Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Elevate and Magus Nourish should be removed from a game.

Atekron

I do love my elevates so much! but..

they make game ridiculously easy

they completely invalidate tanky frames

they completely invalidate CC frames

they make survivability mods not worthy mod slot

they push META in a direction where only damage matter

they make life strike, healing return outdated

...I do know it's will never happen but that's the reason of why only damage counts right now, that's why Nyx, Loki, Vauban became outdated and "power creep" corrupts game more and more

Edited by Atekron
  • Like 1

Magus Elevate should not be removed. Considering the amount of grind for resources and the time spent to build each one for a full set, it is reasonably balanced. Sure it makes things easier, but that doesn’t mean it should be taken out of the game. 

You say it takes away from tanky frames and I have to disagree. Magus Elevate is great on frames with low armor and health capacities. Because of this, they must rely on some type of healing whereas tanky frames do not, since they are beefy.

You say it invalidates life strike and healing return however I for one use HR on my Excal’s exalted blade. Can magus elevate also heal companions? No. LS and HR do though, so they aren’t invalidated at all.

As for your claim that it hurts CC frames, I do not know how you came to this conclusion. Healing has nothing to do with how a frame operates crowd control effectively. Also survivability mods always have a place in warframe. EHP is important, and whatever can be done to increase it, will be done. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

Octavia basically invalidates all frames, you don't see people begging to remove her.

That's a horrible comparison. Octavia is good, but that hyperbole isn't true. You can't replace Volt in Eidolons with Octavia. You can't replace Volt/Saryn in ESO with Octavia. She can do spy missions and give buffs to players, but if you think replacing something like Chroma with Octavia is going to give similar results, it most likely won't be the case.

What OP is saying is more like: "Remove Arcane Energize from the game because you can spam more abilities with two sets equipped while using Zenurik."

The "don't like it, don't use it" argument is shallow as ignoring things doesn't actually solve anything. What I would say is this:

Magus Elevate is a balanced Arcane as it allows you to heal lower HP Warframes and is worse as your frame gets more health. This is a trade-off with Magus Repair. Likewise, there are multiple healing methods in the game and Elevate is not always the optimal choice depending on the mission.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

yeah remove it along with chroma and inaros, whenever i use them I can't die, this isn't fun! Remove the frames and let me choose a different frame which will be the next op thing I can ask DE to nerf!

Edited by Radagosh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Atekron said:

I do love my elevates so much! but..

Players who complain about a pve game need to be removed from the game. If you dont like it man, just dont use it. Seriously, go to a mirror and ask yourself why you want to ruin things for other people. Really soul search on that. It runs deeper than video games. People like you have been ruining society for years. The rest of us want to move on without you

• Like 2

What is going on with all these inane threads in recent?

Stuff makes stuff too easy... Stuff makes stuff boring.... Stuff makes stuff take too long... Not enough stuff...Too much stuff... stuff [insert complaint] other stuff = blah, blah, blah.

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Don't want it? Don't keep it.

Makes stuff too easy? Stop using it.

I fully expect someone to complain that people shouldn't be able to play with monitors turned on any second now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Players who complain about a pve game need to be removed from the game. If you dont like it man, just dont use it. Seriously, go to a mirror and ask yourself why you want to ruin things for other people. Really soul search on that. It runs deeper than video games. People like you have been ruining society for years. The rest of us want to move on without you

I do not complaining, it's just my opinion with reasoning, it's what forum is for, for discussions

" why you want to ruin things for other people. " - this is complaining and whining

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

Magus Elevate should not be removed. Considering the amount of grind for resources and the time spent to build each one for a full set, it is reasonably balanced.

300p 

I would not call it "reasonably balanced" for power it give you for that price

6 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I do not complaining, it's just my opinion with reasoning, it's what forum is for, for discussions

" why you want to ruin things for other people. " - this is complaining and whining

you do realize opinions still need evidence right.  You provided none of that.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

What is going on with all these inane threads in recent?

Stuff makes stuff too easy... Stuff makes stuff boring.... Stuff makes stuff take too long... Not enough stuff...Too much stuff... stuff [insert complaint] other stuff = blah, blah, blah.

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Don't want it? Don't keep it.

Makes stuff too easy? Stop using it.

I fully expect someone to complain that people shouldn't be able to play with monitors turned on any second now. 

Let them keep posting.  The replies they get in return are well worth it in entertainment value.

1 minute ago, Chappie1975 said:

you do realize opinions still need evidence right.  You provided none of that.  

...I do know it's will never happen but that's the reason of why only damage counts right now, that's why Nyx, Loki, Vauban became outdated and "power creep" corrupts game more and more

^^^ here, your welcome

but, "opinions still need evidence right" are you sure about this? anyway above some explanation why those arcanes in my opinion are bad

• Like 1

How do they invalidate tanky frames, survival mods and healing mods on weapons?

Jumping in and out of operator gets nothing killed, survival mods, tanky frames and healing mods on weapons help you stay in frame far longer while relying on elevate as an "oh skritt I'm hit!" button. You need to be able to take hits in order for the arcanes to be useful, if you are a squishy frame in higher content that 1HK you, then elevate or other healing arcanes wont do squat for you.

1 minute ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Is this bait? It must be bait. Ihope it is just bait. If not. May the spacegods have mercy on your poor soul.

no, well maybe a little, but seriously, I swear those arcanes should be blamed for current META

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How do they invalidate tanky frames, survival mods and healing mods on weapons?

Jumping in and out of operator gets nothing killed, survival mods, tanky frames and healing mods on weapons help you stay in frame far longer while relying on elevate as an "oh skritt I'm hit!" button. You need to be able to take hits in order for the arcanes to be useful, if you are a squishy frame in higher content that 1HK you, then elevate or other healing arcanes wont do squat for you.

2 arcanes will heal you to full health in fraction of second, and you asking why it's broken? 

how it's invalidate tanks? why I need to play a tank if I can play high DPS frame, that supposed to be squishy and never die

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Atekron said:

2 arcanes will heal you to full health in fraction of second, and you asking why it's broken? 

how it's invalidate tanks? why I need to play a tank if I can play high DPS frame, that supposed to be squishy and never die

Because doing the Elevate dance takes you out of combat and actually doesn't heal you to full anywhere near that fast?
Hell, you even bash Nourish, which honestly needs a buff to be percent health to give it a use compared to Elevate (outside of Excalibruh setups).

Besides, what's different between doing an elevate dance and tossing a pizza on the ground? The pizza doesn't take me out of combat, doesn't get screwed over by client lag, heals in larger ticks, and can be spammed with reliability.

Oh also, it eats an operator magus slot. Those are actually reasonably valuable if you want little s**t to not be, well, s**t.

Edited by Eirshy
  • Like 2