Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a proposed rework for Vauban.

(PSN)robotwars7

Vauban rework proposal:

- buff his passive: extra armour for allies is nice, when it's a decent amount. 50 armour is the equivalent of wearing Tinfoil against bullets. at least 200 extra armour would not be unbalanced, as squishy frames would not become tanks immediately, but it would do something.

- Tesla needs a LOT more damage if DE want to make it an offensive ability. have the Teslas chain between each other and deal increased damage when an enemy steps between two or more Teslas. another option would be to just make it an AoE grenade like Sapping Osprey Orbs, but emitting constant lightning over an are instead of energy. Teslas could also be made to supercharge allies if stuck onto a player; granting them additional electrical damage or even replenishing some energy.

- Minelayer needs to be scrapped as it is too convoluted, and none of the current grenade options are useful beyond very particular situations. they need to be replaced with an ability that is better against hordes, because that's what warframe is: a horde shooter. I'm thinking it could be replaced with either a turret ability for suppressive fire, or a protective AoE that is laden with mines, spikes and other assorted traps, acting as a defensible point for the Tenno, and possibly granting buffs as well. teslas deployed within it could also deal more damage or have increased range.

- Bastille needs to have the bug fixed and offer some kind of protection against ranged attacks: ti works great on infested, but enemies shooting into the Bastille can sill wreck Vauban and his allies. i'm thinking perhaps give it a stasis field that freezes projectiles, or at the very least slows them to a crawl. 

- Vortex is pretty sound mechanically, but could be buffed. it might be interesting to make it a dual mode power, deploy the Vortex to suck in enemas, then press again to go from singularity to explosion, and send enemies flying, kinda like Nidus' Larva but with an explosion follow-up. the damage from the explosion effect upon deactivating Vortex could scale with the health taken from enemies caught in it, so the more enemies you pull in, the more damage you deal to them when you hit them with the explosion. this way Vortex can CC and also dispose of weaker enemies, as any ult really should.

TLDR VERSION:
- buff passive

- more tesla damage/ sapping orb style constant AoE instead of proximity based.

- scrap minelayer, replace with powerful turret or new defensive power.

- fix Bastille and grant it protection from ranged attacks.

- buff vortex and/or allow the player to S U C C enemies, then blast them away. damage and CC rolled into one.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-24 at 4:15 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

buff passive

Great idea. 

more tesla damage/ sapping orb style constant AoE instead of proximity based.

Perfect. 

scrap minelayer, replace with powerful turret or new defensive power.

A turret would be redundant with an appropriately buffed Tesla, and Vauban is already basically a walking redundancy problem. A new defensive power would be the much better idea of the two. 

fix Bastille and grant it protection from ranged attacks.

My personal favorite way to fix Bastille. 

buff vortex and/or allow the player to S U C C enemies, then blast them away. damage and CC rolled into one.

My only problem with this is that this kind of idea works better on Larva (which does this with its augment). Larva is such a long ranged one-time enemy snatch, whereas Vortex is much more persistent but with much less range. So you wouldn't really be able to use it to snatch up a huge pile of enemies and blast them apart all at once the way you can with augmented Larva. But perhaps this isn't much of a problem, because since Vortex is such a set and forget ability, you could also just put a few Teslas under it to DoT the enemies affected by Vortex, so I'm probably just nitpicking. 

Really good ideas overall. I'm a fan.