

Edit Edit: played the demo, TBH it's pretty BA! Felt vary satisfying. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

Maybe it turns out to be good, maybe not. Either way, I'm not touching it with a ten-foot pole because of EA.

That said, some competition is always good for the market.

Edited by Guest

Anthem will probably be okay. I'll be surprised if it stick around for a long time though. Has a ton of cool looking imagery but doesn't necessarily look to me like it is doing anything equally as cool with it.

Like always, however, I'm completely open to being proved wrong. Regardless, no way in hell I'm buying it at launch without seeing it really played first. Too easy to get burned by stinkers buying what goes for triple A launches these days. People thought Fallout 76 was gonna be good right up until it quite literally wasn't.

Wait for reviews.

It's EA. 

Wait for reviews. 

7 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

People thought Fallout 76 was gonna be good right up until it quite literally wasn't.

A lot of people did NOT think this. Warning flags were going up even at the presentation at E3. Bethesda's odd reticence to talk about the game for months after the event raised even more flags. The beta (demo) was a complete train wreck. The launch--and subsequent events even up to this day--speaks for itself. 

Wait for reviews. 

• Like 1

I want it to be good, because a good competitor is best for consumers....but, it's EA..so... I suspect it'll be fine on day one...but,... it's the two months after the reviews have quieted down and the spotlight is off them and they have their player base..hooked....and that's when the pilfering of their wallets starts for them..so, I'm waiting and will allow SkillUp, Jim Sterling, Yong, Cleanpricegaming and anyone else covering it to get their two cents in and see if, when, and how EA takes Bioware out to the back shed and puts them down...