The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More riven cap with milestones

Volkeris

So today I received the milestone reward for a riven cache. Problem is, I was already at the 90 riven limit, so this basically forced me to get rid of a grand total of 3 rivens, since I do want to continue doing sorties. My question is, why can't we get more capacity, even beyond the purchasable 90, by reaching milestones?

55 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

So today I received the milestone reward for a riven cache. Problem is, I was already at the 90 riven limit, so this basically forced me to get rid of a grand total of 3 rivens, since I do want to continue doing sorties. My question is, why can't we get more capacity, even beyond the purchasable 90, by reaching milestones?

Because unlike normal mods and frames Rivens take up a lot more database space and DE have to limit the cap to prevent hoarders collecting thousands of them.

8 minutes ago, Shalath said:

Because unlike normal mods and frames Rivens take up a lot more database space and DE have to limit the cap to prevent hoarders collecting thousands of them.

Let's be honest, 3 extra slots for a person every several hundred days won't put much of a strain on the database. Probably.

Edited by Volkeris

On top of other's "Database issue" responses, I'd just like to throw in:
No, it wouldn't be a problem to only increase the cap for those who pass the milestones......For Now. But remember, as the days tick by, more and more players will reach that increased cap, and it'll put more and more strain on the servers and force DE's hand to solve it again with some other solution. Sorta like they had too with the Daily Log-in Rewards original system reboot.

8 hours ago, Volkeris said:

Let's be honest, 3 extra slots for a person every several hundred days won't put much of a strain on the database. Probably.

3 slots for you and every other person who has played or will play the game in the future, potentially all at once.

The idea works if you and you alone are playing the game, but they have to factor in the game growing. They are refusing to sell you more. It's not to spite you.