Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon question

Neofit26

Question

Hi,

For context: I've played 1.5 years ago to MR7, came back recently, gained a few MRs to 14. Am opening the map, up to Sedna. Done quests up to The War Within. Have 3 prime frames and 3 weapons. I can solo the PoE strongest Ostron and Ghoul Purge dailies.

This said, I've never touched anything related to The Quills and Eidolons. I read up a bit about that and it feels to me like a self-contained pack of content, isn't it? So far, neither the Quills, nor the Eidolons nor the Operator himself has impacted my gameplay, except for me avoiding PoE at night, so I am wondering when I should start delving into that. Still a lot to do in the rest of the game.

From what I understand right now, the Quills faction needs Eidolon drops, gives rewards for Operators, whose job is to kill Eidolons, as a self-contained triangle, right? I've read the wiki and it seems that nothing from that triangle will give me anything that I could use in the rest of the game (like new mods or weapons), so I don't really need to do it right now. Then, when I'm bored, I can jump into that for a whole bunch of new and original content?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

so I don't really need to do it right now

correct

Although Operator are decent enough to deal damage and are tanky af. They also have useful skills to provide healing to your frame, double damage for you and your allies or be completely invunerable.

If you decide to start doing then, this is a guide I made and it got very positive reviews so far.

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#tridolon

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

9 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

I've read the wiki and it seems that nothing from that triangle will give me anything that I could use in the rest of the game (like new mods or weapons), so I don't really need to do it right now. 

Arcanes are dropped by Eidolons.

And there's focus too. Shards dropped by the Eidolons can be converted into focus and the focus gained from shards doesn't effect the daily pool. So it's a fairly decent way of chipping away at that mighty focus grind.

Thanks, I forgot to look up what the eidolons dropped besides faction stuff. 

Re: focus, I dropped a lens on my go-to warframe and primary weapon. I hate to waste stuff I could be amassing along the way. But afaik it's again about two way-bounds which are for the operator, so still more or less self-contained.

I'm already overwhelmed with all the alerts, invasions, faction missions and PoE bounties, I guess I can leave the Eidolon stuff for later. For when I get closer to this Sacrifice quest I guess.

17 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

Re: focus, I dropped a lens on my go-to warframe and primary weapon. I hate to waste stuff I could be amassing along the way. But afaik it's again about two way-bounds which are for the operator, so still more or less self-contained.

Yeah, a lot of the focus powers (or whatever they are called) are for making your Operator stronger for pretty much nothing but the Eidolon fights.

Except there's Zenurik's energy dash which is amazing and everyone should try and get it because it's so useful. And Naramon has extra affinity from melee which can be handy (although admittedly only for focus). Madurai's physical and elemental damage increase should maybe get a mention too.