Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Mode = best thing in game!

Aramil999

3 minutes ago, toxicitzi said:

But... BUT... what if, I go in Solo Mode? or Invite/Friends only? Stalkers ain't my friends.

From what Reb said, it only works in Public mode.

It definitely wouldn't work in Solo mode, since you can pause the game there. 

2 minutes ago, MystMan said:

From what Reb said, it only works in Public mode.

It definitely wouldn't work in Solo mode, since you can pause the game there. 

so in order to be stalked, I would have to invite a stalker in my game.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Then you'll be alone when they come for you, and no one will hear you scream. 

In Solo mode, no one can hear you scream.

If it really gets implemented the way I think it is, it just shows the sad state of how DE is becoming nowadays. Pandering to a vocal minority that whines too much. That is probably why I no longer enjoy the game as I did way back.

Ah well, as Cyberpunk's release draws near I see less and less reason to play WF anyway.

I love you all too, let's hope it will turn great for everyone and don't just see bad side of the coin.

As of invisibility, it every dev stream Stalker Player could see every player through walls and could see invisible ones too, so that will not be a problem.

stalker mode is a mechanic that will not work in warframe in the slightest, there's already a ton of people who dislike warframe's pvp with a passion and forcing it on them would just result in a tidal wave of angry forum threads and requests for the ability to opt out of it. do you remember the conclave tactical alert event that happened? there were riots on the forums about it because it forced people to do pvp for a very nice reward.

but if DE does add the ability to opt out, nobody who wants to play as the stalker will get a chance to kill someone who isn't a noob player or a conclave god; the gamemode would quickly fall into the "lol who cares" territory very quickly.

it works in dark souls because that game was designed with the feature from the start, the players know what to expect when they play dark souls. additionally dark souls can do it because it's designed to be painfully frustrating and difficult, while warframe is designed as a PVE experience that can be picked up by anyone, regardless of skill level.

the only possible way stalker mode would work is if the entire playerbase had a change of heart and loved PVP, which i cannot see happening *ever*. alternatively you can force it on everyone and upset countless people who just play warframe for the pve, not pvp.

tl;dr - it's not going to work based on how many people feel about the conclave. it'll very quickly fall into obscurity and be in the same spot conclave sits in now

• Like 2

Stalker Mode IS comming this year so lets focus on positive or meaningful feedback.

Like: 

-what possible rewards should be awarded from Stalker Syndicate,

-how would you change gameplay?

-what kind of way do you see it being implemented, 

etc.

for me good rewards would include:

-some Stalker exclusive "modifications" mods (not simple "more hp", "more damage" but kind of "less damage but more hp" or no main gun but able to hurt Operators in void mode kind of tradeoff)

-new Stalker Liset skin (cool as f***)

-new Stalker weapon maybe? Syandana? to show off your devotion to invasions, 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aramil999 said:

Stalker Mode IS comming this year so lets focus on positive or meaningful feedback.

This is the only thing you wrote I take offense to, you're not entitled to tell people what they can write about. This is a feedback forum not a place to offer nothing but praise. Even if it's coming, one is still allowed to say it's a bad idea to waste ressources on another "dead on arrival" project. If you want any indication of how pvp-focussed this playerbase is, look at conclave. Look at how averse people are to everything that would make their missions take even a little longer and that includes balancing. You can disagree, but it's not your place to say these concerns can't be expressed. Furthermore the way it will be implemented isn't fixed yet, and the basic line many critics wish for is an opt out to forced pvp, again, a valid concern for a pve game.

And before you accuse me of being part of this vocal minority, I generally don't care that much anymore, I hardly play public these days and even if I'd encounter a player-stalker, my arsenal is strong enough to make the stalker they used in the showcase very miserable. It might even be fun to find new ways to really make invaders angry 😉 .

But to accomodate you, I'll suggest the mode shouldn't offer any rewards at all. You get the satisfaction of potentially ruining other peoples gaming experience that might not want you in their game, that should be enough. Also the stalker should not be buffed or made invulnerable in any way, he has been established as a one-shot enemy, there's no need to change that and it would go aganst his lore that he can only threaten newbie tenno 😉 .

• Like 1

@W3zeer I disagree.

-Warframe has almost no PvP players = yes

-Warframe has no room for any PvP mode = nope, disagree

Warframe has no PvP players BECAUSE only PvP mode in game is very VERY abandoned by developers, NOT because all warframe players hate PvP.

All of PvP players who played Warframe simply left, a lot of old veteran players who have done everything PvE related have left, and most new players have no idea there even is PvP in game now. So less and less players  played Conclave. On top of that if you play mostly PvP then you FALL behind in grind in grind focused game. If you could farm decent amounts of resources, credits etc  then we would see many MANY more players in Conclave.

THAT'S why Conclave players left, they simply LEFT the game which simply forgot about them. 

Stalker Mode is great way to bring back old veterans and PvP lovers back to warframe. 

Btw. I simply can't see how this can be bad in any way shape or form to the well being of Warframe as a whole.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Aramil999:

Btw. I simply can't see how this can be bad in any way shape or form to the well being of Warframe as a whole.

It's because it goes a bit contrary to what warframe used to be, a PvE centered game that only had a token PvP mode slapped on to pacify a minority. But more importantly, the thread of PvP being forced on players that want no part in it. Try forcing any pvp community to play PvE content repeatedly in order to continue with their pvp matches and they will tell you it's interupting their persuit of fun. It's best to keep these modes separated.

I think nobody in their right mind opposes this idea just to screw over the PvP comunity this game has, but because they don't want to be bullied into playing it despite them not finding enjoyment in it. And this force might either come through the lack of an opt-out or rewards that make it borderline mandatory. And furthermore you might argue that if that gamemode cannot survive without force then it doesn't deserve to come to the game at all.

And I'm really not sure why this should bring back all those pvp players for long. Balancing this mode seems impossible, DE can't even balance the PvE part of the game I don't think it's even possible that all our abilities change as drastically as they would in a conclave match on the stalker's arrival. Are you saying all that those veterans want is to slaughter noobs that never fought another player in their life? That's supposed to be fun or a challenge? Because they certainly don't fight each other in that setting and they have conclave for that.

But again, if there's an opt-out, have at it, noone denies you that (as long as the rest of the game doesn't suffer too much of it). If you don't want that option it's pretty clear you only want that mode to make other players game miserable and can't complain if they try to do the same to you, in any way they can, including forum posts and cheap ingame tactics (I wouldn't wonder f.e. if a large part of your invasions would end with the host just leaving if the stalker is made stronger than a joke, because most of the time it's faster to just restart than getting trolled) 😉 .

• Like 2

you're not getting the fact that pvp should be optional; if you force others into doing it then they're going to be really mad or upset at DE. it won't be bringing more players to pvp, it'll just increase the amount of hate pvp gets as more pve players will be forced into doing things they dislike.

think of it this way; you want to play a nice calm game of tetris, but suddenly it's a multiplayer pvp match even though you never asked for this; now you're playing with someone 300x better than you and having a terrible time.

stalker mode is a feature that just does not fit in at all in warframe and is not the miracle solution we've been looking for in the conclave. what the conclave needs is more balancing and quality of life changes to make it easier to get into matches or find others in pvp games.

talk to anyone who wanted to give pvp a try, they'll often say their reason for not trying it further is that they couldn't find a match, which can be easily solved by adding a server browser for easier matchmaking. it's not that DE doesn't have enough modes or PVP features, infact there's way too many PVP features that have all been abandoned by the players (lunaro, frame fighter, and cephalon capture). adding stalker mode means that there's going to be yet another pvp mode that nobody will touch after the first week as the vast majority will have opted out of the mode by then.

Edited by Refticus
  • Like 6

Come on people, chill.

It's not even out yet, no need to be outraged about it in advance. When they showcased it in this week's Prime Time they clearly had fun, maybe you should just go watch that.

If it isn't, they'll make adjustments anyway.

And it's not like Stalker can't be cheesed to hell and back anyway if you don't like even the idea of it. He's been a pushover for a long time already.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Come on people, chill.

It's not even out yet, no need to be outraged about it in advance. When they showcased it in this week's Prime Time they clearly had fun, maybe you should just go watch that.

If it isn't, they'll make adjustments anyway. 

And it's not like Stalker can't be cheesed to hell and back anyway if you don't like even the idea of it. He's been a pushover for a long time already.

Yup, 100% agreed, I doubt it but EVEN if Stalker Mode is forced on every Public match and EVEN if you can't kill him with multiple ways to safely one shot him (like shooting from operator mode, or Atlas 1 spam) you can simply die once and someone will just revive you ....
I know that in this WORST case scenario some players may feel offended by that 1 death (not even death just once being DOWNED) but let's be real... it is not Darks Souls, you lose NOTHING by being downed especially in Public match.
However fun potential is impressive 😄

8 hours ago, Refticus said:

you're not getting the fact that pvp should be optional; if you force others into doing it then they're going to be really mad or upset at DE. it won't be bringing more players to pvp, it'll just increase the amount of hate pvp gets as more pve players will be forced into doing things they dislike.

think of it this way; you want to play a nice calm game of tetris, but suddenly it's a multiplayer pvp match even though you never asked for this; now you're playing with someone 300x better than you and having a terrible time.

stalker mode is a feature that just does not fit in at all in warframe and is not the miracle solution we've been looking for in the conclave. what the conclave needs is more balancing and quality of life changes to make it easier to get into matches or find others in pvp games.

talk to anyone who wanted to give pvp a try, they'll often say their reason for not trying it further is that they couldn't find a match, which can be easily solved by adding a server browser for easier matchmaking. it's not that DE doesn't have enough modes or PVP features, infact there's way too many PVP features that have all been abandoned by the players (lunaro, frame fighter, and cephalon capture). adding stalker mode means that there's going to be yet another pvp mode that nobody will touch after the first week as the vast majority will have opted out of the mode by then.

I'm a hardcore pvp advocate and I agree. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I don't want to have to deal with stalker way into my high level runs and have objectives die.

Stalker can not hurt Objectives, even Rebbeca couldn't destroy Defense objective when she invaded Hydron, Senda last Prime Time #233.

@demoxis well as much as that would be funny (im Conclaver) it will simply not be true.

Why Conclave veterans will not destroy PvE players?

1. To get invaded you must have Stalker Mark in team, it gets consumed.

2. Only public matches can be invaded, friends only and solo players are safe.

3. If there is TON of players wanting to invaded, all marks will get consumed and queue/wait time to invade will get really long.

4. Many PvPers will simply go around killing bosses just to get mark and be invaded to do more PvP, in this case that will be Conclaver vs Conclaver, but one of them will have full loadout and operator.....

5. MOST important thing is that you can't "destroy" PvE player in public match by simply downing him ONCE ina mission.... he will just be revived by random and Stalker leaves. 

• Like 1