Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

have DE ever used fan-made warframe concepts and designs?

Joltyboi

so as the title asks, has there ever been a time where DEs used fan-made warframe concepts and designs before? cause ive found a few really good ones that ide love to see put into the game, at least if theyre ever stuck on what to do for new warframes *cough*FURION*cough*

edit: im talking purely about warframes with this, i already know that player made weapon designs have been put into the game, but i wanna know about warframes cause i wanna know if these amazing designs and warframe concepts have a shot of getting in the game one day, i need my furion fix man

Edited by Joltyboi

As for warframes, I don't remember much but i think Chroma was a fan idea

This guy > https://www.deviantart.com/liger-inuzuka ,  made a lot of the recent deluxe skins, i don't know if DE commissioned him or just really liked his designs

I think if a particular idea gets a lot of feedback and as long as it's not close to the current frames in terms of design, theme, or skills, DE MIGHT consider it.

Here is a warframe concept also made by the same guy > https://www.deviantart.com/liger-inuzuka/art/Warframe-Concept-Art-Wraithe-the-Reaper-Incarnate-712851075

now, it looks great but it reminds me a little bit of nekros

Edited by Sir_Carl

3 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

1. Zephyr
2. Jat Kusar
3. Silva & Aegis

Those three are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

i already knew about jat kusar and silva and aegis, i just meant purely warframes, not weapons or anything else, but i had no idea zephyr was a fan-made idea/concept, thanks for letting me know

3 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Here is a warframe concept also made by the same guy > https://www.deviantart.com/liger-inuzuka/art/Warframe-Concept-Art-Wraithe-the-Reaper-Incarnate-712851075

now, it looks great but it reminds me a little bit of nekros

first: ide like to say both thank you and f*ck you, cause im glad you showed me this awesome warframe concept, but now im gonna be wishing that it was actually in the game for as long as i remember it

second: i dont really see the similarities beyond "collecting souls", and even thats a bit of a stretch, nekros doesnt really collect their souls, he brings the enemies back from the dead, and none of this frames abilities remotely remind me of nekros'

1 minute ago, Joltyboi said:

second: i dont really see the similarities beyond "collecting souls", and even thats a bit of a stretch, nekros doesnt really collect their souls, he brings the enemies back from the dead, and none of this frames abilities remotely remind me of nekros'

It's more of like the theme of the frame rather than the skills. Nekros is supposed to be a death frame while this one is something like what you would encounter after death so in my opinion that's pretty close. I agree tho, I really want to see this warframe in game but as you can see this was made in 2017 and its already 2019 so it's unlikely which is sad 😞

1 minute ago, Sir_Carl said:

It's more of like the theme of the frame rather than the skills. Nekros is supposed to be a death frame while this one is something like what you would encounter after death so in my opinion that's pretty close. I agree tho, I really want to see this warframe in game but as you can see this was made in 2017 and its already 2019 so it's unlikely which is sad 😞

that sucks, i dont really think its fair of them not to make a warframe that just so happens to have a similar theme to another frame thats in the game, yeah nekros has the death theme, but what if you dont like the part of death he pulls from? it would be nice to have options, and why should theme matter when the abilities and play styles would be completely different? i really hope "we already have this theme" isnt part of DEs thought process when coming up with a new frame (minus if the last frame released had the same theme, i could see people getting a bit annoyed if two frames with the same theme came out back to back)

19 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

1. Zephyr
2. Jat Kusar
3. Silva & Aegis

Those three are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• The Mios was designed and submitted by the player RedSkittlez for the Community Melee Weapon Contest.

Edited by Tricky5hift
  • Like 2

People get real attached to frame concepts. Past a certain point of popularity, or really outside a time where DE is actively soliciting ideas for them, those popular concepts like Furion or that real edgelordy one or the J-pop nightmare become extremely radioactive. Players have no clue about balance or health of the game so if a model is too complex and needs to be simplified then DE has destroyed the visuals, change the stats and DE has obliterated the FuN, change an ability and DE doesn't know what they are doing.

There is no upside for DE to use fan concepts verbatim.

il y a 4 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

@Joltyboi

Community made Warframes:

Zephyr
Nova

Community made Weapons:

Kronen
Silvia & Aegis
Jat Kusar

Community made enemies:

Manic (Grineer)
Bursa (Corpus)
Juggernaut (Infested)

Community made memes turned into NPC:

Clem

John Prodman

Fixed that for you 😛

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

10 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Why does almost everyone forget that the reason we have the sword whips is also community suggestions, The mios being the main reason 

10 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

edit: im talking purely about warframes with this, i already know that player made weapon designs have been put into the game