Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eject! Stalker Mode Needs Serious Work

ssh83

They already said there'll be a opt-in and opt-out system, so if you don't like it then opt-out.

I for one will find this as a fun way to mess with my friends, instead of helping them like I am used to doing I can be like "Oh hey there I see you are trying to capture this target, would be a shame if I hit you with war". Like that would be fun, it would also provide a lot more challenge not only for the players being stalked by stalker but the player playing as stalker cause hey we are not in conclave so when a play control stalker does attack your still going to be doing the same amount of damage to the stalker as all the other targets in the map. 

Tho I do see a massive problem with this, there comes a point where killing players like normal stalker does is okay but going out of your way to say destroy the defense objective so the mission fails for them that is something that shouldn't be allowed. Last time I checked the stalker doesn't care if some cryopod is there or not BUT he does care if there is 1 less warframe walking so wouldn't make sense for him to target the cryopod instead of killing other players.

There is also the vice versa that can be exploited, as seen during prime time they helped players with their mission by killing the assassination target nearly in 1 hit. So now not only can stalker flat out fail a mission for everyone he can also flat out win the mission for everyone. I would think DE would allow 5 players in a group if they wanted 5 players in a group but the cap is 4 for a reason but with how stalker is able to effect the objective it feels like a exploitable 5th slot. Thus can have the opposite effect and make the game hardly challenging at all, heck only challenge at the point is avoid accidentally killing the 5th player, I could see players using stalker as a 5th man in a 3-4 hour survival.

While typing, this came to mind yet ANOTHER thing that could be exploited if gone uncheck, but I would think DE would already limit this, but lets say this a player really wants to get war but the drop is so rare, well doesn't matter how rare it is now you can just have a friend stalk you every mission until you get what you want. Or say the stalker is afk due to the loading screen taking a bit? That is basically free stalker loot which would make his loot not rare it would be exploited to literal hell and back to the point that full war is "common" for players to have at least 2 of.

Yes I would love to have this mode NOW but if left unchecked it would not only threaten pve but also the stalker's rare drops, hopefully these type of exploits are patched before hand but it doesn't even take me needing to play the mode to see "Hey this can break a lot of things and who knows how much more". I already have enough issues with my tenno suddenly having god mode or stuck invisible and can only move on index cause excal umbra decided to exalted blade him self off the map, don't need stalker to spawn just to be Santa coming earlier and giving me a free war.

i like ideas of playes that control monsters etc. like one in darwin project and one dungeon (I forgot the name) its fun idea and it works rly well.

my idea is a player that conent and do something like that , spawn maybe acolytes or special enemy type miniboss or actual enemy in that mission (grineer corpus infested)

and join in fight like its now

Unless  we are SEVERELY nerfed in the PVE area , Nothing about a player controlled stalker will be a "challenge" when Im geared towards  facing lvl 2-300s and odds are stalker wont spawn at those levels, all a player playing him will mean is it may take more than one shot to kill him because he may somehow miraculously dodge my first shot , but can bet he wont dodge any weapon of mass destruction I have equiped that needs only hit his general direction, or that i may just go make a sandwich while he tries to kill my inaros Or  just drop  an  acient healer  and nidus  specter and  let them handle him, , I will personally Opt  in aswell , and will be intentionally  be joining low lvl  low mr  areas  so they cant greif  new player  areas easy , Since they can see their  targets  and  pick them, Most will only  target low mr players because they may stand a  chance   at winning

Stalker will NEVER be  scary  after a certain point unless they nerf our PVE   builds into the  ground, and Guesse what happens  when they start  doing that catering  to the smallest faction of the playerbase  , at the cost of alienating the  majority of their playerbase.

wont be pretty,

On 2019-01-27 at 1:49 AM, deothor said:

Oh, so DE decided to ignore playerbase rather unhappy feelings regarding pvp stalker and are pushing it forward?

I might be a lil bit brash with it but...

If you see S**t on the ground, do you need to lick it to make sure it's S**t? Or are you really expecting something else like... tasty chocolate?

Some things are so obviously stupid or bad or unfinished you don't have to try them to know it. Regarding thread: rework is way too heavy of a word. some minor'ish tweaks would do.

Untill to playerbase surprise it will be relased because we already know how "good" DE is at listening playerbase. 

Tbh those threads are pretty important as they show how players feel about the topic... Even if in the end devs will still ignore them 😛

This is pretty much the summary.  DE going forward with this project would be completely tone deaf to the responses it received the very first time the concept was announced.

They will most certainly add an opt out, and as I've previously stated, soon after this forum will be bombarded with whine threads about low participation in this mode.

Sometimes it takes consequences for certain individuals to learn.  I say let them have the mode.  That way when things go south, we know who to give that look to the next time an unpopular PvP concept gets brought up.

On 2019-01-28 at 4:42 PM, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

This is pretty much the summary.  DE going forward with this project would be completely tone deaf to the responses it received the very first time the concept was announced.

They will most certainly add an opt out, and as I've previously stated, soon after this forum will be bombarded with whine threads about low participation in this mode.

Sometimes it takes consequences for certain individuals to learn.  I say let them have the mode.  That way when things go south, we know who to give that look to the next time an unpopular PvP concept gets brought up.

Funnily enough, I actually don't think the mode would be dead on arrival if it were optional. Not kidding. I'd opt in, I've already said so several times, and I reckon that quite a few others would. Even if like 60% of players opt out, that would leave many thousands of active players ready for invasion mode. It would actually be kinda neat, especially if there are cool badges for either successful Stalker attacks, or for successfully driving off a player Stalker.

The thing that mystifies me is folks insisting that if the mode is optional, then it will be completely pointless and thus must be made mandatory. That right there is an open statement of belief that functionally no-one really does want the mode, which is weird! It's like saying "We completely understand that frigging nobody wants this. Therefore, it must be implemented immediately." It's like going to a party and saying "I understand that people are at this party to have fun, listen to music, and drink unwisely. The vast majority of the partygoers just wanna have a good time without being subjected to toxic fumes. Therefore, I absolutely have to set off this tear gas grenade in the living room."

I mean...it's either a good idea or it's not. It can either stand on its own merits, or it can't. Wanting the mode out of some kind of spite strikes me as very strange.

Also!

@Xenox_Ilz-ot

Look what you made me do.

qOYPA9t.jpg

6pdI1gQ.jpg

Y3t6GwI.jpg

lets rework the unfinished product nobody has seen in a completed state... wat? 

person A: lets fix the iphone 11

person B : were still in the testing phase and its not available to consumers yet.

Person A : better fix whats broken then

Person B : ....thats why its still in testing.. were just showing our progress 

Person A : Its broken fix it.

Person B : ...

54 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

lets rework the unfinished product nobody has seen in a completed state... wat? 

person A: lets fix the iphone 11

person B : were still in the testing phase and its not available to consumers yet.

Person A : better fix whats broken then

Person B : ....thats why its still in testing.. were just showing our progress 

Person A : Its broken fix it.

Person B : ...

The mode as previewed does have very definite and very obvious flaws, which I don't actually see DE in a hurry to fix. It keeps the Stalker anonymous, and retains the harassment potential through allowing the Stalker indefinite time to bugger about in the mission and sabotage objectives.

So, making sure that DE is aware of that can only help. Or at least, making it clear well in advance that these flaws were obvious to players means that we can drop massive "I told you so"s on DE later.

@Xenox_Ilz-ot

Xenox pls

66OXUOG.jpg

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Funnily enough, I actually don't think the mode would be dead on arrival if it were optional. Not kidding. I'd opt in, I've already said so several times, and I reckon that quite a few others would. Even if like 60% of players opt out, that would leave many thousands of active players ready for invasion mode. It would actually be kinda neat, especially if there are cool badges for either successful Stalker attacks, or for successfully driving off a player Stalker.

The thing that mystifies me is folks insisting that if the mode is optional, then it will be completely pointless and thus must be made mandatory. That right there is an open statement of belief that functionally no-one really does want the mode, which is weird! It's like saying "We completely understand that frigging nobody wants this. Therefore, it must be implemented immediately." It's like going to a party and saying "I understand that people are at this party to have fun, listen to music, and drink unwisely. The vast majority of the partygoers just wanna have a good time without being subjected to toxic fumes. Therefore, I absolutely have to set off this tear gas grenade in the living room."

I mean...it's either a good idea or it's not. It can either stand on its own merits, or it can't. Wanting the mode out of some kind of spite strikes me as very strange.

But there is a major thing that you and others are missing. How will the game handle queues and matchmaking? This isnt a seperate mode like conclave, this is something that takes part on all (well not really all) missions at our disposal. If there is an opt- out/in system, how will the game handle that? Do inners only get grouped with inners and outers with only other outers? Do they mix them just as now? Now then who takes priority, the inners or the outers or the majority of the group? If someone has opted in, will he get an NPC Stalker when he's grouped with someone who has opted out?

No matter which, even without an opt system, people with get negativley impacted by the mode. It will either seperate the community into different matchmaking queues, which is negative on its own. Or it will force something on someone that the person doesnt want. Unless DE have managed to come up with some idea where neither of this happens, which I doubt.

16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But there is a major thing that you and others are missing. How will the game handle queues and matchmaking? This isnt a seperate mode like conclave, this is something that takes part on all (well not really all) missions at our disposal. If there is an opt- out/in system, how will the game handle that? Do inners only get grouped with inners and outers with only other outers? Do they mix them just as now? Now then who takes priority, the inners or the outers or the majority of the group? If someone has opted in, will he get an NPC Stalker when he's grouped with someone who has opted out?

No matter which, even without an opt system, people with get negativley impacted by the mode. It will either seperate the community into different matchmaking queues, which is negative on its own. Or it will force something on someone that the person doesnt want. Unless DE have managed to come up with some idea where neither of this happens, which I doubt.

While I am giving DE's design priorities here some serious side eye (honestly guys, a completely anonymous invasion system which allows you to sabotage missions, while on at least one occasion demonstrating the ability to search for and invade targets by username? Lads. Come off it. What were you thinking.) I actually trust them to handle the technical issues just fine. After a few glaring whoopsies in the first few days, in time honoured fashion.

@Xenox_Ilz-ot

Awwww yissss

2nGoQXq.jpg

Edited by BornWithTeeth