Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please read: My Melee 3.0 idea adding more combo's

Grayfox1990

On 2019-02-13 at 6:58 PM, OmegaZero633 said:

I doubt they will add combos, honestly. The stated intention for Melee 3.0 was to make melee attacks more fluid and intuitive, while rebalancing the weapon classes. More specifically Steve stated in an earlier devstream that they wanted to remove the need to memorize combos in order to perform them.

In the above-mentioned devstream (I believe it was #114 if you want to check it out) they showcased some actual stance combo changes, where clicking atttack did a standing combo, while pressing forward while attacking did a combo with forward momentum. That’s currently all we have to go on as far as their plans for combos.

So we will see changes to the stance mod combos eventually, but it will likely be a simplification of what we already have. Same animations but different stats and proc effects perhaps.

Warframe is a horde shooter closer to Dynasty Warriors then something like Rising. So even though I like how Rising did things, I truly doubt they will add new combos to the game. The time-to-kill on enemies is too low at high levels to justify those changes.

That's too bad. I was afraid that they'd say that. Still hope they do so in later stages, maybe not 3.0 but later on.

That forward momentum could be good. Maybe they can do something with the camera. Like with Rising. There you could see slashes and forward momentums from every direction. Allthough camera is not the best option here.

On 2019-02-13 at 9:01 PM, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I don't want to be juggling one enemies while twenty grineer are shooting me. Aside from that, it's not like you can kill eidlon with mgr combos. Or even sargas rok for that matter. I just wish we can aim our swing upward or even downward. Just so we can hit those pesky osprey without jumping.

We have other weapons to kill eidolons... Eidolons and bosses aren't the target here. Well bosses maybe,... But it's just the enemy in general. I would say make a combo that slashes the entire room. Ashes 4th ability "was" good. Not anymore. it's not what it used to be. You got excals 1st ability and 1 combo with nikana prime where you can like fly through hordes of enemy's while killing the, but that's about it "I think". Mgr combo's let you kill plenty hordes of enemy's. Alot of enemy's were melee though... Maybe they could make you imune to bullets while you slash?