Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eject! Stalker Mode Needs Serious Work

ssh83

2 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

"Is it fun to fight a non-stop jumping Stalker when you only have slow projectile weapons?"
but then you say 
"
The slowish travel speed of exalted blade allow players can see it coming and they can dodge it"
thats the same problem, your just switching it over to stalker lol

Wait, someone actually said that together in the same post?

Reworked? Well, to be fair, balance was never Warframe's thing.

My predictions are along the lines most warframe content align with: They release it, something about it is unfathomably broken, people complain, they fix the problem but add more problems, people keep complaining, they eventually 'rework' it and change it entirely, something about that is unfathomably broken, people complain some more, and finally, a stream of hotfixes that decrease in tempo until they ignore it entirely.

That, or they'll just skip right to the last step and give it the archwing treatment.

Surely will be opt-in and OFF by default. The advantage of going through with it will be: More Stalker invasions = More stalker loot, with the price of being a player instead of dumb AI.

My real question is: What if someone else in your squad is opted in while you are not? How will that work??

My opinion on a Stalker mod which not opt in/out is a no if the stalker can attack you too often. If it is opt in/out then I have no problem with it because it is just a very small part of the game and the stalker Never tried to kill me yet " I killed 4 boss already " so the frequency is not so great so probably you would not see much difference. Only players whom haven't the best gear in the game can feel challenging this mode because the stalker with the current parameters with a human control can be a deadly opponent. I am enjoying more the pve content and I am not so good pvp player so for me it would be a terrible experience. 

Other than this I cannot deny this gives more challenge and cheaper than investing into the ai.

10 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yeah, ok, I guess 😛

Ok, cool.

So, it's good to at least try things that we think we won't like yes, that's the premise. And we're talking about pie.

Xenox, for like two seconds take the following statement and literally just forget it. Let go of it. Be someone else other than the person who believes this: "PvP is good and everyone should do it, and if someone doesn't like PvP that just means they haven't tried it enough, so we have to make them do PvP until they admit they like it, and then we'll find someone else who thinks they don't like PvP and by god we'll burn their house down until they like PvP too."

We're talking about pie.

PIE.

Get on board with the pastry and the fruit filling, we're not even talking about PvP or Stalker, ok?

Have I laboured this point enough, or shall we continue like this for another hundred words or so?

Anyway, suppose that you don't really like pie. Or bananas, in fact. But this guy pops up and says "Oh man, I've made this amazing pie, it's coldwater pastry crust with a sort of spiced banana filling. I had to use condensed milk as a sort of mixer for the bananas, makes it smooth and creamy, but also makes it sweeter, and I added a spice mix to make it fragrant and very slightly tangy, it's almost like a pumpkin pie except with bananas. You have to try it!"

You: "Oh, sorry man, that sounds pretty cool, but I'm not a big fan of bananas, or really, pie in general. Looks good though."

Baker: "Naw dude, that's nonsense. It is literally impossible for you to know that you wouldn't like this pie until you've tried it!"

You: "Uh, ok, but, I actually do know that I don't like pastry crust, and I definitely don't like bananas. Sorry man."

Baker: "No, you're just being childish. You have no idea what the spice mix I used for the filling is like, and the texture of the sweet fruit/condensed milk is great! Ok, the pastry is actually a bit more flaky than I hoped it would be, but I reckon I can just use more butter next time. Anyway, you have to try this pie before you can say you wouldn't like it."

You: "Ugh, fine. I'll try the pie, I probably won't like it, but I will try it. Give me the fork."

[You don't really like the pie. The texture isn't to your liking, and the fruit filling actually makes you gag a little.]

You: "Sorry man, I told you, I don't really like the ingredients is all. You should definitely share it with some folks who like pie though!"

Baker: "No. No, you see, that's not allowed. You said you'd try the pie, and now, I have the right to just keep showing up forever, and shoving very slightly different pies in your face forever, until you admit that you like pie. Because it's not actually about whether or not you enjoy the pie. It's about the fact that I want to bake pies and make people eat them. I don't actually care what you like. If I actually cared about what you like, I'd have stopped trying to make you eat pie after you politely refused for the second time. I don't win by making a pie that you can actually enjoy. I win by bullying you into eating pie whether you like it or not."

So, Xenox. Am I being in any way subtle here? Like, at all?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Asking for a challenge does not mean asking for PvP. Otherwise those players (Including me) would be playing at the Conclave.

We're not.

Your example is akin to asking for food and being given dirt. Sure you can eat it, but that's a bastardization of what you asked for.

More like demanding "GIVE FOOD NOW" and then when being offered food saying "THAT NOT THE FOOD ME WANT, GIVE REAL FOOD". 

It's very clear to anyone paying attention, that the community cannot make up its collective mind about what is wanted beyond "challenging content". From the pattern I've seen, that apparently translates into "we want something that we don't know how to do, so we can wait for someone to figure out the meta so we can cheese it and make believe that we are elite, until too many other people can do it too, and then it will automatically suck because it's not challenging enough". 

BTW mud pies made with real mud are an actual thing. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's very clear to anyone paying attention, that the community cannot make up its collective mind about what is wanted beyond "challenging content". From the pattern I've seen, that apparently translates into "we want something that we don't know how to do, so we can wait for someone to figure out the meta so we can cheese it and make believe that we are elite, until too many other people can do it too, and then it will automatically suck because it's not challenging enough". 

And you know what? To me, this is better than any form of PvP.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And you know what? To me, this is better than any form of PvP.

And that's fine. In general I even agree with you.

But for a developer that's doing the right thing and trying to take feedback so that they can deliver the type of content people claim to want.... not so much, perhaps. 

They've given us what we have asked for. Repeatedly. But like naughty children we almost immediately break it, and then throw tantrums. 

I didn't want framefigher. I wouldn't have asked for it. If I was into that sort of thing I'd have wanted a better mini game. But they made it, and some people seemed to like it. So I'm glad they made it.

Honestly speaking, how many threads have you seen complaining that Stalker's a wimp? I don't find it surprising that they figured that this might be a solution. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And that's fine. In general I even agree with you.

But for a developer that's doing the right thing and trying to take feedback so that they can deliver the type of content people claim to want.... not so much, perhaps. 

They've given us what we have asked for. Repeatedly. But like naughty children we almost immediately break it, and then throw tantrums. 

I didn't want framefigher. I wouldn't have asked for it. If I was into that sort of thing I'd have wanted a better mini game. But they made it, and some people seemed to like it. So I'm glad they made it.

Honestly speaking, how many threads have you seen complaining that Stalker's a wimp? I don't find it surprising that they figured that this might be a solution. 

Just gonna break in here to point out that actually, the feedback to Orb Vallis has generally been really good. People like that they learned from Plains of Eidolon and made updates to how Bounties work. People like that the Corpus enemies on the Vallis aren’t just wads of HP and Armour, but have cool tricks and challenges and area control and bouncy CC. The main issue that people have with some of the Heist bounties is the annoying drop table.

Saying that the community are never happy and that PvP might fix that is a bit weird, considering that the most recent big thing DE have done has actually been really well received.

Just saying.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I just want to point out something. As I'm not really a PvP person so I'll speak my mind about the matter.

- Stalker (player) mode should only allow when all players in the squad open the Stalker (player) option. Other then that it should stay as it is. Just like a lot of thread about force-PvP onto player.
- Stalker (player) will not spawn if the squad isn't full and will prevent any player from entering the squad if the Stalker (player) spawn in.
- Stalker (player) should not have HP pool... Instead let him have time limit and have him enter the shadow for a short time (like invisibility and he can relocate) if the damage reach certain threshold and re-appear if the time limit not runout. Each time let him have higher HP threshold before entering the shadow again in the same mission.
- Stalker (player) should not assit or damage any mission objective (like survival, capture target, defense or interception). But still be targeted by all Faction in the Map.
- Stalker (player) should only kill the targeted player. If he killed any other player will have penalty to him. Like, the player cannot play as Stalker for the rest of the day.

Some of this may have already been discussed but I just want to take it out of my mind lol...

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Just gonna break in here to point out that actually, the feedback to Orb Vallis has generally been really good. People like that they learned from Plains of Eidolon and made updates to how Bounties work. People like that the Corpus enemies on the Vallis aren’t just wads of HP and Armour, but have cool tricks and challenges and area control and bouncy CC. The main issue that people have with some of the Heist bounties is the annoying drop table.

Saying that the community are never happy and that PvP might fix that is a bit weird, considering that the most recent big thing DE have done has actually been really well received.

Just saying.

Uh... There was a lot, and I mean a LOT of moaning about Fortuna. Oh it's too hard. Oh the whole place is just a giant knock down gimmick. Oh that's too cheap of a trick. Oh the grindwall. Oh it's too empty. Oh the colour pallette sucks. Oh the enemies are too strong. 

So they nerfed it a bit. Then there was even more moaning. Oh why don't they ever make content for vets. Oh why are the enemies so weak. Oh why do the rewards suck. Oh why is it so easy to complete all new content. Oh why isn't it easier to farm what we want to farm. 

Seriously. It was ridiculous. 

And if you look closely I am not saying that creating a PvP mode will fix the issues in the game. I'm saying that I can understand how they may see stalker mode as a possible solution to the myriad complaints that the Stalker is too easy, and not very challenging. I am not pro PvP in general, and I made that point in the first line of the post that you quoted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... There was a lot, and I mean a LOT of moaning about Fortuna. Oh it's too hard. Oh the whole place is just a giant knock down gimmick. Oh that's too cheap of a trick. Oh the grindwall. Oh it's too empty. Oh the colour pallette sucks. Oh the enemies are too strong. 

So they nerfed it a bit. Then there was even more moaning. Oh why don't they ever make content for vets. Oh why are the enemies so weak. Oh why do the rewards suck. Oh why is it so easy to complete all new content. Oh why isn't it easier to farm what we want to farm. 

Seriously. It was ridiculous. 

And if you look closely I am not saying that creating a PvP mode will fix the issues in the game. I'm saying that I can understand how they may see stalker mode as a possible solution to the myriad complaints that the Stalker is too easy, and not very challenging. I am not pro PvP in general, and I made that point in the first line of the post that you quoted. 

Huh, I guess we just saw very different feedback! Sorry man, most of what I saw in terms of feedback about the combat challenges on the Vallis is that the Corpus there could use CC and ground disruption to make things hard without just being infinite wads of Effective Hit Points.

That aside, forcing Stalker mode PvP would not exactly create infinitely replayable content. It's just getting harassed by someone controlling Stalker.