Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crouch doesn´t work properly

Voidashious

2 minutes ago, HC217 said:

check your keybindings to see if you remapped roll/sprint or roll to crouch.

I Checked, I was using octavia before hotfix no issue when i restarted the game after hotfix was deployed the issue started

2 minutes ago, ItzNaty said:

I Checked, I was using octavia before hotfix no issue when i restarted the game after hotfix was deployed the issue started

is this specific to octavia or have you tried other frames and have the same issue?

Just now, ItzNaty said:

every frame..and operator slides instead of going into void mode

right, then you've either remapped sprint/roll or roll key to crouch key, or your game is completely broken and you should reinstall after scrubbing your hard drive with a fine-toothed comb. with acid.

42 minutes ago, HC217 said:

right, then you've either remapped sprint/roll or roll key to crouch key, or your game is completely broken and you should reinstall after scrubbing your hard drive with a fine-toothed comb. with acid.

No, that's not the issue. The issue is likely from the 24.2.10 Hotfix:

Fixing (again) spin attacks not working on controller unless you wait 0.15 seconds after pressing slide (not breaking toggle-sprint this time).

I imagine that in the process of fixing that issue, they created another one. Octavia is currently unplayable because of this.

On a similar note, rebinding controls on controller hasn't worked since I last played in 2015, after numerous updates, re-installs, and even editing the config file. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. I don't know what system they use for controller rebinding, but it's not in an acceptable state at all.

It is because you used to have to be moving to trigger a roll if I remember correctly. Now it triggers on every "double click" of the crouch regardless of movement. Rolling, for the most part, is useless as we have much better ways of moving about the tiles while avoiding enemy fire. As stated earlier, Octavia is honestly useless as it is impossible go invisible. The roll mechanic should just go back to the way it was. It was there without being in the way. 

43 minutes ago, SpyroManiac1 said:

No, that's not the issue. The issue is likely from the 24.2.10 Hotfix:

I imagine that in the process of fixing that issue, they created another one. Octavia is currently unplayable because of this.

On a similar note, rebinding controls on controller hasn't worked since I last played in 2015, after numerous updates, re-installs, and even editing the config file. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. I don't know what system they use for controller rebinding, but it's not in an acceptable state at all.

did not see it was a controller issue. mb

5 minutes ago, majicmojo73 said:

Rolling, for the most part, is useless as we have much better ways of moving about the tiles while avoiding enemy fire.

roll is super useful, actually. it's great for extra momentum, or more air time without using glide/slide, which kill/uses momentum. plus, you know there's a 75% DR while rolling, so it's great to close gaps while using melee. plus it's good for cancelling hard falls by rolling into the landing, helps you dodge knockbacks and other cc, etc. not even talking about the mod, this is all base. it's as essential a parkour tool as double jump and very important in melee combat.

Ya I guess I do use but only when I am in the air really. I still think it should not trigger on a double click. And there is now way to remap it as it is lumped together with crouch and slide as one option with no way to separate them. It would be cool to see them allow us to separate them in a way that would allow us to take more advantage of controllers with paddles so we could get even more efficient with the movement.

Problems have happened back in 24.2.9, but not 24.2.9.1 (reverted), then the problem returns in 24.2.10.
1. Crouch now have a delay with "Crouch, slide and roll". Bullet jump (crouch + jump) is now more difficult.
2. Crouch now roll when not moving at all. Not good when trying to crouch fast but not roll.
3. Controller only have a combined crouch function. Crouch without roll (hold, not toggle) is missing for controllers.

Keyboard have an option to bind "Crouch, slide and roll" into something and would probably have the same problems. They default to only "Crouch" (hold, not toggle). Where is crouch-only (hold) for game controller?

What if this update went to video game consoles? The number of complaints would be much bigger as most console players use game controllers.

I agree, I main Octavia on PC controller, and it can take up to about 10 seconds to actually activate her metronome ability now, due to the fact crouch normally is so slow, and double-tapping means your frame rolls instead of fast crouching... If it's impossible to remove, can there at least be a toggle for double-tap rolling on/off placed in the menu? 

(So we can go back back to playing awesome music and being stealthy at the same time)

yes, i'm having the same issue.

nothing was changed in my settings. every warframe is the same.

happened right after hotfix 24.2.10

I can't even bullet jump from stand still. makes game unplayable with octavia and annoying with others.

please fix.

Well this is helpful I really wanted to start playing Octavia but now I can't damn I wish this would get sorted even a toggle crouch option so it does it on a button press and roll on hold would fix it that's not much of a job I can see it's just switching functions. But hey that's just my opinion.

Oh whew, its not just my controller giving up the ghost! I too am having the same problems with octavia on controllers - I use a wired 360. Logged in last night and she was rolling around instead of crouching. Incredibly irritating D=!