Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Elevate and Magus Nourish should be removed from a game.

Atekron

As someone who has less than 1K hours into the game and gets one shotted by random bull S#&$ left and right.... I wish I had those Arcanes.

And this is the main problem with Warframe... The grind required to get some of these buffs to improve your survivability or damage require you to already be able to already have good damage and survivability in the first place to make grinding for them more consistent. 

The entire reward structure in Warframe is wrong... where the powerful only get more powerful and those who are struggling just get stuck.

If you don't want those Arcanes then give them to someone who desperately needs survivability... 

Atleast that way you would be helpful.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But why waste arcanes to make the operator slightly stronger when the only content you really use him in is eidolon hunting? I can understand buffing him for eidolon hunts specifically, but for all other types of content the operator buffs are a complete waste. So the usefull arcanes that are left are the ones that help your frame survive. Or with Repair, yours and everyone elses frame within 20m.

Because with all the mods and Arcanes available for your warframe a good build can take care of itself already hell I have no good Arcanes and my builds still take care of themselves. If you need those 2 extra operator slots that bad it's just covering a bad build especially if it's just for healing. And Operator is becoming more featured in content as time goes on. The New War could involve Operator 50/50 with Warframes honestly.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Because with all the mods and Arcanes available for your warframe a good build can take care of itself already hell I have no good Arcanes and my builds still take care of themselves. If you need those 2 extra operator slots that bad it's just covering a bad build especially if it's just for healing. And Operator is becoming more featured in content as time goes on. The New War could involve Operator 50/50 with Warframes honestly.

But why not use what is available? It is afterall free and up for grabs.

I'll tackle The New War when it comes, but I doubt we will need much operator in it, seeing as how we got Paracesis for Warframe Sentient killing. But before all that comes I rather focus on what we have, which means doing what I can to make the most of my frame.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But why not use what is available? It is afterall free and up for grabs.

I'll tackle The New War when it comes, but I doubt we will need much operator in it, seeing as how we got Paracesis for Warframe Sentient killing. But before all that comes I rather focus on what we have, which means doing what I can to make the most of my frame.

That's not an awful thing but if it becomes something you rely on and when the time comes refuse to compromise on it can become a big detriment when things actually call for a strong frame and Operator. You likely see how many people say this or that is "mandatory" in a build already since they actually can't play without it now they grew too comfortable with a very specific setup. I hesitate to say it's a crutch since really anything can be considered that buuut if you're using your Operator to cover faults in the frame leaving them weaker and the frame not self sufficient than I suppose that's what it ends up as.

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

As someone who has less than 1K hours into the game and gets one shotted by random bull S#&$ left and right.... I wish I had those Arcanes.

And this is the main problem with Warframe... The grind required to get some of these buffs to improve your survivability or damage require you to already be able to already have good damage and survivability in the first place to make grinding for them more consistent. 

The entire reward structure in Warframe is wrong... where the powerful only get more powerful and those who are struggling just get stuck.

If you don't want those Arcanes then give them to someone who desperately needs survivability... 

Atleast that way you would be helpful.

hint: spend some money

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 12:07 PM, Atekron said:

2 arcanes will heal you to full health in fraction of second, and you asking why it's broken? 

how it's invalidate tanks? why I need to play a tank if I can play high DPS frame, that supposed to be squishy and never die

In a fraction of a second? Excuse me? my Mag has around 420 HP and with Magnus Nourish, if I were say at 100HP would take 17 seconds of me either staying in void cloak mode while my health regens or shooting with my space kid. Any higher health frame requires you to be doing nothing, or very little because of space kids amps not doing that much except to weak enemies. It's not overpowered. By your logic, Trinity should be removed too because with the press of a single button EVERYONE in her range gets full shields and full HP basically andit's not like Trinity's Blessing takes long to cast, or cost much for a Trinity.

They're Arcanes, they are entirely optional, require a bit of farming, and are less efficient then you're blowing them up to be.

Ever since operator in general was introduced, the game became less challenging, and much more, eh boring. While magus elevate is another option you could build your builds around, it just makes the game boring, new ways to evade situations that you couldn't evade before but can now evade with ease isn't really that fun, and ever since focus became more skewed to operators than warframes, it made feeling like a bad ass space ninja feel like playing as a spam 5 every minute simulator, I.e for energy, survival (protective dash), or just evading all damage, or going super fast ruining some warframe kits that weren't really mean't to be fast and such, it also removed some aspects of working as a team. 

I really enjoyed the parkour of warframes till operators came and dumped on it, that's what I do fear might start happening with Jupiter revamp. Well operators took the thrill away from things when you realized you had a universal temporary easy to use god mode and get me out of here button. Then the magus arcanes came and took some purposes of warframes away.
It's my general opinion.

• Like 1

you have a point.... can't say i disagree that they make an easy game even more easy

BUT

warframe is built for the smallest common denominator.... and believe it or not...every time i go public with mobs higher than lvl 30-40 people manage to muck it up.
there are multiple threads that say that game mechanic a,b,c should be nerfed because it is too hard
ppl complain about something being too grindy when it takes only a couple of hours to get it

think of someone with no gaming experience, no sense of how to play a shooter and the intrinsic need for instant gratification...
that is the audience WF is built for
that is the audience that needs OP stuff to manage sorties

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

K. 

But first you will return my 24k oxium. 

Yes you personally. 

Not developers. 

Wait SERIOUSLY ? 24 000 :O ? from a resource that only drops from a specific enemy in tiny quantities ? That's freaking Daylight Robbery. 

10 минут назад, Lutesque сказал:

On what ? Potatoes ? Yesterday my Gara got one shotted by a Level 65 Nox right through 400 Shields and 860 HP while splinter storm was active. So what exactly should I be spending money on ?

I smell bull****. 

I frequently played gara in arbitration WAY past lv 140 and only managed to die once

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You. Dont. Say. 

yepp...the cost of elevate got nerfed....
i didn't farm the 24k oxium (or 48k for 2 sets)
but spent 2k pl...each...

now if anything was unappropriate it was the cost reduction of this arcane...an arcane that strong should be extremely expensive

En 25/1/2019 a las 17:41, (PS4)tissot555 dijo:

Players who complain about a pve game need to be removed from the game. If you dont like it man, just dont use it. Seriously, go to a mirror and ask yourself why you want to ruin things for other people. Really soul search on that. It runs deeper than video games. People like you have been ruining society for years. The rest of us want to move on without you

^this

People like op ruining warframe for us by asking for nerfs constantly. As a general note, they should focus more on buffing stuff, at the very least try keep a 50:50 nerf:buff ratio...

On 2019-01-25 at 4:33 PM, Atekron said:

they completely invalidate tanky frames

On 2019-01-25 at 4:33 PM, Atekron said:

they make survivability mods not worthy mod slot

Ok so bring your Titania/Saryn/Mag/Banshee etc. dps warframe to fking Profit Taker fight and see what your Elevate means in front of one shot deaths.

Yes, it makes every mission on levels below 60 impossible to die in, BUT YOU SHOULDN'T DIE THERE ANYWAYS. 

Even without Elevate 99% of game is stupidly easy so removing it wouldn't change a thing. You can just use Party Health Pizzas and have same effect (but you have to craft it, but well I have over 300 and never use it anyways).

On 2019-01-27 at 6:13 PM, 17inchguns said:

People like op ruining warframe for us by asking for nerfs constantly. As a general note, they should focus more on buffing stuff, at the very least try keep a 50:50 nerf:buff ratio...

people like op just voicing their opinion, not asking for nerf

when DE destroyed Ember it was nerf, when DE will remove thosearcanes it would be healthy decision for whole game design

but worry not, they will not do it, cos players like you constantly whining when something is changing for better game experience

although they did remove Spamulor, Boltace and Tonkor so there is still hope...

• Like 1

En 30/1/2019 a las 15:56, Atekron dijo:

people like op just voicing their opinion, not asking for nerf

when DE destroyed Ember it was nerf, when DE will remove thosearcanes it would be healthy decision for whole game design

but worry not, they will not do it, cos players like you constantly whining when something is changing for better game experience

although they did remove Spamulor, Boltace and Tonkor so there is still hope...

The hypocrisy... by that definition "all those players" are just voicing their opinion too. The title is basically asking for the arcanes to be removed, ie a nerf of the worst kind. If you make a thread about them being removed, the objective is preciseley that, there is no other point and is certainky clasified as whining, although passive-agressive. 
As stated by previous posters, dont like it, dont use it. Another player using them wont have a detrimental effect on your experience. Many other valid points brought up that highlight why your removal petition is nonsensical, start reading and reflecting.

On 2019-01-26 at 1:59 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

or you could just use different arcanes. things don't need to be removed from the game just because you disagree with them. the only place this thread is going to is a Lock.

try magus lockdown on naramon focus tree. now that is fun.