Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Rework? please?

-TO-MPentaX

1 minute ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

What's clunky about one second though? I think if she was stationary I would almost agree. It shes not. You jump in for your shield, start walking backwards while you charge her 4 and release. In most cases you dont even need to charge even a second. Your suggestion is not interactive gameplay at all. 

It's clunky specifically if you want to debuff a lot of enemies that are spread out and have to repeat the same action multiple times instead of just holding and turning. I don't think I would consider press/release turn repeat anymore interactive or interesting gameplay, it's just less convenient controls. If all you want to do is debuff enemies in a narrow area then do some combo it would be exactly the same as it is now since you'd just hold for less than a second to debuff them and then do something else, it would only change situations in which you're focusing on debuffing or debuffing enemies that are very spread out. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

Also, just to add on. You specifically stated Garuda's 1 was bad for tanking at high levels. Garuda isn't a tank, she's a damage dealer. The enemies should all be dead before they get a chance to touch you (similar to Nova, Mesa, possibly Baruuk (on xbox so idk)). They each have damage reduction niches but arent made to tank high levels.

It's really just an inaccurate assessment anyways.

Garuda's shield is literally a wall of immortality. It does have flaws which I hope get fixed and it promotes a campy play style but so does Volt so I can't fault her for that. She can stand in front of lvl 9,999 enemies and never take damage if played well. Other "Tanky" frames could only dream of doing that on their own. She's still a caster in the end though; one mistake and pop she goes.

Baruuk is very tanky... but so are Nova and Mesa so I'm confused with that comparison. Mesa is vulnerable to Radial damage but she's got a ton of eHP. Baruuk doesn't really have a weakness in his defenses. Sadly the whole theme you're building up to for his 4th is flawed since it ragdolls enemies. It's a chore to get any combo meter and resulting damage output. He's fun too which is the saddest part.

@Autongnosis It might cause conflicts with certain weapons like ones with heavy arcs in their shots but I'd be fine with full movement. It would be more fluid feeling if it were always able to more vertical at the very least and provide better cover in places like PoE / Vallis. They delay in it's movement is really quite annoying though. This is a fast paced game with some legit twitch mechanics and her shield has a good 1s delay on it. Not acceptable.

Edited by Xzorn

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)LoisGordils a dit :

Garuda is a perfectly designed Warframe. If you're going to request a rework, request a Revenant rework. 

On that i agree, i only have minor gripes with the details, like the targeting on her 1 and 2, the slow shield movement on her 1, and the fact her 3 only scales off efficiency instead of off efficiency AND strenght (i like my blind rage, what can i say). The theme, the execution and the presentation are all on point. I think they really overdid themselves, i would be hard pressed to find another frame which is so well designed tbh. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Baruuk is very tanky... but so are Nova and Mesa so I'm confused with that comparison. Mesa is vulnerable to Radial damage but she's got a ton of eHP. Baruuk doesn't really have a weakness in his defenses. Sadly the whole theme you're building up to for his 4th is flawed since it ragdolls enemies. It's a chore to get any combo meter and resulting damage output. He's fun too which is the saddest part.

I am on xbox, so i have no experience playing with Baruuk (so comparing him to Garuda maybe isn't the best idea for me right now), but I drew parallels between Mesa, Nova, and Garuda because those three frames are primarily damage dealers, but have methods of reducing their damage taken (shatter shield, nova's 1, garuda's 1). 

look, guys

I never said she was a bad Warframe, ever. also did not say she has only bad sides. I just did not like some aspects of it. absorb infinitely the damage and return it? INFINITELY? Really? I just think a little bit further than "this makes me very strong".

the idea of the skills is good, I just think they could be executed in another way, which in my opinion would be better to play. 

Garuda is one of the best, most complete feeling warframes released. All of her skills benefit from each other naturally, without having direct synergy. She has a flow, a specific way to play her, with specific weaknesses which are fine. 

If i were to make ONE change, it would be for blood alter to taunt, so enemies group up for a charged dread heart attack. but that's pretty unneeded at this point. She's pretty fun and fine without it.