Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte's mods drop rate...

Thelk641

15 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

And I still think they either need to be game-breaking level of good or way easier to get, because having bad mods being stupidly hard to acquire doesn't make any sense.

Honestly I really don't see any point of changing it. The fact that the mods are "bad" are your opinion. It is fact that they are rare acolyte event mods.

DE should just work on what they are doing. New frames, fixes, etc.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Agree, for me this is the big problem.  With the exception of maybe 4-5 all the mods are pretty trash and will just gather dust.  

I like the idea of having an event to get mods, personally I  don't like the mechanic of the acolyte apearing at random locations for only a few mins.  Puts you off doing anything else as you don't want to miss the next spawn.  Do a 20 min survival and you'll likely miss the next appearance.

It is opinion that the mods are trash, though it is fact that they are rare.

That is just how the event works. You find the room it spawns in, and you get the mod. I half disagree, yes you don't want to put off the next spawn, but it's not hard finding the acolyte.

Well that's why you have a chance when it appears again. I usually keep checking, especially after fishing or something. 

Edited by GrayFrequency

these mods are basically collectors mods. do research the acolytes and see which 1 or 2 drops all the listed mods and farm those two or one acolyte= less painful.

I can understand the whole grinding mechanics but DE should also understand what turns players/potential customers away which they clearly don't with drop chance. gotta milk the cow to drink milk.

1 minute ago, ranks21 said:

these mods are basically collectors mods. do research the acolytes and see which 1 or 2 drops all the listed mods and farm those two or one acolyte= less painful.

Yes. This is a great way to get the mods you want. 

2 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

I can understand the whole grinding mechanics but DE should also understand what turns players/potential customers away which they clearly don't with drop chance. gotta milk the cow to drink milk.

I still think the drop chance is fine. 4% isn't the worst. You shouldn't be able to get the rarest mod in like 5 minutes. It would nil the point of rare acolyte mods.

I don't see many people turning away, actually. And if they decide to take a break, then that's fine.

thinking about memeing strike is making my hand hurt and you know warframe has all their drops rates posted right?

here i have the link book marked: http://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Yes i know it looks weird but you can look up Warframe drop rates and the wiki page links to the exact same thing 
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_Tables 

11 minutes ago, seprent said:

thinking about memeing strike is making my hand hurt and you know warframe has all their drops rates posted right?

here i have the link book marked: http://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Yes i know it looks weird but you can look up Warframe drop rates and the wiki page links to the exact same thing 
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_Tables 

The rare chance is ~4% from Violence.

The legendary chance is ~0.67% from Misery.

It doesn't bother me. Especially since that is different types of chance. It makes since that legendary has a less of a chance than rare.

Also I have earned 2 Maiming Strikes, and 2 Argon Scopes from a previous Acolyte Event.

Edited by GrayFrequency

15 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

I think it is a good thing that certain mods are rare... 

Otherwise what's the point of them being valuable, and special.

You just have to keep at it. Yesterday I tried all day to no avail. But then I tried again today, and got 2 awesome mods. 

Keeping something rare because it requires a lot of skill/work to get is one thing, but keeping something rare because of RNG is something else entirely.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

7 minutes ago, GrayFrequency said:

The rare chance is ~4% from Violence.

The legendary chance is ~0.67% from Misery.

It doesn't bother me. Especially since that is different types of chance. It makes since that legendary has a less of a chance than rare.

Also I have earned 2 Maiming Strikes, and 2 Argon Scopes from a previous Acolyte Event.

drops rates dont bother me i got what i want from the edge boys im just posting the drop rates so people have something to go off of when talking drop rates 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Keeping something rare because it requires a lot of skill/work to get is one thing, but keeping something rare because of RNG is something else entirely.

Everything is not going to be yes/no. Everything is not going to just give you what you want. 

It is fair that there is RNG, along with skill earned items.

4 minutes ago, GrayFrequency said:

Everything is not going to be yes/no. Everything is not going to just give you what you want. 

It is fair that there is RNG, along with skill earned items.

RNG is fine as long as it is not extremely time restricted. In this case you are forcing the player to spend as much time grinding within a limited amount of time with no real reward for that effort. Yes, RNG is fine but not when it requires very strict time restrictions as well.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

RNG is fine as long as it is not extremely time restricted. In this case you are forcing the player to spend as much time grinding within a limited amount of time with no real reward for that effort. Yes, RNG is fine but not when it requires very strict time restrictions as well.

..it's not extremely time restricted. You have a full week. Each acolyte stays for around 3days. 

il y a 59 minutes, GrayFrequency a dit :

Honestly I really don't see any point of changing it.

I don't know, making the event worth playing for example ? Also, let's play a game. I describe two mods, but I describe what they do and how you get them separately and you guess which are the good combination : here it is.

Mod n°1 : Flat out +150% crit chance

Mod n°2 : On headshot, for 9s, +135% crit chance.

Condition n°1 : 4% chance on a level 60 boss that can only be fought 6 days of the year, may spawn on late-game planets and is only there when he wants to

Condition n°2 : 0.5 to 2% drop chance for every single enemy of the very first planet of the game, plus a heck of a lot of other enemies, plus a potential drop chance from orokin container

Now explain to me again why this is okay ?

il y a 49 minutes, GrayFrequency a dit :

I still think the drop chance is fine. 4% isn't the worst. You shouldn't be able to get the rarest mod in like 5 minutes. It would nil the point of rare acolyte mods.

And as everybody know, between 5 minutes and 10 hours, there's no reasonable middle ground. I mean, corrupted mods aren't a thing, lua mods aren't a thing, nightmare mods aren't a thing, rare mods drop by standard enemies aren't a thing... oh wait they are...

And 3 days is a short time restrict, in particular when we're talking about 8 to 10 hours long farming.

3 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

I don't know, making the event worth playing for example ? Also, let's play a game. I describe two mods, but I describe what they do and how you get them separately and you guess which are the good combination : here it is.

Mod n°1 : Flat out +150% crit chance

Mod n°2 : On headshot, for 9s, +135% crit chance.

Condition n°1 : 4% chance on a level 60 boss that can only be fought 6 days of the year, may spawn on late-game planets and is only there when he wants to

Condition n°2 : 0.5 to 2% drop chance for every single enemy of the very first planet of the game, plus a heck of a lot of other enemies, plus a potential drop chance from orokin container

Now explain to me again why this is okay ?

And as everybody know, between 5 minutes and 10 hours, there's no reasonable middle ground. I mean, corrupted mods aren't a thing, lua mods aren't a thing, nightmare mods aren't a thing, rare mods drop by standard enemies aren't a thing... oh wait they are...

And 3 days is a short time restrict, in particular when we're talking about 8 to 10 hours long farming.

It is worth playing, since you can get rare event mods.

I am already playing a game, Warframe. 

It's okay because it's a rare event acolyte drop. It shouldn't just give it to you. There would be no point in this game, if it just gave everything to you. 

I still think it's fine. 

3 days isn't that short. Better get grinding then 😉

-----------------

I'm off to do some more grinding myself, and get more rare mods. 

Adios

il y a 32 minutes, GrayFrequency a dit :

get rare event mods.

That aren't worth getting in the grand scheme of things.

And FFS, I'm autistic, I've had a lot of problems in my life with being too binary, so this pisses me off way more than it should, but there's a stupid amount of space in the spectrum of possibilities between "giving away" and "you have 3 days to spend 20~25 hours in game". I'm not suggesting giving them away, I'm suggesting rethinking either the event or the rewards (or both) to make it so it actually makes sense lore-wise and make it more inline with the rest of the content of this game. But you know, who cares about fun...

9 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

Then this is failing to reach its goal. I spent hours on this game, what's the result : I'm so burned out by this "experience" that I'm probably not gonna spend as much time as I would have during the next weeks, and it will never be an argument to keep me looking at the game for the next 9 or 10 months just to know when they'll come back. This is just there to boost the economy and kick players out of the game.

i don't like it either, but it's popular in Video Games as a service, they all either do that or make a limited amount of play per time frame you're allowed to do to force you to come back later.

does it work for the masses? absolutely, they gobble it up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

either way you're supposed to play it for __ hours so that you don't leave.

4 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

You are missing the point. It is simply set at a rare grindable percentage of 4%. No one would try if it was 0.001%. That is an absurd percentage, and DE knows that. Rare items, should be a bit of a challenge to acquire. 4% is fine if you ask me.

but plenty of things exist in the game like that as it is. there are numerous Rare Mods in the game that have a 0.0201% Chance.

5 hours ago, GrayFrequency said:

..it's not extremely time restricted. You have a full week. Each acolyte stays for around 3days. 

If an Acolyte was available the entire time for say 3 days then it wouldn't be time restricted. Instead the acolyte is available for 15-20 minutes every couple of hours. This is entirely random and depends on the community finding the next location, otherwise it reveals itself over time.

So let's say you have 2-3 hours to play Warframe. You load up the game and see location unknown for one acolyte and the other is found so you immediately launch that mission. You get in 2 runs before they go away. In that time the other acolyte still hasn't been found. So what do you do? Do you wait on your ship and do nothing so that once either is found you can do that mission or do you go to Fortuna? You can't do bounties as they take too long and you might miss the acolyte's next location. You could go mining/fishing while you wait I guess. But in the end you spend most of your time waiting to do the Acolyte mission in those 2-3 hours, not actually playing the event. That's severely time restricted despite you claiming it is available for a "full" week.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Except those mods are typically available 24/7 for grinding.

sure, but it's still an extremely low probability and Players still go and get them anyways, rather than just logging out or something.
the point of contention was purposed that low Chances would mean Players wouldn't play and acquire it anyways - but... they do.

Edited by taiiat

14 hours ago, taiiat said:

sure, but it's still an extremely low probability and Players still go and get them anyways, rather than just logging out or something.
the point of contention was purposed that low Chances would mean Players wouldn't play and acquire it anyways - but... they do.

Over a long period of time sure, but they certainly do not forego all other content just to grind for it. Or better still they do meaningful content while grinding for it.

I have all the acolyte mods and I can tell you that the entire event is horribly designed and leads to burnout more so than any other content in the game. The limited availability and low drop rates ensure that.

Il y a 20 heures, taiiat a dit :

there are numerous Rare Mods in the game that have a 0.0201% Chance

But that's not the full picture. Let's take Hell's Chamber for example, ignoring other ways to get it, it can drop from :

Attack Drone 0.03%
Carabus 0.03%
Frontier Regulator 0.03%
Leekter 20%
Nemes 0.03%
Oxium Osprey 0.03%
Regulator 0.03%
Sensor Regulator 0.03%
Shik Tal 20%
Terra Turret Osprey 0.03%
Vem Tabook 10%

I've killed 35k corpus units, how many of them were in this list ? Attack drones are pretty common for example. On the other hand, I've just got my 40th Torment kill (and still no Argon Scope...). It's both low percentage and a tiny window to roll the dice that makes this awful. Worse : for this particular example, you start to roll the dice way before you actually care about the mods, but for Acolytes, that's not the case. So I've been failing, again, and again, and again, for hours, which doesn't feel fun. It says a lot that my most fun Warframe experience of the day for now was a low-level hijack mission where we didn't have anything to do but look at the scenery...

Edit : I got my Argon Scope. Had to kill Torment 42 times to get it. Only need Mania's nano-applicator and Violence's shrapnel shot and I'll be done with this event, and I'll never, ever, fight any of these again, at least in this kind of events.

Edited by Thelk641

The thing that irks me about this event is how participating in it disrupts basically everything else that I want to do in the game for a week. People temporarily ignore the mission to whack an Acolyte. Some of them get angry if someone takes too long on a spy vault or gets lost trying to find the extraction point. Today I saw someone yell at another person in the group for joining with a low level Volt on Violence because he didn't use speed. It brings out the worst in the community.

I ended up using an alert tracker and now that there are 3 acolytes live, I get notification bombed both in and out of the game, so its disruptive when I'm not playing and its disruptive when I'm playing because I don't want to commit to any time consuming activity just in case I miss Violence in the hours I have to play this game when I'm not working. The longer the event goes on, the more I feel like I'm missing the limited window to get some of these rare mods and the more I camp the alert tracker.

When you add all that together and spam a not particularly fun activity, that precludes you from most other fun activities in the game, in the company of random people who will take it out on you if you slow them down for 30/35 shrapnel shots and zero maiming strikes, its hard not to feel like the whole thing was worse than a waste of time.

I don't mind stuff being rare, but I'd like to take a shot at it in my own time and with people that aren't in a frenzy over the possibility of missing out.

Edited by Lolacrayola

5 hours ago, Thelk641 said:

But that's not the full picture. Let's take Hell's Chamber for example, ignoring other ways to get it, it can drop from :

that isn't either, since that is available more widely, and also has a higher Chance per Enemy than i mentioned.
Condition Overload is a more prime example, being from a single Enemy and being ~40% less likely than Hell's Chamber per Enemy.

the point, as i already spoke about, is not that the opportunities are equal, but that there are very low Chances elsewhere in the game as well. infinite availability is correct, but matching almost every other point is also applicable (that there are low Chance items that have you diverting from the rest of the game to almost single purposely acquire)