Jump to content
  • 0
(PS4)iesous27

Just finished The Second Dream

Question

Hello fellow warframe players, I just finished The second Dream for the first time and I'm confused. I thoroughly enjoyed the quest, but at the end I was just like "huh?" 

Anyways, besides the lore, what are these "schools" and the benefits? My clan mate recommended I join Zenurik, so I did. But, I really don't know what it's for and what the benefits of it are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The benefits of the schools are the skills you can unlock. Click on the school and read them. Operator is "you." Not your warframe. The skills explicitly say if they affect warframe or operator, and if they mention Void Blast, Void Dash, or Void Mode, those are the Operator abilities. So they only affect the operator.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Schools let you buff your operator by upgrading their stats basically and it's mostly only beneficial for Eidolon hunting atm so don't think too hard about it until you're more familiar with the game. As for Zenurik it's a good school because there's a ability called 'energizing dash' that lets your operator create a small area anywhere you want that will regenerae your warframes energy which is extremely useful. To unlock and max these abilities you need focus, I'd recommend you check the Wiki for more information but just equip a lens to a good DPS frame or powerful weapon and kill stuff with it to collect focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the quest, but at the end I was just like "huh?" 

If you'd like some clarity I'm sure we can answer your questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
27 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Schools let you buff your operator by upgrading their stats basically and it's mostly only beneficial for Eidolon hunting atm so don't think too hard about it until you're more familiar with the game. As for Zenurik it's a good school because there's a ability called 'energizing dash' that lets your operator create a small area anywhere you want that will regenerae your warframes energy which is extremely useful. To unlock and max these abilities you need focus, I'd recommend you check the Wiki for more information but just equip a lens to a good DPS frame or powerful weapon and kill stuff with it to collect focus

I checked the wiki but it was still a bit confusing. 

So the school is very strictly for the operator abilities? How do we upgrade these? There's some item called Focus lens that I got, is this what I need to collect "exp" with? I don't see where to equip this?😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I checked the wiki but it was still a bit confusing. 

So the school is very strictly for the operator abilities? How do we upgrade these? There's some item called Focus lens that I got, is this what I need to collect "exp" with? I don't see where to equip this?😕

In order to upgrade operator powers you need to gain Focus points.  You do this by gaining XP while using items that have a lens equipped; any XP gained by that item, at max rank, will "overflow" into Focus.

And, you equip the lens by going into the item, then Actions (where you apply forma), then Install Focus Lens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Momaw said:

In order to upgrade operator powers you need to gain Focus points.  You do this by gaining XP while using items that have a lens equipped; any XP gained by that item, at max rank, will "overflow" into Focus.

 And, you equip the lens by going into the item, then Actions (where you apply forma), then Install Focus Lens

Is this a permanent action? The wiki doesn't make this clear.. It just says that it has be installed on a fully ranked weapon:

A single Focus Lens can only be installed on fully leveled items; if an item currently equipped with a Focus Lens is polarized, it will need to be fully leveled back to continue earning Focus points.

To get more Focus Lens, I have to do bounties in POE? At the moment, I already feel overwhelmed because I just got to Neptune and I feel under powered lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Is this a permanent action? The wiki doesn't make this clear.. It just says that it has be installed on a fully ranked weapon:

A single Focus Lens can only be installed on fully leveled items; if an item currently equipped with a Focus Lens is polarized, it will need to be fully leveled back to continue earning Focus points.

To get more Focus Lens, I have to do bounties in POE? At the moment, I already feel overwhelmed because I just got to Neptune and I feel under powered lol. 

You need a lv30 weapon or frame to gain focus but it isn't a permanent thing, you can change it and add a different lens to the same weapon or frame later on if you want but the previous one will be destroyed in the process. Also yes PoE bounties are the only way to farm them unless you buy from other players.

The operator schools aren't complicated once you spend some time with them but as I said earlier don't think too much about it until you're more experienced, continue to play the game and get to know it's many mechanics and you'll get used to operator stuff as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Is this a permanent action? The wiki doesn't make this clear.. It just says that it has be installed on a fully ranked weapon:

A single Focus Lens can only be installed on fully leveled items; if an item currently equipped with a Focus Lens is polarized, it will need to be fully leveled back to continue earning Focus points.

To get more Focus Lens, I have to do bounties in POE? At the moment, I already feel overwhelmed because I just got to Neptune and I feel under powered lol. 

Permanent action = yes.

Lenses are consumed, and can only be used once. You cannot recover lenses from an item once used. Think of them like orokin catalysts. Generally speaking you will not have endless amounts of lenses laying around, so pick a few weapons that you really like and use those when you're trying to gather focus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello @iesous27

Congratulations on finishing the second dream, completing the War Within will give you your full operator access. Lenses can be acquired from POE bounties and I would suggest using them on frames you commonly use which are at rank 30 They can also be put onto weapons as well. Another way to gain focus points is the Eidolon Shards which you can use for ranking up with a certain syndicate on POE. However, to gain access to said syndicate you need to complete the War Within. I do hope you enjoyed the quest, in my opinion it is the best one out of all the quests you will do in warframe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
44 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Permanent action = yes.

Lenses are consumed, and can only be used once. You cannot recover lenses from an item once used. Think of them like orokin catalysts. Generally speaking you will not have endless amounts of lenses laying around, so pick a few weapons that you really like and use those when you're trying to gather focus.

Thanks a lot, that cleared up a few of my doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...