Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fang Prime should have a passive

(PSN)NemitheNem

10 minutes ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Fang Prime is part of Inaros' kit, but Inaros is an assassination frame.

Where did you get this from? Fang Prime has been out since 2013. This is simply not true.

Melee 3.0 might address some of the issues with the weapon.

• Note: I would also like to see Dual Daggers have access to Covert Lethality.
Edited by krc473
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Fang Prime is weak, an argument can even be made that base Fang is better than the Prime variant.

Of course it is weak, it came out way long ago as one of the first Melee prime weapons. It will be made better and more viable to use on Melee 3.0

Fang Prime is part of Inaros' kit, but Inaros is an assassination frame.

Since when? There are so many better Dagger for Inaros to use such as Rakta Dark Dagger and Zaw Daggers. Inaros is a Tank Warframe not an assassination frame. Just because his 1st skill grants him finishers, doesnt mean hes an Assassination frame. I can easily turn any frame into an Assassination just by using the Stinging Thorn stance as one of its moves grants a finisher even the target not being blind or downed.

Therefore, Fang Prime should have the special passive that you can put Covert Lethality on it

Wait for Melee 3.0, im sure it wont even need Covert Lethality.

Dual Daggers altogether need something that sets then apart. 

Polearms and Greatswords have range and Tempo Royale.

Hammers have the strongest finisher attacks, ground slams, and good CC.

Gun blades are another side arm basically. 

Single/Dual swords have good quick melee.

Fists are very fast and have a funny drop kick move. 

Tonfa have the strongest slide attack multipliers. 

Single dagger has Covert Lethality.

Glaive can be thrown. 

Sword and Board have the most mobility and the strongest block. 

But what about double dagger? 

• Aetheric dagger functionality  & throwing attacks - Fang Prime requires more attacks per stance, secondary fire to stance change, and the missing air--and magic modes for combat to be exciting. 
  • what if the fangprime could enhance the primary and secondary or pet? 
  • out of ammo? throw a dagger! -FFXIV
  • use energy to create throwable daggers, hold attack button, and channel energy to make them explode, etc.
  • Gear/coating/stance change/emote/merits/glow.
  • Red, blue stars catalyst for fang weapons ammo, and pickups enhance fangs combat options.
  • lastylu i just want to say that the quick melee is abit boring, so if you atleast allow for players to use up some energy to throw a spinning or linear daggers, they could take after the granade launchers to tether enemies inplace or stick them to walls,  energy  fangs would be more fun to make them compatible withouth the energy channels.
  • Rune daggers, and Sealing propertiesl; syndicate tutor players and allow for trial weapons and guns to be tested or purchased.
  •  
Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

On 2019-01-25 at 5:59 PM, Xaxma said:

Dual Daggers altogether need something that sets then apart. 

Polearms and Greatswords have range and Tempo Royale.

Hammers have the strongest finisher attacks, ground slams, and good CC.

Gun blades are another side arm basically. 

Single/Dual swords have good quick melee.

Fists are very fast and have a funny drop kick move. 

Tonfa have the strongest slide attack multipliers. 

Single dagger has Covert Lethality.

Glaive can be thrown. 

Sword and Board have the most mobility and the strongest block. 

But what about double dagger? 

i came up with the idea of allowing some stance switching and gambit style gameplay, where the players are allowed to equip two or more combat or stances by default the mod would be named Fire/Eagle Dance which would allow the player to change the elemental attacks of their danngers and functionallity property. Say that the daggers were able to trace, and pinpoint loot and treasure or enemies on the map by default the fang could allow for this if the player is crouching with the weapons active, then while sprinting they could get more running speed and have a new throwing mode. The throwing mode would be default for all single and dual daggers, so we can make up a tomahawk schemata, and spinning versus, linear and energy blade comparison, against elemental and channel variants, later on we can discuss augmentation, riven and syndicate special attacks, and allow for a good time the use of energy to be refreshing and empowering the range and functionality of the daggers, they could extend, and have other enhancements if there is nodes nearby.    Also thankyou for listening.

also would like to point out that the fan-blades could eventually be combined to be a transforming dual dagger or throwable to enhance the gameplay with more melee weapons added in the future so that they dont stay boring, i found the daggers to be quick and snappy but until 3.0 comes out i'll still think that fists weapons are the best and least boring melee weapon, the hammer was very bad and satisfying however, but i would like my fangprime experience to go out with new special features, throwing attacks, and additional enhancements. or features.

another dispute to examine is dual versus single weapon use, how can we accomodate? there are such mods and augmentations for weapons that are single use, like the furis vampire mod, but i hear that it doesnt apply to the A-furis version which is a huge downer, so personally i dont understand one versus two dagger use, or how to make either viable option, unless the stance switching, throwing, and secondary fire modes are interesting, ill just stick to my gunblade.

How about we just give them a much longer range for stealth kills?
Like at least 15~20m. Once targeted, the warframe leaps to their target and performs stealth attack.
This can be followed up again continuously as long as the stealth attack successfully kills the prior target and as long as the frame is not seen.

Its a niche use but I think it will be a great niche. Especially for some silent covert frames like Ash, Loki, Ivara and etc.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-25 at 1:54 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yeah it doesn't make any sense why a single dagger can use that mod while two of them can't

yeah i hate that, mods aren't perfectly clear or effective always have a problem with most melee weaponws right now, i hope that they make all of them into handcannon or gunblades they are all quick bores because they lack dominion in combat, compared to the primary weapons and secondaries i've seen that have multiple firing modes, the stances arent avaliable by defeault, nor do they have multiple passive traits or latten skills to aquire, the mods and stances are not that exciting for the melee, i have came up with many good ideas for them, sound effect changes for chanelling, stance changing midcombat enhancements, gearslot options, primary links to subweapons, and also a free banana.

52 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

How about we just give them a much longer range for stealth kills?
Like at least 15~20m. Once targeted, the warframe leaps to their target and performs stealth attack.
This can be followed up again continuously as long as the stealth attack successfully kills the prior target and as long as the frame is not seen.

Its a niche use but I think it will be a great niche. Especially for some silent covert frames like Ash, Loki, Ivara and etc.

if done right you could change stealth into a partial attack that depletes or weakens the enemy with a list of enfeeblements, guaranteed procurements, and status, knockback, poison, fear, quake, or movement speed reductions to fire rate if sucesful, the thing about special attacks is that they would have to be limited so players dont spam them by requiring energy to perform, and with a new mechanic like you said it reminds me of devilmaycry, which strenghtens your warframe or grants you some passive bonus and affinity. pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...