Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Rework? please?

-TO-MPentaX

Look, I'm really a character fan with blood and razor-sharp themes and, because of that, Garuda had made me very excited after being announced. But unfortunately I was a little disappointed with her (mainly because of her first ability). it does not really have enormous potential if we exclude the infinite absorption of your first ability, and that's what disappointed me.

talking about her first skill: the shield she created really does not have much reason to be there, it only absorbs damage from the area 
you're looking at (and this is really bad on higher level missions since you're moving and moving his camera all the time and the enemies
 are shooting from all sides) and, as a personal opinion, I found it a little uncomfortable to aim with that shield in front 
(obs: something that also bothered me was that it moves a little slowly in relation to my aim). And on the ball of blood, I thought it might
 have been broken in terms of the damage it might accumulate, but I understand that it was necessary for Garuda to be taken to higher level
 missions (which only proves that it was necessary to put a skill a bit broken to make it a warframe with potential for damage, and that also
 bothers me a bit). And another personal observation is about the visual effects of this ability: I ask again why that shield is there? and 
that ball of blood seems a little badly made as well as the blood spurting from it. why not a layer of blood wrapped around her that would 
serve as armor and absorb the damage? And after that to use the ability again would make that all the blood piled in her hand.

his second, third and fourth skills did not leave much to be desired in my opinion. These are expected skills in a bloody-themed character Although I think that the third skill becomes somewhat useless due to the other various ways of getting energy during a mission and other features like arcane and mods, I also understand that this ability was not put there to replace these other features, but to (and complement the character of course, since this type of skill could not be lacking in a warframe that "controls" blood).

These are my opinions about Garuda (who focused more on her first ability, which is something I really hope will be revisited). I did not mean that it's a bad warframe, but I expected more from her and she could have more potential and maybe more utility. I hope I'm not the only one with these opinions

Edited by MPentaX

She's one of the best frames ingame, her 1 gives her survivability and scaling dmg, her 2 heals her and team mates, her 3 gives her energy, which combined with her 2 gives her endless sustain, while synergising with her passive for a dmg buff, finally her 4 gives one of the best debuff ingame and scaling dmg with her 1.

I dont think she needs any changes.

• Like 3

il y a 12 minutes, BlachWolf a dit :

She could benefit from one tweak or two though. Her 1 and 2 aren't working well when you have trouble finding or even targeting enemies, perhaps allowing this powers to work without an enemy (press and hold - sacrify health instead of targeting an enemy) could solve that. When facing bosses or enemies that can't be targeted by her 1 and 2 she's worthless.

Her 4 isn't working well either, press and hold on an active power is a mess especially with a controller. Holding and targeting simply doesn't work. Since you only throw a limited amount of blades, this power should always be maxed when cast. I'd definitely remove the charge mechanics on this one. Garuda needs to have a smoother gameplay and a more mobile approach - Too many stationary power, animations lock and charge prevent her from being THAT great.

She's definitely a good frame but she's still lacking of a better/simplier gameplay to really shine.

5 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

She could benefit from one tweak or two though. Her 1 and 2 aren't working well when you have trouble finding or even targeting enemies, perhaps allowing this powers to work without an enemy (press and hold - sacrify health instead of targeting an enemy) could solve that. When facing bosses or enemies that can't be targeted by her 1 and 2 she's worthless.

Her 4 isn't working well either, press and hold on an active power is a mess especially with a controller. Holding and targeting simply doesn't work. Since you only throw a limited amount of blades, this power should always be maxed when cast. I'd definitely remove the charge mechanics on this one. Garuda needs to have a smoother gameplay and a more mobile approach - Too many stationary power, animations lock and charge prevent her from being THAT great.

She's definitely a good frame but she's still lacking of a better/simplier gameplay to really shine.

Her 1 needs to draw aggro, thats it.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

7 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Im all for QoL changes.

Edited by BlachWolf

7 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

She's one of the best frames ingame, her 1 gives her survivability and scaling dmg, her 2 heals her and team mates, her 3 gives her energy, which combined with her 2 gives her endless sustain, while synergising with her passive for a dmg buff, finally her 4 gives one of the best debuff ingame and scaling dmg with her 1.

Spoken like a man who actually understands garuda

Garuda is the most recent frame, she's only just gotten out of her balance phase, there's literally no way that she's going to get a rework anytime now.

On that note, her first ability isn't just the damage scaling going for it, it's also the most potent tool for taking advantage of her 4. The blood ball attack from Gara's 1, if you have 201% power strength, will convert all of its damage that you deal into a Bleed proc. 35% of that damage per tick for 7 ticks.

Considering that you can easily get thousands and thousands of damage on that orb, a Bleed from the combo of 4-1 is capable of outright nuking enemies up to level 300 or so with just one hit and virtually no energy cost.

Play in a team for the staying alive part if you have to, but Garuda's scaling is impossible to ignore.

She just needs some polish.

• Her 1st and 2nd are still having targeting issues.
  • Her shield doesn't block certain attacks.
  • Shield should move more quickly.
  • Shield should move vertically when wall-latching or airborne.

That's about it.

When I played her the main thing I wanted changed was how you control her 4. The charge mechanic is clunky, as it is on most abilities with a charge. I'd rather just hold the button down to continuously fire talons and look around to debuff things instead of having to press and release over and over if I'm trying to debuff everything.

il y a 48 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

She just needs some polish.

• Her 1st and 2nd are still having targeting issues.
  • Her shield doesn't block certain attacks.
  • Shield should move more quickly.
  • Shield should move vertically when wall-latching or airborne.

That's about it.

Honestly I'd rather it moved vertically regardless, the rest is on point tho. 

45 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

When I played her the main thing I wanted changed was how you control her 4. The charge mechanic is clunky, as it is on most abilities with a charge. I'd rather just hold the button down to continuously fire talons and look around to debuff things instead of having to press and release over and over if I'm trying to debuff everything.

You realize you dont have to hold to completion right? With natural talent you can hold for a second and that's really all you need when you taking on a group of enemies in front of you. You can also move while charging. I like walking backwards to get my angle right. Also, pick and choose when you actually do completely charge and the ability makes more sense. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

You realize you dont have to hold to completion right? With natural talent you can hold for a second and that's really all you need when you taking on a group of enemies in front of you. You can also move while charging. I like walking backwards to get my angle right. Also, pick and choose when you actually do completely charge and the ability makes more sense. 

Yes, that's clunky though. I didn't mean hold to completion. It would be a lot smoother/faster to just hold and turn then press/release turn and repeat if you're trying to debuff enemies that are spread out all over the place. Granted you don't really need to debuff them at all in most content since the slash procs would be unnecessary anyway, but since it's one of her few tricks I think it should be less clunky to do. 

You obviously ranked her up to 30 and quit playing. Garuda is a very self sustainable, damage dealing frame with all sorts of nifty tricks. She can heal herself at a consistent rate, supply herself with unlimited energy, deal HUGE quantities of damage with her 1 (while also simultaneously shielding herself with her 1), and her damage is backed up by guaranteed slash procs from her 4. Assuming you have enough power strength (which you probably don't if you're calling for a rework), you would have a 100% status chance on her 4, as well as fast healing and high damage on her 2 and 1 respectively. Garuda is my go to for PoE and Fortuna, and those missions always end in a gg. Direct your attention to another frame bud (cough cough revenant cough).

Also, just to add on. You specifically stated Garuda's 1 was bad for tanking at high levels. Garuda isn't a tank, she's a damage dealer. The enemies should all be dead before they get a chance to touch you (similar to Nova, Mesa, possibly Baruuk (on xbox so idk)). They each have damage reduction niches but arent made to tank high levels.

Edited by (XB1)Young Boy HT

17 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

Yes, that's clunky though. I didn't mean hold to completion. It would be a lot smoother/faster to just hold and turn then press/release turn and repeat if you're trying to debuff enemies that are spread out all over the place. Granted you don't really need to debuff them at all in most content since the slash procs would be unnecessary anyway, but since it's one of her few tricks I think it should be less clunky to do. 

What's clunky about one second though? I think if she was stationary I would almost agree, but shes not. You jump in for your shield, start walking backwards while you charge her 4 and release. In most cases you dont even need to charge even a second. Your suggestion is not interactive gameplay at all. 

Edited by (PS4)tissot555