The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poor 1H Melee Weapons

Renthar

U10 arrives and still no proposed fix or solution for the obvious problem of 1 handed melee weapons. 

I mean, they haven't made any in god-knows how long, so they're aware of the issue. No communication on it though, very disappointing,

I have an idea, although I'll admit I haven't thought it through. The Kogake has a move (maybe other weps do as well, not sure) where 1 button press, further into the combo, performs 2 quick punches. My proposal is to have 1h melee weps perform multiple short, quick strikes with each button press. i.e. a combo. The combo would still only have 4-5 movements within the combo, but each movement (button press) would have progressively more strikes.

Anyone who has played The Force Unleashed, or a lot of other games thinking about it, will be familiar with this concept.

Either that or DE just pops on News and Announcements and just openly states that 1h melee weps are purely cosmetic :P

I'm not saying my idea is perfect, but they have to try something.

Everyone's been saying that, but I fail to see how this problem can be solved with damage types rather than mechanics. The way all other weps operate is more efficient than 1h melee weps. Making 1h weps more powerful or effective against armour doesn't seem like the best way to solve this conundrum.

Everyone's been saying that, but I fail to see how this problem can be solved with damage types rather than mechanics. The way all other weps operate is more efficient than 1h melee weps. Making 1h weps more powerful or effective against armour doesn't seem like the best way to solve this conundrum.

Again, we can't see until it is coming. And like I said, hopefully.