Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Multi-Threading: Feedback.

[DE]Rebecca

Some guys in my clan (SPACE SHARKS INC.) got a 1 second freeze on the void while using the Multithread on 64 bits and 32 bits.  it happens randomnly every 2-4 mins.  Very VERY anoying, despites that the game runs even better than before.. and my logs perform with all the cores functioning like every modern game does.  Congrats on this implementation.  BTW, we all had core i7 4770k , coincidence ? i saw people without 4th gen intels not having that freeze problem.  regards

PS edit: No crashes, just 1 second freeze every 2-4 mins.  Disabling put that micro stutter off.

Edited by Fonola

Guys what program u use to see in game FPS, my fraps and RivaTuner doesn't work in game :(

By the way, i see much higher FPS rates!!!

Fraps for 64 bits, and rivatuner on 32 bits. garantee, just put the monitoring on with your EVGA precision or Ntuner / msi kombustor.

Let me know how it goes.  Fraps runs on 64 or 32 bits, just configure it properly.  Also try to use borderless Fullscreen

My experiences with this are generally positive so far.

Void can still dip fairly low, and my FPS in less demanding scenarios is largely unchanged, but in most areas, there is at least some improvement, and while hosting the improvement is quite tangible.

This is on a 4.3GHz 3930k and CFX 7950s.

Theres not such thing as "stupid question" realy... so, for answer to your question:

Is for cpus with more then 1 processor, so, if you have lets say 2 processors (old core 2 duo) it will use both processors instead of 1 for the game. This could difficult the "multi tasking" (alt+tab) if you play the game while having firefox open.. or some other program...

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure this what it does.

A better explanation is in the patch notes.

The game is already multithreaded, but poorly so. This option allows the main renderer (typically the most demanding part of the game) to use more than one thread.

This won't hurt multi-tasking.

Uh, do modern CPUs like the i5s and i7s have mulutiple cores?

Desktop i5s and i7s have at least four cores.

Multi-core CPUs have been the norm since 2005-2006.

CPU Phenom 9950

Nvidia 470GTX

4 gig of  ram

I am getting random slide shows on the Grineer tile set when using that option and 64bit exe.  Happens as I turn to a mob being attacked by another player and it comes into my FOV resulting in the slide show.

Mag was one for sure that I could see when it triggered as the other 2 players were on the other side of the map, the other times and 2 or more players were all attacking the same blob so no idea which might have been a trigger.

Multicore improvements to ... how many cores/threads?

I guess a lot of people here pack more than 4 threads. You've got Phenom II X6, FX6x00 and FX8x00 + Core i7s with 4 and 6 cores + hyperthreading.

Honestly, given how badly threaded Warframe was before, plenty of dual core users (without HT) will likely benefit.

I must be doing something wrong. Everyone so far is stating that their performance and fps have improved, but I enabled the multi threading option on my 4 core and nothing improved. Weird.

Nevemind, I can play on high res now.

Nevermind once more, no improvement on fps whatsoever

Edited by Ultramar

Phenom II X6

almost no noticeable improvement on my rig. around 1-2 frames improvement on Fraps.

but has bugs. The notification area becomes invisible after a while. you know it's there bec. when you hover where it use to be you can still hear the audio cues but not clickable. you have to re-log to get it back.

Phenom II X6

almost no noticeable improvement on my rig. around 1-2 frames improvement on Fraps.

but has bugs. The notification area becomes invisible after a while. you know it's there bec. when you hover where it use to be you can still hear the audio cues but not clickable. you have to re-log to get it back.

does this include random alerts not being visible? I got this randomly last night.

AMD FX 8350 Standard Clocks tried out with 4 fake cores disabled and 4 fake cores enabled. (NB is raised by 400 MHZ)

4 cloned cores disabled (1 per die) overall increase of 30-40 FPS

4 cloned cores enabled (all 8 active) overall increase 25-30 FPS

It does give me an increase either way but I get a better gain while having the 4 clone cores off. This might of course be because of the shared hardware slowing teh whole thing down...but look into it if you can do something about it.

If you want any logs or sth just ask

Edited by Shehriazad