Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Multi-Threading: Feedback.

[DE]Rebecca

The multithreading works absolutely fabulous for me, except for 1 thing I noticed.

When I do T2 Survivals, a few seconds after the extraction is opened, I get a still image for 1-2 seconds. It might not be caused by the multithreaded rendering, but it seems to be pretty constant though

Tried this since Update 10 was released. I have got no tool for frame rate screening running but It feels like a huge boost on my Imac Late 2012 (i7 / GTX 680MX). I can now run the game very smoothly on Max Details and 1920X1080 resolution. Will try 2560x1440 the next days to really push the limits and see how Multi-Threading doing there.

Thanks in general for this huge and awesome update!

Ready for more =)

First crash related to the multi-threading since it was first implemented.

1)

My computer locked up in the middle of a derelict capture mission task manager didn't even respond for 3minutes ... I usually almost never have a full computer lock up like that.

2)

Then Task manager kicked in and lotus started talking again in the background now that I mention her it crashed as she was talking midway though the mission I don't that's the problem honestly.

3)

I had ATI/AMD driver pop-up on my desktop saying the driver has recovered from a crash/error blah blah blah.

4)

THEN warframe finally crashed completely and closed itself.

5)

I restart warframe and see two of the login screens instead of being in the centre they're at the far ends of my screen parallel to one another and that goes for the diorama too.

6)

Restarted my computer problem solved for now.

EDIT:

Since warframe closed itself I didn't get to submit any bugs...

Edited by main_antagonist

quite bad. from 90 fps to 60 fps. This is with disabled extra flashy graphics.

AA: on

and all other off

shadow quality: high

texture memory:high

running on a gtx 670 with latest drivers

i7 3770k

z77 sabertooth (mobo)

Edited by scnoobi

Confimed by me.. IGNIS + Multithread on warframe activated = host crashes, disconnect people and even computer freezes.  Will post some pictures later.. i am farming w/o multithread on in the warframe setttings.. everything runs smooth with ignis and i can level it, TOO BAD I POTATOED IT ! 

Game freezes while working through menus. sounds still play and other background animations play but I get stuck staring at whatever menu I was looking at (Foundry, Arsenal, Etc). This is very annoying as I have to minimize the game in order to close it through task manager. And you can't just close the application either you must terminate the process or I get a steam error saying the game is still running for others experiencing the same problem just close Warframe through the process tab and ignore the application tab it will close the game down completely and you can restart the game right away. Very annoying and taking the fun out of playing when I have to do this a dozen times in one session of playing.

I hope you guys know about this and are working on it. because this did not happen before update 10. 

Getting higher fps but it is less stable, game starts stuttering when mobs spawn and fps drops until I restart the game.

I believe it's a dual core issue.

I have:

Intel Pentium B940 (2.0 GHz x2)

AMD Radeon HD 7470M (Overclocked)

Internet is stable, OS is tweaked to suit gaming.

Getting higher fps but it is less stable, game starts stuttering when mobs spawn and fps drops until I restart the game.

I believe it's a dual core issue.

I have:

Intel Pentium B940 (2.0 GHz x2)

AMD Radeon HD 7470M (Overclocked)

Internet is stable, OS is tweaked to suit gaming.

you could have bottlenecks with that configuration

fx 4100 here. 

Looking at different meters (fps, cpu temp/usage...), enabling multi-threading did increase average fps by around 20%, and most of all, curiously greatly reduced CPU usage by around 15-20%.

Much less crashing too.

Only drawback is those 1-2 second freezes I get from time to time. No idea where they come from.

Great job, keep up the good work!

Regarding the input lag I was experiencing earlier, reducing Flip Queue size to 2 rather than the default of 3 seems to have resolved it, but I have lost some performance in the process. Not entirely unexpected.

Alright, so an update on this.

Setting FlipQueueSize below 3 removes the input latency I was feeling earlier, but it also seems to disable multi-threaded rendering. It's still enabled in the the game, but Warframe is back to sitting almost entirely on a single thread and all performance gains seem lost.

So far, I cannot effectively use multi-threaded rendering without a perceptible increase in input latency.

set your frame limiter to 58 fps or 73 (60hz or 75 hz)  the input lag will be gone for good. trust me.   You can set frame limits with any evga or msi OC program (presicion or kombustor)

This helps mostly with vsync, not with the multi-threaded renderer/frames render ahead.

I'm not using vsync, and I need to maintain 60 fps whenever possible for recording/streaming.

The multi-threaded renderer seems to have been broken or inverted as of 10.1.1

I was diagnosing my earlier performance issues, and disabling mutli-threaded rendering gave me a substantial performance and GPU utilization boost. Still need to check CPU utilization.

Please look into this.