Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.10

[DE]Megan

20 hours ago, Urlan said:

I think you will find if you play more that many of your most annoying Corpus units have armor or are supported by those that do, including many on the Vallis, Bursa, and several other robot enemies. Index as well of course. Infested any of them hit by a swarm moa nanite swarm is going to have armor but several enemies like the Juggernaut or Jordis Golem come built-in. While certainly, other aura can be useful; the popular consensus of using Corrosive Projection is tactically sound due to the wide enemy and scaling of the enemies that can gain such boosts. Preparation of weapons, mods, and warframe can minimize the disadvantages of facing armored foes but with Corrosive Projection you avoid most of that. Consider it akin to players saying if you don't use certain warframes or weapons you are immediately knee-capping yourself. Slash based is nice, but consider how Status 2.5 was going to change how Slash status worked and you should not rely on Slash status ignoring armor or Hunter Munitions working without the weapon having high base slash damage. Recall how ground finishers act now compared to before Melee 2.0.

By that same logic, you shouldn't rely on Corrosive Projection either, because it can be changed as well. Besides, damage 2.5 never came close to actual fruition due to player backlash, and DE seems to balance weapons now specifically around the fact that slash procs are so strong. And I think you'll find that I have over 1,000 hours in the game; I know that there are a good number of armored Corpus in OV. They're still the minority, and are never encountered at a high enough level where Corrosive Projection is needed unless you don't bring weapons that are modded to deal the appropriate damage types to deal with them. And Hunter Munitions works plenty fine without the weapon having high base slash damage, or even ANY base slash damage. All that matters for Hunter Munitions is crit. If a weapon has low base damage but high crit and high fire rate, like Baza, it can be a beast with Hunter Munitions, especially after adding on Argon Scope and multishot. Amprex does no physical damage at all, and it can apply slash procs with Hunter Munitions.

15 minutes ago, Zirazel said:

F.ing limbo and nyx helmet alerts all the #*!%ing time! SET A SARYN HEMLOCK!

I use the Saryn Hemlock helmet on my Saryn prime, I like the look because it's not so large, prime one is good as well, hang in there one will show one day for you. 🙂

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

With those Physique changes, will we see improvements to all other low tier Auras? Scavenger Auras, Damage Auras, etc. Also, still no consistency between Steel Charge and Power Donation in terms of mod capacity boosts compared to all other Auras.

Hopefully with the hint of Misery from Redtext, we can have an opportunity to rerun Operation: Shadow Debt for a new event score or atleast get the codex scan.

I agree but from what I found, steel charge gives more due to a promise DE made to player a couple years back.

• Fixing (again) spin attacks not working on controller unless you wait 0.15 seconds after pressing slide (not breaking toggle-sprint this time).

pls do some BASIC testing before deploy a "fix"

now as octavia, we just roll instead of crouch...

btw, whats the controller issue DE trying to fix?? i never had any issue with spin attacks/crouch/slide/sprint?? whats broken needed to fix???

On 2019-01-23 at 1:12 PM, Kyrosiris said:

It's still based off of base HP, and it's not Corrosive Projection, the only aura that should be used in any content that isn't solo, so why bother?

This is great news for life-based Frames.  I got a respectable Health bump on Inaros.  As for corrosive Projection being "the only aura that should be used"... sorry, but I don't base my builds around the whims of meta-chasers who lack the imagination to figure out why other auras might be beneficial.

I use XboxOne controller.
As other players have said, pressing Left bumper of XboxOne controller cause rolling.
I hold down it , then crouch.
We can't crouch and use Octavia's ability "Nocturne".

Fix please....

In addition, I feel move of all warframe is a little slower. That's a bug?

On 2019-01-23 at 12:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Magnum Force Changes:

• Increased Damage from +66% to +165% (at max rank). 
  • Increased Accuracy reduction from -33% to -55% (at max rank).

Changes:

• Increased the Physique Aura Mod from providing +18% Health to +90% Health (at max rank). 

all i can ask is.....Why now? and will the other useless auras follow suit with buffs?

Magnum and Physique buffs seem nifty, even though magnum still seems hard to justify on a build it's at least not a horrible use of the slot even disregarding space now. Unsure whether physique is worthwhile or not now, but likewise improved at least.

Makes me sad for various other corrupted mods that are equally bad though. Hope more of those 6 year old mods get a look over soon too?

Since this update i can no longer spam crouch wirth my ps4 controller sometimes i cant even bullet jump, it just rolls instead even when standing still, if i tap L1 which is saved as Crouch, Slide, Roll It just rolls. I hope someone reads and fixes this otherwise ill repeat it at each hotfix.

This has to be the most badly worded Riven Challenge and criteria I have ever seen:

40Ba0JF.jpg

First, it fails to point out that the Dargyns have to be off the ground in order to qualify.  I know, I know -- it's typical for Riven Challenges for them to be flying... 

What really got me however is that I was able to figure out how to shoot them with a bow, but hitting the ground is considered a status effect?  Since when?  I would think that status would fall into these categories...  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Status_Effect  Impact however is a physical effect.  

Nothing in that description includes physical damage, which coincidentally reset the challenge for god only knows what reason.  

Good morning,

I thoroughly appreciate the changes here.  I just hope that these modifications to make certain mods more useful roll out to other items.  I'm looking squarely at you Split Chamber.  I'm looking there because 90% is fine with a bullet hose, but when you lose a second Opticor bolt it's a gigantic hit.  I'll gladly take a new mod to farm for, or more ideally a 10% minimum increase to make it more consistent.

Profit-Taker is still a crap shoot, and needs some love.  Sometimes a ping of sub 90 ms means a smooth experience.  Sometimes it means the Profit-Taker doesn't receive any damage from you.  Sometimes it means you can't summon an archgun.  I've also played with 200+ ms of ping and had no issues.  It's frustrating, when a working fight seems to be a reasonable balance of frustrating and fun.  Please take a look at it, and apply some fixing for the sake of consistency.  If at all possible, also give us some cues on the attacks.  The lightning bolts from nowhere and instant death beams with no cues are unreasonable.

The next topic to review is the Rivens.  As stated above, the Dargyn Pilot based challenges are frustrating.  I got a riven that required 4 die before they hit the ground.  I sniped two out of the air, allowing the vehicle to float to the ground.  This doesn't count for the achievement.  I annihilated 2 with an Opticor blast, killing pilot and vehicle.  This doesn't count for the riven.  The only thing that counts is to destroy the vehicle, and then snipe the falling pilot.  I think the challenge either needs qualifiers to make it clear, or to be fixed such that the two above kill scenarios are counted towards completing the riven.

I must also offer some slight praise.  It's a far cry from a road map, but finally outlining something during the stream as a rough plan is much appreciated.  I look forward to actually getting a proper timeline in the future, and appreciate that this was finally included in some manner.  Additionally, it's good to know DE will finally be going back to fixing the large amount of things that have been introduced.  Archwing getting real love after 2+ years of neglect is nice.  Running events rather than sitting around waiting for content drops is also appreciated.  Finally, understanding that DE will be fixing the Plains of Eidolon to more closely match Fortuna (specifically the economy and grind improvements) offers much hope that if more "open worlds" are included they'll be released in at least a moderately enjoyable state.

Please continue with the improvements.  It's great to see DE changing course again, as Open Worlds are finally dying out as the latest fad.

Thanks for the zipline fix, i myself had issues between it and the datamass on mobile defence missions.

In fortuna and in relays is it at all possible to clear up clairity or volume of npcs? as far as i can tell Tenno should  have sharp senses including smell if alad V's hypothesis is to be considered (insert Natah questline quote here, underwater scene second to last mission).

also it feels sad when you cant get credit for animal rescues after hitting the standing cap of the day. Could we change this part to just reduce how many points are earned vs not getting any at all? thanks. PS: i wonder if there will be an event/bounty related to freeing those corpus caged vermink someday... <3

Fixing (again) spin attacks not working on controller unless you wait 0.15 seconds after pressing slide (not breaking toggle-sprint this time).

Did this get reverted again? Because it really feels like it today after spin attack being nice and responsive the last week or so.

Wouldn't surprise me if it did given that some others were still having other issues with this fix, but I don't see a note saying it has.

Would be curious what the commonalities may be among those for whom this fix keeps causing problems and also among those for whom it is not.  For instance what OS we're running, whether we're launching through Steam or not, whether Steam is being allowed to manage the controller at all, etc.

For instance, I'm on Windows 10, using Steam, and Steam is not managing my controller.  The spin-attack fix has worked fine for me until today and has not caused any other undesired behavior.

Archived