Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Multi-Threading: Feedback.

[DE]Rebecca

So... all the lag spikes are gone, i found the error on my system ! i had some old but powerfull DDR3 1866 corsair dominator (triple channel 2gbx2 ) from my i920 old rig mixed with some new ddr3 vengeace dual channel (4gb X 2).  They were functioning at a lower speed but my system got a huge boost when i disable the old rams, and just started to play with 8 gigs of rams.  5 days trying to figure this out.  !

How? I have a:

- AMD Phenom II x6

- GTX 550 TI

I'm running at a steady 60 @ all times everything on high with PhysX on?

Try turning off the following in Warframe Options:

- DOF Motion Blur OFF

- Anti-Aliasing OFF

- Set Shadow Memory to LOW

- Turn OFF character Shadows

NVIDIA CONTROLS PANEL:

- Set your Phys X to the GTX 760

Go to your Graphics Options for warframe:

- Set the Pre-Rendered Frames to 1-2-3 (test) I set it on 2 for best performance.

- Set Threaded Optimization to Auto or On

- Power Management Mode: Set to Prefer Maximum Performance

- Make sure FXAA is OFF everything else may be set to Application Settings.

- If you use 2 monitors make sure its on multiple display performance if you use 1, single display performance.

*Optional*

Use Razr Game Booster when entering warframe to turn off all applications not necessary for gaming.

(Anyone with a Nvidia Geforce card can try this, let me know how it goes)

Give that a try and see if it helps you at all.

can you please tell me what exe i need to add in order to do this changes

I LOVE THIS!

I used to get FPS drops (rarely) with tons of smoke and particle effects on screen (or too many enemies shooting at once) and now NO MORE ISSUES!

YAY =D

MAJOR MAJOR KUDOS for being a fantastic set of devs and listening to the growing trend of 64-bit multi-core processors :)

And the DX11 is luscious.  I want to lick those textures...slowly :)

Edited by Xenrax

i7 3770K @ 3.5 Ghz

8 GB DDR3 @ 2400 Hz

2 x 660 GTX 

Windows 7 64 bit

Resolution: 1920x1080

Everything set to High and Checked

Here are my Results from Fraps:

2013-09-15 19:53:35 - Warframe  Venus/ Ishtar (SLI OFF/Multi-thread OFF - ice)

Frames: 125883 - Time: 1397660ms - Avg: 90.067 - Min: 52 - Max: 124

2013-09-15 18:39:47 - Warframe  Venus/ Ishtar (SLI OFF/Multi-thread ON - normal)

Frames: 106847 - Time: 1227322ms - Avg: 87.057 - Min: 57 - Max: 131

2013-09-15 20:22:59 - Warframe  Venus/ Ishtar (SLI ON/Multi-thread OFF - fire)

Frames: 99016 - Time: 1028702ms - Avg: 96.253 - Min: 65 - Max: 151

2013-09-15 20:44:14 - Warframe  Venus/ Ishtar (SLI ON/Multi-thread ON - normal)

Frames: 98270 - Time: 878754ms - Avg: 111.829 - Min: 69 - Max: 150

2013-09-16 13:56:14 - Warframe T2 Void Ext (SLI OFF/Multi-thread OFF)

Frames: 120637 - Time: 1182894ms - Avg: 101.985 - Min: 54 - Max: 163

2013-09-16 14:26:38 - Warframe T2 Void Ext (SLI OFF/Multi-thread ON)

Frames: 67402 - Time: 696529ms - Avg: 96.768 - Min: 54 - Max: 152

2013-09-16 13:03:00 - Warframe T2 Void Ext (SLI ON/Multi-thread OFF)

Frames: 106567 - Time: 1372621ms - Avg: 77.638 - Min: 55 - Max: 117

2013-09-16 12:43:17 - Warframe T2 Void Ext (SLI ON/Multi-thread ON)

Frames: 103349 - Time: 981964ms - Avg: 105.247 - Min: 58 - Max: 191

Note: All of this was done in Solo.

I would say there is a definate a boost with Multi-Thread on.

I disabled hyperthreading from my bios and the 1 sec freeze that i used to have it's gone. Maybe they are missing the new 4th gen core i7 eight cores, using fisical cores fixed the problem.

I'm using an AMD X6 1090t, and I get the odd freeze for a couple of seconds, and the game has crashed out once.

Is this multi core renderer on by default?  My CPU is overclocked, but is 8 hours prime stable, so I'm not sure if that's the cause.  Now that I know this has been implemented, I need to get my temperature sensing stuff up and see if its overheating me!

edit: Are any of these options turned on by default?  I haven't changed anything, and my pc is very much 64-bit (8GB RAM, 6 cores, 1.5GB VRAM) and i'm getting freezes in the orokin derelicts. (lasts for about 2 seconds, during which i'm like "don't crash, don't crash, don't crash. AHhh, it didn't crash." - rinse & repeat fur further freezes)  Happens maybe once every 20 minutes... Which is quite noticeable when you spend an hour in a single mission, hunting for all the treasures, and levelling up in badass parkour.

Edited by SMAndy

I'm running:

i7 3770k @4.4

660Ti SC

8gb 1600mhz

SSC

With no problems until I enable multi-threading. When browsing the pages Arsenal and foundry etc sometimes it sticks on pages and I can't change page. I have to come out of the game and close it and start again. I turned off multi-threading and this problem went away. Ingame itself I have no problems.

Yes, same here.

I had many random FPS drops before update 10. And recently I discovered the problem was Directx 11 warframe support. After uncheck this option, my performance jump.

I can say, together this new multi thread, my game is much much better. Things much more smooth.

I am having the same Reigner problem above. I dont know multi threading is causing that, but my UI, menus, is bugging a lot. Freezing. Need to restart the game when that happens.

Edited by IronRushBR

well, two days using this setting, and the game run nice.

after two days, the game started to crash (9 times in 2 hours, 3 in 15 minutes when trying to play)... then stopped, i don't know what happenned, returned to work great.

just... strange. 

oh, before i forget, sometimes the multi threading option, give me some "Fps freeze", the screen stop for 1~3 seconds, then go back to normal.

but is not all the  time, this type of lag depend on the level.

my PC:

Athlon II X2 270 3,4 Ghz

AMD Sapphire HD 7750 overclock stock from factory 800Mhz @ 850Mhz 

76,2 Gb/s bandwidth

4 gb Ram Ddr3 Corsair

250 GB HD 7200rpm

Real 500w PSU

Well, turning on the MT has certainly increased my FPS, however, I have noticed an increased performance with HyperThreading turned off. Running on the 6 cores alone is better than using the full 12 threads.

i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

2 GTX670s in SLI

32Gb DDR3 @ 1600

Win 7 64bit

1920 x 1080 max resolution

I'm getting around 100-120fps when soloing, and it drops to approx 70 with a full team and in defense missions.

i5-2410M 2.3 GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M 2gb.

FPS without Multi-Threading is around 60 throughout the game.

With Multi-Threading on FPS runs around 60 most of the time but suddenly drops to 24-35, then back up again.

Feels laggy, chippy.

So aside from lower FPS with multi-threading on, I get no improvement at all.

Specs, Laptop

I7 2670QM, 2.2ghz Quad Core, up to 3.1 ghz.  6GB DDR3.  

Mobile GPU: 540M.  (Tweaked settings and options for maximum power output, while maintaining preset quality settings in the control panel)

Resolution: 1366X768

Graphics Options 

All on except local reflections, high textures, low shadows.  Disabled Vertical Sync.  

(Solo)WITH Multicore rendering, 40+ FPS constantly, typically 55+ unless meleeing, where dynamic lighting kills performance.  

(Solo)Without Multicore rendering, 20+ FPS with meleeing, 40ish FPS without much going on. 

(Hosting)With: 30+FPS

(Hosting) Without:15+ FPS

Fantastic improvements.  

i5-2410M 2.3 GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M 2gb.

FPS without Multi-Threading is around 60 throughout the game.

With Multi-Threading on FPS runs around 60 most of the time but suddenly drops to 24-35, then back up again.

Feels laggy, chippy.

So aside from lower FPS with multi-threading on, I get no improvement at all.

Maybe you were playing in Phobos.

Hello.
I feel this option is ambiguous for me, I have 4 dual-core processors:
With the Multi-Threading ON, I tried to use all graphics options, the game got really slow... and got back to my usual low settings.
With the Multi-Threading OFF, I turn on all graphics options, and the game even though slow felt like it was handling better then when I left multi on.

In the end I play with my graphic settings low, but still, I feel better performance with the Multi on.

------------------------------------------
Other graphical issue:

When I started playing the game, it came with some very strange default presets, it was on a so low video resolution that graphically the game didn't look so much impressive, and it was a little slow.
After I increased video resolution to an abysmal size, the game got allot more crispy, obviously, and it also performed so much better, very fluid and fast.
To shorten this: higher video resolution = better graphics and faster performance.
(first game I ever saw doing this)