Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Just Went From Fun To A Pain In The *** To Play

Atlas_Smirked

The new stamina system is flat out awful. There is nothing to sugarcoat here. Playing missions is now a chore, We went from sci-fi space ninjas to overweight space marines. Walking around missions is extremely boring and tedious. If this game was based around maps like CoD then this sprint system would be fine...but our procedurally generated long corridors with double backs is anything but CoD. Wall running, sliding, air kicking, and basica freedom of movement have been cut drastically. If this is some push to make defense missions and PvP the only game modes worth playing then it's working-but not in a good way. It's hard to fully express in words how aggravating this game is to play now.

If you want a more polite criticism here's one I found:

"I'm having a difficult time trying to be constructive and polite here.

The changes to stamina are simply awful. They are atrocious. A delay before recharge, and a slower regen rate? Are you kidding me? Melee is underpowered enough as it is, and you're also making movement feel more like a chore, less fluid and free. I cannot fathom what your intent was, DE, but whatever you're trying to do just stop. Change it back, please."

Edited by Atlas_Smirked

I didnt know I couldnt wall run anymore.

I just played a mission where I could still air kick(in which I kicked a grineer in the face...knocked him the f**k out)

Sliding never took stamina.

Basic frredom of movemnt cant be removed, otherwise this becomes a rail shooter, like VirtuaCop.

You sir, are a liar, and a whiny baby. Get a few stamina based mods and 

STFU

Edited by MasterZalm

Yeah.. The moment I read stamina in the patches notes I though oh great another company that decided to take the fast paced aspect out of a game people play only because its fact paced.

They tried this with sliding. Let's hope they revert because this makes the sliding change look like kittens in a meadow nibbling on your finger.

I didnt know I couldnt wall run anymore.

I just played a mission where I could still air kick(in which I kicked a grineer in the face...knocked him the f**k out)

Sliding never took stamina.

Basic frredom of movemnt cant be removed, otherwise this becomes a rail shooter, like VirtuaCop.

You sir, are a liar, and a whiny baby. Get a few stamina based mods and 

STFU

Reading comprehension is a good skill to learn:

"cut drastically"

Re: Stamina-The point is that now your stamina doesn't recharge fast enough to keep up momentum so 1/3 of the utility was killed.

My Loki feels like Rhino now. I hate all that delaying before parkour.

If you advise your game as ninja-ish, keep movement free and people who whine about others being faster/more agile should learn how to play. Nerfing everything to a point of lazy and spoiled people will ruin the fun.

And what game was that?

Genesis a.d It was a extremely fact paced fps... the devs tried to make it like counter strike and everything fun about the game went out the window. They lost both american and japanese and I think even most of the korean and chinese players. They tried bringing it back on aeria games and failed massively.

Sad panda.  I didn't read this in the notes so I had to double check I still had marathon and quick rest equipped.  I'm very afraid to see what this is like without quick rest equipped.  Having to sit for a couple seconds before wall running is a major bummer.

Genesis a.d It was a extremely fact paced fps... the devs tried to make it like counter strike and everything fun about the game went out the window. They lost both american and japanese and I think even most of the korean and chinese players. They tried bringing it back on aeria games and failed massively.

Never played it much, so I'll just take your word for it. And if the game tried to emulate another success of a game, then the game in its own right wasnt that good. Warframe cant exactly imitate any other game since its not really like any other game that I know of.

And all they did was make the game less rusher paradise. I dont like to rush, and if you do, then maybe its time to wake up and realize that warframe isnt about avoiding combat, its about the combat. Maybe this game just isnt for you.

Edited by MasterZalm

Never played it much, so I'll just take your word for it. And if the game tried to emulate another success of a game, then the game in its own right wasnt that good. Warframe cant exactly imitate any other game since its not really like any other game that I know of.

And all they did was make the game less rusher paradise. I dont like to rush, and if you do, then maybe its time to wake up and realize that warframe isnt about avoiding combat, its about the combat. Maybe this game just isnt for you.

This doesn't stop rushers, it just makes everyone slower.

NOW, the max stamina and stamina recharge mods actually have a purpose outside of people who love to rush with Loki, Ash and Nova

Its only been the first few hours, adjust, adapt and keep playing. Add in these mods while you're farming

- Stamina system now has a timer before it recharges. This makes Stamina a more significant system in game play.
- Reduced Stamina cost of melee swings and jumping
- Reduced the rate of stamina recharge

- Second Wind (Melee) mod – Melee kills restore Stamina

- Shield Flux (Warframe) mod - after stamina is consumed your shields will be used a second stamina bar

The game went from constant movement in the form of dodge jumping, bhoping, sprinting, wall jumping and jet pack boosts to omg walking... walking... jump.... walking... walking ... walking...  it lost about 200-300% of the speed in the game.

Rushing? Meh. What I do want is to have fun running and jumping all over the freaking place like a crazy space ninja. Not feel like its a chore to simply move through the map. Making an action game less actiony with a hardcore stamina system is not fun at all.

Edited by GSGregory

The game went from constant movement in the form of dodge jumping, bhoping, sprinting, wall jumping and jet pack boosts to omg walking... walking... jump.... walking... walking ... walking...  it lost about 200-300% of the speed in the game.

Yeah, because they apparently removed the sprint command from the game entirely.

It didnt lose 200-300% speed. That would literally make you play the game backwards, where you grind and kill to lose your ranking. It might have went from 100kph to about 85kph. Not a big difference.

Edited by MasterZalm

Yeah, because they apparently removed the sprint command from the game entirely.

It didnt lose 200-300% speed. That would literally make you play the game backwards, where you grind and kill to lose your ranking. It might have went from 100kph to about 85kph. Not a big difference.

I was refering to genesis a.d in that sentence. My fault for not being clear on that.

oh....that.

Well like I said, didnt play it much. But if they remove a sprint feature from a game that uses it naturally, the game deserves to crash and burn.

If they tweak it, or reduce it or something like that, its fine, just balancing it.

But removal means death.

Warframe still has everything, its just been nerfed is all. I'll agree it sucks, but it was needed.

Edited by MasterZalm

Mass Effect 3....

And being able to move quickly =/= avoiding combat. It means interesting combat. If I want a slow paced cover shooter there are thousands (like Mass Effect 3). If I want a parkour sci-fi shooter that's much more niche-especially a quality one.

The appeal of Warframe is that it fills that niche. If it tries to take it slow then it's going to get crushed by games the actually have fun slow gameplay like ME3. There's a reason that games like Forza and Need for Speed can more or less comfortably co-exist. While they're both driving games they have radically different feels to them. If Warframe loses that feel then it has little to keep it going. At it's heart it's about grind. That won't sustain a player base for long. Not to mention that th gunplay is primitive by comparison-at least in depth.

The speed is what meakes Warframe fun. You're a space ninja, not a space marine.

Edited by Atlas_Smirked