Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Mode = best thing in game!

Aramil999

Finally we will see Stalker Mode!

Just looking at old games that had no updates in YEARS like Dark Souls we can see that invasions are never ending spurce of fun and it is great way to fill time between grind and new content.

Yes PvP in Warframe is seen as some bad child but I'm sure everything will be good and tons of new players will join Tenno and lots of old veterans will come back.

😉

• Like 5

Can't wait to see him come back to this thread in about 3 months complaining about getting killed 1 second after spawn by a magnetism mag or a Status spamming flamethrower operator practically making you an impossible to miss target who'll kill himself if he shots.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Can't wait to see him come back to this thread in about 3 months complaining about getting killed 1 second after spawn by a magnetism mag or a Status spamming flamethrower operator practically making you an impossible to miss target who'll kill himself if he shots.

I foresee threads demanding certain powers not working on Player Stalker, reduced damage or the ability to either bring their own weapons or mod Stalkers weapons.  

• Like 8

à l’instant, MagPrime a dit :

I foresee threads demanding certain powers not working on Player Stalker, reduced damage or the ability to either bring their own weapons or mod Stalkers weapons.  

I foresee invulnerability phases, Nullifiers, Operator static and Max damage capacity by weapon type. (Last one is a stretch I'll admit, DE would most likely work with Damage reduction instead)

You wanna bet that pizza that the other dude in that previous stalker thread wanted to throw on the ground?

• Like 1

If any of you dark souls people thought early dark magic invaders were too easy and childsplay, boy oh boy, will the plethora of broken things in Warframe have your ass covered.. I can only imagine how exactly the devs will plan on balancing Limbo's statis.

but I mean, we can probably wait and see just how deep this rabbithole goes, right?

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I foresee invulnerability phases, Nullifiers, Operator static and Max damage capacity by weapon type. (Last one is a stretch I'll admit, DE would most likely work with Damage reduction instead)

You wanna bet that pizza that the other dude in that previous stalker thread wanted to throw on the ground?

Well, he didn't want it and I don't like wasting food, so, sure.

For the humor; I'm gonna say that Stalker Mode devolves into sharing angry memes until someone gives up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I can see where some powers should probably behave differently vs player stalker than they do against generic ai, possibly take conclave adjustments and apply them to player stalker? As for reduced damage, I'd say no way, but letting players use their own mods actually sounds like a great idea to me. Or possibly, since they mentioned it having its own syndicate, have stalker and stalker weapon exclusive mods that can only be purchased as syndicate rewards.

• Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

Well, he didn't want it and I don't like wasting food, so, sure.

For the humor; I'm gonna say that Stalker Mode devolves into sharing angry memes until someone gives up

Well considering we're practically already meme'ing stalker, I'd say that bet is fairly close to completion.
How about we just share the pizza and enjoy the incoming chaos from the side-line instead?

Don't you dare put pineapple on that pizza.

2 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I can see where some powers should probably behave differently vs player stalker than they do against generic ai, possibly take conclave adjustments and apply them to player stalker? As for reduced damage, I'd say no way, but letting players use their own mods actually sounds like a great idea to me. Or possibly, since they mentioned it having its own syndicate, have stalker and stalker weapon exclusive mods that can only be purchased as syndicate rewards.

Not helping convert the non believers here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Well considering we're practically already meme'ing stalker, I'd say that bet is fairly close to completion.
How about we just share the pizza and enjoy the incoming chaos from the side-line instead?

Don't you dare put pineapple on that pizza.

I wont put it on your half.  But you bring dipping sauce for the crust. 

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, MagPrime a dit :

I wont put it on your half.  But you bring dipping sauce for the crust. 

Darn, can't "accidentally" steal your part if it's infected with pineapples.

Your foresight is on point if you've managed to see that far in the future.
It's my loss, I'll bring the dipping sauce.

Just now, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Darn, can't "accidentally" steal your part if it's infected with pineapples.

Your foresight is on point if you've managed to see that far in the future.
It's my loss, I'll bring the dipping sauce.

Well, I apparently have magic crystal balls, so... 😉

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not helping convert the non believers here. 

Probably not, but does it really matter? With the abysmal daily standing cap they'll probably put on the syndicate it's not like it will see heavy play anyway. You'll do three or four runs to max your standing when you remember it, and then log out and go play Anthem, I mean, ahem, move on to a different activity that will actually give you rewards.

Don't mind my passive aggressive joke, as an adult gamer who works full time, I'm getting a little salty about daily syndicate standing caps locking me out of playing new content on Fortuna.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

Probably not, but does it really matter? With the abysmal daily standing cap they'll probably put on the syndicate it's not like it will see heavy play anyway. You'll do three or four runs to max your standing when you remember it, and then log out and go play Anthem, I mean, ahem, move on to a different activity that will actually give you rewards.

Don't mind my passive aggressive joke, as an adult gamer who works full time, I'm getting a little salty about daily syndicate standing caps locking me out of playing new content on Fortuna.

Well, having support for the feature would help improving it in a timely manner.  As it is, not enough people are likely to play it, and it's going to turn into an annoying, broken thing that .01% of the population uses.  

Why waste the time and effort to create something that only thousands out of millions will use, and even fewer will genuinely enjoy? 

31 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yep, plenty of, "Why can't I see Ivara in Prowl when I'm Stalker?  It's not fair.  Wah, cry, wah!! DE fix this NOW!". 

I can see all of that in a topic title now.  Yep.  

• Like 1

DE will obviously step on a giant land mine due to how untactical Warframe is, they might even add invulnerable phases, anti-invisibility, nullifier barriers and nullifier grenades to even the match lol. 

Edited by Volinus7

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yep, plenty of, "Why can't I see Ivara in Prowl when I'm Stalker?  It's not fair.  Wah, cry, wah!! DE fix this NOW!". 

I can see all of that in a topic title now.  Yep.  

I think there will be more complaints about getting Magnetized and killed as soon as they start moving, tbh.  

"It's not fun, I'm dead as soon as my spawn in invuln wears off! I can't fight back without killing myself!"

• Like 2

I can see some cool possibilities for the syndicate rewards though, and through them making the fight more dynamic and unpredictable. Stalker exclusive mods like vitality, warframe power resistance, etc. Enough options that you could actually have different viable builds. The ability to unlock stalkers The War Within arsenal and go after players with War instead of Hate. Maybe even allow players to unlock the stalker armor and syadana set for both Stalker and their regular warframes just to give a nod to the fashionframe folks. Stalker Acolyte specters, maybe stalker exclusive companions. All kinds of things that would make the fight more dynamic and random. Less "Stalker on me, nvm, dead." and more actual fear. Are you going to get a basic stalker who you throw magnetize on and vaporize, or a War wielding badass with a several forma invested who has super high power resistance and shrugs off your powers in two seconds while their equally formaed Drahk companion charges you from behind, or a glass cannon stealth stalker who keeps disappearing after sniping you with their bow? I can imagine a whole bunch of really cool stuff they could do. Unfortunately, I suspect we'll get more like something with no customization that works almost exactly like the dev build Megan and Reb were using on the last Prime Time with a syndicate with largely useless, redundant, or non-existent rewards. I can still day dream though. 

4 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I can see some cool possibilities for the syndicate rewards though, and through them making the fight more dynamic and unpredictable. Stalker exclusive mods like vitality, warframe power resistance, etc. Enough options that you could actually have different viable builds. The ability to unlock stalkers The War Within arsenal and go after players with War instead of Hate. Maybe even allow players to unlock the stalker armor and syadana set for both Stalker and their regular warframes just to give a nod to the fashionframe folks. Stalker Acolyte specters, maybe stalker exclusive companions. All kinds of things that would make the fight more dynamic and random. Less "Stalker on me, nvm, dead." and more actual fear. Are you going to get a basic stalker who you throw magnetize on and vaporize, or a War wielding badass with a several forma invested who has super high power resistance and shrugs off your powers in two seconds while their equally formaed Drahk companion charges you from behind, or a glass cannon stealth stalker who keeps disappearing after sniping you with their bow? I can imagine a whole bunch of really cool stuff they could do. Unfortunately, I suspect we'll get more like something with no customization that works almost exactly like the dev build Megan and Reb were using on the last Prime Time with a syndicate with largely useless, redundant, or non-existent rewards. I can still day dream though. 

My only complaint is that I don't want to be forced into PvP.  Ever.  It's not a game mode I enjoy and I will find a new game to play if I'm forced into it.

Also, I'd rather not play a game that actively seeks to frighten me.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

My only complaint is that I don't want to be forced into PvP.  Ever.  It's not a game mode I enjoy and I will find a new game to play if I'm forced into it.

Also, I'd rather not play a game that actively seeks to frighten me.  

But... BUT... what if, I go in Solo Mode? or Invite/Friends only? Stalkers ain't my friends.

Check, Mate, Stalkers.

• Like 2